* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

FF AND I LABBED

+8
saastar
Mcnair2wycheck
bigbuddah
surfnturf90
Cheddah_Cheez
Vista3131
falconfansince81
sickxstick-
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FF AND I LABBED Empty FF AND I LABBED

Post by sickxstick- Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:49 pm

I SHOWED HIM THE BLITZES....

WHAT DO YA THINK FF?
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634104157

Back to top Go down

FF AND I LABBED Empty Re: FF AND I LABBED

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:57 pm

i think i still got sacked in less than a second without line/blocking adjustments, but once you break it down it def helps understand the play...i still think blocking is helpless and if you have good press coverage someones in for a very long day. there are certainly ways around it, and its not an illegal nano, pinching the line helped a lot on the one but not the other so its a matter of guessing which, if any blitz your bringing. the 46 playbook has a lot of those but i'm glad we took the time to go over the plays thoroughly...now if block ratings actually meant something we could better defend it lol.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:44 pm

I have played SickxStick 4 times I guess if I had a complaint and I really don't. It is that he blitzes Too much. He showed a video of Ray Lewis that was one play I guarentee you Ray Lewis does't blitz 4 out of every 5 plays.

Now I for awhile was blitzing quite abit but it caught up with me so I don't hardly blitz at all but it makes it much more effective for me.

But you blitz on damn near every down and it was very disrupting and made it kind of stupid because I had to throw out over half my play book because those play just won't work. So i was kind of stuck with about 4 pass plays. Hope that makes sense.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:49 pm

That was my main complaint. I never said the blitzes he does are unbeatable, because I obviously beat them. It's the fact that he did them 95% of the game, and my plays were pretty much step and throw plays. Which isn't fun in the least. I also DID try moving a RB to the side of the blitzer but it didn't work.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:00 pm

I will stop blitzing, but a person must exploit my blitz and make me stop. Ask Rex Ryan....
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:32 pm

It's hard to get mad at someone for blitzing too much though, we all have things that we are better at/more comfortable with that we probably do more than we should. The first season of DW league I played pretty much exclusively zone defense the entire game, nobody got mad at me for "playing to much zone". If you know what he is doing, use plays that beat it until he adjusts, if he never adjusts, you'll win the game. If he wants to take the risk of blitzing every down to stop the run game and put pressure on you as a QB to make good decisions with the ball, why shouldn't he be able to do that?

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:49 pm

the problem is you can't depend on the ai to pick up or adjust for a blitz, and with press coverage max protect still allowing pressure you have to pray one of you 2 or 3 option aren't covered which they usually are. 2nd problem is you really don't have time to make a decision should a blitzer not get picked up (which is inevitable), if you don't press a button immediately after snapping the ball your sacked, throwing a sack pick, or fumbling. adjusting the line tends to make things worse, except a pinch can be effective for A gap blitzes but more times than not isn't. its not sicks fault he likes to blitz, but unless unless you enjoy throwing quick flat passes or screens all game its not a very enjoyable trying to beat a blitz every down. that being said, hes not actually breaking any rules...just clearing that up. unfortunately in the game there are few things you can do to defend such a horrible pass blocking system as its all animation based, get the wrong animation and your done...get the right one and you may get a completion. seems like its just playing the odds. sicks not a bad guy, and not intentionally trying to abuse the horrible blocking ai (at least i hope not although with so many blitzes it may seem so), but there is simply nothing that can be done at times because the ai isn't dependable. i don't think anyone would complain about too much zone surf lol, not with as bad as it is this year...but if you dropped 9 guys in zone with two spy's thats different.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:09 pm

FF the blitz is beatable I just played my buddy, taught him the blitz and dotted him down the field. Made his team look like high school kids on D trying to stop Peyton. I was the Cowboys he was the Giants. The blitz can get slayed. My buddy is no slouch. We are back in forth when we play.
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:11 pm

haha yeah Falcon, looking back on it, I can't believe I won any games the first season with the way I played lol.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:14 am

u cant get mad at noone for blitzing to much. it does get irritating and the games arent enjoyable. ill tell yall this tho man if i could come up with blitzes that worked as well as his seem to work i would blitz alot more than i do now. i use to blitz alot since i run the 3-4 but i switched to the jets pb and they got some 46 so i dont have to blitz as much just to stop the run. i lab blitzing all the time man and i cant figure it out like i use to without moving more than 1 player on defense and o dude seems to have it down...guess i gotta go back to the drawing board.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:05 pm

This should be beatable with a good receiving running back.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Mcnair2wycheck wrote:This should be beatable with a good receiving running back.

if by some chance you do get the pass off accurate, the olb or safety is on him in a second...really need a good blocking back. more than half the time it'll result in a pick 6 for a dlineman lol, trust me, its not fun...i think in our gm i started out with that then a fumble returned to start off down 0-21.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:40 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:
Mcnair2wycheck wrote:This should be beatable with a good receiving running back.

if by some chance you do get the pass off accurate, the olb or safety is on him in a second...really need a good blocking back. more than half the time it'll result in a pick 6 for a dlineman lol, trust me, its not fun...i think in our gm i started out with that then a fumble returned to start off down 0-21.

