* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games.

+5
surfnturf90
Vista3131
sickxstick-
GREENERRRR
Fr8trainShane
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games.

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:01 pm

I renamed the Thread for GREENERRRR, but that doesn't address the issue of WHY you offered my a game with Injuries turned off against YOU.

Do you not see how little of a jump it is to say, "He offered it to me when he played me...I see he did it when he played duq"... to "He must do this more often then I know for his advantage".

Maybe you didn't do it only for when teams played you. Maybe you did it more often for others...that doesn't make it right.

But, the simple undeniable fact, that you offered ME (the one who make the thread) a game with Injury turned off....with ABSOLUTELY (caps for you) no cause... I wasn't Simming, you were playing the game...and you even mentioned "so we don't have to risk any injury".....

Thats an abuse. And I would expect anyone to bring it up if they saw the same thing.

It doesn't matter to me that its you. Hell, it could have been someone else. This isn't about attacking you as a person.

If you offered it to me, then you most likely offered it to others. Thats what I'm saying.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games.

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Vista3131 wrote:Surf, I am going to respectfully disagree with you here.

Hey no problem man, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just felt like sticking up for Greener for once, people are being pretty harsh on him lately. and for the record, I do not agree with how this situation was handled. putting greener on blast without even talking to him about it first is pretty lame in my opinion, you (Shane, not vista) should have at least tried to hear his side of it first.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 pm

WOW - just because there no rule for restarting CPU games doesnt make it right and if any1 does this to skirt an injury its BS - and i know for a fact that people do - thaen just say there "PS3 froze"

Look, thats a contradiction to everything you are arguing about. How is it BS that they have to deal with an injury to a CPU game, but not BS that you turn off the injuries so people don't have to deal with them?

I'm not trying to make you a villian so stop playing that card. I'm looking for a reasonable answer. You offered that it was a courtesy extended. I can accept that.. I don't think its right, and hope we don't see it anymore... but if thats what it was, then so be it. But even that answer doesn't answer why you offered it to me, thats the real problem. I at least turned you down because it wasn't SIM, but how many others didn't?

Btw, I'm also assuming we won't have to have this discussion again, because GC will convene and vote to always keep Injuries turned on. (Surf being at least on dissenting voice, which I can respect).

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:09 pm

by surfnturf90 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:02 pm
I do not agree with how this situation was handled. putting greener on blast without even talking to him about it first is pretty lame in my opinion, you (Shane, not
vista) should have at least tried to hear his side of it first.

I can agree perhaps it should have been handled in better fashion. However, even after hearing Greenerrrr's side, I think I probably would have still made a thread to get a community opinion, since I still feel it never should have happened. (not just the duq game, but the fact he offered the same to me for no reason whatsoever....thats a trend imo)

EDIT: And I agree, people have been piling on GREENERRRR a lot lately.... which I disagree with. However, because of that you'd also think he would be super careful given his position. I like GREENERRRR, it was a pleasure and fun to play him when we played. But when I see actions that should be questioned, I guess I felt the need to post.

Last edited by Fr8trainShane on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:10 pm

There seems to be alot of stuff getting blown out of proportion here lately and this is another issue. Greenerrrr was just trying to accomodate Duq a little bit. Lets just let it go and play some damn ball....
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 pm

u joined the LG on a winless team - (THAT FRANKLY BEEN TRYN TO GET SOME1 TO COMMIT TO PLAYN WITH SINCE THE FANTASY DRAFT...) - the team was winless -= no chance to make the playoffs- and i asked you IF U WANTED TO TURN OUR GAME INTO A LAB SESSION (instead of a game where frankly 80% OF THE GUYS IN THE mg WOULD TRY TO LOSE ANYWAYS BECAUSE A WIN WOULD JUST GIVE THEM A WORSE DRAFT PIC) - i would rather play a LAB SESSION than play a guy who was gonna tank a game! and if we were going to do a LAB SESSION i thought it would be appropriate to turn off the injuries -

U WANTED TO PLAY AN AUTHENTIC GAME - and to your credit u played hard and i won (or at least i think u tried your bnest - but u never can tell sometimes),,,

i wasnt seeking an advantage for myself - I AM 1 OF THE ONLY GUYS IN THE MG WHO HAS SEVER INJURIES TO TOP END PLAYERS THAT WERE MORE THAN 5 WEEKS LONG (I HAVE LOST BEASON (twice) and DUMERVIL FOR 9 WEEKS OR LONGER IN DIFFERENT LGS in cpu games!!!!)

everywhere i turn its a load a crap in the MG - so sick of this - i need a break....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:22 pm

u joined the LG on a winless team - (THAT FRANKLY BEEN TRYN TO GET SOME1 TO COMMIT TO PLAYN WITH SINCE THE FANTASY DRAFT...) - the team was winless -= no chance to make the playoffs- and i asked you IF U WANTED TO TURN OUR GAME INTO A LAB SESSION (instead of a game where frankly 80% OF THE GUYS IN THE mg WOULD TRY TO LOSE ANYWAYS BECAUSE A WIN WOULD JUST GIVE THEM A WORSE DRAFT PIC) - i would rather play a LAB SESSION than play a guy who was gonna tank a game! and if we were going to do a LAB SESSION i thought it would be appropriate to turn off the injuries -

U WANTED TO PLAY AN AUTHENTIC GAME - and to your credit u played hard and i won (or at least i think u tried your bnest - but u never can tell sometimes),,,

i wasnt seeking an advantage for myself - I AM 1 OF THE ONLY GUYS IN THE MG WHO HAS SEVER INJURIES TO TOP END PLAYERS THAT WERE MORE THAN 5 WEEKS LONG (I HAVE LOST BEASON (twice) and DUMERVIL FOR 9 WEEKS OR LONGER IN DIFFERENT LGS in cpu games!!!!)

everywhere i turn its a load a crap in the MG - so sick of this - i need a break....

