* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

This Must Stop!!!!!

+14
bjcole26
GREENERRRR
bigbuddah
COsMiCTrAvO
jmojsoski
Delmas26
ezweightloss
Mjkight
BiLlDoZeR_27
phantomshark
saastar
Fr8trainShane
surfnturf90
Child_Please4285
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This Must Stop!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: This Must Stop!!!!!

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:54 pm

phantomshark wrote:Like I said, my best average in any of my 3 leages is under 45. My long in any league is 57. I line drive punt probably about 1 out of 3 punts, so therefore if it was so bad, I'd have some 65+s in there and be averaging over 50, right? And there are plenty of line drive punts with weird bounces in the NFL, every year it seems there's a 70 yard punt or 2 somewhere. Find something better to bitch about.

you did it every punt in our game

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:03 pm

phantomshark wrote:Like I said, my best average in any of my 3 leages is under 45. My long in any league is 57. I line drive punt probably about 1 out of 3 punts, so therefore if it was so bad, I'd have some 65+s in there and be averaging over 50, right? And there are plenty of line drive punts with weird bounces in the NFL, every year it seems there's a 70 yard punt or 2 somewhere. Find something better to bitch about.

Its a difference if the punter in shanked the punt causing the weird bounce but triggering the same result over and over again is cheap and cheezy..u should admit that. Ea doesn't make accuracy matter when it comes to kicker so unless u jus miss the middle of the kic meter u won't see a shank and shanks go out of bounds. Be real with yourself

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:
here here mjkight well said

Maybe I find it funny that Greener agrees with this.
Since he can't follow his own sets of rules... Smile

Anyone play Greener lately?
Its a clear violation of Rule #1. Greener if you need me to link you to the MG rules so you can familiarize yourself with the 20% repetitive play calling rule...I'll be happy to.

Please take the time to review the rules, they are what keeps the MG valid, viable, competitive and fun. I'm sure you use your lobby tactics in other leagues, but we won't stand for that in the MG.

Thanks for listening, and reviewing our policies.

blow it out your ass fr8train...

i challenge any1 to show that i breach repetitve play calling rules - i play you twice a year AND YOU ARE YET TO COME UP WITH THE FOOTAGE OF ME BREAKING THE REPETIVE PLAY CALING RULE - and its not for a lack of tryn - u would love to get me on this rule - BUT U CANT BECAUSE I DONT BREAK THE RULE...

i KNOW U ARTE REFFERING TO MY power run formation - BUT I RUN 4-6 plays out of that series in EQUAL PROPORTIONS - they include - a BLAST, POWER O, INSIDE, GUT, POWER DIVE and the audible "run" play which is POWER RUN THROUGH THE 2 HOLE - each f these plays ARE SIMILAR - IN THE FACT THAT THEY ARE POWER RUN POLAYS - but they are different in their POINT OF ATTACK, 1st step by the RB, the pulling of Guards (or the lack there of), The motion of the lead blocker (or lack their of), The blocking angle of LEAD BLOCKER and the Blocking Angles of the offensive line...

Sure to your eye -MAYBE YOU CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE- but that doesnt mean their isnt a difference!!!!! If you need me to hold your hand and walk your through how these plays differ - i GLADLY WILL - but the point is THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!!! learn to tell the difference between plays beforee you come on here with obscene retorect

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Is a qb sneak on 3rd or 4th and inches not sim? In the real NFL this happens all the time... In Madden, i have done that too.. However, against CP, i will NEVER do another qb sneak... He has stopped last 2.

Samething with endzone fade... I tried it once against CP... Play was almost instant pick for him but his guy dropped it.. Never tried it again.. However in the real NFL, I see Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall and T.O. (top 3 wr all time) have fades throw all the time... why..because they are matched up vs 6'0 are under dbs
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:15 pm

I don't directional punt but I also don't really care. I like the rules that we have in place but I don't want to see that list get too long.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:17 pm

bjcole26 wrote:Is a qb sneak on 3rd or 4th and inches not sim? In the real NFL this happens all the time... In Madden, i have done that too.. However, against CP, i will NEVER do another qb sneak... He has stopped last 2.

Samething with endzone fade... I tried it once against CP... Play was almost instant pick for him but his guy dropped it.. Never tried it again.. However in the real NFL, I see Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall and T.O. (top 3 wr all time) have fades throw all the time... why..because they are matched up vs 6'0 are under dbs

qb sneak - nothing wrong with this..
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:43 pm

my offense and defense will soon consist of 8 plays as well since we're narrowing down how lame we all can possibly play without technically breaking rules.

1. qb sneak
2. full back dive
3. toss
4. goaline fade
5. pa mesh
6. 4 verticals
7. cover 1
8. bullet punt

if i play keep away and abuse the accel clock, i will be able to run the same set of 4 plays just over the alotted % to keep myself from breaching any rule. i can always rely on an 80 yard bullet punt to bail me out of trouble should my RB not stumble forward far enough. now that i've precisely calculated each play call i can essentially fuck my opponent out of having an enjoyable, or even realistic nfl-type experience as he will be watching the same mix of 4 plays all the way down the field.

i was thinking of adding the insta-scramble...better yet, the QB sling shot nascar speed drift for a sure 5 yards.

the grey area is so much fun to play in.

in all seriousness, i could also user catch a 20 yard flag route 90% of the time and there is nothing most people could do to stop it. would i do that? absolutely not, because at the end of the day for me...the game is about friendly competition. repeating the same tactic over and over because RB animations or WR fades favor the abilities of the coded AI to generate proper animations over a defense is just pathetic and by no means respectable.

there is no weight, physics, strength, or momentum...so we really aren't in total control of what happens after the ball is snapped other than what we user thanks to a lack of consecutive hit tackles and canned animations. sure you may call the perfect pass D to defend the sideline pass, but CP could user catch over you ANY TIME if he really wanted. he doesn't, he mixes his game up. i could run iso's all game with beanie wells and EASILY get consecutive 1st downs all game if i wanted, but i'll opt to give my opp a variety of different plays to defend and split the carries with my backs. is abusing the repetition of these plays really fun to you guys who are in favor of these things?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:46 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
bjcole26 wrote:Is a qb sneak on 3rd or 4th and inches not sim? In the real NFL this happens all the time... In Madden, i have done that too.. However, against CP, i will NEVER do another qb sneak... He has stopped last 2.

