* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

MG UNIVERSAL SIM Rules being reviewed...

3 posters

Go down

MG UNIVERSAL SIM Rules being reviewed... Empty MG UNIVERSAL SIM Rules being reviewed...

Post by GREENERRRR Sun May 01, 2011 3:14 pm

I thought now would be an appropriate time to review our exiusting rules - make changes as required... Of course we can make any new rules as needed and improved by GC - but there are a few rules on the books that were applicable to MADDEN 10 and are no longer applicable to MADDEN 11 - it is appropriate we tidy up the rules and illiminate these rules...

specifically:

5) No HB direct snaps out of shot-gun formation ... wildcats r permitted!!! but r subject to the 20% play call restriction like every other play

14) U can run the 1-5-5 as much as u want when its 3rd or 4th and 6 yards (or more to a 1st down) - (i.e passing situations) - in addition u can use the 1-5-5 IN 3 OTHER SITUATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE 1 LISTED ABOVE in the entire game...

28) when a player challenges a play - DO NOT HIT ANY BUTTTONS - let the the replays play through - pushn X causes the replay challenge to fail...

There is a poll set up now for GC members to vote now - there is another thread in place to go over other rules which may need to be amended for MADDEN 12 - but clearly these 3 needed to be abolished now - and are absolute no brainers...

ALL GC members pls record your vote ASAP and make your thoughts be known about our current rules - there is always room for improvement... Although i do concede that we will need to have a similar analysis once we have known MADDEN 12 better - possiibly 3 weeks after realease....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

MG UNIVERSAL SIM Rules being reviewed... Empty Re: MG UNIVERSAL SIM Rules being reviewed...

Post by GREENERRRR Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am

GC pls vote - its been 20 hours and i hve been the single person who has recorded their vote - pls take the time and vote YES or NO - we ar nopt deciding on anything huge, it will only tae 30 seconds of your time...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

MG UNIVERSAL SIM Rules being reviewed... Empty Re: MG UNIVERSAL SIM Rules being reviewed...

Post by falconfansince81 Mon May 02, 2011 11:35 am

is this for m11 or 12? with the new glitches every year the rules should probably be revised after patch 1.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon May 02, 2011 12:15 pm

is this for m11 or 12? with the new glitches every year the rules should probably be revised after patch 1.

these would be my rule changes for 11 going into 12...condensed, i also removed a few to focus more on the problem areas. that list was getting pretty long and i don't think new members even read it over.

1). No single play or same type of play in a different formation can compose no more than 20% of your play calls, on defense its the EXACT play that must fall under 20%.

2). If you are on your side of the 50 yard line you must punt the ball unless you are losing by 3+ scores or 1 score in the fourth. Certain situations will call for you to go for it on fourth outside this generic rule...just use your best logical interpretation of what an NFL coach would do on sunday.

3). If you schedule a specific time for a game - message the commish with the playing time, if your opponent is a 'no-show`(after 15 minutes of the agreed time) - message the commish explaining he isn't around (this is time stamped) to award you an optional CPU game or substitute player.

4). All trades must be posted on lg website

5). No player is allowed to do more than 8 transactions in a row.

6). Do not run up the score unnecessarily

7). You can manually move (joystick move) 1 player that rushes the QB - U can shift as many pass rushers u want using the `shift` system with L1 or R1 so long as its not back n forth to create the 'LB shake glitch' which puts players at full acceleration pre snap.

Cool. Do not line up directly behind or off center of a DT or DE to abuse the procedural awareness of the oline.

9). Before the snap - you cannot move a defensive lineman around like he is a LB except when your opponent is lined up in a punt formation and you suspect that he is faking the punt (with a run) - u can move him into a better position to make a play on this fake.

10). You cannot bring an extra blocker back on punts.

11). If a player INADVERTENTLY loses a connection in the game you can:
A) restart from scratch if the person with the lead chooses so
B) create the score and time - if d/c occured in second half you can also just play 1 half
C) reschedule the game with above said options

12). Do not go out of bounds then back in to make the catch, or zig zag catch around the defenders:

13). Do not auto sprint with the QB to the sidelines for cheesy pass angles, unless its a designed roll out step up in the pocket and throw. if you don't have the pocket presence to do this try running more.

14). The Inside out Kick Return is BANNED!

Discription of the Iniside Out Kick Return (IOR): The returner angles away from his called sdeline return for the 1st dozen steps (towards the middle of the field) -THE RETURNER THAN REVERSES HIS FIELD AND RUNS PARALLELL TO THE LINE OF SCRIMAGE to the out-side (sometimes slightly backwards) FOR 6-8 STEPS - for whatever reason the AI of the coverage team - runs with an angle of pursuit to attack his initial first 12 steps (because he does such an abrupt change to his return angle, all the coverage guys are not in place to make a play).

15). You must ALWAYS rush at least 3 defenders. D-Lineman in "contain" are considered rushers. If you want to spy, you still need 3 rushers.

16). You MAY NOT line up RBs/TEs in any WR depth chart spot above wr#4. The top 3 spots MUST be WRs. This is to avoid the play screen problems. Those that wish to split out TEs and RBs may do so using motion.

17). Home Team has choice of jerseys, away team must wear white if home chooses dark and vice versa.

**to further clarify such rules as the qb insta-sprint, IOR return, procedural awareness/moving multiple defenders nano, and a couple others refer to this short video

falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon May 02, 2011 1:00 pm

for the record every new member i bring into the MG recieves a PSN message explaining how important it is for them to follow the rules - i explain that these rules are not open for debate and have worled well for us.... i then send them an email with the rules listed SO THEY CAN PRINT A HARD COPY (and i tell them to do this so they can have easy aceess to the rules while they play) - i than send another email with links helping them to learn to navigate the MG website - and one of those LINKS is to the VIDEO you created around rules - I FIND THIS MOST VALUABLE TOOL - in fact it would be great if you could create more videos to PHYSICALLY SHOW PEOPLE what constitues breaking a rule - the IOR video you have is the perfect example -= i can explain the IOR return in prose as bet as i can - but its rare that any1 actually catches on UNTIL THEY SEE YOUR VIDEO - and when they do its like "ohhhhh ok - i have seen that b4 against me!!!! I understand why the IOR should be bannned!!!" - pictiure worth a thousan words and FF videos are worth a MILLION!

bro - LETS take things 1 at a time - your intentions are great - but we need to have structure to these debates and ultimately GC votes - when we add topics to the discussion that are not even relevent to what is being proposed, it distracts from the issues hat are on the table...

i think we should review all rules now and after patch 1 in Madden 12 - but for the sake of this vote - i only reffered to the 3 OBVIOUS rules listed - nothing controversal at all... and IMO abolishing them should be rubber stamped through the GC...

the rules i mentioned are absolute no brainers IMO - and they literally should just be swept off the books from a common sense perspective - but out of respect fro the GC and its function i created the trhread here and in the Commissioners section to vote on....

it would be great though if u could give someinsight to whY THE hb DIRECT SNAP RULE WAS ORIGINALLY ON BOOKS - I know it made perfect sense to have the rule in Madden 10 -and u explained it to me back than - but can remember the details - perhaps u can give the MG a brief outline as to why we had this rule on the books iun the first place... which will ultimately lead to why its now absolete and can be abolished...

Of course we consider all GC suggestions - but i think you should make a thread seperate and apart for your suggestions... - just so we dont convulude the topics at hand which have no controversy attactched to them and should pass the GC easily,,, - also - its helpful to show the existing rule - and how u propose to ammend it underneathe (see my post in the thread below as an example....) - that way MG and GC members see exactly how your rule suggestioin differentiates from the status quo.....

btw -i like the unform rule u suggested - i would definitely categorizetht as a NO BRAINER AS WELL...

Template i used to suggest rule changes is listed inthe link below...- just copy the EXISTING RULES - and underneathe make your suggested rule change in BOLD - it may seem like a lengthy post - but i am sure you wont be suggesting to ammend every rule, so rules without BOLD underneathe them can be easily skipped over and your intention directed to the the section of the rules you are adddressing...- this allows members to clearly see how the changes you are suggesting impact how things are currentlydone under our existing rules... (i have a few minutes FF - i will strt a new thread for you - and copy and paste youyr suggested rules in that format...

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com/t5080-rules-reviewed-for-2012
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Mon May 02, 2011 1:34 pm

of the 3 you mentioned, I noticed the 1-5-5.....so that play can be run as often as someone likes? Is that what you are proposing? I don't run it, but isn't that the most abused D in the game? or am I way off?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon May 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:of the 3 you mentioned, I noticed the 1-5-5.....so that play can be run as often as someone likes? Is that what you are proposing? I don't run it, but isn't that the most abused D in the game? or am I way off?

1-5-5 is most abused D in the game? Thats the first i have heard of that... the 1-5- is very easy to run against -LIKE IT SHOULD BE - this rule was put in place last year beause this nickel formation when you blitzed) - WAS AHUGE RUN STOPPER - when UNTUTIVELY it shoud be SWISS CHZ to run against (maning all kinds of holes) - i dont see many guys running it this year - than again it would be dumb to run it vs me because i run the ball a lot - so speak up if i am missing something here!

Thats why we hav this processs - from my perspective the rule seems outdated - but perhaps there is a NEW REASON to have this rule that is different from our original intent - curious to hear what some of the pass first guys think...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
1-5-5 is most abused D in the game? Thats the first i have heard of that... the 1-5- is very easy to run against -LIKE IT SHOULD BE - this rule was put in place last year beause this nickel formation when you blitzed) - WAS AHUGE RUN STOPPER - when UNTUTIVELY it shoud be SWISS CHZ to run against (maning all kinds of holes) - i dont see many guys running it this year - than again it would be dumb to run it vs me because i run the ball a lot - so speak up if i am missing something here!

Thats why we hav this processs - from my perspective the rule seems outdated - but perhaps there is a NEW REASON to have this rule that is different from our original intent - curious to hear what some of the pass first guys think...

I honestly don't know. I saw the rule and never ran it lol. Not even a single time. I thought I had heard somewhere that it was the most abused D in the game. I honestly don't know if it is or isn't, as I never ran it simply because I thought it was for the most part outlawed.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon May 02, 2011 3:44 pm

well the reason i trimmed up some of the rules is frankly i think we have too many, and that can be a bad thing. i got rid of some like the 155 rule since u can no huddle iso it (i did this up 3 scores to a guy in greener 1 since he kept running it in the 4th qtr, he was NOT happy lol). in m10 this was the gold standard of lobby D. also, the HB direct snap is just as effective as the draw whereas last year it was like the D never recognized the RB as the ball carrier and wouldn't engage him, clear glitch. the other rules i removed were because so many people do it (quitting, moving blockers on kick returns, controlling a DE as a LB) and it really doesn't affect the AI in an unrealistic way. i'll check out the other thread in a minute...

i know people get the read the rules message greener but honestly, the last 2 or 3 new guys i played in gr1 clearly didn't even look them over. thought if we kept it short and sweet, something everyone can easily remember we can avoid more complaining and get more attention payed to the REAL game changing issues that can be abused.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon May 02, 2011 3:56 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:well the reason i trimmed up some of the rules is frankly i think we have too many, and that can be a bad thing. i got rid of some like the 155 rule since u can no huddle iso it (i did this up 3 scores to a guy in greener 1 since he kept running it in the 4th qtr, he was NOT happy lol). in m10 this was the gold standard of lobby D. also, the HB direct snap is just as effective as the draw whereas last year it was like the D never recognized the RB as the ball carrier and wouldn't engage him, clear glitch. the other rules i removed were because so many people do it (quitting, moving blockers on kick returns, controlling a DE as a LB) and it really doesn't affect the AI in an unrealistic way. i'll check out the other thread in a minute...

i know people get the read the rules message greener but honestly, the last 2 or 3 new guys i played in gr1 clearly didn't even look them over. thought if we kept it short and sweet, something everyone can easily remember we can avoid more complaining and get more attention payed to the REAL game changing issues that can be abused.

There is definitely advantages to making the rules "shorter and sweeter" - and i would be all for that - but we have too many "wannabe lawyers" - THAT LOOK FOR EVERY ANGLE THEY CAN TO SKIRT UNDERNEATHE THE RULES - so the language and complexiity of the rules is their to avoid this manipulation - what we need to do is reconstitute an "abridged version of the rules" that can be sent in two PSN messages (3 at the most) - with the understanding that the complete and total rules listed on the website are the complete version and the abridged version is there to help new players become familar with the rules more easily -This would allow us to continue with the required level of complexity in our rules so guys cant "sneak in between grey areas" as well as being convenient for players to view on the PSN... i suggest thats the way we could have our cake and eat it too in that regard... even if we shorten the "IN GAME RULES" and leave the POLICY AND PROCEDURE rules to be viewed in the complete UNIVERSAL SIM RULES SECTION...

as far as your specific suggestions - i think you have some great ideas and some ideas i am not totaly in favour of with - but thats why we have the GC - lets get some feedback from others - come up with more of a consensus and vote accordingly to add, change and abolish rules that we feel will make the MG a more effective p-lace to play SIM madden football....

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Mon May 02, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon May 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:
1-5-5 is most abused D in the game? Thats the first i have heard of that... the 1-5- is very easy to run against -LIKE IT SHOULD BE - this rule was put in place last year beause this nickel formation when you blitzed) - WAS A HUGE RUN STOPPER - when UNTUITIVELY it shoud be SWISS CHZ to run against (meaning all kinds of holes) - i dont see many guys running it this year - than again it would be dumb to run it vs me because i run the ball a lot - so speak up if i am missing something here!

I honestly don't know. I saw the rule and never ran it lol. Not even a single time. I thought I had heard somewhere that it was the most abused D in the game. I honestly don't know if it is or isn't, as I never ran it simply because I thought it was for the most part outlawed.

Here is the original anaiysis behind the 1-5-5 rule and why it was in place for Madden 10 - the Offensive Line seems to pick up the blitzing players better at the POA in Madden 11 which makes this rule inconsequential....

the 1-5-5 is a Nickel defense designed to be effective vs the pass - it is designed to have plenty of skilled players in coverage and to confuse the O-LINE and QB as to where the pass rush is coming from...

With the poor programming of the Offensive Line - Blitzing (2nd level players) are rarely blocked when a run play is called - THIS MAKES IT A HUGE RUN STOPPING DEFENSE - WHEN IT SHOULDNT BE... the Oline is more effective picking these pass rushers up in passing situation - this is not a problem - but the failure of the Offensive Line to pic up these players at the Point of Attack on a run play - has made the 1-5-5 a solid run stopping defense - WHEN IT WAS CLEARLY NOT DESIGNED TO STOP THE RUN AND ALL FOOTBALL COMNMON SENSE SAYS THAT IT SHOULD BE COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE VS THE RUN... (exlplanation provided below),...

FOOTBALL 101 FUNDEMENTALS - RUNNING VS A 1-5-5 DEFENSE...

Go to a Jumbo saet - 2x's TE, FB, RB, OFF-SET TE...

the point of attack (POA) shoulds be 2 gaps away from the lone defensive lineman - making him inconsequential to the play...

Advantage is to the offense because they know where the play is going (defense doesnt) - and the defense has to account for CONTAIN, CUTBACK, OFFTACKLE, BLAST and DIVE areas on either side of the ball (aka D through A gaps - and angle of pursuit responsibilties)... this simply says that every player just cant swarm to the ball - they have to honour their assignmenets - and if they dont - a good coach will see that - and exploit them on the next play...

The above situation allows 3 Olineman - (directly at the POA and 2 - on each side of it, A Power blocking FB and possibly a motioning off-set TE - all blocking for the RB) - these 4-5 players - will 100% meet the LB's 3 yards down the field (the LB`s will be 4-5 yards off the LOS - offense knows the snap count - they get an extra half step off the ball b/c of this - making the point of contact between them - 2.5 to 3 yards downfield) - lets assume worst case scenario - EVERY1 MISSES THEIR BLOCK - THAT MEANS THE rb WILL BE ENGAGED by the defender at 2.5 - 3 yards downfdield - (the rb has an 8 yard momentum to this point - even the smallest of RB would fall forward for a 1 yard gain beyond that - AT THE VERY LEAST - EVERYTIME! - but in fact - at the POA - the 3 Lineman, FB and possibly an off-set TE - should be employing a simple zone blockn philosphy - (say taking the 1st man that attacks from their inside or tries to cross there face) - this simple phiosphy will out-number the defense at the POA - making a SIZEABLE GAIN and many huge gainers by the RB - thats what would happen in real football - thats why teams only use the 1-5-5 in passing situation - becauswe the run would blow it up!

So seeing that the 1-5-5 clearly should not be effective vs the the run - but is in Madden - we have made the following 1-5-5 rule...

U can run the 1-5-5 as much as u want when its 3rd or 4th and 6 yards (or more to a 1st down) - (i.e passing situations) - in addition u can use the 1-5-5 IN 3 OTHER SITUATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE 1 LISTED ABOVE in the entire game...

This rule allows guys to use the 1-5-5 as it was designed for... and stops guys from CONSISTRANTLY manipulating bad programming to use it to stop the run... good rule - but let me know what u think - good the bad an ugly - i wanna hear it all...

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down