* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

MG player % breadown, where do you stand?

+4
jmojsoski
GREENERRRR
Fr8trainShane
falconfansince81
8 posters

Go down

MG player % breadown, where do you stand? Empty MG player % breadown, where do you stand?

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:19 pm

in light of the recent run-pass % debate i went through and listed the ratios of most active MG members (whos on an XFL team) so we know where we all stand. i think in order to be fair, we should all be striving to achieve nothing higher than a 65-35 ratio whether it be run or pass heavy. if you see you are too high in one area, maybe its time to reconsider mixing in some more runs/passes in building a better dimension to your game. the goal of MG is to replicate a realistic game of football, which not only creates a better gaming experience, but will certainly make your offense even more diverse and less predictable.

bigbuddah - RUN (43%) PASS (57%) win% - .741 [23-8]
shlarman - RUN (47%) PASS (53%) win% - .500 [14-14]
fr8trainshane - RUN (26%) PASS (74%) win% - .321 [9-19]
mr.rajesh - RUN (36%) PASS (64%) win% - .250 [6-18]
jmojsoski - RUN (35%) PASS (65%) win% - .875 [14-2]
samsmith22 - RUN (38%) PASS (62%) win% - .571 [8-6]
txboy05 - RUN (51%) PASS (49%) win% - .666 [20-10]
mblammers - RUN (37%) PASS (63%) win% - .466 [7-8]
mowarrior - RUN (38%) PASS (62%) win% - .478 [11-12]
delmas26 - RUN (40%) PASS (60%) win% - .500 [7-7]
ezweightloss - RUN (42%) PASS (58%) win% - .444 [12-15]
childplease - RUN (34%) PASS (66%) win% - .666 [18-9]
falconfansince81 - RUN (43%) PASS (57%) win% - .909 [40-4]
bjcole - RUN (40%) PASS (60%) win% - .727 [32-12]
schloer - RUN (46%) PASS (54%) win% - .741 [23-8]
billdozer - RUN (40%) PASS (60%) win% - .357 [10-18]
greenerrr - RUN (70%) PASS (30%) win% - .666 [20-10]
cheddah - RUN (40%) PASS (60%) win% - .607 [17-11]
phantomshark - RUN (32%) PASS (68%) win% .592 [16-11]
surfnturf - RUN (39%) PASS (61%) win% - .827 [24-5]
ga_certified - RUN (26%) PASS (74%) win% - .222 [6-21]
gvilla - RUN (30%) PASS (70%) win% - .214 [6-22]
str8coach - RUN (42%) PASS (58%) win% - .821 [23-5]
slickmonkyz - RUN (38%) PASS (62%) win% - .500 [2-2]
rui_f - RUN (29%) PASS (71%) win% - .400 [6-9]
saastar - RUN (42%) PASS (58%) win% - .488 [21-22]
mcnair2wychec - RUN (38%) PASS (62%) win% - .625 [10-5-1]
mjkight - RUN (35%) PASS (65%) win% - .666 [14-7]
cosmictravo - RUN (40%) PASS (60%) win% - .400 [2-3]
tallmiget - RUN (41%) PASS (59%) win% - .541 [13-11]
mustangman - RUN (48%) PASS (52%) win% .461 [6-7]

if i missed anyone i apologize, i didn't include games where an owner took over halfway through or in deathwishes case he's been on vacation. you can see there are some people who stray off the NFL average but it can be expected to see a pass inflation when playing from behind a lot based on that persons average record. since 2009 the NFL average is 44% run 56% pass. not trying to make a statement here, i just like stats and maybe some people can see where they need to balance themselves more at to acheive a more realistic ratio. as CP said...if we're going to criticize greeners ratio and ask him to adjust, its only fair to point out the people on the other side of the spectrum.

i will be adding the players overall record to see if a 'playing from behind' issue is impacting these %'s.

Last edited by falconfansince81 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

MG player % breadown, where do you stand? Empty Re: MG player % breadown, where do you stand?

Post by Fr8trainShane Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:56 pm

I expected to have a little higher Run %, but I'm often playing from behind, so it doesn't surprise me.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

MG player % breadown, where do you stand? Empty Re: MG player % breadown, where do you stand?

