* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Panthers and steelers

+8
mblammers
imthatcrack
Fr8trainShane
bjcole26
saastar
jmojsoski
youngwattz
Dlew16
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Panthers and steelers Empty Panthers and steelers

Post by Dlew16 Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:37 am

Steelers give: mike Vick, LOLB laboy.

Panthers give: ROLB greenway, matt cassel, every 2nd and 3rd pick.

Last edited by Dlew16 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Dlew16

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001773337387

Back to top Go down

Panthers and steelers Empty Re: Panthers and steelers

Post by youngwattz Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:41 am

agreed
youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:54 am

"every pick I have"

WTF?lOl
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by youngwattz Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:59 am

not literally every pick lol just 2nds and 3rds
youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dlew16 Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:01 am

jmojsoski wrote:"every pick I have"

WTF?lOl
I edited it . It's alright LOL

Dlew16

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001773337387

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:33 am

WOW REALLY??? SO PANTHERS ARE GETTING B POTENTIAL 85 OVERALL QB MICHAEL VICK AND 64 OVERALL ROLB TRAVIS LABOY... AND

THE STEELERS ARE GETTING 88 OVERALL ROLB CHAD GREENWAY, 4 2ND RD PICKS AND 2 3RDS.. plus matt cassel????

scratch tell me someone forgot to put something else in this trade... bc if not then dlew is literally giving 88 overall ROLB, 4 2nd rd picks, 2 3rds and matt cassell... just of michael vick who is 85 overall b potential....

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:37 pm

He did say i will give you anything for Mike Vick
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 pm

I've never played Dlew, so hopefully this isn't a way to get a cheese QB.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by imthatcrack Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:43 pm

Nah i played him twice this seasson he just really likes mobile Qb, payed pretty high for him hope it works

imthatcrack
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:48 pm

imthatcrack wrote:Nah i played him twice this seasson he just really likes mobile Qb, payed pretty high for him hope it works

Well thats good to hear.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:48 pm

saastar wrote:WOW REALLY??? SO PANTHERS ARE GETTING B POTENTIAL 85 OVERALL QB MICHAEL VICK AND 64 OVERALL ROLB TRAVIS LABOY... AND

THE STEELERS ARE GETTING 88 OVERALL ROLB CHAD GREENWAY, 4 2ND RD PICKS AND 2 3RDS.. plus matt cassel????

scratch tell me someone forgot to put something else in this trade... bc if not then dlew is literally giving 88 overall ROLB, 4 2nd rd picks, 2 3rds and matt cassell... just of michael vick who is 85 overall b potential....

This has GOT to be the most lop-sided trade so far.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:00 pm

I agree on worse trade.. Vick is good for one more season then he declines fast than Ladanian Tomlinson in real life.

Greenway and Cassel for Vick would of been a good trade... Then to add a bunch of picks makes it worse.

Last edited by bjcole26 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:23 pm

love seeing people getting ripped off...and teams becoming more unbalanced. if he leaves for some reason that team will be a disaster for anyone taking them over. oh well, makes me appreciate the competition of lobby games even more.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:34 pm

seriously. I know that I'm one of the most active traders out there, and I am also one of the biggest advocates of "to each their own", but if there was ever an example of a trade that begs for some kind of trade approval mechanism, this is it.
4 second round picks and 2 thirds PLUS greenway? That is a SHITLOAD of talent. Like FF said, if dude leaves, that franchise will be a bigger reclaimation project than bigwayland/dominators Falcons team.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Dlew is a legit player. I don't think he's left a single franchise yet. This trade is incredibly unbalanced, but I know for a fact he straight up offered that trade to wattz. It's not like wattz went into a huge negotiation and then pulled this out. Dlew went to him and was like I'll give you a million dollars if you give me a rock, and Wattz was like "Ok".

In all seriousness, if you look at the actual picks Dlew owns, I think all but 2 of those 2nd rd picks are teams in the bottom quarter of the round anyway, so he's gonna be getting a bunch of crappy-mediocre guys anyway. Especially in this draft, and in this league, where everyone has a draft sheet and a number of guys canned the season for higher picks. All the talent is going to be sapped up by mid 2nd round easy.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Dlew is a legit player. I don't think he's left a single franchise yet. This trade is incredibly unbalanced, but I know for a fact he straight up offered that trade to wattz. It's not like wattz went into a huge negotiation and then pulled this out. Dlew went to him and was like I'll give you a million dollars if you give me a rock, and Wattz was like "Ok".

