* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Fix your depth charts

+4
ezweightloss
jmojsoski
coward1984
Cheddah_Cheez
8 posters

Go down

Fix your depth charts Empty Fix your depth charts

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:02 am

At the risk of getting flamed for bitching about things, I'm going to say it anyway. Anyone who puts anything but Wide receivers in the first 4 spots of the depth chart is lame. It messes with the playcall screen so your opponent has no idea what's coming. I've been seeing a lot of people doing it lately and it's LAME
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Fix your depth charts Empty Re: Fix your depth charts

Post by coward1984 Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:35 am

yea my last opp would say 3 wr 1 rb 1 te and it was 5 wide.. i had to burn a timeout to fix matchups
coward1984
coward1984
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:53 am

I've experienced this in my last two matchups in chz league... Exploiting the play screen is lame.... This dirty play will not net you wins when it counts
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:10 am

i usually use a TE as my 4th receiver and depending on what team i play with i might use a RB as my 5th receiver. sry but that's just how i roll. why would i let a beast TE like TG or deandre jones sit on the bench when i need a big pass play for a formation i like. so in advance i apology but i'm not changing it. lol

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:22 am

if more people played zone it wouldn't matter as much, but when theres a clear example of 5 wr set with two blazingly fast te's and 2 fast rb's out there but the playcall screen says 2 te 2 rb its pretty lame if you come out in a 46 normal and don't have time to adjust zones. if you didn't know how to call out of 2 man under you'd be really screwed.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:26 am

falconfansince81 wrote:if more people played zone it wouldn't matter as much, but when theres a clear example of 5 wr set with two blazingly fast te's and 2 fast rb's out there but the playcall screen says 2 te 2 rb its pretty lame if you come out in a 46 normal and don't have time to adjust zones. if you didn't know how to call out of 2 man under you'd be really screwed.

Lol I actually haven't had it happen to me in a while, but I've had complaints from several players about it. Also, I'm becoming a much bigger fan of zone blitzes. Been crushing people with them lately...
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:36 am

i personally dont really have to much a problem with it bc i love my 2ndry besides in chz lg but its improving.. but i play alot of man so if someone wants to come out and it says 2wr 1rb 1te and u come out 3wr or 4wrs its whatever bc i will be guarding the te manually and more then likely my fs will be covering the rb in coverage.. but i do understand the complaint bc i have seen it more times then not where it will say 2wr 2rb 1te and he comes out 4wr or it say 3wr 1rb 1te and they come out 5wr.. that never happens with me bc i usually have 6 wrs all filling the wrs spots.. so unless they are fatigued then its going to be wrs coming on the field... but i do understand ur point cheddah but i dont think there is much to do about it really.. unless they are starting a rb/te in the number 1 or 2 wr spot or the slot.. then everything else should be fine.. but i do see ur point...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 am

falconfansince81 wrote:if more people played zone it wouldn't matter as much, but when theres a clear example of 5 wr set with two blazingly fast te's and 2 fast rb's out there but the playcall screen says 2 te 2 rb its pretty lame if you come out in a 46 normal and don't have time to adjust zones. if you didn't know how to call out of 2 man under you'd be really screwed.

i will never play zone defense.. i suck at it horibbley!!! so unless im winning in the 4th quarter with under 2 mins to go and the opponent needs a td to tie and he is out of timesout.. then i will stay with my man defense.. it that situation happens then i will come out in a dollar cover 3 or an dollar cover 4... but any other time its going to be mono v mono...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:28 am

id venture to say 40% of the MG players I play...abuse this in some way shape or form...that I dont agree with. I dont agree with putting a TE or RB at any of the WR positions. Simply because it abuses the formation screen. But, people do it all the time. Either the TE is at WR #3 or #4 or the RB is always at WR #3. I Love the RB at WR #3...and then they come out in a (2WR 2RB 1 TE) formation....so I call a run based defense...and its shotgun 3/4 wide. Get killed everytime...before I can audible and setup coverage. I even messaged Cheddah with what the "real rules" were...when I inquired about Reggie Bush. Then, basically said..."nah, f!@#$ it, thats lame to put Bush at #wr3 regardless of his actual skill set" - But, I guess thats just me. It really pushes my buttons when people do it. Only because of the play-call screen error. In the real NFL...this wouldn't ever happen. You might get a linebacker lined up on that RB...but you wouldnt get un-covered wide-receivers (TE/RB) like you do 60% of the time when someone uses the flaw. If the game/opponent gave you ample time to adjust...Id be ok...but most do not.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:33 pm

I admittedly did this vs JMO, but I was naive that I was exploiting anything at all. I inherited ChZ league's Dolphins, who are short at WR and have Beckum at their #1. I hadn't changed it because Beckum was playing like my best WR. I can understand lining up in a pro-set with TE at WR can throw someone off, but I think the slot is fair game. How often do we see a Dallas Clark or a Vernon Davis split out in the slot? In DW league, I've got DeSean Jackson and Steve Smith as my 1 and 2 WR's, then it drops down to Mark Clayton. At TE I've got Gonzo, so naturally in 3-wr sets I'm going to move Gonzo to the slot, perhaps even out on the edge to get a size advantage on the corner or a speed advantage in the slot. I don't see anything wrong with this, nor do I think it's trying to get an unfair advantage.

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:53 pm

dont think its those types of people/players that people are talking about...Blaine.

Its the people that use 4 or 5 wide...and they happened to be RBs or TEs...or

the people that use multiple RBs or TEs at the WR position. I dont see a problem with the TE lined up in the slot...in a 3 wide set. I think the Colts playbook actually does this as a formation. But, the people that have (ex. McFadden, Vernon Davis) will call a 4 wr set...and it'll show 2WR 1 RB 1TE) - I dont think thats fair at all. They put Davis/McFadden at #3/#4 and its a false formation. How am I to know what Rbs or Tes he has in? real NFL...this doesnt happen. If a coordinator doesnt see McFadden/Davis on the field, they wouldnt plan against them.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Gotcha. Well I do run a 5-wide set that actually has a TE, but I'll often line Spiller up in the slot. But only because he's a great option there, not because I'm trying to exploit the play call screen. This still considered a no-no?

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:04 pm

to me...if its a 5 wide set..and you have a TE and RB subbed into it...thats unfair. In alot of playbooks...the actual 5WR sets...some of them have the TE in at the line of scrimmage. But, its basically 5WR. That is different to me. But, if you sub a TE and a RB and they are slotted out..I dont think its fair to matchup against.

3WR 1 TE 1RB to me...isnt a 5 wide set. I'm going to call Nickel or Dime against you...most of the time....and when I call Nickel...I'm basically going to be !@#$#
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down