* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Holy Sh!t Trades!!!

+5
falconfansince81
Cheddah_Cheez
surfnturf90
phantomshark
Deathwish22
9 posters

Go down

Holy Sh!t Trades!!! Empty Holy Sh!t Trades!!!

Post by Deathwish22 Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm

You guys went nuts!!! Hell yeah!!! I believe this is the most amount of trades we've ever had in a single season.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Holy Sh!t Trades!!! Empty Re: Holy Sh!t Trades!!!

Post by phantomshark Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm

I think due to the # of trades, no one will have a problem if you need to pause the draft a few times to make sure the trades go right. I'm sure I speak for most that I'd rather spend an extra half-hour to an hour than have a trade get screwed up, then that screws up another trade, etc.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:56 pm

phantomshark wrote:I think due to the # of trades, no one will have a problem if you need to pause the draft a few times to make sure the trades go right. I'm sure I speak for most that I'd rather spend an extra half-hour to an hour than have a trade get screwed up, then that screws up another trade, etc.

+1

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:12 pm

I suppose I won't get as angry this time if there's a few extra pauses...but I think guys need to learn how to realize a pick they have is coming up, and send a text with a prioritized list of about 8 guys they want. and as players are drafted, update the list. It's really not rocket science.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:I suppose I won't get as angry this time if there's a few extra pauses...but I think guys need to learn how to realize a pick they have is coming up, and send a text with a prioritized list of about 8 guys they want. and as players are drafted, update the list. It's really not rocket science.

i know huff and dominator got my list of top 20 guys i want, so all they really have to do is put em on their draft board you won't need to pause for me since they will both not be on for the draft.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:18 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:
Cheddah_Cheez wrote:I suppose I won't get as angry this time if there's a few extra pauses...but I think guys need to learn how to realize a pick they have is coming up, and send a text with a prioritized list of about 8 guys they want. and as players are drafted, update the list. It's really not rocket science.

i know huff and dominator got my list of top 20 guys i want, so all they really have to do is put em on their draft board you won't need to pause for me since they will both not be on for the draft.

Except for the fact that the draft board does not work for rookie drafts. The CPU decides what position you 'need' then takes your highest rated at that position. Just had a draft where the person with the #1 pick had a draft board, and it picked him a LT who was not even in their top 20, lol.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Just out of curiosity, anyone still have their own first round pick? lol

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:20 pm

phantomshark wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:

Except for the fact that the draft board does not work for rookie drafts. The CPU decides what position you 'need' then takes your highest rated at that position. Just had a draft where the person with the #1 pick had a draft board, and it picked him a LT who was not even in their top 20, lol.

u sure about that?

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Anyone goy Mayhem's cell number? Don't think it's on the contact page yet. He's got my first rounder, wanna make sure I get up with him before. Deathwish, if you wouldn't mind pausing for my first rounder, I think it's 25, that would be awesome.

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:24 pm

surfnturf90 wrote:
phantomshark wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:

u sure about that?

Well, he was sure as hell raising a big stink about it the next day, and several veterans said the draft board does not work right for rookie drafts, only fantasy drafts, because you have no players yet and so you 'need' every position.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:28 pm

phantomshark wrote:
surfnturf90 wrote:
phantomshark wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:

u sure about that?

Hmm, I'm not willing to test this myself ha, I hope it's not true though

Well, he was sure as hell raising a big stink about it the next day, and several veterans said the draft board does not work right for rookie drafts, only fantasy drafts, because you have no players yet and so you 'need' every position.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:54 pm

yep boards dont seem to work, set one up for ez league and it drafted the 20th guy on my list instead of the 12 still available
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:31 pm

erbody made a trade except me

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Rui_F wrote:yep boards dont seem to work, set one up for ez league and it drafted the 20th guy on my list instead of the 12 still available

that's really dumb. I wonder if it would work if you dropped everybody from your team before the draft, that way you "need" every position

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Possible, though you can't drop below the min

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:39 pm

I think phantom is right...last draft shlarman set his board for me and it drafted like a C, Lt, LT with his first 3 picks
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:44 pm

What's funny as hell is I've traded like 8 different first rd picks
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:18 am

I thought the draft last night went extremely smooth...anyone else agree?
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 am

yeah i actually liked the pauses it gave me time to get me shit straight, everything seemed to move pretty good.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Yeah, I was honestly expecting a 2 hr debaucle, but we got it done in like 45min. Amazing!
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by G-Villa809 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Yes by far the fasted controlled draft i have been a part of.I have been in some that where faster but out of control great job DW.

G-Villa809
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:23 pm

speed isn't everything you gotta look at acc and .. oh wrong topic, but seriously i think even with all the trades it went great and mostly because guys planned it out real well.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:42 pm

yeah the draft went great, the pauses were completely fine with me. I'd much rather have a longer draft and make sure all the traded picks get done right, than fly through a draft and have people get screwed out of their picks.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:46 pm

When you are dealing with owners this experienced, they know who they want and they pick fast, leaving more time for the pauses when they are needed. I was very impressed with how DW controlled the pace of the draft, and it went remarkably smoothly, thanks DW.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down