* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Upset of the year, cowboys back on track and gaining confidence

4 posters

Go down

Upset of the year, cowboys back on track and gaining confidence Empty Upset of the year, cowboys back on track and gaining confidence

Post by tomer629 Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:07 am

After starting the season 1-6, the Cowboys have now won 3 straight to improve to 4-6. They pulled off a huge upset of the 8-1 speedhawks thanks to some great defense and tough running by Legarette Blount and David Frisch.

As for the scouting report, if you are gonna beat the speedhawks you need to play great D and control the clock. We both turned the ball over twice, but I was able to drive down the field with some dinking and dunking from matt cassel and a great game from both running backs. Dont even think about going deep on him unless you have elite speed WRs, or he will just use his super fast corners to outrun you and get the pick. RO - 88 is pretty good on the sticks but I caught him overpersuing a few times and cut it back in behind him for some big gains and crucial first downs. He made a few bad throws into coverage that got picked off too. He is a decent player but i think the main reason he has a good record is his borderline cheesy team, made up of all blazing fast players. He is definitely not on the same level as JMO, CP, FF, or any of the other really good players in the league. (im sure I forgot a few) He is beatable you just cant make mistakes and turn the ball over or let him break any big plays with his WR's.

He also did a few blatant Inside Out Returns on me with hester but since I was expecting them he only broke off one big return of 50+ yds, but I stopped him before he could take it to the house. When I paused and told him he was doing the IOR and to knock it off, all he said was "you went for it on 4th". (basically admitting that he did a IOR and he knows its against the rules. LMAO yes I did go for it on 4th and one from his 40 yard line. Im sick of having to remind people to READ THE RULES but obviously going for it in this situation was perfectly legal. Even the "ask madden" play wanted me to do a fake punt lol. And even if I did break a rule (which I didnt) that doesnt give him any right to just start breaking rules and cheesing.

Overall a good game if you forget about the lame, cheesy, IOR's

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Upset of the year, cowboys back on track and gaining confidence Empty Re: Upset of the year, cowboys back on track and gaining confidence

Post by tomer629 Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 am

btw I was able to save a video because he didnt take it all the way for the TD.

I would be happy to post it if he tries to come in here and deny it.

It was a textbook IOR, almost identical to the example in FF's video.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Upset of the year, cowboys back on track and gaining confidence Empty Re: Upset of the year, cowboys back on track and gaining confidence

Post by Deathwish22 Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:20 am

tomer629 wrote:He also did a few blatant Inside Out Returns on me with hester but since I was expecting them he only broke off one big return of 50+ yds, but I stopped him before he could take it to the house. When I paused and told him he was doing the IOR and to knock it off, all he said was "you went for it on 4th". (basically admitting that he did a IOR and he knows its against the rules. LMAO yes I did go for it on 4th and one from his 40 yard line. Im sick of having to remind people to READ THE RULES but obviously going for it in this situation was perfectly legal. Even the "ask madden" play wanted me to do a fake punt lol. And even if I did break a rule (which I didnt) that doesnt give him any right to just start breaking rules and cheesing.

Overall a good game if you forget about the lame, cheesy, IOR's

He's already been warned several f@cking times about that damn rule. He did an IOR when we were all watching him play buddah in the playoffs through simulcasting...and I told him he was breaking the rules and I better not catch him doing it again. That sh!t pisses me off. Might be time to boot him. I NEVER break the rules...and especially if he admitted to doing it because you went for it on 4th down (you're allowed to go for it on forth down if you're on your opponents your own 40 yard line...just not allowed to go for it if you're inside your own 40 yard line). I'm gonna make a post about this on the franchise news page. Continuing to break the rules and knowing your doing it will get you an easy ticket out of here.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:50 am

I'm glad you won bro. Even more happy that you got eveidence. It's so hard to get evidence from this game, so I feel like a lot of borderline players go unpunished!
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:30 pm

yea its so lame that the replays only show like 8 seconds of the play. Im sure he (and many others) have gotten away with many IORs because if you score the replay doesnt show the IOR.

I knew he was gonna IOR so I took my kicker over to the side where he was headed, he tried to make a move on my kicker but that slowed him down and my guys got him from behind.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:I'm glad you won bro. Even more happy that you got eveidence. It's so hard to get evidence from this game, so I feel like a lot of borderline players go unpunished!