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:30 pm

well - well - well.... i am noit even at the extreme of thetreshold - so why dont you guys get on tyhe players that pass at a higher % thnan i run?

In fact i would challenge that these % are even far worse - because the MINIMAL run plays that these players have who pass to the extreme are often end of the half or game GRATUITOUS RUNS... or are short yardgae qb sneaks (which truely you cant count as a legitimate run that is part of the game play...

so until these other players bring up there run % - I DONT WANNA HEAR A WORD ABOUT MINE!!!! In this regard CP is is so bang on with his post!!!!

and for the record - i will re-iterate - i only run HEAVY when guys show they cant stop the run - iF I AM BEING SUCCESSFUL WITH THE THE RUN and i am wining the game by running the ball - I AM NOT GONNA CHANGE THINGS UP JUST FOR THE SAKE OF PASSING!!!! I will continue to run until u can show u can stop the run consistantly - when you do this i will change my strategy - so ultimately its NOT ME WHO DECIDES HOW MUCH I RUN - its the defense and their ability to stop the run which dictates this!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Simple philopshy for success in football...

1) PLAY GOOD DEFENSE (which i am always in te top 5 as a defender or at least top 10)

2) RUN the ball well -no doubt on this - i am alwys # here...

3) Control the clock - it goes hand in hand with running the ball - success running the ball means u control the clock...

4) Minimize turnovers - i havent looked but i think i turnover the ball very lil compared tomy peers in the MG...

If you do these things - u will win more ames than u lose
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:55 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:Simple philopshy for success in football...

1) PLAY GOOD DEFENSE (which i am always in te top 5 as a defender or at least top 10)

3) Control the clock - it goes hand in hand with running the ball - success running the ball means u control the clock...

4) Minimize turnovers - i havent looked but i think i turnover the ball very lil compared tomy peers in the MG...

you will win games, but no rings unfortunately...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:21 pm

jmojsoski wrote:

+1 and totally eliminate the fun factor. madden is obv greeners job, since he spends so much time trying to defend his unsim philosophy and point the finger at others. he actually thinks hes good or something, or that his animation battles equate a deeper knowledge of football. he couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it. in the NFL there is momentum, consecutive hit tackles, mike blitz calls, zone blocking, stunts (that work), and other means necessary to stop a run (which is why we should be striving for around the 59% passing mark).

in madden, its one animation at a time...either you stumble forward or get stopped. with your power packs you stumble forward more times that not giving the pseudo illusion of an efficient run game, when really your just banking off the animations for a power back. YOUR STILL UNSIM. your still not even close the the NFL standard 59% pass, and the guys at 70% are still closer to that spectrum...i'll be posting the win % as well next to everyone as well.

again, i do agree so guy need a add some more running to their game which i'm sure they'd be more than willing to do. take saastar for example, he used to NEVER run the ball until he learned some techniques and now hes hitting good %'s and winning more games.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 pm

60-40. I'm the fuckin shit.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:47 pm

BiLlDoZeR_27 wrote:60-40. I'm the fuckin shit.

that's unsim dude, anything over 39% run is too much

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 pm

surfnturf90 wrote:
BiLlDoZeR_27 wrote:60-40. I'm the fuckin shit.

that's unsim dude, anything over 39% run is too much

Lmao. Yea I guess I better bring that down a bit.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:
jmojsoski wrote:

+1 and totally eliminate the fun factor. madden is obv greeners job, since he spends so much time trying to defend his unsim philosophy and point the finger at others. he actually thinks hes good or something, or that his animation battles equate a deeper knowledge of football. he couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it. in the NFL there is momentum, consecutive hit tackles, mike blitz calls, zone blocking, stunts (that work), and other means necessary to stop a run (which is why we should be striving for around the 59% passing mark).

in madden, its one animation at a time...either you stumble forward or get stopped. with your power packs you stumble forward more times that not giving the pseudo illusion of an efficient run game, when really your just banking off the animations for a power back. YOUR STILL UNSIM. your still not even close the the NFL standard 59% pass, and the guys at 70% are still closer to that spectrum...i'll be posting the win % as well next to everyone as well.

again, i do agree so guy need a add some more running to their game which i'm sure they'd be more than willing to do. take saastar for example, he used to NEVER run the ball until he learned some techniques and now hes hitting good %'s and winning more games.

