* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games.

+5
surfnturf90
Vista3131
sickxstick-
GREENERRRR
Fr8trainShane
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. Empty Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games.

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:49 pm

EDIT: CLARIFICATION.... I'm not saying ALL Commissioners here.... Just pointing out one. My apologies if anyone else was offended. It was not implied.

I posted this screen shot in Greenerrrs lg... I thought I'd post it here as well, as it'll get more notice.

I grabbed this screen shot within 20 minutes of Greenerrrr & duqsidebooger changing themselves with commissioner status. They also play each other this week (most likely as I was taking this screen shot)

So, what is SIM about turning off the injuries for your game? at all?

Why give yourselves a competitive advantage when the rest of us have to deal with injuries? And you can't deny it, as you offered this option to me when we played in your league (I declined because it wasn't SIM, and reminded you then).

Greenerrr, for someone who POSTS ALL ABOUT SIM, and goes CRAZY WITH THE CAPS LOCK.... I'm disappointed.

There is no answer for this. Its not playing SIM, its a clear misuse of Commissioner power, if it was anyone else, they'd be banned for it.

GREENERRRR promoted to Commissioner
Members Update 1/4/2011, 3:58pm
GREENERRRR has left the franchise
Members Update 1/4/2011, 3:51pm
duqsidebooger promoted to Commissioner
Members Update 1/4/2011, 3:51pm

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. Greenr

Last edited by Fr8trainShane on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. Empty btw, see that window over there?

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Your credibility just fell out of it.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. Empty Re: Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games.

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:55 pm

you got to get a grip FR8TRAIN... there is nothing UNDERHANDED GOIMNG ON HERE!!!!

I had to play duqsidebooger... - i had an injury at QB - and had no chance to beat hiom - and frankly was too busy to play him - i offered to sit through the game with him - where the outcome was a certainlty (we played an entire quyarter) - OR he could supersim the game vs the CPU...

he chose to play the CPU ( SO I PROMOTED HIM TO COMMISH AND LEFT THE lg - AND WHEN HE WAS DONE SUPERSIMMING - HE REINVITED ME AND PROMOTED ME BACK)- its was his decision TO play the CPU - i would have sit through a game and wasted anoyther 45 minutes - but iyt didnt seem to make any sense...

- if any1 knows anything about this game - THEY WOULD KNOW SUPER SIMING A GAME CAUSE INJURIES TOTALLY UNREALISTICALLY - so i also told him if he was gionna SUPER SIM - HE COULD TURN OFF THE INJURIES - he chose to do so///

i also have mnade this option available to any1 else who was going to SUPER SIM THROUGH A GAME (clearly u shoulkd know this - because i apprarenetly offered the same option to you - I DONT PLAY FAVORITIES!) - so if u wanna bag on peopele for thIS - U ARE GINNA HAVE TO BAG ON THOSE PEOPLE WHO TOOK THIS OPTION and that would be probaly 12-15 differet people (and of that 15 more than1 of them is a commish in the MG)... BTW I HAVE NEVER GIVEN THIS PERSONAL ADVANATGE TO MYSEWLF IN ANY CPU GAME I HAVE HAD - just because of possible aquisations like this - BUT GIVING IIT TO SOME1 ELSE - how is that an advantage to me????

BTW YOUR POST IS SAYING I GAVE MYSELF AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE - pls explain how i did this???? THE GAME WAS NOT IN DOUBT - HE GOT THE WIN 100% - WHAT ADVANTAGE COULD I POSSIBLY TRYN TO GET IF I WAS GIVING HIM THE WIN!!!! - MAKES ZERO SENSE...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. Empty Re: Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games.

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. Sign20sweep20under20rug
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634104157

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Well I was out of town you booted me and let the guy play and i ended up having like 4 people out 1st week of the season. Why wasnt injuries turned off?
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634104157

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:02 pm

sickxstick- wrote:Well I was out of town you booted me and let the guy play and i ended up having like 4 people out 1st week of the season. Why wasnt injuries turned off?

i gave this option to playersd THAT SELFESSLY ALLOW CPU GAMES (not to players that are out of town - dont tell any1 - so they dont get booted til 32 hour mark or later - possibly gettn a CPU game) - but if u SELFLESSLY GIVE UP A cpu GAME - AND ASKED ME TO TURN OFF INJUROES BECAUSE SOME1 IS SUPER SIMING the game - I WOULD DO SO AND THATS A FAIR AND REASONABLE REQUEST...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. Empty Turning off the Injuries is a HUGE Competitive Advantage....

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:04 pm

I don't care if you play in person, SuperSIM, or play the CPU.... Turning off Injuries in ANY game gives your team an advantage.
What if you lost a player for a couple weeks, a season, a career ending..... Well you don't even risk it if the Injuries are turned off. And thats the point.