All of that is true. And it was a lot closer than I thought it would be (7 pt differential). But I'm here to play SIM. Like I said, if the team sucks, then half the fun is the challenge of turning things around and making them a competitor week in and week out.

I think you might need to not take everything so personal.... Like I said early, I have nothing against you... I noticed something, and I inquired (albeit the wrong way) as to why it was happening. Even changed the thread name.... I'm not one of the people piling on for BS reasons, I felt this was a legitimate concern.

You answered, which I've already said was fine.... As far as I'm concerned, case closed. Although I will propose a rule change to have injuries always on.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
by surfnturf90 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:02 pm
I do not agree with how this situation was handled. putting greener on blast without even talking to him about it first is pretty lame in my opinion, you (Shane, not
vista) should have at least tried to hear his side of it first.

I can agree perhaps it should have been handled in better fashion. However, even after hearing Greenerrrr's side, I think I probably would have still made a thread to get a community opinion, since I still feel it never should have happened. (not just the duq game, but the fact he offered the same to me for no reason whatsoever....thats a trend imo)

EDIT: And I agree, people have been piling on GREENERRRR a lot lately.... which I disagree with. However, because of that you'd also think he would be super careful given his position. I like GREENERRRR, it was a pleasure and fun to play him when we played. But when I see actions that should be questioned, I guess I felt the need to post.

I can respect all of that man

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by duqsidebooger Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:23 am

playing sim and being sim is a completely diffrerent argument than the one being made here.

simple FACT playing against somebody to rate of injury is VERY LOW. a few people out 2 plays the occasinal out for game and the VERY RARE longer than 1-4 games.

during a supersim game you get alot of injury's mostly to key players

so YES its a LITTLE advantage to have injurys off during a supersim game but its really a HUGE DISadvantage to have injuries turned on during a supersim game.

to your it takes just as long to play the cpu as it does a human. i agree but don't nobody wanna sit there and play the cpu period mainly when in almost all our cases there is some1 else living with us wanting the tv in our ear telling us to get off the tv. its 1 thing to hear the nagging when your playing a meaningful game but another when yur playing the cpu.

no matter what way you see things GREEN is NOT taking any kind of advantage of anything and even if he was he fucking derserves too. excuse my language. i cant believe yall drove him to take a break over an injury

to give an example of the rate of injury. i played 11 games this season and only have had 2 injurys 1 was 4 weeks the other was 9. so say a 20 percent chance of having a player hurt in a played game. EVERY supersim game i have played AT LEAST 1 players gets hurt for over 5 weeks and its ussally 2 or 3 so the unoffical rate is 20 percent to 100 percent.

idk what else to say forreal. i didnt gain any advantage because i was already subbing in backups in a formation a dont use to finish the game and when i play the cpu i play with back ups the whole game. and the chance of gettin an injury in 1 more quarter of play b4 conciededing is also very low. i dont really see any advantage honestly but i know how u cant tell some people nothing kayne west it if u feel like it

duqsidebooger

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:53 am

playing sim and being sim is a completely diffrerent argument than the one being made here.
I completely disagree. Not that it matters, this issue has already been discussed, and resolved as far as I'm concerned.

simple FACT playing against somebody to rate of injury is VERY LOW. a few people out 2 plays the occasinal out for game and the VERY RARE longer than 1-4 games.
Simple Fact, playing with the Injuries turned off has a ZERO injury rate Smile Zero Rate does not equal LOW or VERY LOW rate.

so YES its a LITTLE advantage to have injurys off during a supersim game but its really a HUGE DISadvantage to have injuries turned on during a supersim game.
I get your point, but playing SuperSIM is a choice, compared to playing a CPU game. And I also realize playing the CPU is not the most enjoyable way to play the game, but it is what it is. The only other choice would be to just completely sim the game, and risk a possible loss. In my opinion, playing a CPU game shouldn't equal an automatic win, you should still have to earn it....with the Injury Risk. Maybe I'm in the minority with this opinion.

no matter what way you see things GREEN is NOT taking any kind of advantage of anything and even if he was he fucking derserves too. excuse my language. i cant believe yall drove him to take a break over an injury
a) Noone deserves to take advantage of anything, if someone does then everything that I see this group standing for starts to crumble.
b) GREENERRRR is a grown man, I'm sure he can handle himself. He's had a lot of shit thrown at him lately. I'm not against GREENERRRR at all. I think his heart was in the right place, but his actions were wrong in my opinion.

EVERY supersim game i have played AT LEAST 1 players gets hurt for over 5 weeks and its ussally 2 or 3 so the unoffical rate is 20 percent to 100 percent.
I would think you would learn then not to SuperSIM?

i dont really see any advantage honestly but i know how u cant tell some people nothing kayne west it if u feel like it
Its an injury risk advantage, that probably amounted to nothing, but it also could have saved either team a huge injury.... which is a risk you 2 just didn't have to face. As far as Kanye anything, he's a bitch, and I've told him that to his face. He's only the 2nd artist I've ever interviewed (former Radio DJ for 10 years) that I've ever called a punk ass. The first was Tupac... but these are stories for another time.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:53 am

btw, I think this has been settled....

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:59 am

Dear god I hope so I am about tired of seein stuff like this
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by duqsidebooger Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 am

lmao

duqsidebooger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum