* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Run Style

5 posters

Go down

Run Style Empty Run Style

Post by ezweightloss Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:19 pm

In 2010 Greener had a strategy as having offensive lineman as tightends, and tightends as wide receivers, i do not believe this is sim style football. ofcourse some teams use tightends in the slot such as dallas clark on the colts, but that is a number 3 or 4 receiver not a 1 and 2. and o-line/d-line are only used as tightends in 4 & 1 or goal line situations...

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Run Style Empty Re: Run Style

Post by bigbuddah Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:22 pm

in my past experience. if u have a heavy running style u were allowed to put in an extra o linemen where the TE would be. 1 team i kno that does this is the baltimore ravens. in fantasy draft franchises, having a TE as a number 2 or 3 wr in shotgun formation was allow considering they may have drafted wrong or the cpu didnt draft a good wr core if u ranked your players so idk this is something that can be done but limited IMO.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:45 pm

ezweightloss wrote:In 2010 Greener had a strategy as having offensive lineman as tightends, and tightends as wide receivers, i do not believe this is sim style football. ofcourse some teams use tightends in the slot such as dallas clark on the colts, but that is a number 3 or 4 receiver not a 1 and 2. and o-line/d-line are only used as tightends in 4 & 1 or goal line situations...

You are right - about the Lineman as TE's (which is no doubt a prooven football strategy - some teams even use DT at TE - its a JUMBO offensive set)... BUT I NEVER ONCE PLAYED TE AS A WIDE RECEIVER - I DID PLAY TE IN THE SLOT OR AS A FLANKER... The sets your talking about didnt even have a WR on the field - i would look for 2 RB sets with double TE's - that left the 11th spot to be a flanker or slotback (because you already have 7 men on the Line of Scrimage - it would be an illegal formation to have a WR in the game....)

This is a fundemental RUN 1st offense - I AM NOT HIDING ANYTHING OR TRYING TO FOOL ANY1 WITH THIS KINDA OF SET - i am telling you, "I AM GONNA RUN THE BALL - DOWN YOUR THROAT - STOP ME IF YOU CAN!" (which unfortunately with the poor run blocking AI - you often did stop me inb Madden 10!!) - this is a set that I am sure any NFL team has in their playbook (if they employ a TE system)... btw - nothing would be different even if you made a rule limiting this sort of play - Their are dozen's of BLOCKING TE's around (that have comprobable blocking stats as a back-up Lineman) - and having a TE in the slot or flanker spot occurs ALL THE TIME in the NFL (and u r gonna have trouble gettn guys with highly rated TE's to use them exclusively on the line in a 3 point stance) - just won't happen - nevertheless; at the end of last year - i found that even good run blocking TE's had problem blocking guys outside of the traditional TE spot - they just weren't fast enough (and were slowed down furthur by their size) to block DB's - the CB's or S would just run around them - therefore in these sets I would look for WR with good blocking skills - that seemed to work better - but you never know for Madden 11...

I truely believe this is a legit offense - and only time you saw it a lot - is if i was ahead in the game, or you had a HIGH FLYING OFFENSE - THAT I WANTED TO KEEP OFF THE FIELD - so I was using a ball control strategy (to limit your offensive opportunities) - the other time you saw it a lot is if you had a problem stopping the run - obviously why would i change something that was successful? especially when their are a 2 or 3 different sets that have this sort of formation and 12 -15 different run plays (that attack D gap to D gap) - so i am not in any jeopardy of breaching repetitive play-calling rules...

I will differ to the Governing Council's judgement on this - if they say its not SIM - so be it!!!! But i don't think its fair that my paticular skill of running the ball (which was hard to do last year) - should be singled out... I was FAR from a prolific passer - and I didnt get upset when people consistantly put up 300+ yards on me... nevertheless If the Council feels a rule is warranted - thats cool! - (but i will just find 2 run blocking TE's and a 240+ pound WR who has a high blocking rating - and the rule would of no consequence anyways) - as EA sports says "ITS IN THE GAME" - so i utilize it as such...

I ty for bringing this up on the message boards - and I ENCOURAGE EVERY1 TO VOICE ANY CONCERNS THEY HAVE - its the best way to make our group the #1 place to play Online Franchise
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 pm

@ big bruddah - the baltimore ravens run an offset line. which is not the same as have o-line as a TE, its just the TE is on the weak side rather than the strong side.