In all seriousness, if you look at the actual picks Dlew owns, I think all but 2 of those 2nd rd picks are teams in the bottom quarter of the round anyway, so he's gonna be getting a bunch of crappy-mediocre guys anyway. Especially in this draft, and in this league, where everyone has a draft sheet and a number of guys canned the season for higher picks. All the talent is going to be sapped up by mid 2nd round easy.

I'm not saying that either side is not legit or that there were any ill intentions here. I'm just saying that it is an eye-popping amount of talent to trade for one player.

As far as the notion that the draft cheat-sheets are going to mean that all the talent will be taken, the only info those sheets give out that isn't available elsewhere is potential. You, Cheddah, as much as anyone, has said that potential doesn't really mean anything if you look at the players ratings in key stat categories.
So, really, what do those sheets do for anyone? If anything they will make people draft bums with a higher ovr potential and leave players on the board who are more appropriately skilled. Sure, they do mean that that there will likely be no more steals in the 5th and sixth round, but are people really NOT going to draft c potential guys like Joeckel in the early rounds (if not top 10).
To me the "problem" with the draft "cheat sheets" isn't a problem at all.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Lol. Just because I understand that potential doesn't mean everything doesn't mean that's how other guys draft. I also never said that there were any A potential bums. Generally, all the A potential guys become pretty good players. What I did say was that regardless of potential, there are players that have shitty potential that have key attributes that matter.

To answer your question though, no I don't think guys liek Joeckel will go top 10, I think most people will snag the A potential guys, and then after that te rest of the good players regardless of potential will go. It's just a guess, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows the guys who aren't A potential that are still good. Especially in this draft. Which is why I don't think there's going to be much talent left after the middle of the second rd.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by youngwattz Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:50 pm

I knew ppl would start blowing this out of wack, u guys werent part of the trade process at all so u dont know what this guy actually offered compared to what i decided to take. The only person that I spoke to about what was offered what cheddah since he is the commish and after speaking with him awhile back and a week later of chatting with others for trades I figured Id take the trade. The main reason I took it is cuz I dont really like Vick and he ms me a few times on here and PSN and txts asking for him sayin he would give every pick he had plus michael turner and wes welker and when I say every pick he really meant it cuz when I asked him to break down everything he wanted to give he even included his rd 1 thru 7 picks. I was like WTF he really wants him that bad and I dont really need him why not give it too him, he said he feels like he has a better chance of winning with Vick cuz thats the only QB he uses. So I took Greenway and Cassel and the picks just so I could trade then to replace some other players I could get. So we both got what we wanted. Its always something in here WOW lol...So what are you all gonna do when ur whole trading logic changes, if there does become a trade approval group and ur trades dont go through cuz they dont understand that the two agreeing parties are happy with what they are getting and u got the approval group saying no thats dumb fix it. Majority of the trades in here are crazy and probably wouldn't happen if there was a approval process but regardless I still see ppl winning games and not complaining about their own trade on here not once. So why not leave it alone, like really what is the point of even commenting on the trade summary section anyway all ppl do is comment negatively and then say things like I coulda gave u something better to make ppl second guess their trades. lol please lighten up ppl, u guys are cutt throat in here lol
youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:13 pm

you know...i rarely say anything about trades or even look at the summaries. but here's why i had to say something:

if he has to for whatever reason leave or his ps3 dies the next owner (if one would even take a team w/o young players or a good qb...lb..) is pretty screwed, trust me im trying to rebuild one like that in kight league someone destroyed. i agree it seems he really wanted him, but you can't sit there and say this was even the SLIGHTEST bit fair. why not give the guy vick for cassel and his first or something...or hell even cassel/greenway is at least balanced. i've just always been one for fair trades, in which the teams stay balanced.

