* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Governing Council *ALL MEMBERS READ*

+10
Fr8trainShane
saastar
jmojsoski
falconfansince81
ezweightloss
sam22smith
BiLlDoZeR_27
Child_Please4285
Cheddah_Cheez
Delmas26
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Governing Council *ALL MEMBERS READ* - Page 2 Empty Re: Governing Council *ALL MEMBERS READ*

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:54 am

mblammers wrote:I also think that Delmas is 100% right on this one. I would happily be willing to give up my seat if the group wants to have a "re-do" on the procedure for adding GC members.

I would also do the same. It's good for everybody to have a voice.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Governing Council *ALL MEMBERS READ* - Page 2 Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:12 pm

I like the way all the rules and new rules are discussed in these forums and we the players do have a voice in things. I very much trust the GC and a vote wouldn't be a bad thing.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Also, ditto the Greenerrr and DW exemptions.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Governing Council *ALL MEMBERS READ* - Page 2 Empty Re: Governing Council *ALL MEMBERS READ*

Post by Delmas26 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Im fully on board with your idea fr8train....I think a new few nominees every launch date would be great....

Greeneer: to add to your point...some of those people arent commish's anymore...and either bailed on there franchise or dont run one anymore...you are basically enticing people who want "power" to try and run a franchise. If it fails...they can bail...and still have GC power. That's completely lame.

Considering at one point, we had tons of leagues going...and next year...you should expect the same...any commish doesn't deserve auto-status like you are saying. Sorry, they dont. Especially when a few of your GC members...come off completely different than other members...etc.

If you are saying commish's get auto-votes...you are going to have alot of "power diggers" applying for the right to run a league...next year...get it?

Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:31 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:I created the GC this year because i didnt want to make all the decisions (which was kind of thrust on me originally out of necesssity)

there wasnt guys lining up to be part of the GC and i actually had to RECRUIT guys for the job!!!!! lol...

but clearly we are growing as a group - and perhaps a level of democracy is warranted - but having said that, commishes do a ton of work and out of fairness alone - they DESERVE the right to have a voice in the decision making process however; if they have an attitude similar to cheddah and surf's i respect that bigtime and if they waived their "right" to be automatically in the GC - much KUDOS is sent their way... I am sure thiose 2 quality guys would be voted in anyhow and seeing that the only other LG right now is mjkight (and he is an absolute LOCK for the GC - easily the most level headed - and fair guy around btw - fyi on mjkight - did u know that he was in a playoff game in his LG and his opponent went unexpectedly AWALL - he was gone for 3 days and of course the membership was on mjkight to get the game in because we wanted to get on with the next round and a future season... In every measurable/reasonable way he 100% deserved a CPU game - his opponent hadnt logged on in over 90 hours! BUT he didnt want guys to "look down" on him for being the commish and giving himself a CPU gm in a playoff situation so HE SIMed the game!!!! AND HE LOST!!!! His season was thrown out the door completely!!!!! the guy is full of integrity and has all my respect in the world...) anyhow back to my point - i think the current commishes we have would be easily voted in by the CG - so maybe some sort of voting system should be set uop for next years council...

if all of your cronies are "that good" at being in the GC....then they should have no problems being re-elected....

to me...it seems like you are trying to vouch and keep around your guys....

So, why shouldnt you just elect everyone yourself....?

Why even give MG members a say in anything?

If any (1) Governing Council member...is that GOOD...and all of the MG feels they do an excellent job...they'll be re-admitted or re-elected in no time.

I dont get your "worry" that someone whos doing a bang-up job...won't be re-elected...

Sounds like your covering someone's tail/tracks...

Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:03 pm

I appreciate the kind words Greener, but I completely disagree with you. You and DW deserve spots on the GC. I wouldn't say anyone else "deserves" a spot without being voted in. Being a commish and running a franchise is not something that puts a person in a spot to make decisions for the betterment of the group. Pretty much anyone can run a franchise. More importantly, in the Madden 11 season, almost anyone willing to try running a franchise was given the chance at some point. By your logic, anyone who wants to be on the GC can just opt to run a franchise. What happens in Madden 12, when we have Minor franchises that run for 2 season (roughly 2 months)? Are we going to make all of those guys GC members too? They'll be running franchises so they should be right? Wrong. Just because a guy runs a franchise doesn't mean he should be making decisions that affect EVERYBODY. Point is, only guys who the community as a whole wants making decisions should be making decisions. Just because I do a good job running a franchise consisting of 32 guys, does not give me the right to make a decision over 200 guys. The other 168 guys might not think I have good things to say, or might not like what I wanna do. See what I'm saying?

Also, if you give every commish the power to be in the GC, you will be attracting the wrong type of guys to become commisioners.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Governing Council *ALL MEMBERS READ* - Page 2 Empty I also have another idea...

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:17 pm

So we can make sure that everyone's voice is heard, I think any rule changes that the GC votes on should be voted on by the people...and just like in the GC whatever choice 2/3 of the guys vote on should be given 2 votes in the GC's vote. Just a thought.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:26 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:I appreciate the kind words Greener, but I completely disagree with you. You and DW deserve spots on the GC. I wouldn't say anyone else "deserves" a spot without being voted in. Being a commish and running a franchise is not something that puts a person in a spot to make decisions for the betterment of the group. Pretty much anyone can run a franchise. More importantly, in the Madden 11 season, almost anyone willing to try running a franchise was given the chance at some point. By your logic, anyone who wants to be on the GC can just opt to run a franchise. What happens in Madden 12, when we have Minor franchises that run for 2 season (roughly 2 months)? Are we going to make all of those guys GC members too? They'll be running franchises so they should be right? Wrong. Just because a guy runs a franchise doesn't mean he should be making decisions that affect EVERYBODY. Point is, only guys who the community as a whole wants making decisions should be making decisions. Just because I do a good job running a franchise consisting of 32 guys, does not give me the right to make a decision over 200 guys. The other 168 guys might not think I have good things to say, or might not like what I wanna do. See what I'm saying?

Also, if you give every commish the power to be in the GC, you will be attracting the wrong type of guys to become commisioners.

EXACTLY....someone is going to PUSH...becoming a commish...just to get POWER......Whether some of you believe it or not....there are people that want in the GC...just for "Power" or what they think...is more "rights"
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:52 pm

great ideas..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:38 pm

well considering greener made the GC, i think it is his right as our leader to continue do what he sees fit for the GC, and the group as well. not saying im against a vote but just something to think about. but like i said i'm fine with a vote but since madden is starting to die down for this year i think it would be in everyone's best interest to hold the first annual elections before madden 12 arrives rather than right now. just my opinion though.

also greener regarding your statement, something along the lines of "no one wanted to be on the GC, i had to recruit people" is not evident regarding my case. i was the first to apply for GC membership back in early august, before madden 11 came out. i replied to your thread in a very timely manner. just for the record.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:58 pm

ezweightloss wrote:well considering greener made the GC, i think it is his right as our leader to continue do what he sees fit for the GC, and the group as well. not saying im against a vote but just something to think about. but like i said i'm fine with a vote but since madden is starting to die down for this year i think it would be in everyone's best interest to hold the first annual elections before madden 12 arrives rather than right now. just my opinion though.

also greener regarding your statement, something along the lines of "no one wanted to be on the GC, i had to recruit people" is not evident regarding my case. i was the first to apply for GC membership back in early august, before madden 11 came out. i replied to your thread in a very timely manner. just for the record.

Not saying this is something greener would do But theoretically EZ, by what you're saying, Greener could pick guys that will vote and do things the way he wants...which would destroy the credibility of the GC anyway. Again not saying that's what he would do, but that's what COULD happen. I personally don't think the "I created this group so I can appoint who I want" attitude is the right way to go if you're looking at the group's best interest.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:31 pm

ezweightloss wrote:well considering greener made the GC, i think it is his right as our leader to continue do what he sees fit for the GC, and the group as well. not saying im against a vote but just something to think about. but like i said i'm fine with a vote but since madden is starting to die down for this year i think it would be in everyone's best interest to hold the first annual elections before madden 12 arrives rather than right now. just my opinion though.

I'd say that when Greener made the GC he relinquished control of the group....and while he's still kind of a symbolic leader (think Queen of England **not calling Greener a Queen fyi **)...he's not really the leader...the GC is. He shouldn't be able to institute laws or rules without a majority consensus of the GC. Otherwise, whats the point of the GC?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:45 pm

no i was just throwing it out there.. i dont think nate would do something like that.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:56 pm

ezweightloss wrote:no i was just throwing it out there.. i dont think nate would do something like that.

Nor do I, at least I hope he wouldn't lol.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Delmas26 wrote:
Cheddah_Cheez wrote:I appreciate the kind words Greener, but I completely disagree with you. You and DW deserve spots on the GC. I wouldn't say anyone else "deserves" a spot without being voted in. Being a commish and running a franchise is not something that puts a person in a spot to make decisions for the betterment of the group. Pretty much anyone can run a franchise. More importantly, in the Madden 11 season, almost anyone willing to try running a franchise was given the chance at some point. By your logic, anyone who wants to be on the GC can just opt to run a franchise. What happens in Madden 12, when we have Minor franchises that run for 2 season (roughly 2 months)? Are we going to make all of those guys GC members too? They'll be running franchises so they should be right? Wrong. Just because a guy runs a franchise doesn't mean he should be making decisions that affect EVERYBODY. Point is, only guys who the community as a whole wants making decisions should be making decisions. Just because I do a good job running a franchise consisting of 32 guys, does not give me the right to make a decision over 200 guys. The other 168 guys might not think I have good things to say, or might not like what I wanna do. See what I'm saying?

EXACTLY....someone is going to PUSH...becoming a commish...just to get POWER......Whether some of you believe it or not....there are people that want in the GC...just for "Power" or what they think...is more "rights"

+1
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:01 pm

This is an entertaining thread! I wonder if everyone cares as much about how our lives are influenced by politics and government in real life... our freedom is under attack for real guys.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm

COsMiCTrAvO wrote:This is an entertaining thread! I wonder if everyone cares as much about how our lives are influenced by politics and government in real life... our freedom is under attack for real guys.

politics pisses me off. they are all a bunch a douches. lol

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:13 pm

COsMiCTrAvO wrote:This is an entertaining thread! I wonder if everyone cares as much about how our lives are influenced by politics and government in real life... our freedom is under attack for real guys.

That's what I've been trying to say, Cosmic! Finally somebody gets it. If the commissioners of the leagues on madden group are given free reign to make decisions about our ability as team owners - unchecked by the voice of the people - what will happen to democracy and the rule of law?

Wait..um..so... I mean...that is what you're saying, right?

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:15 pm

How so?

Personally, I believe that the freedoms of the citizens of this nation have been under attack since the industrial revolution and the rise of corporate powers. But I am curious about what you are referencing......
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:25 pm

I am absolutely very active politically Smile lol Without question.
I like to know exactly what the government is doing with my money, and my safety.

I went and saw 3 candidates speak live last Presidential election....

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:26 pm

sam22smith wrote:

How so?

Personally, I believe that the freedoms of the citizens of this nation have been under attack since the industrial revolution and the rise of corporate powers. But I am curious about what you are referencing......

Of course that's your contention. You're a first-year grad student; you just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to James Lemon. Then you're going to be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fuckin' education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library!

Last edited by mblammers on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:36 pm

mblammers wrote:
sam22smith wrote:

How so?

Of course that's your contention. You're a first-year grad student; you just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to James Lemon. Then you're going to be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fuckin' education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library!

You like Apples?
I got her number....
How you like 'dem apples?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:47 pm

mblammers wrote:
sam22smith wrote:

How so?

Great movie
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Um - no. Did someone tell you I am a grad student? I have an undergrad degree in finance which was primarily paid for by my company. I read on my own (not much anymore with career and kids) because I see no point in following a class through history and philosophy when I can do them at my own pace and with freedom.

And I don't subscribe to a "capitalism is evil" outlook and I don't subscribe to acedemia either.
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:

I'd say that when Greener made the GC he relinquished control of the group....and while he's still kind of a symbolic leader (think Queen of England **not calling Greener a Queen fyi **)...he's not really the leader...the GC is. He shouldn't be able to institute laws or rules without a majority consensus of the GC. Otherwise, whats the point of the GC?

thats exactly right - i gave upmy UNILATERAL AUTHROITY when I created the GC idea and i wasnt pushed into creating the GC - I DID IT BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING FOR THE MG - and every1 knows the GC does not go along with all my views - and i am ok with that...

but when the GC was created - guys were not knocking at my door to join (with a few exceptioons - EZ syays hge applied - i am sure its true - we could look up the old thread to find out the others - but it doesnt really matter...

as far as commishes being on the GC - if commishes are cool with being elected - i am cool with it - and maybe thats the right thing to do - i just dont think any1 who has not been a commish fully realizes the level of committment it takes to run a franchise - AND I APPREACIATE THESE EFFORTS FROM THE COMMISHES MORE THAN I COULD EVER EXPRESS - and my idea to make them GC is just "putting my money where my mouth is" - but if they are cool with election - so am i...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next