* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Draft picks are overrated

5 posters

Go down

Draft picks are overrated Empty Draft picks are overrated

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:46 am

I believe this to be true in the real NFL and I've found this to be true in Madden as well. Look at the following picks I've traded straight up in Surf to get good quality players:

Traded a late first for Aqib Talib: 92 Ovr CB

Traded late 2nd/ late 3rd for Dexter Mccluster: Now an 88 Ovr WR, 93 spd, 99 acc

Traded a late 1st for Paul Posluzny: 91 OVR LB

Traded late 2nd for Jerry Hughes: 81 Ovr DE 83 spd, 97 acc.

None of these players are old enough to regress before the franchise concludes and all are, in my opinion, better than who I would have gotten with the picks. Even if a late first rounder eventually progressed into the 90's, the guys I got in the trades were already there to begin with.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Draft picks are overrated Empty Re: Draft picks are overrated

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:58 am

McCluster really isn't all that impressive in this game, except on returns.... in my opinion. He's Eddie Royal.... and thats not a good comparison.

Posluzny.....are you serious? He's freakly slow as hell for a MLB....76 speed? Jesus, I'd rather get a D pot 80 spd guy in the 5th round....He's SLLLLOW, certainly not worth a first by any stretch of the imagination.

by comparison, I drafted Taue'etia, 95 speed, B pot, 72 over.....in the 1st round....who is far and way light years superior to Posluzny....Hell, I've got an F pot, 85 speed guy in Rodney Williams, that I would use before Posluzny....

Jerry Hughes, is a Left End, with a pathetic 59 Blockshed rating... seriously? He's got good speed, but he'll never get off the block to use it.

OVR and Potential are the worst possible ratings to look at on players.... Because it takes into account things that don't matter to the position.
Look at Brandon Boutte, one of the best RBs in teh game...82 ovr, B Pot.... absolutely stud. He's got the ratings where it matters... 97 Spd, 99 Agi, 99 ACC, 90 ELU, 96 Car. 96 jkm

I think you are way off on your determination here....

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 am

my picks always suck in the high 20's low 30's range so i usually trade them for one good player, but i still find good starters in the 3rd and 4th round. i see people are still just sorting by overall and speed and that leaves plenty good backups for me.

this year in surf i traded my 1st and 2nd picks (30 ovr) for devin mccourty, there was just no way i'd get a player of his value with my pick. by the time i saw there i was at when my first came around my best option was either a fast WR who wouldn't catch but maybe progress in 5 seasons or a kicker.

but in regards to an overrated quality, i would say yes...in CERTAIN positions...but i found a few good players in late rounds and with a trade landed brian langford (poor mans jamaal charles) 95spd 99acc 99spin 85 carry RB.

in the late 3rd round i found a B pot OLB that was 73 overall...just sitting there, because he only has 75 speed. really?? this guy would make a VERY versitile LE, cause despite his meager 75 speed he has 96 accel, 91 block shed, 80 tackle, 88 pursuit, 60 man, 70 zone, plus he's 6'5. how is he picked after 50 ovr speed wrs??

in the 4th round i'm usually picking oline to dump after the draft, but saw a guy i was considering taking with billy's 2nd...WR Holmes Kouandjio. granted, he's no starter but with 84 speed, 82 rte, 86 cit i'll use him as a 4th wr...if theres anything overrated in this game its short, fast wr's who can't catch...

the best part about drafts is the FA sniping session though afterwards, i've landed some real potential stars this year like peyton manning and jon beason people are throwing in the garbage for some reason (yes that rhymed).
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Haha I know you didn't get Manning cuz he never got dropped
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:04 pm

picks are overrated for me because im always draftingin the high 20's so pointless but to other ppl they are gold. their are players here that with picks in 2 season they are just undenyable. it all depends on where u draft at

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down