* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Prioritizing Rookies to be part of FD draft ppol

3 posters

Go down

Prioritizing Rookies to be part of FD draft ppol Empty Prioritizing Rookies to be part of FD draft ppol

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Its no secret - in fantasy draft leagues that play multiple seasons like this one - young players - in paticular rookies are always prioritized in the fantasy draft...

To ensure that everyone gets a fair chance at all young players i am thinking i will drop all rookies who are 65 and over and all 1st year players that are 70 and over - EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT PART OF YOUR TEAMS TOP 20... If i drop a player like this - i will add a correponding player from FA thats older - plays the same position and is of the same calibre as the youngster i am making part of the fantasy draft pool...

Bottom line - i want all players that would legitmately be taken in a true fantasy draft to be available in our workaround - this may mean that we will extend our fantasy draft past 20 rounds - and if we have to do that - its ok!

In the end i dont want anyone to get an unfair advantage because the team they started with is deeper with young players that just didnt happen to make the 20 player cutoff - 1 of the main attractions to FD leagues is that everyone starts on equal footing and your team is successful based on the decisions thjat you make - I want to be sure to capture this aspect in our workaround for madden 13
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Prioritizing Rookies to be part of FD draft ppol Empty Re: Prioritizing Rookies to be part of FD draft ppol

Post by TheTrumpBailout Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:45 am

Just a suggestion:

Drop everyone on every team that is 75 ovr+

Drop ALL ROOKIES 65-74

Drop ALL 1 yr players 70-74

Drop ALL kickers/punters just to keep it same for everyone...

And draft as many rounds as needed...

Sure some teams will have a few more players than others... But they will be garbage players so it really will make no difference...

Or another suggestion if people don't like above:

Drop top 30 guys plus ALL rookies 65+ Ovr

TheTrumpBailout

Back to top Go down

Prioritizing Rookies to be part of FD draft ppol Empty Re: Prioritizing Rookies to be part of FD draft ppol

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:09 pm

TheTrumpBailout wrote:Just a suggestion:

Drop everyone on every team that is 75 ovr+

Drop ALL ROOKIES 65-74

Drop ALL 1 yr players 70-74

Drop ALL kickers/punters just to keep it same for everyone...

And draft as many rounds as needed...

Sure some teams will have a few more players than others... But they will be garbage players so it really will make no difference...

Or another suggestion if people don't like above:

Drop top 30 guys plus ALL rookies 65+ Ovr

Great points made here - and we are definitely in the same page on this - ultimately if we have to exte4nd the number of rounds in our fantays draft - SO BE IT!

What i can say for sure is that our fantasy draft workaround will be considerable less then the 55 rounds in priopr fantasy drafts - and i think once eveyone is familarized completely with our drafting system (whi8ch may take 2 or 3 rounds), the selction of players will go quickly - what we may have to stress is for guys to have 7 or 8 gusy in mind to draft even before your on the clock - and to keep the BS chatter to a minimum on the website chat while we are drafting (if u want to talk with someone about a trade - use the privvate chat function that is availble in the chat...) - it will be important that the website chat be easy to follow for legit league business that is critical for league - mainly this being who is picking what player when its their turn to make a selection... I dont anticipate this being a big issue - but its worth noting and i will bring it up again when the FD comes closer...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:37 pm

I agree. the draft should probably be at least 30-35 rounds. gives you the freedom to draft a few key backups on some positions. but nowhere near the 45-50 range.

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down