his team is almost all 30 years old or older, so in a year or two they will be pretty much useless. he had at least a top 5 draft spot, and the fact you took all his picks to further stack your team is great for you...but the panthers will be void in 2012. even vicks almost 30...but whatever, i don't really comment on trades unless its something this absurd. maybe dlew should be aware of age and work the deal a little better next time. nobodys fault, just want some awareness in maintaining the lifeline of a team.

right now, the average age of his offense is 30.3 years old.
the average age of his defense is 32 even.
hell even his special teams average 31.3 years in age.

justify it however you want, its still gonna bury this team in a couple years without 4-5 decent rookie to replace the aging vets. this isn't just cut throat, its murder.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by youngwattz Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:17 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:you know...i rarely say anything about trades or even look at the summaries. but here's why i had to say something:

if he has to for whatever reason leave or his ps3 dies the next owner (if one would even take a team w/o young players or a good qb...lb..) is pretty screwed, trust me im trying to rebuild one like that in kight league someone destroyed. i agree it seems he really wanted him, but you can't sit there and say this was even the SLIGHTEST bit fair. why not give the guy vick for cassel and his first or something...or hell even cassel/greenway is at least balanced. i've just always been one for fair trades, in which the teams stay balanced.

his team is almost all 30 years old or older, so in a year or two they will be pretty much useless. he had at least a top 5 draft spot, and the fact you took all his picks to further stack your team is great for you...but the panthers will be void in 2012. even vicks almost 30...but whatever, i don't really comment on trades unless its something so absurd maybe dlew should be aware of age and work the deal a little better next time. nobodys fault, just want some awareness in maintaining the lifeline of a team.

right now, the average age of his offense is 30.3 years old.
the average age of his defense is 32 even.
hell even his special teams average 31.3 years in age.

justify it however you want, its still gonna bury this team in a couple years without 4-5 decent rookie to replace the aging vets. this isn't just cut throat, its murder.

I can see where ur coming from FF, and I wasn't coming at u just to make sure u know that. Ur well respected in my eyes. I guess I am trying to making it sound better because it is a lopsided trade but I dont think I'm the only one that would of took it if the trade was presented to them the way it was presented to me. Question
youngwattz
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:22 pm

Some trades crush a teams future just like in real life... The Cowboys murdered the Vikings in the Hershal Walker trade and it takes years or seasons to recover... I also took over a crappy team in one league and screwed up a team myself being a rookie in my first draft.... Both are more than a 1 year project... Both will be 2 or 3 years to get respectable... I understand his love for one player...hell DLew might be Mike Vick little brother Marcus Vick for all i know... BUT even if that is the case, it does not even make this trade any better for him now or long term.

I know young you usually make very fair offers when we have talked and again i do not think anyone is attacking you at all... Sometimes people make offers that you have to accept.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 pm

youngwattz wrote:I knew ppl would start blowing this out of wack, u guys werent part of the trade process at all so u dont know what this guy actually offered compared to what i decided to take. The only person that I spoke to about what was offered what cheddah since he is the commish and after speaking with him awhile back and a week later of chatting with others for trades I figured Id take the trade. The main reason I took it is cuz I dont really like Vick and he ms me a few times on here and PSN and txts asking for him sayin he would give every pick he had plus michael turner and wes welker and when I say every pick he really meant it cuz when I asked him to break down everything he wanted to give he even included his rd 1 thru 7 picks. I was like WTF he really wants him that bad and I dont really need him why not give it too him, he said he feels like he has a better chance of winning with Vick cuz thats the only QB he uses. So I took Greenway and Cassel and the picks just so I could trade then to replace some other players I could get. So we both got what we wanted. Its always something in here WOW lol...So what are you all gonna do when ur whole trading logic changes, if there does become a trade approval group and ur trades dont go through cuz they dont understand that the two agreeing parties are happy with what they are getting and u got the approval group saying no thats dumb fix it. Majority of the trades in here are crazy and probably wouldn't happen if there was a approval process but regardless I still see ppl winning games and not complaining about their own trade on here not once. So why not leave it alone, like really what is the point of even commenting on the trade summary section anyway all ppl do is comment negatively and then say things like I coulda gave u something better to make ppl second guess their trades. lol please lighten up ppl, u guys are cutt throat in here lol

in all honesty i do think there needs to be a trade approval group of people for each lg in the mg.. like what is in my other lg outside the mg has.. my other lg has 5 guys.. 1 being the commish and 4 other people he picked out to over look trades.. and all 5 of them dont have to vote on the trade.. if just 1 person dont like the trade then they say trade needs to be reworked... and so the owners have to rework the trade or it doesnt happen.. yeah some grip but it works.. also in my other lg they have an even better idea that i like..