So not only did your opponent get an advantage, but your team did as well..... Everyone else has to face injury every game. Most of the time they are small injuries, but there is also the chance of a major injury. So while other teams have to play 16 games facing that risk, everytime you turn off the injuries, 2 teams get 1/16th of an advantage...and thats not SIM.

As someone who preaches, "If it doesn't happen on Sunday's, it shouldn't happen here"....I am curious on to when the last time the NFL turned off their injuries Smile

And for the record, you offered it to me in a game we played together (mic'd up remember).

Look, Don't get all huffy because I'm calling you out on something I think is unrepresentative of your own views. You should expect this of the owners.

What amazes me, is that there were like 40 views, and noone choose to respond. Is everyone in fear? or did I present a smoking gun about something everyone else already knew? Am I out of line because I'm new? I'm just took for clarification and answers.

If you can objectively explain it to me, I'm all ears. And for the love of God, lay off the Caps lock.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:14 pm

LOOK - i am not tryn to get an advantage to myself - ONLY THING I tried to do by offering to turn off injuries is accomodate people who have given up CPU GAMES GENEROUSLY when they werent obligated too...

there probably was that m,any views and no responses because they were [probably people who i gave this COURTESY TO IN THE PAST,,,,

if u are making a big deal about thIS - i will stop GIVING SUCH COURTESY - but stop sayimng BS that i am doing ity for an advantage TO MYSELF - because that was the fathest form the truth...

btw - nobody likes playn CPU games - but sometimes they are necessary - IN A NON ACCEL CLOCK LG - supersim is a must for CPU games - IF INJURIES OCCURRED AT THE SAME BREADTHE AS THEY DO IN STANDARD GAMES AS THEY DO WHEN U SUPERSIM - than ypour argumenet would carry some merrit - BUT THEY DONT...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:19 pm

time for all you guys who have asked for this courtesyt to speak up - DONT HANG ME OUT TO DRY for tryn to accomodate you... I know this may go against the HATE ON GREENERRRR club motto but the TRUTH IS THE TRUTH....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 pm

NEVER should the Injuries be turned to off EVER PERIOD. Very Easy problem solved! Greenerr was trying to be the nice guy but what he does not see is it a absolute disadvantage to anyone who had to play with the potential for injuries.

Injuries are more prevolent to Super Simmed games well that is the risk you take. If you don't want that risk then play the computer.

Which then leads to multiple starts in Computer games. It just never ends.

It would be fair if everyone played by the exact same set of rules. I said all along one computer start PERIOD. If it DC's or you get a guy hurt and want to quit or maybe your losing then quit the game and take the chance with the Sim.

People cried bloody murder when I proposed this. We have a solid 70 members in this group. The only thing that will ever be agreed upon is that we will never all agree with anything.

We have people that are complaining because there is no rules about something, Then we have people complaining because we want more rules.
Good Grief!

Last edited by Vista3131 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 pm

btw - just had a CPU game in surfs lg last nite - HAD ANOTHER INJURY AT SS - going to have to play with a SS form Free agency - BUT I ONLY HAD 1 START IN MY CPU GAME - i see guys restarting CPU games ALL THE TIME - and i am certain that is to skirt injuries - U WANNA BAG ON SOMETHING THAT IS BS - why dont u start there...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Unfair Advantage - Turning Injuries off during Games. Empty Then perhaps...

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 pm

You either play the CPU, or take your own chances with the SuperSIM.

Playing the computer takes less time than it would to play another person in the league, so there is no added inconvenience. Maybe its not as fun, what fun is SuperSIM?

Personally, I don't think there should be any injury courtesy extended, either they play a full CPU game, or they take the risks with the SuperSIM. What if 4 other teams had played their games at the same time? Its not like you can turn the injuries off for just that game.

Not to mention, you said yourself you sat thru a quarter. Whats SIM about sitting thru a quarter and then restarting it? If you didn't have time you never should have started the game, and offered the CPU game to begin with.

My argument carries a ton of merit. Your rebuttal is actually pretty weak (caps lock and all). However, if you want to say it was a courtesy done because of the situation, I can accept that... but I don't see how its SIM, in any way, shape, or form to magically turn off injuries. Its something NFL players face everyweek, therefore it should be something everyone else faces every week.

Aren't you the strongest advocate for the integrity of the game?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Vista3131 wrote:NEVER should the Injuries be turned to off EVER PERIOD. Very Easy problem solved!

my fault for tryn to be accomodaTING to players that generously GIVE UP cpu GAMES WHEN THEY DONT HAVE TOO... BUT NEVER DONE FOR MY OWN ADVANTAGE - what a crock a shit this thread is ....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:25 pm

GREENERRRR said:
i see guys restarting CPU games ALL THE TIME

I'll happily jump on that bandwagon.... I think is BS. I would suggest that any more than 1 restart results in a suspension of the 3rd highest rated starting player on their team for 3 weeks (simulate a medium injury). Not the top guy, but one thats up there.