That Qb sneak is a load of crap. There is virtually nothing that you can do it stop it. But it's not like I am seeing it every 3rd or 4th and short that somebody has. But if I started seeing it that much then I might get a little heated.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:49 pm

jmojsoski wrote:and on another note saastar, if you want to talk about realism... Madden has completely eliminated the goaline play action pass... This is impossible to run in madden, yet its the most deadliest thing to do on the goaline. So, how are the players suppose to compensate for this? the players only have to options left. Run or pass. We can't run trick opponents on the goalline due to maddens inability to capture the realism that takes place in the NFL

jmo i dont know about u but i have had goaline pa work an decent amount.. so i wont say it has been eliminated..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Your probaly 5 out of how many members?
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:03 pm

QB sneak is actually extremely stoppable. Run a 4 man front, pinch the line, crash in, user an LB in between the two DT's and you can stop it a good 75% of the time.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:03 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:
i could run iso's all game with beanie wells and EASILY get consecutive 1st downs all game if i wanted, but i'll opt to give my opp a variety of different plays to defend and split the carries with my backs. is abusing the repetition of these plays really fun to you guys who are in favor of these things?
\\\

i highjly doubt you could run that play EXCLUSIVELY and be succesful vs and player with half a clue...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:07 pm

BiLlDoZeR_27 wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:

That Qb sneak is a load of crap. There is virtually nothing that you can do it stop it. But it's not like I am seeing it every 3rd or 4th and short that somebody has. But if I started seeing it that much then I might get a little heated.

the qb sneak is absolutely STOPPABLE - BUT IS A HIGH % PLAY IN SHORT YARDAGE - and there is a reason fro its a hiogh % success - BE3CAUSE IN 4TH ADN INCHES - ITS HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL IN THE NFL - i would sayt that the # of times i have stoped QB sneaks on 4th and inches is about the same as the amount as it happens in real life... BUT i would like to see QB hurt and fum,ble occasionally on that play - TS A RISKY PLAY in that regard - the qb has to MAKE THE SNAP - AND GET 2 HANDS ON THE BALL - all the DLINE gnerally knows its coming and POUNDS A GAP...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Against some players I will never do it. Against a few players I will always do it. Against the rest, it's situational. Again, the main goal of the kick, which NFL teams practice, is one bounce forwards and out of bounds. Don't wanna land it out of bounds as that gives up too much field position, don't wanna leave it too far in field of play because that can lead to a big return. If you miss the accuracy by more than a smidge, something bad WILL happen, so it's certainly not risk free. The main goal is a 40 yard net, if I could be close to that I'd be happy. If there was a way to achieve this with more elevation and make people happy I would, but Madden has made it that the only way to get more distance is to lower the trajectory. If you kick a normal trajectory kick to the sidelines, you are lucky to get 30 yards out of it without wind help, because it's a minimum 23 yards to the closest sideline from the kicker.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:34 pm

Wrong Phantom i never move the arrow up or down on punts and that bitch travels 45-50 yards and yes i still punt to people cause i like the challenge of stopping it, so im either dumb or not a pussy!
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:40 pm

As far as qb sneak i think ive called in once on madden 11 and i actually hit the qb once before he could even get( iwas expecting it all the way)
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:48 pm

MoWarrior79 wrote:Wrong Phantom i never move the arrow up or down on punts and that bitch travels 45-50 yards and yes i still punt to people cause i like the challenge of stopping it, so im either dumb or not a pussy!

Yes, it'll travel 45-50 yards. My point is, your punter is a minimum of 23 yards from the sideline, so that's less distance down the field if you are trying to angle it.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:20 am

MoWarrior79 wrote:Wrong Phantom i never move the arrow up or down on punts and that bitch travels 45-50 yards and yes i still punt to people cause i like the challenge of stopping it, so im either dumb or not a pussy!

lol no offense Mo but in our last game i would say u was dumb.. took that punt back to the house bitch!!! game winner with devin hester.... lol just messing with u man...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 am

but in all seriousness i have only really done that bullet punt in my last couple of gms here and there... i have no problem punting to people.. bc i think i have only had maybe 1 or 2 people tops in the mg return an kick or punt return on me to the house... and those to people where FF and shlarman.... but i just really hate the lame fades and qb sneaks... so if i see one of those im going to bullet punt the rest of the gm.. or if my opponent happens to return 1 to the house then i will start bullet punting.... i dont start out doing it.. only when lame stuff happens...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:56 am

lol

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

This Must Stop!!!!! - Page 2 Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:11 am

There's a lot of love in here! Very Happy
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by txboy05 Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm

theres just too much shit that guys do to even complain about, thats why i just stopped complaining.

1. cause theres too many ppl that do the shit u complain about

2. commishs' are some of those ppl so it aint changing anyway

3. ppl give bs excuses to why they do it in the first place (saastar punk ass) how u gonna do a cheesy punt because u cant play defense...smmfh

4. i posted about this punting thing a long tme ago so it aint gonna change notice rule #2
txboy05
txboy05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2