is that each owner is only ALLOWED 1 IN SEASON TRADE AND 1 OFFSEASON TRADE.. that would prevent alot of these bs trades that people are getting and getting like 5 1st rd picks plus 4 2nd rd picks and all this other garbage.... limiting owners to only be able to trade 1 time before the rookie draft happens and only 1 time once the season starts.. bc since are trying to make this like the NFL.. u dont see the NFL doing alot of trading so my other lg made it more realistic giving u only 1 opportunity to trade in offseason and 1 to trade during the season.. besides that ur stuck with who u got...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:33 pm

youngwattz wrote:I knew ppl would start blowing this out of wack, u guys werent part of the trade process at all so u dont know what this guy actually offered compared to what i decided to take. The only person that I spoke to about what was offered what cheddah since he is the commish and after speaking with him awhile back and a week later of chatting with others for trades I figured Id take the trade. The main reason I took it is cuz I dont really like Vick and he ms me a few times on here and PSN and txts asking for him sayin he would give every pick he had plus michael turner and wes welker and when I say every pick he really meant it cuz when I asked him to break down everything he wanted to give he even included his rd 1 thru 7 picks. I was like WTF he really wants him that bad and I dont really need him why not give it too him, he said he feels like he has a better chance of winning with Vick cuz thats the only QB he uses. So I took Greenway and Cassel and the picks just so I could trade then to replace some other players I could get. So we both got what we wanted. Its always something in here WOW lol...So what are you all gonna do when ur whole trading logic changes, if there does become a trade approval group and ur trades dont go through cuz they dont understand that the two agreeing parties are happy with what they are getting and u got the approval group saying no thats dumb fix it. Majority of the trades in here are crazy and probably wouldn't happen if there was a approval process but regardless I still see ppl winning games and not complaining about their own trade on here not once. So why not leave it alone, like really what is the point of even commenting on the trade summary section anyway all ppl do is comment negatively and then say things like I coulda gave u something better to make ppl second guess their trades. lol please lighten up ppl, u guys are cutt throat in here lol

Dude, I wasn't trying to be negative. Honestly. If I came off as cut-throat I apologize. Like I said, I've been a part a a bunch of trades that people have weighed in on. I get it that you might feel unfairly criticized.
Take your own advice though...lighten up. This is a forum for us to talk about the shit that goes on in our leagues, and you were just a part of a HUGE trade with a shit-load of talent exchanged.
I don't think anyone is out of line for commenting on it. You said yourself that when he made his first offer you were like "WTF".
Like I said, I basically think to each his own, and I'm not making an argument for a trade council. I'm just saying, greenway and cassel and 6 picks!?!? That's already out of whack lol. You don't need any help from us blowing it there.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:41 pm

While there is an obvious winner here, I don't think it's THAT lopsided. As an owner of VY and McNabb in my leagues, a mobile QB literally changes the game if used right. It's hard to value that aspect of if everything breaks down, it's nice to have a guy like Vick who could turn any play into a huge one. Plus, it's just more fun playing with a guy like that. ALSO, like a previous poster pointed out, Late 2nds are almost worthless. Well, not worthless, you get the guys that take a while to develop, but they arn't that valuable.

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:53 pm

BlaineTheMono19 wrote:While there is an obvious winner here, I don't think it's THAT lopsided. As an owner of VY and McNabb in my leagues, a mobile QB literally changes the game if used right. It's hard to value that aspect of if everything breaks down, it's nice to have a guy like Vick who could turn any play into a huge one. Plus, it's just more fun playing with a guy like that. ALSO, like a previous poster pointed out, Late 2nds are almost worthless. Well, not worthless, you get the guys that take a while to develop, but they arn't that valuable.

That's a really good point about the mobile QB, Blaine. I've never been a scrambler, so I might not get that.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next