* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Fed Up with Bigmullet (again)

4 posters

Go down

Fed Up with Bigmullet (again) Empty Fed Up with Bigmullet (again)

Post by tomer629 Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 pm

short version:

Well bigmullet has avoided playing me yet again, and wasted even more of my time. He has done this to me multiple times and I know others have complained about him too. So my question is where do we draw the line? At what point does a guy get booted for blowing off scheduled games and wasting peoples time. This is an honest question.

long version

backstory - the first time I played bigmullet in season one I had a great game and won my only player of the week award. I think it was something like 50-7. After that he has somehow avoided playing me all 3 times we had a game scheduled in this league. (unfortunately he is in my division)

He has ignored my messages while playing other games (there was a post about this but i cant find it) and scheduled games with me and then not showed up on time. Just this weekend I messaged him saturday night and told him that since there is a crazy blizzard im not gonna leave the house all weekend, I say we can play anytime. He says lets play in 10 minutes. I say fine so I quit Black Ops and put madden in and load up the franchise. 15 minutes later he says "im going out to eat we can play at 9:45". Ok... so I just wasted 20 minutes switching games and waiting for him... but its cool ill play him at 9:45. I tell my GF i cant watch a movie with here cause I got a game scheduled at 9:45. So 9:45 comes and dude doesnt show up. I wait like 30 minutes and pass time looking at stats and shit. Finally i put in black ops and play for a half hour. I figure maybe we have the timezones screwed up so I make sure to wait an extra half hour (1.5 hrs wasted at this point).

The next day he says he has a draft and other games, and has to watch the eagles game and cant play till around 10:30 or so. Im totally understanding despite him wasting my time saturday and say ok, even though I have to work at 5:00am and starting a game at 10:30 gives me less than 4 hrs sleep. (I really didnt wanna let this guy avoid playing me again) I told him that I have to work early so if the eagles game isnt close it would be nice if he logged on before 10:30 if possible. The eagles game was fairly close so I wasnt surprised that he didnt get on early. But then he didnt get on till 10:45 and we had to deal with the "failed to download game info thing" so by now we are finally starting at 10:55. 25 min after scheduled time but w/e. Then on his first drive he runs 3 plays and pauses it....... 2 minutes later im think WTF is this moron doing. 10 minutes later im furious and he never messaged or responded to my messages. 15 minutes later I message DW. 20 minutes later I finally unpause it in the hopes that he hears himself getting delay of games penalties and comes back. He never came back. After the 3rd delay of game he dc's. As im writing out a message to DW, (by now 30 minutes after his original pause) he sends me a game invite, no apology for the 30 min pause, doesnt even mention it, like nothing happened. So by now its 11:30 and there is no way in hell Im starting another game, 1 hour after our original scheduled time which was already really late for me. I congratulated him on avoiding playing me for the 3rd time in a row, and log off.

Oh and of course his 0-7 Eagles beat my 5-1 cowboys in the simmed game.

Sorry for the long post but this shit really pisses me off. Ive wasted way too much time trying to play this guy and I dont ever want to have to do it again. I can deal with the occasional cheeser and glitcher because even if they cheat the game only takes 90 minutes tops. But when people waste your time it is way worse IMO. Ive been working 60 hr weeks the last month and I dont have much time to relax after work, so wasting 1 hour sitting around waiting to play a guy in madden that never shows up really makes me mad. When I waste 3 hours of the very few precious weekend hours trying to get a game played, it makes me wonder why if its even worth all the wasted time to be in these leagues.

Last edited by tomer629 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Fed Up with Bigmullet (again) Empty Re: Fed Up with Bigmullet (again)

Post by Vista3131 Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:30 pm

I will say I can handle just about anything when it comes to playing these games but what bothers me more then anything is people just assuming you have nothing better to do except wait to play them at their convenance. I love the part how he won the sim game, of course he did typical!.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Vista3131 wrote:I will say I can handle just about anything when it comes to playing these games but what bothers me more then anything is people just assuming you have nothing better to do except wait to play them at their convenance. I love the part how he won the sim game, of course he did typical!.

lol yea he's 3-0 against me in simmed games in this league

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigmullet Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:34 pm

I never avoid anyone, we set time, and we played, lost connection, then you just said your done wasting time and i sent message to play gm right after, i waited over an hour and a half, so i guess u returned the favor of wasting my time. I understand that anyone would be upset to not get gm in and get sim loss, happens to a lot of people, sorry it had to end up this way, but you had chance to simply play again, u chose not to and just left, thats on you not me

Bigmullet
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigmullet Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:37 pm

I have had this happen to me numerous times, and yes it does seem like a waste of time i know, i just hate to complain, but it appears as though i will complain now, since i see there is a forum for it. I was always one for No complaints posted, so i just ate the frustration and kept my mouth shut, now i will definitely relieve my frustrations on the boards, although it is against my better judgement

Bigmullet
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:17 am

I must say Mullet...If I was tomer...I would have text the commish...He should have received a damn CPU game for that BS. 20 minute pause? That's bullshit. Next time Tomer...please text me...it goes straight to me...I'm normally not on late nights because i work early in the morning and my family obligations...so texting me is the best way to get ahold of me. If you guys wouldn't have been the last game unplayed for the week...I would have waited for you to get on and given you a cpu game. But I can't hold the league open for 1 guy...still...that is ridiculous...and then to pick up the sim loss in the end. I'm sorry bro. Please text me next time...and this same message goes to anyone else...if you're having problems that you need solved immediately...please text me.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Bigmullet wrote:I never avoid anyone, we set time, and we played, lost connection, then you just said your done wasting time and i sent message to play gm right after, i waited over an hour and a half, so i guess u returned the favor of wasting my time. I understand that anyone would be upset to not get gm in and get sim loss, happens to a lot of people, sorry it had to end up this way, but you had chance to simply play again, u chose not to and just left, thats on you not me

dude we didnt lose connection... YOU PAUSED IT FOR 30 minutes. You never responded to any messages for that 30 minutes, or sent a message explaining why you paused for so long or when you would be back

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Deathwish22 wrote:I must say Mullet...If I was tomer...I would have text the commish...He should have received a damn CPU game for that BS. 20 minute pause? That's bullshit. Next time Tomer...please text me...it goes straight to me...I'm normally not on late nights because i work early in the morning and my family obligations...so texting me is the best way to get ahold of me. If you guys wouldn't have been the last game unplayed for the week...I would have waited for you to get on and given you a cpu game. But I can't hold the league open for 1 guy...still...that is ridiculous...and then to pick up the sim loss in the end. I'm sorry bro. Please text me next time...and this same message goes to anyone else...if you're having problems that you need solved immediately...please text me.

I did text you on PSN. Guess I didnt even think to text you on your cell.

And yes, a 30 minute pause IS bullshit. That is why I ask this simple question. At what point do we draw the line and boot a guy from the league?

I bend over backwards to get online daily and message my opponents. I make sure to always honor my scheduled game times. I have put off going out or doing other things to play my league games. I do this because im not an asshole and because I like these leagues, and want to stay in them. I assume that if I dont show up for scheduled games and waste peoples time, that I would be kicked from the league, but apparently that is not the case since there have been multiple (5+) complaints about this guy not responding to messages and not showing up for games, yet he is still in the league.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Yes...when I say text...I mean cell phone...not PSN message. My phone doesn't leave my pocket. Messages go directly to me. It's especially pointless to message me for instant gratification on PSN if I'm not online.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down