* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

dtigertron will not play Madden online again

+5
BiLlDoZeR_27
Vista3131
Rui_F
falconfansince81
dtigertron
9 posters

Go down

dtigertron will not play Madden online again Empty dtigertron will not play Madden online again

Post by dtigertron Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:56 am

OK, I am done with Madden. I am sorry, but like so many before me, the game has worn my patience out. This is not cause of one or two other gamers. The game is worse then ever. I don't know if it was the patch or what. The old zig zag glitch is there and I am facing it every game now. The ability of the O-Line and D-Line seems to be random, not based on stats. Most stats don't seem to matter. It almost feels as though the game decides the game before hand and you are just a spectator. The players that drop passes when hit are not consistent with stats. I always acquire guys with high catch in traffic and my opponents have guys who catch in middle of 3 of my guys with next to nothing CIT. This game was made by people who like arcade style more then sim, and I have had it. I will not be buying Madden 12 unless everyone sings it's praises. I have been making my own football game sense I learned no upgrades to this years franchise mode (about May). I hope to have at least a demo by next fall to share with y'all. I will have a lot more time to spend on it now. I will continue to play nba2k11 as well. In 2k I feel like I could play better when I loose, not that the other guy exploited the game or the game decided who was going to win.
Yes I know making a video game is a tall order, but I have some education on it and a passion for sports games. And I will listen to offers for help, but I have no finances. I figure if nothing else, you guys can help me play test it. It is no where near ready for that though, I will let you know. This group and another I am in will have first try at it.
dtigertron
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

dtigertron will not play Madden online again Empty Re: dtigertron will not play Madden online again

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:53 pm

feel ya 100% with the scripted arcade madden bs, but when it was made for the grab n go gamer thats pretty much what you get. i been turned off from the game for awhile now but playin with the guys on the site and reading scouting reports/interviews has helped at least make it interesting. i'd def love to get my hands on a demo, dibs on beta tester lol.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

dtigertron will not play Madden online again Empty Re: dtigertron will not play Madden online again

Post by Rui_F Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:58 pm

damn tiger sorry to hear that, you were always a straight up guy and great opponent the few times we have played and guys like you don't come around too often. But I know what you mean about people glitching the system to get their wins and how frustrating it can be. Seems unless you have specific rules against doing stuff, and even if you do, some people are willing to do whatever to win. And in the end what do they really win?

Well if you really do leave good luck with your endeavors and stay in the loop. Thanks bro.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:54 pm

The one thing I will say is Dtigertron I respect your decision, You are straight up, Never complained always available and around. If indeed you do retire you will be missed.

There a ton of other games to play and thats cool. I will write the same thing here I have done on my other posts of this nature. Madden Franchise leagues if you are playing for ANY reason other then having a enjoyable experience then that is too bad. Truth is some people only play Madden to win and that is too bad because the enjoyment is the people you meet that share common interests. Once you have lost that fun factor then you are making the right decision, do something else you find fun.

Not to get crazy weird but I keep track of every game I have played and you my friend were my first ever game in the MG. You put up a unrealistic veiw of what was to come in my future MG games as you were legit respectful and the game we played was great fun and I luckily enough was able to hang on and win 22-20 and after the game you were awsum congratulating me on the win and then went on to write up a very nice piece in Greenerrr league about our game and a scouting report on my game.

I thought this league is incredible well I was to find out that not everyone is as cool as you. Selfishly I want you to stay and play because the group is better with you.

Whetever you decide and your endevor into making a Vid game I wish you the best. Who knows maybe you will hang on to at leaast one league and we will battle again.

Good Luck My Friend

Vista3131

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Good luck dtigertron your a great sport. And dont think that I forgot about that perfect game I threw against you on MLB The Show 09 Smile
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:31 pm

well to reiterate FF's point. i no longer play for the gameplay as well. i just do it for the community. especially with chedda's new league i feel more involved than ever. yeah shit happens that is retarded but hey we all gotta remember at some point, "it's just a game"

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:42 pm

I actually felt like 10 was a pretty decent game. Though not perfect, it eliminated a lot of the exploits and made the defensive AI much smarter than in previous years. Not sure why they took such a step back this year and even more befuddling why they made gameflow, a feature that is not used, likely not even by even the most casual of gamers.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:20 am

Locomotion makes sense on paper, but the implementation and how it affected every single other feature of the game fucked it all up. Too me its one of the things that I think may have killed something even as simple as the zone defense. A wr coming across entering a def players zone is in full sprint, while a guy standing in his zone is just standing there if you time your passes before the defender begins to move it makes the illusion of the def just standing there. The fact is its the locomotion aspect of the game the guy just hasn't started his engine yet. This and the zig zag shit people are doing with the 90+speed hb's and returners has forced the programmers into messing with the AI and trying to lower the reaction time of defenders, but with just like anything else if you don't know what your doing and you try to fix a problem with out actually going after the problem (in this case completely scrapping locomotion and admitting a one year product cycle on a next gen game is almost impossible to implement new features and properly test them.) your solution may just open up a rack load of new problems.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:50 pm

10 was much better, however, people had much harder times scoring on Offense which is why they took a more offensive approach. Last year people bitched about hitstick and the 4-6 zone being too Good and the list goes on, this year they complain about crossing routes and the defensive AI not responding properly. I loved last year a because of the defense. To be perfectly honest, people are going to complain about madden regardless and just so you know, if you play a game long enough you going to notice every little thing that goes wrong with the game. You intern become the games biggest critic because you play it all the time.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Mcnair2wycheck wrote:I actually felt like 10 was a pretty decent game. Though not perfect, it eliminated a lot of the exploits and made the defensive AI much smarter than in previous years. Not sure why they took such a step back this year and even more befuddling why they made gameflow, a feature that is not used, likely not even by even the most casual of gamers.

I like Gameflow. I use it about 40-50% of the time if it's a serious game, almost 100% of the time in a casual game.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down