* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Custtom PlayBooks allowed in League play? Yes or No?

+7
McNoob
GriM-x-ReeFeR
Maddening isn't it?
CharlieHustle
Dcolon
weasel_
GREENERRRR
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Custtom PlayBooks allowed in League play? Yes or No? Empty Custtom PlayBooks allowed in League play? Yes or No?

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:40 pm

After some discussion with some key league members and speaking with other SIM league commishes, I am leaning 75% in favor of NOT allowing custom playbooks in league play...

The basic argument is that with all the info available on the web, and with even small amounts of labbing - players will use CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS to load up on MONEY PLAYS and offensives will have a monstor advantage...

Sure the defense can use custom playbooks too - but the benefit of the custom, playbooks is proportionally larger for the offense...

Each league member leave a reply message explaining how you feel - membership census will help decide on a possible rule banning the use of custom playbook or allowing it to be openly used...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Custtom PlayBooks allowed in League play? Yes or No? Empty Re: Custtom PlayBooks allowed in League play? Yes or No?

Post by weasel_ Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:58 pm

THE MORE CONTEOLL I HAVE OVER THE PLAYBOOKS THE MORE REAL THE GAME. So let me get this straight. Finally EA gets it right and puts in the playbooks to add more diversity to the game. YOU also have another full retard rule about no repetitive play calling and now EA foxes the problem by allowing to make your own playbook and now you think it's an unfair advantage to the offense? Since when are you worried about the balance of gameplay and the defense when the last league rule you made was totally bullsht and I'm favor of the offense in the redzone . No gap guessing is why I'm referring too. The over policing and reprogrimg of the game ruins all the checks and balances that already exist. LET US PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME!!!!!

CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS ARE A MUST HAVE DON'T BASTARD THIS ONE UP PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE MADDEN AMD FOOTBALL GODS

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Custtom PlayBooks allowed in League play? Yes or No? Empty Re: Custtom PlayBooks allowed in League play? Yes or No?

Post by Dcolon Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Custom playbooks should not be allowed, you are then mixing up different schemes and styles, I can easily put together a bunch of plays and be unrealistic and never be stopped. We use the playbooks we get to choose from and develop our own style that way Custom Playbooks will be way to cheesy

Dcolon

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Y'all don't even know how it works you are only allowed a certain number of plays for the entire book. You can make a custom defense book too. You just went 16-0 and won a Super Bowl and you are talking about being unbeatable with a custom playbook? Maybe it would help the rest of us bridge the gap if I couldn't run all the plays I want. The bad players will justice stupid bad PLAYBOOKS anyways. The avg players might eat better or worse. Ae of the great players would do the same. Some guys are better with user skills others with play calling now a guy who can get the best playbook can improve there skill level and be more of a challenge to beat.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:18 pm

The custom at books make the skill level harder and that's led for a better competitive game IMO

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Unfortunately, I agree with weasel. lol... I'm all for custom play books, as it will help game plan better against different schemes/players.
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Unfortunately ? You just been added to my hit list Charlie!

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:18 pm

CharlieHustle wrote:Unfortunately, I agree with weasel. lol... I'm all for custom play books, as it will help game plan better against different schemes/players.

I am going on record now - charliehuistle will be a regular PLAYOFF PLAYER in M25!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:15 am

I agree with weasel also. Each person's own personal style will be reflected in their playbook. So in your division you could set up a playbook for each team you play. More cat and mouse type shit.
All NFL coaches have their own playbooks. They don't get handed a playbook and told "here pick one. No you can't change anything. These are the play you get." I'm not currently coaching in the NFL, but if I were I'd be bringing my own playbook.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GriM-x-ReeFeR Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:53 am

I vote no ... to many money plays .. I jus think its fair to have regular playbooks ... keep it simple .. that's my opinion
GriM-x-ReeFeR
GriM-x-ReeFeR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcolon Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:33 am

All everyone is gonna do is put all the money plays in one play book and play no one is playing fucking cat and mouse it's gonna be cheese vs cheese best cheese win and trust me I will master it and be the biggest cheese of you guys would like its pointless find a playbook master it and play u want to play cat and mouse master multiple playbooks like I do myself and play

Dcolon

Back to top Go down

Post by McNoob Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:45 am

I'm unsure about this. On one hand, I'd like to finally have a decent hybrid defensive playbook with normal 3-4 and 4-3 formations. On the other hand, I'm afraid people will just stack up on cheesy offensive formations, where AI defense can easily be exploited (think Bunch, or two-back Strong Close).

I'd say allow custom playbooks at first, but if the cheesiness gets out of hand, disable them.

McNoob

Back to top Go down

Post by EdibleZs Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:03 am

For me, I say "No." I guess in a way it wud help me concentrate and learn the plays forward and backwards, but shudn't I have done that already with one of the other 32 playbooks? Plus, i don't need people to tell me they need to download their book and just waste more of my time.
EdibleZs
EdibleZs

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:17 pm

EdibleZs wrote:For me, I say "No."  I guess in a way it would help me concentrate and learn the plays forward and backwards, but shudn't I have done that already with one of the other 32 playbooks?  Plus, i don't need people to tell me they need to download their book and just waste more of my time.
Bro i would hesitate to listen to anyone that said "u NEED to do anything" - everyone in this game has their own style and preference - i would focus on the parts of the game THAT YOU LIKE - and then "lab" the shit out of it - learn it frontward and backwards! Afterall if you develop a style of play that you enjoy, you ultimately will be more successful!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:51 pm

EdibleZs wrote:For me, I say "No."  I guess in a way it wud help me concentrate and learn the plays forward and backwards, but shudn't I have done that already with one of the other 32 playbooks?  Plus, i don't need people to tell me they need to download their book and just waste more of my time.
I dont think u would have to download the playbook u just upload it like you would a roster and then when u cycle through playbooks @ playcall screen u just choose it.

