* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

IS IT SIM TO PASS (or run) 100% OF THE TIME???

+7
saastar
phantomshark
surfnturf90
imthatcrack
Cheddah_Cheez
sickxstick-
GREENERRRR
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IS IT SIM TO PASS (or run) 100% OF THE TIME??? Empty IS IT SIM TO PASS (or run) 100% OF THE TIME???

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:56 am

Simple question - and i would like to HEAR people opinion on this... We are in a SIM lg so i think its fair to see how people feel about this...

btw - i dont wanna here a storey about how u could win throwing the ball all the time - i just want to know who thinks that passing 100% of the time is seen as acceptable behavour in a SIM LG?

and to clear this question up for people - QB SCRAMBLES ARE CONSIDERED RUN PLAYS...

If u say that throwing the ball 100% of the play IS NOT SIM - i would like to get an idea of what the UPPER THRESHOLD % OF PASSING SHOU;LD BE CONSIDERED SIM...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

IS IT SIM TO PASS (or run) 100% OF THE TIME??? Empty Re: IS IT SIM TO PASS (or run) 100% OF THE TIME???

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:01 am

HELL YEAH ITS SIM

THE PURPOSE OF MADDEN IS YOUR THE COACH OF YOUR TEAM.

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!

IF SOMEONE CANT STOP THE RUN, RUN THE BALL.

IF SOMEONE DOESNT WANT TO ADJUST TO A BLITZ, KEEP ON BLITZING.

I SEE YOUR GAMEPLAN IS, YOU'RE GOING TO RUN TIL I MAKE YOU PASS, NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634104157

Back to top Go down

IS IT SIM TO PASS (or run) 100% OF THE TIME??? Empty Re: IS IT SIM TO PASS (or run) 100% OF THE TIME???

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:04 am

I'd say no 100% runs or passes aren't sim. But I've never seen anyone run it EVERY SINGLE PLAY or throw it EVERY SINGLE Play either. I personally don't care what percentage people want to use. Run your plays, I'll try and stop them. As long as what you do isn't a glitch or some wacky confusion of the AI then you can call any play style you like.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:05 am

seeing i am asking people to give there opinion - its only fair that i let mine be known...

i think its totally UNSIM to throw the ball (or run it) 100% of the time - and any pass / run % breakdown that was 90% or higher for the pass side is definitely suspect...

to put that in perspective for you - IN AN ACCEL CLOCK LG WE RUN ABOUT 40 PLAYS (NON ACCEL CLOCK ABOUT 50)...

based on this u would only have to run the ball 4 times a game in an ACCEL CLOCK LG or 5 times in a NON ACCEL CLOCL LG (and of course that included QB scrambles) -

is it really to much to expect SIM PLAYERS TO RUN THE BALL 4 OR 5 TIMES A GAME??? i think my treshold expectation is CONSERVATIVE - but i am interested in hearing what others have to say on the topic...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by imthatcrack Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:08 am

I say it not sim only if ur up on the scoreboard because u want to kill the clock after ur up. But everybody plays offense different and some may not be able to run but are great at passing so its hard to say.

imthatcrack
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:12 am

The only thin i don't see as sim is the same run/pass play over and over and over....
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:13 am

I M SURE WE HAVE SOME stat nuts out there - I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW what the upper NFL record for the most passes and runs in a game were... and what is the typical run/pass ratio currently in the NFL... or what is the highest run to pass rtio a team has had over a season...

My guess would be that the highest pass to run ratio would be a team like the RAMS - the greatest show on turf era team... and the highest run % team would be a black and white era team - probaly the tema with THORPE on it - was he on the BEARS? - jsut my best guess though
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:14 am

sickxstick- wrote:The only thin i don't see as sim is the same run/pass play over and over and over....

well we have a rule against that - rule #1 - repetive play calling...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:16 am

But there is a line you have to draw between the NFL and MADDEN. I think its BS to tell someone "OH, you can only run this much and pass this much." Im pretty balanced on my offensive play calling.

I DONT BELIEVE PEOPLE SHOULD BE TELLING ME HOW TO PLAY!!!

IT SHOULD BE NO GLITCHING, PLAY LIKE YOU SEE IT ON SUNDAYS, PLAY LEGIT AND GOOD LUCK.
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:17 am

GREENERRRR wrote:
sickxstick- wrote:The only thin i don't see as sim is the same run/pass play over and over and over....

well we have a rule against that - rule #1 - repetive play calling...

