* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Rumor: Xtreme-Football.net to eventually charge for use

+4
jmojsoski
falconfansince81
surfnturf90
Deathwish22
8 posters

Go down

Rumor: Xtreme-Football.net to eventually charge for use Empty Rumor: Xtreme-Football.net to eventually charge for use

Post by Deathwish22 Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:19 am

I knew this was going to eventually come...but if you read any of the forums on the XF site...it's all leading to eventually becoming a pay site to have your league hosted. As for right now...I'm 100% content on keeping all of our forums on the site we are using right now. I have no intentions of fully moving everything to XF. After being in talks with Greener about the future of these forums and how the leagues are doing...we both decided to keep things just as we are using them now...use XF for the stats...but keep the forums here. As of right now Vince (owner of XF) is trying to post an individual forum post for each league his site hosts...but that has been delayed. The one thing I worry about it not being in full control of our forums. I think that site is absolutely sick for it's stats and information...but at this point in time...I really don't want to give up all the power us commisioners have to depend on one guy who will eventually be charging us for his services...and us not being able to have control of what is posted. When the time comes...I will post more info about XF...but for now...we're going to keep things exactly as they are. I have no idea if it will be an individual charge per players to use the XF site or if there will just be one up front fee or a re-occuring monthly charge just for the administrators of each franchise....i have no idea. What ever information I find out for the time being though...I will post here. You guys are just as important to me as I am to you. I will not keep any secrets or information from you. I will keep you all updated. What are your thoughts?
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Xtreme-Football.net to eventually charge for use Empty Re: Rumor: Xtreme-Football.net to eventually charge for use

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:20 am

There's no reason to pay money for the other site, this one is fine.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Xtreme-Football.net to eventually charge for use Empty Re: Rumor: Xtreme-Football.net to eventually charge for use

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 pm

we already overpaid for madden...i wouldn't dish out any more money just for good looking stats, i think this site is fine.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 pm

yea its ridiculous... I had high hopes for that site but o well...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:42 pm

i doubt it will start to charge this late in the year most people are losing intrest in madden so i doubt he would make alot of money but maybe next year but hopefully madden 12 will havd all these stats
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Yeah...I guess we can always hope that they just include all those stats on the game...but then again...they haven't the last 3 years...who knows.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:44 pm

last 2 years this is only the 2nd year for online franchises
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 am

I stand corrected.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Xtreme-Football.net to eventually charge for use Empty xf

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:23 pm

That's really a shame man. I love the way xf is set up to be so user friendly. I wouldn't wanna pay for it though. If nobody caves and pays the guy, he'll either have no site or have to remain free of charge. Again, really a shame because I love that layout. Oh well, we will be just fine right here. Very Happy
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Don't hate on the guy, he has obviously put a ton of work into that site and deserves to get paid for it in some way. Myself, I think ad-click revenue would be a pretty good amount, but I don't know for sure, and if he wants to charge for it, it's his right. Depending on what he charges he should be ok, there's another popular site out there that gets like $150 bucks, and people pay it. If he asks for $50 a league or something I think people would pay it.

BTW, he did charge. When we first tried to get XML in there he was charging so we didn't, then later he offered to put us on for free so we did, probably building a base to let people try it before he starts charging again.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Xtreme-Football.net to eventually charge for use Empty phantom

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:12 pm

I hear the guy for trying to be enterprising and I would never hate on someone being an entrepreneuer. Hey, if the market will pay then great for him. It is a great site and he def has put a lot of time into it. It definitely would depend on the price. I would have absolutely no problem at all throwin the dude a dollar. $1.00
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Cant hatre on the guy for trying to make a BUCK - and if ends up being a 1 time FEE for the entire LG - end its a reasonable amounbt -(no more than a couplke hundered bucks) - i will cough up the cash - so we dont lose members b/c of it (or elliminate members b/c of financial issues) - I would hate to see that (and i got the $ - its no biggie)...

But down the road - its impportant for the MG to MAINTAIN ITS CONTROL - and we have 7 ADMINISTATORS on this site - no 1 person is in charge or has ownership of anything - ITS 100% COMMUNITY OPERATED MESSAGE BOARD... Seeing that extreme was once a pay for site - and is ACTIVELY SOLICITING DONATIONS - my fear is that they get us up and running - than slap all our members with $15 fee for next season... That would be unexceptable - and if that did occur - we could easily shift back to the use of the forumotion site EXCLUSIVELY - the important thing is not to put all our eggs in 1 basket - and have a back up plan - (which we do) if extreme decides to go to a pay per member system...

In the end - its all covered - DW is on top of this - NOBODY IS GOING TO BURN US! (we are too smart for that) - we will continue to use extremem football website and the great stats that have until it doesnt make sense for us - RIGHT NOW - IT MAKES SENSE - and is a huge benefit to our members...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Good points made above as well... we dont know what madden has in store for next season - I am sure they will invest in ONLINE FRANCHISE PLAY - its growth warrants it - the increased srever investment will certainly bring us more STATS... perhaps a payroll system and slary cap/budget of reach team to bid on contracts and free agents??? wouldnt that bring a great dynamiuc to Online franchise play???

I have seen other "salary cap LGs" but i am yet to have see a LG that is simple and totally user friends - and such a thing clearly is best through in game dynamics - lets hope EA makes the investment next year -
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down