* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

This Must Stop!!!!!

+14
bjcole26
GREENERRRR
bigbuddah
COsMiCTrAvO
jmojsoski
Delmas26
ezweightloss
Mjkight
BiLlDoZeR_27
phantomshark
saastar
Fr8trainShane
surfnturf90
Child_Please4285
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This Must Stop!!!!! Empty This Must Stop!!!!!

Post by Child_Please4285 Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Ok the low directional punt need to be banned its completely unrealistic to punt the ball 35 yars and the get a 25 yard bounce. I've seen to many guys abuse this, enough is enough!

And for those who dont want to kick to a dangerous return man just kick it out of bounds or high to force a fair catch.
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

This Must Stop!!!!! Empty Re: This Must Stop!!!!!

Post by surfnturf90 Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:42 pm

ill +1 that

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:42 pm

surfnturf90 wrote:ill +1 that

+1 , I'm not a voting member, but you guys already have 2 votes between yourselves.
This is something that has to be put in.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:43 pm

glad 2 see im not alone
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:14 pm

i will admit i just starting doing this bc of the whole bs throw ups in the endzone to 6 ft plus wrs knowing good and damn well that they are going to come down the the td 90% of the time or better and its nearly unstoppable... so until douche bags stop doing the endzone fade bs i will never stop doing my lame bullet punt that i just started doing...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:14 pm

High directional punts still get returned, especially by people who like to cheese and control a blocker and knock off the gunner on the side of the punt, which by the way IS against the rules and line drive punting is not. So I kick line drives out of bounds vs people I'm afraid of, except with funny bounces it doesn't always go out of bounds, and if you get the aim off even a bit it's either a 15 yard punt or directly at the return man resulting in short punts with good returns. Oh, and if my way of punting is so 'cheesy' how is it in Surf I am averaging under 41 yards a punt, in cheese under 42, and in DW under 45. Yeah, sounds like someone really abusing the system. Enjoy your glass house. Have a few more stones.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:16 pm

or at the 1 yd line doing the qb sneak that is also 90% or better auto td... thats another bs move... i have never once did either of those.. i would rather run the ball in with my fb or hb or do an actual pass then an fade td or qb sneak td... both are lame...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:21 pm

saastar wrote:or at the 1 yd line doing the qb sneak that is also 90% or better auto td... thats another bs move... i have never once did either of those.. i would rather run the ball in with my fb or hb or do an actual pass then an fade td or qb sneak td... both are lame...

I had an endzone fade picked off today by Shlar..... and its not the first time.

Find me some video of any NFL team bullet punting.... and we can talk. They all punt high and out of bounds. It never rolls 20 yards out of bounds.... its unrealistic, and cheese.

I don't run the sneak, cuz I can never get in....lol. I always stop short.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:Ok the low directional punt need to be banned its completely unrealistic to punt the ball 35 yars and the get a 25 yard bounce. I've seen to many guys abuse this, enough is enough!

And for those who dont want to kick to a dangerous return man just kick it out of bounds or high to force a fair catch.

+1
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Thats 3 votes on the GC Smile
How many more can you get?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 pm

While fairly unrealistic it is no more cheesy then some other tactics mentioned in this thread. I dont bullet punt myself but its in the game and not really a glitch. I mean im not going to hate on a guy that bullet punts when the next guy throws nothing but fades or qb sneaks every play inside the two like a previous poster stated.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Mjkight wrote:While fairly unrealistic it is no more cheesy then some other tactics mentioned in this thread. I dont bullet punt myself but its in the game and not really a glitch. I mean im not going to hate on a guy that bullet punts when the next guy throws nothing but fades or qb sneaks every play inside the two like a previous poster stated.

+1

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
saastar wrote:or at the 1 yd line doing the qb sneak that is also 90% or better auto td... thats another bs move... i have never once did either of those.. i would rather run the ball in with my fb or hb or do an actual pass then an fade td or qb sneak td... both are lame...

