* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Walter Payton Man of the Year!

+5
Cheddah_Cheez
bjcole26
mblammers
falconfansince81
Child_Please4285
9 posters

Go down

Who's the Man of the Year?

Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_lcap26%Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]
Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_lcap26%Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]
Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_lcap16%Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_lcap21%Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_lcap5%Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_lcap5%Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Empty Walter Payton Man of the Year!

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:35 pm

All these players have made exemplary contributions to the MG on and off the field all of these players have made few enemies and have don't excellent work in making the MG a better group for all. The MG is lucky to have the players and we all should strive to possess qualities they each share. There are no losers in this group. But who's the Man of the Year?

Last edited by Child_Please4285 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Walter Payton Man of the Year!   Empty Re: Walter Payton Man of the Year!

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 pm

love the idea for the award, i think all those other guys a great assets to MG thats a tough vote...everyones done something kinda different.

Bilidozer_27 is one of the most improved and dedicated guys around, always gets his games in a fun dude to shoot the shit with about madden over the phone.

Deathwish22 continues to run probably the tried and true example of how a franchise should run. continuously puts in a lot of time with awards, keeping weeks moving, and not taking shit from anyone in maintaining one of the best franchises ever.

Cheedah_cheez gets my vote as not only an improved player, but has really been those most active on the forums in creating a new league to rival deathwises in terms of making an effort to constantly improve the league. always up for lab games and is easily within reach if theres a conflict.

jmojsoski helped me a ton with user catching this year, he wins with class and loses with it too...although not nearly as often as the winning part. a prime example of how a winner should carry himself.

surfnturf90 in the same commish boat as dw and cheddah, surf is a great dude and is really starting to get his franchise going strong with the addition of xfl. he's come a long way himself from losing to me 51-14 just a few months ago to knocking me off in his superbowl 16-14, tremendous improvement and dedication to an open minded approach.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:03 pm

great post FF!
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:03 pm

This is a really good idea, CP. I think each league should make one of these. I also like the idea of a "most improved" award each season.

Anyway, this was close. All those guys deserve it. I went with DW though. Since this is the first one of these, I had to give the nod to the guy who started the best league and gave a blueprint for making one great.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Where is txboy and sickstick on this list?
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:05 pm

I honestly do not know who i want to vote for... This is the toughest vote for sure.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:06 pm

tell me about it BJ i made the list and don't know who i want to vote for lol
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:12 pm

lol cool to see something like this CP. Thanks to everyone for the kind words. All those guys are great dudes to play with and just talk with. Any of them easily deserve my vote. In the end I gave it to Bill. Guy works crazy hours, has a family, and still has time to contribute. He always plays his games, never complains about anything, and is always positive. He's always willing to help me out with my franchise when I need it, and always there to listen to me rant when I'm pissed about a loss (happens a lot lol). I don't think I know anyone who truly enjoys being in the group and playing madden more than Bill. There's definitely a lot of guys in this group that are good people, the list up there is just a handful of them, but I can honestly say Bill is my favorite guy in the group.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:39 pm

I can honestly say that I really like everybody on this list. Everybody has been real acceptive of me into the group and all though everybody knows I'm a terrible player there has been one guy there to help me out more than anybody. I went with FF he is an all around good guy and deserves it for his contributions in helping out other players.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:52 pm

I voted for Billy on this on... Man, that guy has a workload and still manages to play his games and has improved drastically.. It would have been easy to give it to cheedah, he guy is definitely a baller (has drastically improved) and has contributed in every way on the boards and added a very quality league (second best). But Billy won it for me, the man kept plugging it away even when he was losing.. I really would like to see him win a superbowl. It would be similar to an American Dream type of story, worked his way to the top.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:58 pm

kinda sucks because Deathwish is my boy, and he works really hard to keep his franchise running smoothly. Also, he tries to keep players interested. For the second madden in a row (10&11) he brings quality franchises. But dam, it was pretty hard to vote..lol...its so much you can say about everybody on the list..