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:01 pm

If u could do just Def i would vote for that since there is less cheese (option/pistol imo) on the Def side of the ball but since u cant ima have to vote for ALLOW. Mainly just because it's gona be allowed in my other leagues so im a have to master a custom instead my usual one playbook offense. With the pass lead bein pretty much tamed this year and HB streak through Oline being gone there really isnt much "cheese" money plays. Most of the money plays are just route combos in a play that make them money which is easy to do just throw a man beatin route like a comeback or out paired with a zone beater like a drag or some sort of zone overload.

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:46 pm

McNoob wrote:I'm unsure about this. On one hand, I'd like to finally have a decent hybrid defensive playbook with normal 3-4 and 4-3 formations. On the other hand, I'm afraid people will just stack up on cheesy offensive formations, where AI defense can easily be exploited (think Bunch, or two-back Strong Close).

I'd say allow custom playbooks at first, but if the cheesiness gets out of hand, disable them.

We will take the league vote - and see how membership feels - but maybe this is the best option regardless of the vote...

- If we did this, we would have to set a specific week we would allow for CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS to be analyzed - then at that point we poll members to see how they feel after they have had a genuine taste of things...

RIPpatillman wrote:With the pass lead bein pretty much tamed this year and HB streak through Oline being gone there really isnt much "cheese" money plays.

Come on bro - we all know there will be new cheese for M25 - WE JUST DONT KNOW THE WHAT TYPE OF CHEEZE IT WILL BE! LOL

Last year it was a lot of HARVATI mixed in with PROVOLONE... this year i bet its a combo of ASIAGO / ROQUEFORT with a side of MONTEREY JACK! lol

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by chronic Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:55 pm

plane and simple..no custom playbooks allowed..imo

chronic

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:05 pm

IN REAL LIFE THE NFL has a rule commite in every OFFSEASON!!! I REPEAT IN THE

OOFFFF SSEEEAASSONNNNNN!!!!

Not week 6 7 11 or 16.

YOU CAN'T BE CHANGING RULES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE Season!!!!

All of you guys are speculating? Too manyoney plays? Well I call is money plays. Every single play I call is a money play already so wtf are you guys talking about?

You guys are all going off opinion and not fact. At the very least the custom PLAYBOOKS should be legal for the entire first season. That way we really have a good amount of data to analyze an make an informed educated decision on the issue. Not base decisions on fear of the unknown that's bad practice, close minded and against ham instinct actually. We evolve over time. This is the next step in madden evolution. You talk about "sim". All the time. Here is the most sim thing EA has ever added and the powers that be are shaking in their boots because the gap gets closed more with this option. It makes people more dangerous because they can tailor make there playbook to there skill and not only use half the playbook. I don't use more then half of my current book I would say probably only 30% of it actually .

200 plays in every book how many plays to ou call a game ? 50? Or ?60. That's only a third of the book or ruffly %33

So what's the argument here? I can't have a playbook ful of plays that actually work? I have to have half my playbook full of shit I never run anyways ? Really think about it from a numbers aspect.

Allowing the books will also cut down on the repetitive play calling

For crying out load Greener only ran 8 plays all of last season all out of the same formation and had the most vanilla offense then anyone.

Want to know what else this will stop!! People using Nicole cover and dime cover to try to stop the run as much. I'm assuming that's fixed this year also.

Really think about it and instead of having to spend a ton of time looking three PLAYBOOKS and figuring out which ones to use vs what people you can just have our own shit that toucan keep adding and subtracting from week to week. It's by far BY FAR the coolest aspect of the ENTIRE GAME.

DON'T FUCK THIS UP BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED OF THE UNknown. Besides how are you going to enforce this rule anyways?
Ou have to stop with the over policing of the league and all this Mickey Mouse rules. The game balances itself out.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:08 pm

No custom PLAYBOOKS and we are still playing techmo bowl only run about 4-6 plays out of every set and hardly that really. Not to mention every pass play someone gets hot routes so the plays are still being custom made at the line of scrimmage. Man the simple mess of the thought process of some of you people makes me sick.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:30 pm

What most aren't considering: It isn't the plays that are cheesy, it's the routes, user running, and execution/exploitation of the AI flaws... So as long as we can call hot-routes and people use speed backs to run to the sideline, there will always be cheese... Don't hate the game, hate the cheese-ball players. lol
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by killuminatti Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:58 pm

No...we should be allowed to sub guys pre game into formations and packages..

killuminatti

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:16 pm

@CharlieHustle How is running a speedback to the sideline cheese? That's what they are supposed to do. They will get blown up going through the middle. I usually use the Chiefs, when I run JC up the middle he fumbles a lot.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:19 pm

An off-tackle/toss/counter is one thing... but when you have (had) guys running draw-plays and dives that draw the ignorant AI defenders inside EVERY TIME, then sprint to the sideline to get around them, that is as cheesy/exploitative as one's run game can get. Y'all know the difference, That's why the 3-3-5 nickel became so popular in last year's game, to stop the sideline runs.
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ripxpatt Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:26 pm

i agree i dnt consider usin a speed bck to run outside cheesy, if u cant catch em up your speed @ LB or user saftey, n very few routes r cheesey if u know there coming there easy 2 hot route a def 2 stop, n if u consider usering a WR cheesey since i user catch all my routes n use a speed bck thn i must b the cheesiest MF in lg but i respect ur opinion

Ripxpatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum