* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

is DL in "contain" really a pass rusher?

Go down

is DL in "contain" really a pass rusher? Empty is DL in "contain" really a pass rusher?

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:33 am

I have looked at a bunch of SIM complaints recently... and althiough nobody broke the "official" rules here - maybe a change in the rule is warranted to keep the essense of SIM game in tact...

DL in contain dont FULLY attack the QB in a complete pass rush... they take an OUTSIDE - IN angle of pursuit to the qb (to assure nothn gets outside of them - hence the term "contain") they sit in the shallow flats if u dont leave the pocket... which makes them in a sense "in coverage"...

as it stands right now - you are required to pass rush a minimum of 2 players... (fyi spy doesnt ount as a pass rusher)... So what i am seeing guys do is that they go into a quarter or dollar defense (with two DE and a DT)... - have their 2 DE in "contain" than drop their DT to hook zone or spy... now currently this is not illegal because you have the 2 DE pass rushing via contain (which the level they actually pass rush is minimimal - if the QB stays in pocket...) - bottom line, under current rules this situation creates as close to a "f@g" defense as you can get and still be within the curret rules...

I dont think this sort of defense is in line with SIM play - we need at least 2 players ACTIVELY and AGRESSIVLEY attacking the qb FROM A TRADITIONAL PASS RUSH...

lets hear your thoughts so we can get thius sorted out ASAP....

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

is DL in "contain" really a pass rusher? Empty Re: is DL in "contain" really a pass rusher?

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:37 am

my thoughts on a possible solution is to have any DL that are given a "contain" pass rush responsibility only count as a HALF of a player pass rushing... that way if you have 2 of DE in "contain" you must rush your DT traditionally to be within the rules - this would move us away from that "ugly defenses"...

what u think of the rule change?

"DL in contain only count as a half of a pass rusher"

i think this is a fair way of lookn at it... afterall the contain guys arent totally in a pass rush mode and their not totally in a coverage mode - its kind of half and half - so in that regard the rule is perfect...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down