* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

MADDEN 11 PATCH UPDATE 1.05!

+7
saastar
Shlarman
surfnturf90
Rui_F
bigbuddah
Cheddah_Cheez
falconfansince81
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MADDEN 11 PATCH UPDATE 1.05! Empty MADDEN 11 PATCH UPDATE 1.05!

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 pm

so apparently ea hasn't put m11 to rest just yet, and there may be hope for defense improvements! some people have received this massive 300mb update, and some haven't...has anyone got it yet?

this is from ian cummings (lead designer) twitter page:

Ian Cummings Twitter: FYI - Madden 11 title update #5 (1.05) is out and makes defense way better + fixes some major online exploits + more. Blog coming soon.

:Ian's twitter: Btw, Some on Xbox and Some on PS3 have it. Not everyone. That'll help the anxious ppl.
For those wondering, tu5 defense changes consist of taking a ton of NCAA's tuning + coverage updates + defensive locomotion tuning + more."
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

MADDEN 11 PATCH UPDATE 1.05! Empty Re: MADDEN 11 PATCH UPDATE 1.05!

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 pm

That's good news if it's real. I hear NCAA is legit so if they take anything from there it must be an improvement. I wonder what they fixed...I just put madden in and saw nothing of an update.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:15 am

ncaa 11 was super legit but i mean making defense better jus means that those 96 speed corners with 80 man coverage can definately stick up with the 96 rte 91 speed wrs...soooo thanks EA lol...should be good still tho

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:36 pm

i just want to be able to play zone again without my defenders squat-pivoting as the ball/receiver blows by.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:40 pm

FF is that twitter thing credible? Has anyone else heard any news about this or an expected release?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:FF is that twitter thing credible? Has anyone else heard any news about this or an expected release?

yeah thats his actualy twitter page i pulled it off of, it's definately happening several people have already got the patch...i'm checking operation sports right now and will psot my findings.

here is the official thread at operation sports if anyone wants to read:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/459901-madden-nfl-11-title-update-5-details-post-impressions-here.html
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Just read what the patch incorporates at that link. I gotta admit I'm somewhat worried. I like the defensive adjustments, but I'll bet that (just like someone on OS said) there's going to be no point in playaction, counters, or anything of that sort. The Defensive AI is gonna blow up every single play.

Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Just read what the patch incorporates at that link. I gotta admit I'm somewhat worried. I like the defensive adjustments, but I'll bet that (just like someone on OS said) there's going to be no point in playaction, counters, or anything of that sort. The Defensive AI is gonna blow up every single play.

so long as they don't mess with lb's awareness i think it should be fine, most the problems on D appear to be locomotion issues with bad pursuit angles and false steps. i personally rather have amazing d than this arcade like shootout we have now, but thats just me...cause i desperately miss playing zone Sad

your probably right though, they tend to break something everytime they 'fix' something...but at least its an effort that our feedback is taken into consideration i do like to hear they are at least trying (prolly have 2k sports breathin down their neck for that license).
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Yeah, I'm with you. I'd rather have defense tougher than anything else. My only concern was that I have enough trouble running against most players as is...but I'd likely take the trade off of REALLY not being able to run with being able to defend it better. I think the weakest point in my game without a doubt is defending the run (which is why I've been trying to jump out on guys early so they can't run as much), so anything that's going to make it easier for me to defend the run is A-Ok with me lol
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Yeah, I'm with you. I'd rather have defense tougher than anything else. My only concern was that I have enough trouble running against most players as is...but I'd likely take the trade off of REALLY not being able to run with being able to defend it better. I think the weakest point in my game without a doubt is defending the run (which is why I've been trying to jump out on guys early so they can't run as much), so anything that's going to make it easier for me to defend the run is A-Ok with me lol

from what it sounds like its more of a tuning kit for pass defense, lets hope so cause i think run defense is ok as is since run blocking its self is the worst i've ever seen in a madden game.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Here's the list:

Hello Madden fans, we are happy to announce the release of our fifth (and likely final) title update for Madden NFL 11, just in time for the holidays. The fixes listed below represent a culmination of all the feedback received from you, the fans, in our loyal community. We'd like to thank you for the continued support and strong attention to detail, as well as, your willingness to contribute in always trying to make Madden NFL a better game. This title update focuses on primarily fixing online exploits and fine-tuning the balance of gameplay by making numerous improvements to defensive AI.

