* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

What should DCOLON sanction be for breaking SNAP ASAP rule?

2 posters

Go down

What should DCOLON sanction be for breaking SNAP ASAP rule? Empty What should DCOLON sanction be for breaking SNAP ASAP rule?

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Here is the situation (See video below for confirmation..)

- Dcolon winning 21 to 13 at end if 3rd quarter... It's 4th and 5 at my 42...
- with 3 seconds left in 3rd quarter dcolon IGNORES THE SNAP ASAP RULE and justifies this because "he wanted to get play in before end of quarter"...

- the other key element is that Dcolon snapped ball with 3 seconds left on clock - HE COULD HAVE WAITED ANOTHER 2 SECONDS AND LIKELY BEEN WITHIN THE RULES!! But he didn't do that!!!

QUESTION IS:

Is Dcolon justified in ignoring the SNAP ASAP rule on THE MOST CRITICAL PLAY
OF THE GAME just because he wants to get play in before end of quarter so he could save 3 seconds????

- if I get a stop, I have ball at midfield with 6 plus minutes left in gm - down 1 score...

- the rules state you can only ignore SNAP ASAP at the end of HALF... HE HAD HUGE ADVANTAGE ON MOST CRITICAL PLAY OF GM... not fair that he got to SNAP ASAP (I couldn't call my defense which would have stopped that flag route to the TE...)

- ultimately he scored a TD on that series...

THERE IS NO DOUBT HE BROKE THE RULE (Dcolon admits that) - what we are asking is dcolon justified in SNAPPING ASAP when there was still 3 seconds on clock??? - I SAY HELL NO!!!! HE SHOULD HAVE WAITED TO START OF NEXT QUARTER TO DO HIS 4th down gamble or at least wait to 1 second before he snaps!!!

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

What should DCOLON sanction be for breaking SNAP ASAP rule? Empty Re: What should DCOLON sanction be for breaking SNAP ASAP rule?

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Danny admits to breaking this rule - question is WHAT SHOULD HIS SANCTION BE???

Afterall if we don't have penalties for guys when they break rules - then why even bother having rules at all? Rules become totally meaningless unless their is a consequence to breaking them...

So man up danny - YOU DD THE CRIME (you admit to it...) now TAKE YOUR PENALTY!!!! Your not above the law!!!!

Fyinthe only reason I am not levering sanction directly is because its not 100% that this would have caused me to lose - IF IT WOULD HAVE, I would have quit game and forced him to restart at that situation he cheated from...

the above choice doesn't make the fact that I COULD HAVE WON if danny cheated any less important... Danny still needs to be held accountable...

Danny traded all his picks or I would suggest he give his first round pick to the weakest team...

Maybe he should be forced to trade for a first round pick and give that pick to the weakest team??? I would be ok with that...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

What should DCOLON sanction be for breaking SNAP ASAP rule? Empty Re: What should DCOLON sanction be for breaking SNAP ASAP rule?

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:52 pm

FYI the utube link is below - u can see it more clearly...

https://youtu.be/XJ4S2ItI1Fg
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by gpatt55 Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:48 am

I think this is a good opportunity to establish a new policy for sanctioning of rule breakers.  
I propose a simple 3 strikes system that should deter players from breaking rules, without damaging the long term viability of the league and its teams.
Keep in mind visual proof must be provided:

1st time Offense:
Player surrenders 2nd, and 3rd round picks. (Picks will be distributed to the league's two weakest teams)
The game is restarted.

2nd time Offense:  
Player surrenders 1st round pick. (Pick is awarded to the weakest team).
Opponent gets to suspend one player from the offender's team for one game of their choice during the regular season.
The offender is put on CPU for the game in which the infraction happened.

3rd time Offense:  
Player's league status is put under review.  
A PS3MG-GC of 5 members will be called upon to determine the fate of the player.

Its probably not perfect and could use some amending, but it does provide a huge disincentive to anyone who might break a rule. It also doesn't incentivize the accuser, so it would minimize the chance of guys simply enacting these sanctions out of personal gain or vendetta.

If you have an issue with a rule that is in place, then propose for it to be changed and present a list of points of why the change would be beneficial to the league.  If you believe that a new rule should be implemented, follow the same protocol.  Don't simply 'go rogue' because you disagree with a currently standing rule.

Sanctioning is a headache to everyone involved, especially Greener.  No one wants to have to deal with this part of the league and ideally we should be able to police ourselves. If your opponent breaks a rule by accident and it doesn't really impact the final outcome of the game, put yourself in their position, give them the benefit of the doubt and play on.

Most of all, everyone needs to keep in mind that we all participate in this league to have fun and to relieve stress, not add to it.  We all need to be mindful of this when playing each other.  Play fair, obeying the rules that the league has established regardless of your personal feelings about the rule, and treat others with respect.
gpatt55
gpatt55
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:22 am

The problem is we get into issue of does PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME?

example - guy breaks SNAP ASAP rule... But 3 plays later HE THROWS A PICK! Should he still be punished even though net result was "nothing negative" for his opponent???

- I think there ALWAYS needs to be a sanction levied if you break a rule (regardless if it the action has impact on game)

Of course penalty needs to be more severe if the transgression causes plater to lose game!!!!

Therefore having standardized penalties to fit every transgression is not solution....

Don't forget there are other ways to sanction rule breakers - I like the idea of suspending key players on the team... You could Taylor this to severity - example highest severity you lose Starting QB!!! Slightly below that you lose the use of your top RB or WR.... You could even make it "less severe" by suspending a role player like a nickel CB or 3rd or 4th WR (this would still punish the transgressors but wouldn't be as severe as losing a more critical player)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down