I feel like a lot of border line players go unpunished too, which is why I tend to call people out if I see them breaking the rules. People might say I bitch a lot but why have rules if nobody is gonna follow them. I have pretty much given up on the 13 yd dropback rule though because I see it in almost every game, and call people out on it every game, and all I hear is "you need to make a stop..."

No shit i need to make a stop but when people are constantly exploiting known glitches its a little harder... this is why the rules are in place, because its really hard to stop these glitches.

example... I just played Dlew in another league. His FIRST PLAY he drops back like 20 yards and throws to his wide open dude on a drag for a 25 yard gain. I pause it and say wtf dude you know the rules. He says sorry he made a mistake it wont happen again. Im thinking cool, no problem, he knows he cant do that and admited it was against the rules. He then does it a few more times here and there in the first half. I say whatever Im up 14 I already called him out and he's still doing it. Then in the 2nd half when he was desperate and trying to come back and score quick... he drops back like 20 yards ON ALMOST EVERY PLAY. Seriously ive never seen someone abuse this glitch so badly. (he had roethlisberger too so one of the best players to exploit this with) I pause and say "WTF DUDE THOUGHT YOU KNEW THE RULES".... no response. Of course he scored easily once he started doing this and if he had been doing it all game probably would have won. So what am I supposed to do? Let people beat me by doing this BS? Calling people out does nothing. Should I just start doing it myself? Oh yea I dont draft fast QBs cause I play sim football and pass the ball from the fucking pocket like you are supposed to. Sorry for the rant just sick of having to remind people of the basic rules almost every game.

I will continue to call people out when they break the rules. Tell me to stop whining or whatever you want to say... but as long as the rules say we cant do something im gonna call people out on it every time I see them do it. Im not trying to make the commish's job hard, just trying to make this league fun for those of us who actually do play sim. And I call people out win or lose. JMO, CP, Deathwish, Falcon, have all kicked the shit out of me EVERY TIME i play them... and I have never had to call them out cause they play sim and win with stick skills and strategy, not cheese.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:56 pm

correction tomer: you kicked the shit out of me in that shitty cant be beat league with dallas, to the point i actually conceded lol. BUT it was done fairly (i dont think undrafted redskins vs cowboys is that fair) in terms of gameplay but i see your point. whenever i play someone new i'm just readying my arsenol of cheese myself...i've tried countless times to correct people in the wrong and they either don't care or just do it out of desperation.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:17 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:correction tomer: you kicked the shit out of me in that shitty cant be beat league with dallas, to the point i actually conceded lol. BUT it was done fairly (i dont think undrafted redskins vs cowboys is that fair) in terms of gameplay but i see your point. whenever i play someone new i'm just readying my arsenol of cheese myself...i've tried countless times to correct people in the wrong and they either don't care or just do it out of desperation.

oh yea forgot about that game, but yea that doesnt really count the cowboys are stacked and washington is average. I cant seem to get over the hump and beat the elite players in drafted leagues... I almost always play close games, and usually have a lead at some point, but I can never play a complete game and beat you guys.

specially jmo he dominated me last year too

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:17 pm

here is the replay

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/47223226

blatant IOR

I also got a message from him after our game... here it is WORD FOR WORD

"If I cheat how u beat me, just grow up n act ur age dude have to cheat IOR is not cheating dats breaking a rule"

ummm... wow.... this might be the dumbest statement that I have ever heard on PSN, and that says a lot..

"IOR is not cheating dats breaking a rule"

umm isnt "breaking a rule" the DEFINITION OF CHEATING!!! ROFL lol!

so basically he admits to doing an IOR, says that yes it is against the rules and he knows it... but in the same sentence says it is not cheating. SMFH and LMFAO

In case RO-88 or anyone else wants to question whether that message was real... I took a pic on my phone that I would be happy to post if you guys want. I don't make shit up or threaten video evidence unless I actually have it.

BOOT THIS BUM!!!!

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Well that's def an IOR if I've ever seen one. I used to try and call people out but it never gets anything done, so now I just ignore it and take the loss if that's what it comes down to. I would just cheese them back but the only option I know is rolling out of the pocket or the IOR. It's funny because when lobby bums piss me off with their cheese I'll try and reciprocate but I suck at the IOR and don't know any glitches so I have to resort to crossing routes.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down