* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

GREENERRRRs LG post-season schedule...

2 posters

Go down

GREENERRRRs LG post-season schedule... Empty GREENERRRRs LG post-season schedule...

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:03 pm

With our big double draft coming up - I made this detailed schedule to keep players in the loop of what is going on...

With the holiday weekend extending our 2nd round significantly - we will be drafting on WEDNESDAY JULY 6...

- 8pm est - the first draft begins... (make sure you have your roster DRAFT READY by 7pm est at the latest)

- we will use the website chat to manage any draft pauses - message me ahead of time if you have a traded draft pic (i am happy to pause than to ensure the right selection is made) - use the chat to tell me to restart...

- 20 minutes after draft completion, we SIM the entire season... Make sure your roster is DRAFT READY for the 2nd draft... make sure you check your roster minimums are met (or CPU will drop and add player for you).... during the SIM of the season if you have injuries that push you below roster minmums - the CPU will drop and add player to fix this for you BE CAREFUL OF THIS!!!

note - any players INADVERTAINLY DROPPED will be placed on their rightful at the discretion of the commish...

- 9:45pm EST you will want to have your roster DRAFT READY for the 2nd DRAFT...

- make the commish aware of any traded draft picks that require will require a draft pause for the 2nd draft...

- 10pm EST we start the 2nd draft of the nite!

- Upon draft completion we begin our FIANAL SEASON for Madden 11!

note - This final season will go back to our original MG standard of advancement... We will advance every 48 hours unless particpation rates are under 70% - if this occurs a 1 day extension of the playing period will be granted...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

GREENERRRRs LG post-season schedule... Empty Re: GREENERRRRs LG post-season schedule...

Post by likeuntobuddha Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:43 pm

If I might put together a suggestion or two.

The problem being both the speed of the two drafts and no real set up for free agents.

My team is not really loaded so I do not have this problem. But before the draft anyone that wants to can pick 3-4 players that he is releasing for the draft to be on his practice squad. Then normally I'd say they have up to a hour after the draft to pick any of those players back up but after that hour they are FA's.

After the first draft it might be more of a 10-15 minutes. Or since two drafts are being held quickly, wait for the 2nd part.

The 2nd part of this is after the 2nd draft. As of now there is no (unless I missed it) rules for grabbing FA's.

One semi fair way of doing this is WRITE DOWN the order of the 1st draft and let owners pick one at a time a FA to drop and one to add. it might take 3-5 rounds due to a 2nd draft. On a website with a chat room this can be done quickly and easily. I've seen it done fairly well on the message boards on the madden online site.

likeuntobuddha

Back to top Go down

GREENERRRRs LG post-season schedule... Empty Re: GREENERRRRs LG post-season schedule...

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:39 pm

likeuntobuddha wrote:If I might put together a suggestion or two.

The problem being both the speed of the two drafts and no real set up for free agents.

My team is not really loaded so I do not have this problem. But before the draft anyone that wants to can pick 3-4 players that he is releasing for the draft to be on his practice squad. Then normally I'd say they have up to a hour after the draft to pick any of those players back up but after that hour they are FA's.

After the first draft it might be more of a 10-15 minutes. Or since two drafts are being held quickly, wait for the 2nd part.

The 2nd part of this is after the 2nd draft. As of now there is no (unless I missed it) rules for grabbing FA's.

One semi fair way of doing this is WRITE DOWN the order of the 1st draft and let owners pick one at a time a FA to drop and one to add. it might take 3-5 rounds due to a 2nd draft. On a website with a chat room this can be done quickly and easily. I've seen it done fairly well on the message boards on the madden online site.

youyr suggestion is a solid one in Theory - but tuff to implement - I do encourage to have all members to hve their roster DRAFT READY (that means having no more than 48 players on their squad - i keep 47, one time with 48 i had a player inadvertainly dropped) THIS ENSUYREWS U WONTHAVE ANY PLAYERS DROPPED THAT U DIDNT EXPECT...

As far as having an organized selection of FA - easier said than done, their is always 2 or 3 guys who dont get the message - slection are made and the transaction history quickly has themn disappear when they fall from view - The only 100% fair way to do this that ios PRACTICAL and can be EASILY IMPLEMENTED - is to have the FR AAGAENT POOL OPEN TO OTHER fdirectly after the draft - sure its a bit of a "free for all" but at least everyone understands the situation...

of course their is going to obvious players that cant be picked up nd who are cleARLY PART OF A TRADE (sorry u wont get PAT WILLIS as a free agent - guys have to use their heads! lol) - In addition other trades where the players may be less obvious to the FA pool - these transaction will be clearly indicated in inb the LGs TRADE SUMMARY - I suggest if you interesyted n a paticular FREE AGENT - u check to see if he was part of a trade before you target him for selection... You can reach my Leagues section in the LINK BAAELOW - the trade block is a gr3at place to find and initiate trades:

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com/f9-greener-s-fantasy-draft-online-franchise-ps3

NOTE: outr of reasonableness tyhe commish has the right (and moral obligation to VETO any FREE AGENT signing that clearly shgoiuld be done from a fairness perspective - example in MC league, during the SIM Season i had a rash of big injuries to DT - the CPU dropped players from CB and re-signed a couple DT so that my roster was within the prescribed psoition miminmums - 1 of the players the CPU dropperd was my 2nd round pick - 34 overall - there is no way i would have dropped this player if i was in control of thew team) - to his credit - thetrumpbailout recognized this and had my lost player returned to me...

As a good practice (paticularily if your roster is new to you) - WRITE DOWN YOUR COMPLETE DRAFT READY ROSTER - it can be helpful when making selection in the rookie draft (a its good to know what u have before you select) and it can be aframe of reference if a player gets inadvertinly dropped...

If any1 has any question about this - dont hesitate to ask...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by likeuntobuddha Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Np, I'm really good at racing up, dropping players and taking FA's that others had to drop.

I'm more used to doing this in 'free for all" leagues.

likeuntobuddha

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:40 pm

likeuntobuddha wrote:Np, I'm really good at racing up, dropping players and taking FA's that others had to drop.

I'm more used to doing this in 'free for all" leagues.

I agree its not the best system - and sconn's LG with the Free Agent system is the oppisite extreme - its totaly controlled - but this way everyone knows where they stand - tryn to manage the post rookie draft Free Agent signing process is a hopeless endevour...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down