@ greener - i believe it is sim style in some situations, just not in all game. i respect your gameplan and think it is quite clever. everyone has something that works for them and that works for you. considering i won a game or two against you i personally don't mind the strategy but just brought it up in the count of looking out for sim style play. i will look forward to what the council says, and either way i am fine with it.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:59 pm

just speaking from past experiences AGAIN! ive played in leagues and franchises where u had to have a wr on the field, otherwise, that was considered to them as being goalline offense. and of course, goal line offense is only permitted inside the 10 or 15 depending on who u talk to. this offense has a designed purpose unlike other offense so i respect it. would i consider it goal line offense without a wr being on the field...yes but i mean no receiving threat hope in your goalline defense and play ball so idk...if it was a whole drive sort of thing and it being the same formation and all u did was run the ball then thats not mixing up your playcall therefore be illegal but i wasnt there it didnt happen to me i dont kno the whole story so i cant speculate im just saying...i guess it depends if u lost to someone who played like that then your opinion would be more towards this not being allowed lol

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 am

i am excited to hear that the run game is goiung to revamped -0 and having a skill offensive line will be critical (as goes the madden rumours) - askany coach at any level - and he will tell you that the heart anmd sole of every team is the Offensive Line - and Madden has not captured this aspect in previous years - I am happy to see that they dedicated programming time to this Madden addition's run gamr! (now - i just hope Tank Lockwood aka as Bam BAm Morris clone is available to be drafted in 1 of the rookie drafts!)

Admin
Admin

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:29 pm

If the run game is anyth hng like ncaa then my run game will be excellent..i rush for over 100 yards every game with mark ingram and alabama...my run game is trill

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Run Style Empty OL playing at the TE Position.....

Post by PaPZ187 Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:12 am

Hey Wats Up Guys,

I found this site a couple days ago looking for SIM Players on the PS3 so hopefully I can find an Online League to join when Madden '11 comes out.

After reading this thread I just wanted to contribute with some input of my expiriences as a NY Jets fan. Last season the Jets ran multiple times out of a "Strong I" type set with the 5 linemen, a FB, RB, 2 TEs, 1 WR and ofcourse the QB. Sometimes they would go 3 TEs and no WR as well, kind of like a goalline set, however they would play Wayne Hunter (a backup OT) at one of the TE positions all the time in this set and he played very often. So using a backup lineman (in this case a T) playing TE in a often used set is not uncommon in the NFL, they would sometimes line up there TE pass threat, Dustin Keller, as the WR in this set as well.

I know you guys are just trying to make the games a SIM as possible and I respect you for that, just wanted to throw this out there, hope it helped.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:05 pm

PaPZ187 wrote:Hey Wats Up Guys,

I found this site a couple days ago looking for SIM Players on the PS3 so hopefully I can find an Online League to join when Madden '11 comes out.

After reading this thread I just wanted to contribute with some input of my expiriences as a NY Jets fan. Last season the Jets ran multiple times out of a "Strong I" type set with the 5 linemen, a FB, RB, 2 TEs, 1 WR and ofcourse the QB. Sometimes they would go 3 TEs and no WR as well, kind of like a goalline set, however they would play Wayne Hunter (a backup OT) at one of the TE positions all the time in this set and he played very often. So using a backup lineman (in this case a T) playing TE in a often used set is not uncommon in the NFL, they would sometimes line up there TE pass threat, Dustin Keller, as the WR in this set as well.

I know you guys are just trying to make the games a SIM as possible and I respect you for that, just wanted to throw this out there, hope it helped.

TY for well thought-out and expressed contribution to thread (which co-incidentally is of the same opinion as MINE!) LOL! - all joking aside - Welcome to the Madden Group and hope you enjoy our Online Franchises upcoming for Madden 11!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:14 pm

[/quote]

TY for well thought-out and expressed contribution to thread (which co-incidentally is of the same opinion as MINE!) LOL! - all joking aside - Welcome to the Madden Group and hope you enjoy our Online Franchises upcoming for Madden 11!!![/quote]

Thanks, I havent played Online in a while, but Im a pretty solid player and play SIM style, and not into using glitches and repetitive plays, etc.

Am looking forward to joining an Online League this year, just want to be in a competitive, fair, and fun league, you know? If you are going to start up a league and need players, my email is Papdugi369@gmail.com and PSN is Papdugi369.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down