* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

what progression?

+5
Vista3131
phantomshark
tomer629
ezweightloss
falconfansince81
9 posters

Go down

what progression? Empty what progression?

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 pm

after recently re-evaluating this god awful team that used to be really good, i was looking at the ratings today compared to how they were when i drafted certain key players to try and find out how this team turned to complete shit. i have a rough idea on stats since i follow them closely and just laughed when i looked at the progression system...heres a few examples that prove season stats mean nothing, and progression is solely predetermined based on age and potential.

this is over a course of two seasons:

cb tillman - drafted 86 ovr, over the course of the two seasons he racked up 20+ int's yet somehow decreased to 85 overall and lost 3 speed. right.

cb clements - drafted 84 ovr, after hauling in 20+ int's as well he decreases to a 79 ovr.

qb sam bradford - rarely used and rarely throwin up big numbers, sam passed for roughly 4,000 yards in 2 years yet goes up 8 ovr to an undeserved 88.

rb michael turner - constantly dominating, he ran for almost 4,000 yards and 40 td's yet went up 1 ovr to a 90.

it goes on and on, arbitrary progression for players who sat the bench (jim leonard went up 1 and hasn't played a game in 2 years) and digression for the ones who set or nearly set nfl records. just throwing this out there that no matter how well you do with your players, age will eventually deem them useless. what do you think michael strahans rating would be when he retired one of the oldest dt's to ever play? in madden, he'd probably be a 70 ovr...and why is champ bailey rated so high for being so old while my record setting cb's go down 6 overall? its stupid, and i had to vent...there is nothing dynamic about this damn game anymore.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

what progression? Empty Re: what progression?

Post by ezweightloss Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:51 pm

all the progressions are predetermined. you could throw for 10000 yards and bradford will still go up 4 a season or w/e it is

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:55 pm

ezweightloss wrote:all the progressions are predetermined. you could throw for 10000 yards and bradford will still go up 4 a season or w/e it is

me and cp went back and forth on this last night...well, from what i could make out since ea's voice coding is just as shitty as their progression system. at least we know who to avoid now lol...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:37 pm

I had a 69 ovr late round receiver put up 2000 yds and 20 tds in 13 games. He didnt go up at all, anywhere....

he also had 500 yds and 7 Tds in 2 playoff games that year, including a game with 370 yds and 5 tds

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:00 am

Progressions will vary, but they are not based on any kind of performance. There is a random factor, based on the players age and the potential. Some players will always progress the same, some won't (I've simmed through season 1 a few times and recorded the numbers). The ones that always progressed the same I don't know if it's because they always hit the same random number or if they are programmed like that, but many of them would progress 1 the first time, then lose 1 the second time, then gain 2 the next time, then break even the next time. In looking at their stats for the season, there was no correlation - many times they'd be free agents who never played a down for any team.

Oh, and also, as far as retirements, there's some guys that will retire after the season no matter what due to age. Then the rest of the retirees will be the free agents with the worst statistics (seems to be a combo of ovr and pot). So if someone is on a team and retires, that means he will always retire after that same season no matter what.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:42 am

This is my theory, it may be based on the amount of plays the player plays has nothing to do with stats again that is just a theory.

The only good example i have is DT Gottschalk a rookie I have in 2 leagues 1 league he started the other he did'nt play hardly at all he went from a 74 to 79 in one the other he stayed the same.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:16 pm

in vip league matt ryan was hurt all but 2 games. he went up 4 overall.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:46 pm

I absolutely hate the progression system...I think at the end of 10 seasons every team will be full of 76 overall players...I jus don't get it honestly...seems as tho the more u use a player the more they go down...james harrison is the worst I have ever seen for regressions man. He was drafted 95 plus over now he is a 84 over with 77 speed man...crazy when he is killing it in real life right now ya kno...I kno this is madden but players should hold their ratings a lil bit better and these rookies we draft need a lil more boost as well.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 pm

I've been having the same problem with my MLB Nick Barnett...drafted dude with an overall great overall rating...he's done nothing but fallen off the last 2 season...and forced me to draft a rookie MLB this past draft...Barnett has only played 7 season or so...that shouldn't be happening.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:37 am

yea exactly...james harrison is 30 i think but only has played fa real for about 4 years. he hasnt played much until he got to pittsburgh so i mean he shouldnt either.

i honestly think that for rookies the more they play the better they should be and for the older established players the more they play the more they hold on to their ratings man. players like TO who can play till he is like 45 shouldnt be retiring after the first year ya kno...but guess thats the part of playing GM. i havent seen any 5th and 6th and 7th round jems with A potential that jus come alive. where are the marques colstens and tom bradys man...seems like if u dont have that 1st or 2nd pick your other picks are worthless.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:59 am

there are late round gems like that in the offline franchise, but there's not really a way to do it online cause everyone can see the stats. there are rookies that come out with A potential and terrible overalls (CB J. vargo was a 48 overall and an A) so that's kinda like a hidden gem right there. just not a lot of em i guess.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:21 am

but how much will he go up from since he is a 48 overall like itll probably take awhile to even get into the 70's

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 am

yeah I dk, I'm just sayin there are low rated rookies that have potential. With the way Madden online franchises are set up right now, I dont think there is a good way to have late round sleepers like colston, harrison, brady, etc. because everyone can see the overalls, and they can only proress a set amount each year. Unless you count players like bowman, boutte, lincoln, and randy mcclain who are all low overalls in the draft but have amazing ratings in the attributes that matter for their position. i guess that's kind of like a sleeper, a lot of people passed on them even though they are some of the best players in the draft.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:51 am

"who are all low overalls in the draft but have amazing ratings in the attributes that matter for their position"

Only now people are catching on...lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:01 am

bigbuddah wrote:but how much will he go up from since he is a 48 overall like itll probably take awhile to even get into the 70's

I have him in this franchise. Vargo went up to a 54 ovr (6 points) his first season...and the dude didn't even start...I only drafted him because of his A potential...he's like my 5th CB...if he keeps up his pace...he'll be a beast come season 6 or 7...LOL!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down