You probably just got unlucky more than anything though, I think mcnair has the right idea. Blocking is terrible in Madden, leaving in extra blockers isn't going to help because the programming isn't good enough to make them pick up the right people. If you send more people out on routes than he leaves back in the secondary, you will have someone open every time. Depending on how he sets up his coverage/who he user covers, you just have to hit the open guy, which could be a slot WR, a back, or a TE. Let them run after the catch, and if they can break 1 or 2 tackles you get to take it to the house because all the other defenders are on top of your QB.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:16 pm

surfnturf90 wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:

You probably just got unlucky more than anything though, I think mcnair has the right idea. Blocking is terrible in Madden, leaving in extra blockers isn't going to help because the programming isn't good enough to make them pick up the right people. If you send more people out on routes than he leaves back in the secondary, you will have someone open every time. Depending on how he sets up his coverage/who he user covers, you just have to hit the open guy, which could be a slot WR, a back, or a TE. Let them run after the catch, and if they can break 1 or 2 tackles you get to take it to the house because all the other defenders are on top of your QB.

That's how I beat it...but the problem is. You're basically guessing every play which guy is gonna be open because it's not like you have time to actually make the read. I don't remember exactly what the score was, but I know it was a shootout. Because i guessed right about 7 or 8 times and scored on all of them. But facing that the entire game is repetetive and boring regardless of whether or not you guess right.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:26 pm

your right surf, it is a push and pray sort of style and thats how i scored as well cheddah, big plays off the press. more times than not schaub was on his back or throwing duck int's so maybe its a slow release on his part idk. i mean sick explained it well to show me it isn't manipulating the ai or confusing it, the ai does that for itself lol...but its nothing sick does other than pick the play and try to get pressure. not my idea of a fun game either, but i can't knock sick for it.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:28 pm

i agree with cheedah and FF i mean with the blitz ur only going to have time to snap the ball and throw.. but i didnt beat him in my game that way i just got lucky on that game and found a hole running to the side he wasnt blitzing plus on offense he was mainly throwing it up bc his team sucked in that one(no offense toward sick)... but with all his throw up attempts he was trying to throw on revis, cromartie, talib, cox, antrel rolle and kenny phillips.. so wasnt to worried..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

FF AND I LABBED Empty Obviously any scheme has its weakness...

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:58 pm

If he's getting that much pressure that fast, its obviously going to be tougher than normal. However; thats why you've got the hot routes, shotgun and pitch plays.

Most of the time the blitzer comes from the same locations, and usually its user controlled so you can see him move pre-snap. Sure, you'll probably get eaten up for a couple plays, but once you find the weakness, its usually pretty open.

I agree it makes for one helluva boring game, and is absolutely nothing like the real thing.... but, some people do love it.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Fr8train wrote:If he's getting that much pressure that fast, its obviously going to be tougher than normal. However; thats why you've got the hot routes, shotgun and pitch plays.

Most of the time the blitzer comes from the same locations, and usually its user controlled so you can see him move pre-snap. Sure, you'll probably get eaten up for a couple plays, but once you find the weakness, its usually pretty open.

I agree it makes for one helluva boring game, and is absolutely nothing like the real thing.... but, some people do love it.

true, and like sick and others have said and i agree there are plenty of plays to get around it...just a matter of the ai executing good enough. i was pretty unfortunate the 1st time with the two quick turnover scores from schaub, and pretty much abandoned the run which is never a smart thing to do.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:24 pm

I just wish yall believed me and i was able to get into Cheddahs lg and mix it up with the big boys
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:31 pm

believed me earlier that is
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:32 pm

The thing is man ppl see that ur new and if u do anything borderline or different a lot of ppl will have a problem with it. Jus like me ppl didn't like how I played because its fast an and kinda creative. Everyone plays different and if u play super aggressive ppl might label that as freestyle or not sim specially if something works toooooo good.

Idk how u are if u care if ppl like u or not ya kno...if u care then I would mix it up more if not and its up for ppl to stop it then keep doin what u doin...if a blitz works well without moving more than 1 person on defense then its league...regardless if u can't do a 3 step drop

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:36 pm

I move no one. I want everyone to like me, i wanna be a part of this community and actually have a good time chatting on the forums and duking it out on the virtual gridiron!
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Its gonna take ppl time to adjust

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Well said BIGBUDDAH.

There is no doubt you have everything you need to play in Cheddah's league. Those things I am talking about has nothing to do with game play.

I am talking about your active on the post, You play your games, you answer your messages and schedule games.

I have been very fortunate to play all the top players in this league multiple times. But when I play them, at the end of the game I was like damn these boys got game. BUT it was'nt because I did'nt have time to throw or my ball carrier was getting crushed in the back field or I was running for my life on every play. They mix it up and can beat you in 10 different ways. You just never know what is coming next.

You have a great blitz game great, use it to your advantage but learn other ways to improve your game.

At the end of the day and I have said this 100 times. I like to win and that is great, but way more important to me is I play because I enjoy playing and competing. And doing the same thing everydown for a hour just is'nt fun.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Well said VISTA,

U don't wanna be a 1 trick pony..but learning that comes with time

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down