* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Immediate Turn Around: Phins now at 2-0 under new regime...

+2
surfnturf90
BlaineTheMono19
6 posters

Go down

Immediate Turn Around: Phins now at 2-0 under new regime... Empty Immediate Turn Around: Phins now at 2-0 under new regime...

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 pm

"You thought I was joking when I said 'playoffs' last week, didn't you?"

That's how Miami Dolphins' new owner, BlaineTheMono opened this weeks post-game press conference.

"Well I wasn't." He continued, slightly chuckling. "I have full confidence that Jmo will defeat the Bills later, placing us 3 games back with half a season to go—I like our odds."

The game opened with a bang for Phins, in a play that seemed to be an omen of things to come. Rookie, Golden Tate fielded the opening kick, broke loose to around the 30 and fumbled into the awaiting arms of newly-aquired Altron Verner who took the fumbled the remaining 70 or so yards for an unlikely touchdown on the first play.

The remainder of the first quarter saw a series of punts from both teams. Miami seemed to be doing exactly what they had in mind when bringing in all those new faces on defense: stopping the run. The Ravens were held to just 49 yards on the ground, which also led to 3 interceptions, two of which were taken back for touchdowns.

With 5:34 left before the half, new quarterback and face of the franchise, Vince Young connected on a short screen to rookie, Javid Best, who took advantage of some great downfield blocking and took the pass 32 yards for the score. Phins up 14-0.

Giving up nothing easy, the Phins slowly allowed the Ravens offense to move down the field, facing a number of 3rd downs. It was a 3rd and 10 from the 13 when Chad Henne connected with Derek Mason over the middle for the score. 14-7, Phins.

The Ravens tacked on another 3 before half, and for the second week in a row the Phins mismanage the clock and give away a scoring opportunity late. Leading the team down the field with no time outs, Vince got his team down to the 3 yard line, and scrambling to get a play off, ran a play instead of killing the clock. The result was a sack, half over, 14-10, Phins lead.

The second half saw the Phins D take dominant form. The only scoring of the 3rd quarter was a Manny Lawson returned int, putting Miami up, 21-10.

Early in the 4th the Ravens saw their best scoring chance of the game, a 1st and goal from the 3. This quickly turned into a 3rd and goal from the 6. Biggest play of the game, a touchdown and a 2pt conversion brings this to a FG game. Chad Henne, taking a quick 3 step drop as he had been pressured all game, and hastily fired to the left. Jarius Byrd jumped the route and picked off the pass, taking it 94 yards for the score. 28-10 Phins.

The Ravens managed to tack on a pride-score with :02 left on the clock, discrediting what was a fine defensive performance. Miami appears to be a team that has no intentions of laying back and prepping for next season. On the contrary, this teams appears to be ready to challenge for a division crown and possibly even an AFC championship.

"It'd be fun to see," said Miami's new owner. "But for now, it's about the division. Playoffs. Yep. I said it. Playoffs. Buffalo, we're coming for you—Katie, bar the door."

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Immediate Turn Around: Phins now at 2-0 under new regime... Empty Re: Immediate Turn Around: Phins now at 2-0 under new regime...

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:23 pm

nice work man, the team has talent but that Shlarman guy obviously sucks ha

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Immediate Turn Around: Phins now at 2-0 under new regime... Empty Re: Immediate Turn Around: Phins now at 2-0 under new regime...

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Do work son
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:44 pm

Thank god I just traded that pick...it's value is definitely going to depreciate with every week that passes by
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Immediate Turn Around: Phins now at 2-0 under new regime... Empty Great Read.

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:57 pm

Davie, FL

The delivery boy checked his GPS to make sure he was at the right place. "Sure enough, 7500 Southwest 30th Street", he sighed as he got out and walked up to the Miami Dolphins Football facility. Entering the complex, he finds the receptionist, and shyly informs her that he has a delivery for BlainetheMono.

"I'm sorry, Coach Blaine is unavailable at the moment, but I can sign for it, and deliver this to him.", she replies.

"Uh, thanks.", the young driver replies as he hands over the delivery and walks out.

Coach Blaine returns to his office to a smell of food sitting on his desk. "What the? I didn't order anything. DANIELLE!!! DANIELLE COME IN HERE!"

Danielle, the sultry Cuban brunette receptionist comes walking in, "What's this?", coach asks. "Oh, it was delivered a few minutes ago."

"Well what is it?", Coach Blaine inquired.

"I'm not sure. The delivery boy said you'd understand, it had a note, see on the side there", she replied.

And there on the side of the container was a note, "Heard your comments, enjoy some Buffalo Wings. Don't worry about the consistency, they are stuffed with fish....See you soon. Coach Fr8Train"

"Does he not know Dolphins aren't Fish?", laughed Blaine

"Oh everyone knows.... but I don't think you can buy dolphin legally anymore"

"That'll be all Danielle"

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Hahahahahahaha. Nice attention to detail
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:40 am

"2 INT returns for TD, and a kickoff return for TD. Can't win games like that..." - Coach K

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down