The fixes are as follows:

• Fixed an exploit to disallow defenders from all blitzing when the quarterback tried to pump fake when facing the wrong direction. This was discovered in NCAA Football 11 and fixed in both titles.
• Fixed an exploit where unscrupulous players could get their fullback or tight end to move across the line of scrimmage and cause an encroachment penalty against an unsuspecting defensive player.
• Fixed an exploit where online gamers could use specific timing in pulling the network plug and cause a soft lock for both users, thus not having to face a loss. We've isolated and fixed the problem, so now if someone pulls their plug, they rightfully get a loss.
• Improved reaction times for defenders in coverage to better react to receivers
• Improved logic to get defenders in better position to make plays on the ball while in the air
• Improved defensive play recognition to get defenders reacting to the play faster
• Tuned up defensive pursuit to get defenders to take smarter angles to the ball carrier
• Tuned up defensive gap aggressiveness to get defenders into the hole faster
• Fixed an issue where the play art on defense would sometimes not show up correctly when showing blitz. We have corrected this problem in thirteen formations so now all proper play art will be displayed when showing blitz to the offense.

What I was referring to was the "Tuned up defensive gap aggressiveness to get defenders into the hole faster". I feel like unless it's me using a strafe-slide into the hole with the LB, none of the other defenders eat up gaps. That's ALL you see in the NFL. Hell some plays are based around an LB literally just smashing into the lineman to clog a hole, but I NEVER see my guys do it. Against runs I usually just sprint to the gap I think it's going and try and eat up a blocker to allow the AI to get through...sometimes I don't get blocked and make the tackle, sometimes I eat the blocker and the AI makes the tackle...MOST times the runner skates a different direction and goes for a 6yd gain. Maybe that's my problem lol
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:47 pm

The problem we might encounter is the fact we already play this game in all madden difficulty to compensate for previous defensive weaknesses. when they implement changes they do it across the board, this update may kill a lot of peoples offenses at the all madden level, from the sounds of it especially people that run the ball, should be interesting....
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:57 pm

in some leagues ppl have 99 man covergae corners so this could jus absolutely make passing to those guys impossible. i like the fact that they are tuning it and tuning reaction time but only for those short passing offenses that take advantage of the AI reacting very slowly. i try and blow up holes all the time but the locomotion reacts so slow at times that my player cant move.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:34 pm

I dk, i have revis and mccourty in DW league, both with 95+ man coverage and they regularly get burned on all kinds of routes. I definitely wouldn't mind an update that made their attributes matter a little more, although it would kinda fuck my other teams that have 95+ speed corners with about 20 man coverage ha

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 pm

It would actually be realistic if guys with 99 man cover stuck to their men like glue. In my opinion, you shouldn't even be able to throw in the direction of an elite cb like revis or namdi cuz that's how it is in real life
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:25 pm

YEAAAAAAAA I got it...I'll post impressions later
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:39 pm

so by the sounds of this patch, I might as well just hang up my controller and quit since all i do is pound the ball and throw short passes. So this should be fun

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

MADDEN 11 PATCH UPDATE 1.05! Empty LOL

Post by saastar Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:42 pm

i hear ya shlarman.. i couldnt run the ball before the patch so i aint going to be able to do it now.. so when i draft in cheedah lg then ill be drafting pass blocking oline, fast wrs and a qb that can sling the ball.. fuck the run game.....

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Shlarman wrote:so by the sounds of this patch, I might as well just hang up my controller and quit since all i do is pound the ball and throw short passes. So this should be fun

I wouldnt describe your run game as "pounding the ball" - u are more of a FINESSE STYLE RUNNER (looking for edge runs and cutback lanes with SPD RBs) - so perhaps your style of run game will be safe BUT the way i like to POUND THE ROCK between the tackles with a BIG BACK - those days could be numbered...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:12 pm

i didn't think they could possibly make run blocking worse, but it IS ea sports...so the potential of failure is endless Rolling Eyes
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:57 pm

yeah greener that probably is a much more accurate description of my style. Although Surf and I labed for awhile this afternoon with the patch and the only real difference we could see is that every now and then if you ran at zones they would blitz the gap and stuff the run much better. Otherwise we couldn't tell a lot of change. I'm interested to see if other people notice something though.

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by imthatcrack Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:31 pm

I thing it will be good shit u have to many high scoring gms i think it will make for more defensive gms. which i personally like , may also make O-line more important

Last edited by imthatcrack on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

imthatcrack
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:30 am

Has anyone actually seen any differences after the update? I've played a couple play now games with Shlarman, and just played my Greener game, but I didn't notice anything at all.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:50 am

I played Villa and I 100% notice the differences. Pursuit angles have been improved by AI defenders, especially on runs to the outside. I also notice they do a better job on their gap assignments. I haven't noticed much of the zone differences because I haven't played much zone.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 am

i noticed my run game has got worse.. and it seems like that the oline is sucking worse.. bc i have a beast oline with 90 overalls and great pass and run blocking but yet they got block worth a fuck and i couldnt get a 2 yd gain and it seemd liked no one was blocking anyone.. even when i tried to pass.. going to be very long yr..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next