FF is a fantastic player, always willing to help any and everybody, probably the only reason hes beatable, he teaches everyone his defenses basically. But who can blame him, he wants to see everyone improve, which is a great trait for a person to have. (no hate in his blood)

CP you deserve to be up there, you slowly influenced everybody's game. People from the beginning thought it was all about speed, but you showed people that using athletic receivers with great route running can win championships.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:26 pm

jmojsoski wrote:kinda sucks because Deathwish is my boy, and he works really hard to keep his franchise running smoothly. Also, he tries to keep players interested. For the second madden in a row (10&11) he brings quality franchises. But dam, it was pretty hard to vote..lol...its so much you can say about everybody on the list..

FF is a fantastic player, always willing to help any and everybody, probably the only reason hes beatable, he teaches everyone his defenses basically. But who can blame him, he wants to see everyone improve, which is a great trait for a person to have. (no hate in his blood)

CP you deserve to be up there, you slowly influenced everybody's game. People from the beginning thought it was all about speed, but you showed people that using athletic receivers with great route running can win championships.

+1 especially about DW. I pretty much modeled my franchise after his. He def puts a ton of time into his franchise and the group.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:37 pm

When Madden 1st came out i was like the only guy user catching now its 2 many to count. i also would like to believe i helped guys understand the ratings better also. While i do believe i heavily influenced the way guys play and draft i don't think ive contributed as much as these guy but thanks for the shout out
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Great idea CP, and I definitely think you should be on the list because you've shared a lot of info about ratings and strategies that has helped many people, me included, get better at our games.

I voted for DW, because he started off the year with the best franchise, and I think he still has the best one today.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Is Walter Peyton a mix between Walter Payton and Peyton Manning?

I voted for JMO... i based my vote on thinking about Walter Payton of the bears... He was a great player but always remained behind the spot light and was under appreciated... To me, JMO is a top 3 baller and is still underrated IMO... YES CP and FF are right there with him but i think everyone mentions them over JMO... Sorta like Barry and Emmit getting mentioned over Walter.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:06 am

JMO under rated wow i think if you asked around most ppl would say he was the best player in the MG
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:14 am

I think FF and You get mentioned more than JMO..especially on board... NOT that you are not deserving... It is funny...all i heard about for both JMO and you is your passing games...then both of you run on me... Both of you are very complete on offense and defense... I personally would rank JMO and you as #1 and #2 in no certain order... With FF and Buddah being 3 and 4.. again no certain order...finally, this was the toughest vote...i could of easily picked, DW or FF or you or billy or JMO or anyone on the list.. I just went with what first came to me when thinking of Walter Payton.

bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:26 am

ive always said cp, jmo, kight as the best players. im hit or miss sometimes...but i've beaten everyone here as most guys have beat me, and personally its not even about the win but the quality of the game played. those guys play as close to simulation as it comes IMO and i try and do the same in these leagues...which has cost me plenty losses, but i refuse to deviate and play cover 1 the entire game and let the ai win games for me...zone for life. i was gonna say CP should be on the list (but that'd be pretty lame to list yourself i guess lol) as he's taught be a lot just from playin him, and doesn't get the credit he deserves as one of the most honest and legit guys with the most user skill i've ever seen.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Falcon you are so full of crap. Everybody in the MG considers you one of the top guys in this whole group.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Since this post has pretty much died Congrats to FF For winning MAN OF THE YEAR!
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:58 pm

well i went ahead and voted for bill just now so it would be tied. haha. You better share ur award FF

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 pm

What? I didn't win?!?!? You guys are all a bunch of #%#@ and I hope you all eat a #$#@*.

Just kidding, congrats FF, well deserved bro!
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:44 pm

haha thanks guys, and if bill mysteriously disappears i swear i had nothing to do with it Suspect
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down