I know that i was just stating a fact
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:21 am

Um I'm not sure greener, but I know last year Drew brees would throw the ball 35-45 times a game sometimes. Peyton's been known to throw the ball in the 30's as well. Obviously the elite passers are throwing more than your run of the mill QB...but I'd bet the split is somewhere around 62/38. Just a guess though.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 am

sickxstick- wrote:But there is a line you have to draw between the NFL and MADDEN. I think its BS to tell someone "OH, you can only run this much and pass this much." Im pretty balanced on my offensive play calling.

I DONT BELIEVE PEOPLE SHOULD BE TELLING ME HOW TO PLAY!!!

IT SHOULD BE NO GLITCHING, PLAY LIKE YOU SEE IT ON SUNDAYS, PLAY LEGIT AND GOOD LUCK.

if it we were to play like you see it on sundasy - no way 100% pass games are SIM -= i know this never happens...

and SIM play requires some AGREED UPON CODE of how U SHOULD PLAY! thats the whole idea of a SIM LG! - if u dont want any RULES or GUIDLINES dictating how u should play - THAN A FREESTYLE LEAGUE is best for you...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:43 am

What I meant was a guy telling me I can run or pass so much is kinda messed up. Telling me I cant make certain subs is wrong. I enjoy playing in this league but i mean if that was a you need to leave statement i understand.....
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:50 am

Depends on your definition of "SIM" i think. would you see it in the NFL? NO. Do I think we should make a rule preventing it? NO. Ignoring the fact that I would love to be able to run the ball on every snap if I could do it successfully, and therefore don't want this rule passed for personal reasons, I just flat out don't see how you would enforce it successfully.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:54 am

sickxstick- wrote:What I meant was a guy telling me I can run or pass so much is kinda messed up. Telling me I cant make certain subs is wrong. I enjoy playing in this league but i mean if that was a you need to leave statement i understand.....

Nobody ever gets on a guys case if their play mimics "WHAT HAPPENS ON SUNDAY" - only time any1 SHOULD have issue with some1 is if there plAY WAS TOTALLY unrealistic TO "WHAT HAPPENS ON SUNDAYS" - and if you are that type of player and u want to be part of a SIM lg - than U NEED TO BE TOLD (and understand) the LIMITS AND EXTREMES of what is considered to be "WHAT HAPPENS ON SUNDAYS"
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:56 am

surfnturf90 wrote:Depends on your definition of "SIM" i think. would you see it in the NFL? NO. Do I think we should make a rule preventing it? NO. Ignoring the fact that I would love to be able to run the ball on every snap if I could do it successfully, and therefore don't want this rule passed for personal reasons, I just flat out don't see how you would enforce it successfully.

I am confused - U SAY THAT IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN ON SUNDAYS AND IS TOTALLY UNREALISTIC - BUT ITS OK TO DO IN OUR SIM LEAGUES??? Does that make sense????

SUCCESFULLY ENFORCING A pass threshold is the easiest thing ever to do!!!! its simple mathamatics - cut and dry - nothing subjective about it... no need for VIDEO EVIDENCE - the current post game stats reports give us all the info we need... ENFORCEMENT IS A BREEZE!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:13 am

GREENERRRR wrote:
surfnturf90 wrote:Depends on your definition of "SIM" i think. would you see it in the NFL? NO. Do I think we should make a rule preventing it? NO. Ignoring the fact that I would love to be able to run the ball on every snap if I could do it successfully, and therefore don't want this rule passed for personal reasons, I just flat out don't see how you would enforce it successfully.

I am confused - U SAY THAT IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN ON SUNDAYS AND IS TOTALLY UNREALISTIC - BUT ITS OK TO DO IN OUR SIM LEAGUES??? Does that make sense????

SUCCESFULLY ENFORCING A pass threshold is the easiest thing ever to do!!!! its simple mathamatics - cut and dry - nothing sunjective about it... no need for VIDEO EVIDENCE - the current post game stats reports give us all the info we need there... ENFORCEMENTY IS A BREEZE!

My point is that just a simple mathematics equation doesn't tell the whole story. I can think of several situations right now, off the top of my head, that make a rule on this ineffective.