I had an endzone fade picked off today by Shlar..... and its not the first time.

Find me some video of any NFL team bullet punting.... and we can talk. They all punt high and out of bounds. It never rolls 20 yards out of bounds.... its unrealistic, and cheese.

I don't run the sneak, cuz I can never get in....lol. I always stop short.

like i said 90% of the time fr8... that leaves 1 time out of 10... and i dont need video evidence... bc that fade and qb sneak is gay as hell... just get to the 1 or 2 yd line and throw it up to marshall, moss, roddy white, calvin johnson.. madden gives them the animation and defender has no chance except 1 time out of 10... then lets get to the 1 call qb sneak snap the ball fall straight down without the defense having an chance to defend it.... TD EVERY TIME.... fade td 90% of the time.... so i would rather bullet punt and give me better field position to guard then punt to someone who has chance to return punt...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:17 am

teams really do throw fades to moss, megatron, and marshall in real life..

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:32 am

lol i hope the defense to why it's not cheezy is because qb sneaks and goaline fades are cheezy as well lol

The logical thing to do is try to establish a rule if you think goaline fades and qb sneaks are cheezy not try to balance it out by doing cheezy bullet punts!

While i don't throw goaline fades i do see guys in the nfl throw goaline fades all the time to big WRs and i see qb sneaks in goaline situations all the time but i have never, not once seen a bullet punt!
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:16 am

yes cp i agree with yes u do see it.. but my question to u is how succesful is it in real life?? it damn sure aint 90% of the times... i have seen many goalline fades thrown in nfl gms and it gets knocked down or the defender can actually have an chance to jump to do something about it.... in madden that does not happen!! madden gives the wr the ability to turn around while ball is in air and jump up to get it... while the defender hardly can do anything about it... recently in an gm i played against ga_certfield and i know bj has done it to me and maybe fr8... they threw it up to like moss, fitz or calvin johnson and i would be on the defender and be smashing down on triangle to jump...... nothing happens... the defender just stands there while his wr is in air and comes down with ball uncontested... now with goaline qb sneaks in the nfl again u do see it but not at the success rate madden gives it.. i have seen it stopped plenty of times in real life.. the dline holds up and qb goes no where... in madden??? the qb snaps ball falls down straight forward uncontested without defense getting an shot to stop it no matter how u pinch the line or how many players u have right there by the center... auto td 90% of time or better....

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:58 am

i dont see how any of you can naturally defend against the bullet punt. If the bullet punt needs banned because its not "realistic" then so should field goal attempts over 58yards. We all know that will never be banned....because on rare occasion...an NFL kicker will try one...over or around there. You are playing with apples and oranges...im sure some of you that dont like the bullet punt...also go ahead and kick 60yarders with ease. Its the same exact bs....

Its just crap that the game included that frankly you cannot police or limit. I dont think Ive ever kicked a field goal over 57yards...but I do bullet punt on occasion. But, ive been beaten by guys who kick 60yard field goals as time expires...etc.

The rules don't need to be changed...on either. If you wanna bullet punt...bullet punt...I wont complain when you kick 60yarders....so don't complain to me...when I kick 1 out of 5 punts...bullet style.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:02 am

saastar wrote:yes cp i agree with yes u do see it.. but my question to u is how succesful is it in real life?? it damn sure aint 90% of the times... i have seen many goalline fades thrown in nfl gms and it gets knocked down or the defender can actually have an chance to jump to do something about it.... in madden that does not happen!! madden gives the wr the ability to turn around while ball is in air and jump up to get it... while the defender hardly can do anything about it... recently in an gm i played against ga_certfield and i know bj has done it to me and maybe fr8... they threw it up to like moss, fitz or calvin johnson and i would be on the defender and be smashing down on triangle to jump...... nothing happens... the defender just stands there while his wr is in air and comes down with ball uncontested... now with goaline qb sneaks in the nfl again u do see it but not at the success rate madden gives it.. i have seen it stopped plenty of times in real life.. the dline holds up and qb goes no where... in madden??? the qb snaps ball falls down straight forward uncontested without defense getting an shot to stop it no matter how u pinch the line or how many players u have right there by the center... auto td 90% of time or better....