But thats another issue all together, that we can discuss in another thread..... no deflection here.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm

IVE UP cpu GAMES WHEN THEY DONT HAVE TOO..

2 Things

1) If they played a live person, the game takes the same time as a CPU game, so time shouldn't be a factor.
2) Don't you have the option of just SIMMING the entire game for both players?

I'd say either they take the CPU game, or they risk the outcome of the SIM game.

Just one man's opinion. But i think thats a lot more SIM than turning off injuries.

Thanks for chiming in Vista.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:29 pm

NONE OF THIS IS DONE FOR MY ADVANTAGE - maybe it was a bad decision to offer thsi courtesy BUT I DIDNT DO IT TO GIVE MYSELF AN ADVANTAGE and it wasnt done wih the intent of SCREWING ANY1 - actually the oppisite - totally irresponsible to make a thread with this title when its clearly the FARTHEST THING FROM THE TRUTH!

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:30 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
Vista3131 wrote:NEVER should the Injuries be turned to off EVER PERIOD. Very Easy problem solved!

my fault for tryn to be accomodaTING to players that generously GIVE UP cpu GAMES WHEN THEY DONT HAVE TOO... BUT NEVER DONE FOR MY OWN ADVANTAGE - what a crock a shit this thread is ....

I'm on Greener's side on this one, he was just trying to be fair to duq.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 pm

How is it fair to the other 30 teams that had to face injury that week though? Thats what I'm getting at.
The fact that it was against his own team, is where he probably should have recognized the more intense scrutiny....but even then.

Duq not risking injury is fair to the other teams how?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:40 pm

I may be beating a dead horse on this.... and If I'm expressing a minority opinion....then thats fine, and I'll stand corrected.

But Greenerrr, if you extend it as a courtesy only. Why did you extend it to me when we played? I wasn't SuperSIMing.... We both played live, and you made no mention of not playing the entire game.....so why extend it? I certainly didn't inquire (Hell I didn't know you could turn them off for just a game).

Given that, how can you not expect the mere appearance of guilt? I know first hand that you offered it without any of the situations you say you "extend the courtesy" for. If you offered it to me, out of the blue and for no reason.....wouldn't it be reasonable to think you offer this to others for the no reason? I certainly do. And keep in mind....you aren't offering it just to me....but to your team as well, since you played me, just as you played duq here.

Am I bonkers for asking?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:

How is it fair to the other 30 teams that had to face injury that week though? Thats what I'm getting at.
The fact that it was against his own team, is where he probably should have recognized the more intense scrutiny....but even then.

Duq not risking injury is fair to the other teams how?

I just personally feel like duq was being very accommodating by letting greener quit in the 1st qrt and agreeing to replay against the cpu/supersim, i don't think its that big of a deal that he didn't have to risk any injuries while doing this. The alternative is that if injuries weren't going to be turned off, duq has a huge incentive to be a dbag and not allow greener to concede, forcing him to a continue playing a game he doesn't want to play for whatever reason. The whole point of this group is to be a community, duq was being a good guy, and greener didn't want to punish him for that.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:43 pm

I can't believe I've never seen this thread until now. I don't get how some guys get injuries turned off for their CPU games at all. The REWARD aspect of getting a CPU game is a free win. That should be it. Just because some guys are restarting games doesn't mean other guys should get injuries turned off. I've had tons of injuries from player,cpu, and supersim games. There's no rule against restarting, so if guys are gonna do that then we need to vote on it, and if it passes then there won't be restarting. However, turning injuries off is completely unacceptable. Why should I be penalized with injuries for scheduling all my games and playing them when a guy who doesn't get the benefit of no injuries. How does that make any kind of sense?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:45 pm

u are looking for a villian here - i am not that guy - sorry to disappoint - but i am not tryn to give any1 an UNFAIR Advantage... dude u could have handled this 100 different ways - BUT MAKING A THREAD WITH THIS TITLE IS AN ABSOLUTE LOAD OF SHIT....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:I can't believe I've never seen this thread until now. I don't get how some guys get injuries turned off for their CPU games at all. The REWARD aspect of getting a CPU game is a free win. That should be it. Just because some guys are restarting games doesn't mean other guys should get injuries turned off. I've had tons of injuries from player,cpu, and supersim games. There's no rule against restarting, so if guys are gonna do that then we need to vote on it, and if it passes then there won't be restarting. However, turning injuries off is completely unacceptable. Why should I be penalized with injuries for scheduling all my games and playing them when a guy who doesn't get the benefit of no injuries. How does that make any kind of sense?

WOW - just because there no rule for restarting CPU games doesnt make it right and if any1 does this to skirt an injury its BS - and i know for a fact that people do - thaen just say there "PS3 froze"
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Surf, I am going to respectfully disagree with you here.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by T-MAN-13-RHP Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 pm

guys just chill, you all have valid arguements.. but nobody is gunna win this. so just quit while youre ahead
T-MAN-13-RHP
T-MAN-13-RHP
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next