1) I can throw the whole game, then last drive of the game after I have it in the bag, run a couple token HB dives just to get my %'s to fit. Now I don't get punished, but I still passed for every significant snap of the game. (Could just as easily reverse this and make it "ran the entire game, then threw a couple WR drags on the last drive)

2) It's late in the 4th quarter, I'm winning by 4, my opponent has the ball on my 9 yard line with a 1st down. I notice they have 0 runs, so I pause and send them a message saying "I'm going to kill the clock on my next drive regardless of the score, if you don't run now you are going to get booted/punished". Now they have to choose between running with 11 men in the box and losing the game, or throwing and scoring, but lose draft picks or get kicked out of the league afterwards. (Obviously this is a very specific situation, but the same general reasoning applies to a wider range of situations. Basically, I could use this rule to dictate my opponents playcalling at a crucial time of the game)

3) You say that QB scrambles count as runs with regards to this rule, I personally feel like somebody who only throws and scrambles is less SIM than somebody who only throws, but that's just my opinion.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:43 am

Mumbai did it to me our last game. 100% run, not a single pass attempt. When I bitched that it's no fun to play against a guy like that, people told me to just stop him. (It's not like he had tremendous success, I think offensively he scored 3 FGs.) My answer is no, it's not. Look at the Jets, they passed 100 times fewer than any other team, but they never had a game in the single digits in pass attempts.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:46 am

yeah phantom that is what most people are going to say when u say something about him doing the same thing over and over.. he use to throw to te's every single down no matter what.. no attempts to any other wr on his team and have maybe single digit attempts running the ball.. but it dont matter they are just going to tell u to stop him and quit bitching...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:26 am

doing anything 100% of the time isnt sim but at the same time if thats your style to run alot then run and its up to me as a player to make u get out of the run and make u pass the ball which probably is usually their weakness. if ur playing a passer their is only 1 thing that will make them not wanna pass and thats INT's. blitzing passers is risky but is also a great alternative.

this is suppose to simulate what we see on sundays so 100% passing isnt realistic gameplay. if passing alot is your style like the patriots had/have then thats what you do. sprinkling in a couple draws or actual running plays isnt going to hurt you. running the ball is ball control offense..(using the accel clock glitch is bull but ppl still do it)..but even teams who run the ball alot like the jags and titans still have an offense and they still throw the ball whether it be off playaction or passes out of I-form.

personally, i say if i run the ball 10x then i feel good about my offense. i love to pass but u need that balance of a run game. when i am having good success running i tend to run more of course. if i am up in a game i run more of course. if the ame is tight i tend to throw the ball more because of the pressure of needing a score.

like i said before doing anything in a sim league 100% of the time is not realistic

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:00 pm

not sure how guys can sit here and say that its OK to passs or run EXCLUSIVELY in a SIM game is ok... IT DOESNT HAPPEN ON SUNDAYS and shouldnt happen in a SIM lg - even if a player makes A TOKEN EFFORT TO RUN OR PASS GRATUITOUSLY!!!!! at least its an effort!!!! to just throw or pass 100% of the time is just ANSURDITY in spits in the face of what SIM play is all about..

btw - total COPT OUT how guys try TO HAVE THINGS BOTH WAYS BY FENCE SITTING WHEN THEY SAY "its definitely not SIM but...." - its either is or it isnt - make a stand and let your opinion be known - STOP BEING WISHY WASHY about your opinions and let people know where u stand - U EITHER THINK ITS LEGIT TO PASS/RUN 100% OF THE TIME OR U DONT!!!! (there is no in between)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:40 pm

This was Easy to find New Orleans Saints

2010 Offensive Plays 1,067
Rushing 380 36%
Passing 686 64%
2009 Offensive Plays 1,032
Rushing 468 45%
Passing 566 55%

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Greatest Show on turf St. Louis Rams

Total Plays 1,024
Rushing 343 33%
Passing 635 67%

Even the Rams ran it one out of three times.

Here is a link check out every team for the last 30 years!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/neworleanssaints/statistics?team=NO

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:55 pm

I run the ball as much as anyone but in a 35 plays on offense I will at least throw 7 or more times. That means I throw NO LESS then 20% of the time for you math challenged individuals. But I have keeped Stats for Every team I have played For instance in the

XML league I am the Jets I played user all 16 of my games

Total Plays Run 590
Rushing 357 61%
Passing 231 39%

Deathwish League 16 User Games did not miss one

Total Plays Run 598
Rushing 294 49%
Passing 304 51%

And Everyone thinks all I do is run the ball.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:26 pm

The 1991 Houston Oilers threw more than that Ram team.... 667 passing attempts and 331 rushing.... STILL 67%.. However, i do remember the Raiders back in 2002 beating the Steelers when Rich Gannon threw it 41 times in the first half and 30 of the first 32 plays and 70 of the 87 plays for the game... STILL not every play!
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next