While i agree the success rate is unbelievable, however, if you use that to justify your cause, then that means alot of things in madden should be banned.. For example, the rate at which ppl run man coverage. No way man coverage works as great in real life then it does on madden, but according to your quote above, it should be a rule against it because of the high success rate. just because these things have a high success rate does not mean they should be considered chesse or banned. And be you compensating for what you believe is chesse by bullet punting makes you absolutely no better than them.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:06 am

and on another note saastar, if you want to talk about realism... Madden has completely eliminated the goaline play action pass... This is impossible to run in madden, yet its the most deadliest thing to do on the goaline. So, how are the players suppose to compensate for this? the players only have to options left. Run or pass. We can't run trick opponents on the goalline due to maddens inability to capture the realism that takes place in the NFL
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Jmo and Delmas make good points. If you want true realism, then Madden has to fix things that are broken - play action needs to work better, man coverage needs to work worse, crossing routes need to be made easier to defend, long FG kicking needs to be made more difficult (hitting accuracy perfectly should not guarantee that the ball goes through, it should still depend at least somewhat on the kicking accuracy of the kicker). And tell me you've never been watching an NFL game and heard the announcers calling out a 'line-drive' punt (what we are calling a bullet punt on here), and how often the return man will wave the rest of the team away and let it bounce because he can't get there quickly enough to field it cleanly. That's our 'bullet' punt.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

This Must Stop!!!!! Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:53 pm

In real life I am a big fan of a goal line qb sneak. I wouldnt try it on madden unless it was inches, but then I will. I used to do the line drive punt thing but it didnt really work well for me and I just started kickin it high so I could maybe get a big hit and fumble. The low angle to try to pin em in the coffin corner is completely legit. I havent personallly seen the long bounce thing but I totally believe it must be a thing since y'all are agreeing on it.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm

lets just be real bullets punts are wack. u dont see punters averaging 60+ yards per punt. i sky punt to prevent a return and havent had a punt returned on me yea. thats realistic not 65 yard punts. this thread is about punting and nothing else bringing up what other ppl do is for a new thread but if yall wanna do something cheezy like bullet punts then if u bullet punt me ima RC straight up. cheeze for cheeze since u think your doing the bullet punts because u dont like what someone else does. thats cool. its not what sim ball is about but if yall wanna go tick for tack i guarantee my tack is bigger than your tick.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Mjkight wrote:While fairly unrealistic it is no more cheesy then some other tactics mentioned in this thread. I dont bullet punt myself but its in the game and not really a glitch. I mean im not going to hate on a guy that bullet punts when the next guy throws nothing but fades or qb sneaks every play inside the two like a previous poster stated.

here here mjkight well said
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Like I said, my best average in any of my 3 leages is under 45. My long in any league is 57. I line drive punt probably about 1 out of 3 punts, so therefore if it was so bad, I'd have some 65+s in there and be averaging over 50, right? And there are plenty of line drive punts with weird bounces in the NFL, every year it seems there's a 70 yard punt or 2 somewhere. Find something better to bitch about.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:38 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
here here mjkight well said

Maybe I find it funny that Greener agrees with this.
Since he can't follow his own sets of rules... Smile

Anyone play Greener lately?
Its a clear violation of Rule #1. Greener if you need me to link you to the MG rules so you can familiarize yourself with the 20% repetitive play calling rule...I'll be happy to.

Please take the time to review the rules, they are what keeps the MG valid, viable, competitive and fun. I'm sure you use your lobby tactics in other leagues, but we won't stand for that in the MG.

Thanks for listening, and reviewing our policies.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum