* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Kobe 2nd best all time.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

+3
saastar
bigbuddah
bjcole26
7 posters

Go down

Kobe 2nd best all time.... HAHAHAHAHAHA Empty Kobe 2nd best all time.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by bjcole26 Sun May 08, 2011 7:45 pm

I remember just 10 or so days ago being told Kobe is 2nd best all time... HAHAHAHAHA... REALLY???? How about that fine performance Delmas and Cheddah vs Dallas..... Where was the "he manages to create his own shot at will, get to the basket at will, and is a knock down shooter from any range" in this series? What a joke!!! MJ was never swept with Phil as a coach and only time in his career he was swept in playoffs was against Celtics in best out of 5... You might remember he did his best to keep them alive with a Kobe like 63 point performance.

Nice performance by the Fakers and as i have stated OVER and OVER the last 2 weeks... Kobe can thank Shaq for his resume looking good.. When the Fakers need Kobe, he is not the one they can depend on... After Shaq, they were average... They had to get Gasol for nothing before being good again... Hopefully the Fakers are able to get Howard in 2 season to keep your hopes up... Of course, what do i know since basketball is not my life and i know nothing about the game today except Kobe is over rated!!!!

bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Kobe 2nd best all time.... HAHAHAHAHAHA Empty Re: Kobe 2nd best all time.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by bigbuddah Sun May 08, 2011 10:32 pm

im not gonna say i agree but i will say that he is considered an old player and on the downside of his career. he couldnt shake stevenson and he couldnt shake their double teams. jason terry who is an average defender did a decent job on kobe. i hate LA and everything coming out of the state of california. the cycle for the lakers are over just like it is with the celtics after they lose to miami. the spurs cycle is over as well. it was only fitting for the greatest coach of all time to go out with his team not performing to how all the analysts and fans thought they would. my MAVS put them in the dirt and this is our year.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Kobe 2nd best all time.... HAHAHAHAHAHA Empty Re: Kobe 2nd best all time.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by saastar Mon May 09, 2011 10:43 am

wow bj... kobe cant bring them through this yr but my question to u is what happened the past 2 yrs???? thats right, kobe and the lakers won back to back championships and KOBE was mvp both times.. yes kobe is going into his downside of his career.. i think the lakers need an couple new faces and they will be back at full strentgh.. but they need to find an new kobe.. bc without kobe what would the lakers have??? nothing...

buddah im sorry u hate LA like most people do.. i have been an lakers fan for awhile.. way before shaq and kobe... its always fun being an fan of an team people hate the most... but i dont really think its going to be the mavs yr... in my honest opinion i think its going to be grizzles and mavs, heat and bulls.. i also like the grizzles over the mavs bc memphis is playing great as of late... but only time well tell

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Mon May 09, 2011 10:50 am

I don't watch basketball except the random game here and there but I did see the end of game 3, in all honestly after watching kobe in his prime and seeing him that night was shocking if it wasn't for the fact I knew his jersey # I would think he was not on the court because I just didn't see him do anything for like 5 minutes. Admittedly I am a Lakers hater also, but it surprised me.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon May 09, 2011 11:27 am

Saastar... Winning 2 championships with a loaded roster is not impressive... Olajuwon did this, Tim Duncan did it more than twice, Shaq has done this more than 2 times... My point being Saastar, your boy Kobe is and was never close to being the 2nd best all time in the NBA... 2nd best on team with Shaq, YES..... His resume of 5 championships looks great but again, Shaq was responsible for 3 of them not Kobe leading them... Argue all you want about the scoring titles, 9 time first team defense... his resume does not compare to others.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon May 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Kobe 2nd best all time.... HAHAHAHAHAHA Kobe_b11

Nice 12-37 in the 4th qtr in the Dallas series NOT counting the 0-2 Sunday... I see him creating his shots at will.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Mon May 09, 2011 4:54 pm

bjcole26 wrote:Saastar... Winning 2 championships with a loaded roster is not impressive... Olajuwon did this, Tim Duncan did it more than twice, Shaq has done this more than 2 times... My point being Saastar, your boy Kobe is and was never close to being the 2nd best all time in the NBA... 2nd best on team with Shaq, YES..... His resume of 5 championships looks great but again, Shaq was responsible for 3 of them not Kobe leading them... Argue all you want about the scoring titles, 9 time first team defense... his resume does not compare to others.

well i never said kobe was 2nd best all time... ur most be talking about people in the chat... but kobe is still an great player and i would definitely have him top 5 of all time... but what i think is funny is how if kobe doesnt do anything and has an bad gm people wont to run there mouth.. kobe sucks, kobe overated, kobe doesnt have it anymore... but what happens when kobe drops 40 plus against an good team or has an great gm??? nobody says an damn thing... lol... they wont to wait until his has an bad gm to say something...

but as of right now with my boys out of it.. im rooting for the heat to actually prove that money was well spent or for the grizzles since i am from TN.. and would like to see an team like memphis win it all..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon May 09, 2011 7:01 pm

I don't hate LA as in the Lakers I jus hate everything about california and the lakers are apart of that...its silly caus I've never been there but my hatred stems from years living in phoenix and how erbody got on fuckin LA hats and erbody is raiders fans and jus think LA is da shit when these unneccesary ma fuckas won't last a week in dallas or in my home state of alabama..idk what it is about californians I jus wanna punch all they ass in the face..I want a huge earthquake to crack california off the fuckin map lol..I agree ppl hate the lakers like they hate my cowboys so I kno the feeling of sayin why u hate a great team. Granted the lakers win more but football has more parity and is way harder to win a championship. Its more of a team sport. I don't like basketball for the simple fact of they play up to 7 games to see who the better team is. I prefer win or go home shit u already play fuckin 82 games.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Mon May 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Kobe is a great played...but if you graded him on the MJ scale his game is weak!