here we go again with FF nd his STUMBLE FORWARD ANIMATION - and i suppose CJ HAS A FLEET OF FOOT ANIMATION? LOL power RB stumble forward because of their size, momentum and thats influenced by the size,strenth,hp and momentum of tackler - sorry with all the SPD LBs and SAFETIES that guys are so fond of drafting - when i run MICHEAL TURNER and his less than 6 foot244 pound frame at these wimpy spd TACKLERS - he is going to do nothing but fall forward - and thats the decision the defense has to live with - if you want to keep up with the SPD PLayers - than POWER RUN GUYS will have an advanatge over you - i dodnt understand hoiw u cant see that...

secondly - MAYBE OFFENSIVE LINE ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING - and the resources i have dedicated to this position are a BENEFIT that you overlooked - so when my OLINE GETS OUT ON YOUR DEFENDERS - i dont wanna here anything about a SUCTION BLOCK - maybe thats what JEFF SATURDAY IS SUPPOSE TO DO - go out and block guys nd more times than not a quality player like him executes his assignment perfectly!!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:32 pm

no its not. its an animation generated by an algorithm based off the truck attribute. there are no consecutive hit tackles aside from when protak engages, and players like copeland who are 5'7 can push an entire dline backwards. once again, your theory on weight and size meaning something are merely a case of producing the stumble animation more consistaently. CJ will get the auto-stiff arm more, just like other elusive backs. there are only two running styles and sets of animations for each one, just as there are specific sets of catch animations for the two different WR types and one set for QBs since every QB in madden throws exactly the same. your basing this off your opinion, and not programming facts based on the animation engines EA has used for years. makes as much sense as paying 1,000 a month for the same broadband service i receive.

its also clear you have no idea what a suction block is, or what it means...therefor nullifying any legit statement you can make to back up your claims. i can post video evidence to back my theories, in fact here is a suction block so you can understand how the game forces its animations to play out.

and for the record, i still put up better yards per carry than you. have a better completion percentage, qb rating, and a far better win % with 70 overall olines.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

MG player % breadown, where do you stand? Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Yeah me too Billy! 60-40 baby! hehehehe
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:33 pm

COsMiCTrAvO wrote:Yeah me too Billy! 60-40 baby! hehehehe

Hey I'm happy with my 40% rushing. It has me over 500 yards rushing in 5 games in Dw this season Smile
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:44 pm

glad to see you getting some success on the ground billy
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:13 pm

falcon that video looks pretty legit to me, that was clearly just a case of having drafted a good oline who know how to execute their blocking assignments. Ferguson threatened to sit on the defender if he didnt come over there and let himself get blocked.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:37 pm

surfnturf90 wrote:falcon that video looks pretty legit to me, that was clearly just a case of having drafted a good oline who know how to execute their blocking assignments. Ferguson threatened to sit on the defender if he didnt come over there and let himself get blocked.

hahahahah....oh man, that one cracked me up...100% SIM
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:03 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:

and for the record, i still put up better yards per carry than you. have a better completion percentage, qb rating, and a far better win % with 70 overall olines.

i 100% freely admit that you are a better player than me - and i congradulate you on that fact... but i dont believe your analysis in regards to animations and the effectiveness of the OLINE
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:28 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:

i 100% freely admit that you are a better player than me - and i congradulate you on that fact... but i dont believe your analysis in regards to animations and the effectiveness of the OLINE

its not a pissing contest either, its just relative to a normal ratio. some people need to run a little more, some people need to pass a little more...i don't care what you believe in terms of oline play i'm well aware of the programming structure of the game so thats all you chief. the thing is, and what i've tried telling you...is that you COULD be twice as good if just took the time to open up a little more.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

MG player % breadown, where do you stand? Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:32 pm

BiLlDoZeR_27 wrote:
COsMiCTrAvO wrote:Yeah me too Billy! 60-40 baby! hehehehe

Hey I'm happy with my 40% rushing. It has me over 500 yards rushing in 5 games in Dw this season Smile

I wasn't being sarcastic! I wish I could be more like 60-40 run heavy.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Damn I thought my win % was higher than that but maybe that's my 3 leagues...gotta work on that..thought I was in the 80's..so disappointing

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down