* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Repetitive Play Calling applies to defense?

4 posters

Go down

Repetitive Play Calling applies to defense? Empty Repetitive Play Calling applies to defense?

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:50 pm

We have had a Repetitive play calling rule in regards to offense since inception... The last few madden releases, there hasn't been many breaches of this rule.  I think this is because game designers have made it more intuitive for defenses to counter offensive plays - hence their isn't any "money plays" that cannot be stopped anymore...

In madden 15 we have had a few players ask about REPETITIVE PLAY CALLING being applicable for defense!

With the dominance of standard COVER 3 in the game, less sophisticated players have been only playing different versions of Cover 3... (But the concern would any to any defense that was called repeatedly)

My first thought is that it's to the advantage of the offense if some goof ball wants to play only 1 type of defense (it makes it easier to counter) - but if a player struggles with countering a paticular defense is it fair for his opponent to call it "all game" vs him?

This is the debate...

There are numerous other concerns that I will mention in subsequent posts...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Repetitive Play Calling applies to defense? Empty Re: Repetitive Play Calling applies to defense?

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:53 pm

Here are some of the concerns I have IF we decided to implement a repetitive play calling rule on defense :

1) if a team changes 1 aspect of a defense (example changes the flat assignment in cover 3 to a purple deep curl zone - aka buzz zone) DOES THAT MAKE THE PLAY DIFFERENT?

2) if a player calls cover 3 from a 4/3 and next play he calls cover 3 from a NICKLE is that considered a different play?

3) if a player call cover 3 one play - then the next play he calls cover 2 NICKLE, spreads the 2 safeties playing deep (so their deep blue zones are closer to the sidelines) and then audibles The NICKLE CB to play deep middle third - is that considered the same play? (Because they are both essentially the same)

* one of the main things I look for in a rule before I consider implementing it is DECIDING IF A RULE IS ENFORCEABLE!
- there could be a major SIM flaw in madden game play - and we can only correct this flaw with rules IF THE RULES ARE ENFORCEABLE...

This possibly rules needs this to be considered - how do you feel?
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Repetitive Play Calling applies to defense? Empty Re: Repetitive Play Calling applies to defense?

Post by the_Answr Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:13 pm

they have concepts tutorials to show you how to pass on cover 2, cover 3 , cover 4 and Man defenses. I think before anyone start trying to change anything like that they should go and do those tutorials and then if that's not helping them then we should continue the conversation.

the_Answr

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:27 pm

I think it's fine to run the same play on D# but if you are don't cry when the offense uses the same play to beat it until you come out of that D#. You would also have to take into account d# hot routes. One play can be made into many different plays. Same goes for an offensive play actually. However there are many more offensive types of plays as opposed to defensive. Not a lot of options on D# like there is on O#. If someone beats you using cover 3 all game, it is your responsibility to go to practice mode and figure out how to beat it. No reason to change a defensive scheme that all your players were drafted for so someone else can have a chance.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by General_Hon Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:05 pm

Defensive play books are far shorter for a reason. There are only so many defenses that exist in football compared to offense. There are known money plays on offense so we should not allow the same offensive play over and over.

Example: there are many ways to bear cov 3 if u utilize the cov 3 beaters and practice.

There are far less ways to stop pistol ace twins counter so if I can run that every play the defense is screwed unless he knows the shorter list if things to stop it.

Teams run base defenses most of games with a few adjustments each play. That should remain legal

General_Hon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:50 pm

That pistol ace twins counter is totally over hyped - it's a nice counter but no better then 6 others in the game that have the same technique...

The disadvantage of that hype is that when guys call pistol ace twins - guys think counter right away and look to stop it (but I suppose you could use that to your advantage and call another play and give a. But if a mind screw... - that's football I suppose)

I would argue that there are even better counters in the game - the counters that use the backside guard and tackle to pull (like the old school COUNTER TREY)... Those have huge upside IMO
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down