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon May 09, 2011 9:21 pm

No one said Kobe was not a great player... Top 1-5... NO WAY.... Tell Saastar who is your top 5 and why is Kobe in your top 5? Is the MAYBE #10...sure i give him that but i can name 8 better....Kobe NEVER should be compared to MJ... MJ led his teams, never lost an NBA final series and team mates "feared" Jordan... Kobe on the other hand has lost 2 NBA finals with him and he is considered a "brat" by many... HUGE difference... The Lakers need to be ready to trade Gasol or Bynum to get Howard next year, if not, they will not be getting another championship anytime soon.

One of my friends had a great post... "Lakers fans and Kobe fanatics are currently going thru the 5 stages of Grief! 1. Denial. 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining. 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance. Where are you right now?"

So true!!!! You guys played with no heart, looked slow on defense, had no chemistry and most important had no leader!
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue May 10, 2011 10:10 am

if i had to make an top 5 it would be as followed:

#1 MICHAEL JORDAN
#2 WILT CHAMBERLAIN
#3 MAGIC JOHNSON
#4 KOBE BRYANT
#5 LARRY BIRD

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue May 10, 2011 3:15 pm

How is Kobe been better than Shaq?
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue May 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Kobe is in his 15th year in the NBA hes my favorite player of all time but even i can admit that he's old he's not the player he once was. it happens to all players. Ppl acting like he's in his prime. Kobe still the Truth.

Secondly it is impossible to compare who's better when comparing a guard and a center, there roles are just to different. Shaq is a top 3 center Kobe is a top 3 guard period.

My break down of players by position.

5. Shaq,Wilt,Akeem 4.Duncan,Malone,Barkley 3. Dr. J,Lebron,Bird 2.MJ,Kobe,Jerry West. 1.Big O,Magic, Stockton.
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue May 10, 2011 6:01 pm

bjcole26 wrote:How is Kobe been better than Shaq?

really?!?!?!?!? what has shaq done since he left the lakers?? nothing.. if u are only talking about the 3 yrs he was with the lakers then yeah maybe.... but if we are actually talking about being consistent and actually greastest players all time through their CAREER then kobe beats shaq easily.. after shaq was gone from lakers he career plumented to the ground... he has switched teams 3 or 4 times and hasnt been able to stay healthy... if u actully google the top 10 players of all time talking about basketball here is their list:

#1 michael jordan
#2 wilt chamberlain
#3 magic johnson
#4 tim duncan
#5 kareem abdul-jabbar
#6 larry bird
#7 kobe bryant
#8 shaq
#9 bill russell
#10 hakeem olajuwon

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Tue May 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Saastar sorry but your basketball knowledge seems limited past the last 20 years or so. Also to suggest shaq only had 3 great years and that was with the lakers is lame.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 pm

shaq left and lakers didnt have a good season really but shaq went to miami and won a title....after that, of course, he hasnt done much. shaq is my number 1 favorite player. but kobe is amazing. jus caus i hate everything coming out of california i recognize whats real and kobe is fa real regardless if he is considered old now or not. they need to build a team around him now because of that.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Wed May 11, 2011 12:10 am

HAHAHA... Ok let me add Saastar to the list of not knowledgeable NBA fans.... Here is some links.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html

8 times in the top 3 in scoring, 13 times in top 9 in MVP voting, 3 time NBA finals MVP, 12 times averaging 23 ppg or more, in the playoffs 17 times out of 19 times in his career, all time FG% leader, 4 NBA titles, been in the NBA finals with Magic, Lakers, Heat

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/050518

This will breakdown Shaqs dominance per season.

Did you really say Shaq was only good for 3 seasons with the Lakers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....You might want to go look at him in the early days with Magic and Lakers with your google search.

Your google search was that of the bleacherreport.... When did that become the "official" ranking?

http://www.slamonline.com/online/the-magazine/features/2009/06/the-new-top-50/
Here is one that shows Shaq #4 and Kobe #12

Go research Shaq a little more and you will see he was a lot more than a 3 season wonder!

bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed May 11, 2011 5:51 am

outside of wilt chamberlain, shaq is easily the most dominant player of all time, he was literally unguardable in his prime, yeah he hasnt been healthy for who knows how long, and has he stretched his career longer than he should, probably. but that doesn't diminish his accomplishments. would i put shaq daddy top 5 ever, prob not, would i put kobe top 5 ever, definitely not. are they both top 10 yes. but let's remember kobe only has one league mvp and without a star by his side he can't deliver the goods. in my mind he needs atleast 2 more rings to be #2 all time and another mvp season which is far fetched at this point.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down