* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Gameplay issues

4 posters

Go down

Gameplay issues Empty Gameplay issues

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:54 pm

I am starting this thread so we all can brainstorm ways to make our league play more SIM

if there is an issue that we can improve the game from a SIM perspective please post here - we can brainstorm possible solutions so we can make gameplay the best it could be!

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Gameplay issues Empty ZONE DEFENSE OVER USED?

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:59 pm

My last 2 games I have played my opponents have played 100% zine Defense - not even one play man...

Many say zone us over powered - it's definitely better then prior years but I have been able to still score

But my concern stands...

Guys shouldn't be playing 100% of any one style - that's crazy...

Idk what the solution is....

* maybe we tweak sliders to make zone less appealing or MAN Defense more appealing?

* maybe there is a rule we could implement?

But I think we should be doing something to entice players away from playing 100% zone....

Even last couple years when MAN UNDER was more popular - nobody ever played 100% man under!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Gameplay issues Empty Re: Gameplay issues

Post by albundy4td1game Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Yea I have noticed a lot of zone defense myself. But I do not think it is fair to dictate how people call their defense. Some guys built their team knowing they will play zone or M2M etc.

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Gameplay issues Empty Running Clock

Post by albundy4td1game Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:25 pm

I want to start by saying running clock is part of football. I understand this and agree that it is a way to manage the game and win. However we only play 8 min qtrs. (no I do not think we should make Qtrs longer) so I feel like guys shouldn't be allowed to run the clock until the 4th Qtr. I get that no one wants to risk losing a potential win and you have the right to run the clock. But most XP is based off a number of catches, tackles etc. and by running the clock you not only demoralize your opponent by having them sit there and watch a game clock tick over and over but you make it so neither team can reach their XP goals. I do not know how you could police this. I know guys take time to find and call their play, need to audible etc. but when it only takes 20 secs in first half then in 2nd half takes all 40 every play I find that some what cheap. Yes I know its my responsibility to get a stop to prevent this, its just lame when you only get a couple of possessions a game due to this. Others opinions??.

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:04 pm

I think clock killing is lame also.

I use zone because man cover generally sucks this year. If you want to make man a smidge better i'd be cool with that. I have revis and drc so that'll wirk for me lol.
My biggest complaint however is that Charlie is winning to much. If we can figure out a way to stop that, that'd be great.
Other than those three things I prefer you to leave everthing else alone. The game is great.
Running is hard but that is due to a crappy oline. In gamma I can run way better because of my line. Don't punish those who drafted a good line by making everyone else's better.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:06 am

albundy4td1game wrote:

I want to start by saying running clock is part of football. I understand this and agree that it is a way to manage the game and win. However we only play 8 min qtrs. (no I do not think we should make Qtrs longer) so I feel like guys shouldn't be allowed to run the clock until the 4th Qtr. I get that no one wants to risk losing a potential win and you have the right to run the clock. But most XP is based off a number of catches, tackles etc. and by running the clock you not only demoralize your opponent by having them sit there and watch a game clock tick over and over but you make it so neither team can reach their XP goals. I do not know how you could police this. I know guys take time to find and call their play, need to audible etc. but when it only takes 20 secs in first half then in 2nd half takes all 40 every play I find that some what cheap. Yes I know its my responsibility to get a stop to prevent this, its just lame when you only get a couple of possessions a game due to this. Others opinions??.

I agree 100% - and I do my BEST to snap just like I do when I am winning in the 4th quarter as I do earlier in the game (in fact I may snap faster because I want to be CLEAR that I am NOT running clock...

There are other guys who get a lead in the 4th and suddenly take a bit longer to select their play, make a few more audibles or "hush the crowd" - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE - YOUR OPPONENTS KNOW TOO (your not fooling anyone) - so don't be a goof - SNAP THE BALL LIKE YOU NORMALLY DO (until last 3 minutes of game - then rules say that you can blatantly run clock)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:08 am

Is there any way to find out the ZONE vs MAN % in the NFL?
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:14 am

Maddening isn't it? wrote:I think clock killing is lame also.

I use zone because man cover generally sucks this year. If you want to make man a smidge better i'd be cool with that. I have revis and drc so that'll wirk for me lol.
 My biggest complaint however is that Charlie is winning to much. If we can figure out a way to stop that, that'd be great.
Other than those three things I prefer you to leave everthing else alone. The game is great.
Running is hard but that is due to a crappy oline. In gamma I can run way better because of my line. Don't punish those who drafted a good line by making everyone else's better.

I am not going to call out anyone runs clock - but I will recognize a few guys WHO DEFINITELY DO NOT RUN CLOCK UNTIL THE LAST 3 MINUTES - this guys deserve some props!!!

RIPPATILLMAN
KROCKGIZMO
XBEASTEMODE
FOOTBALLMAN
KAVORKA2
RAMBROBLACK
Gpatt
General Hon

Classy play by these guys!!!! U get KUDOS!

* but I do recognize that generally guys are on best behaviour when they play me - so maybe I am not the right guy to point this info out!!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:53 am

You crack me up Greener. I did not kill clock. I do a lot of shifts, audibles, hot routes, and line protections. If I take a bit longer when the game is close it is to make sure I don't fuck up. I was still passing wasn't I?

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:58 am

I picked my plays at the same speed. It's a press of the button. I pick plays at random. I simply to a tiny bit longer at the line to make sure that what I was doing is what I wanted to do in a game that was so close. You act like I took it down to 3-5 secs everytime. I die not. Hell, we have witnesses thay seen you took longer to pick your plays than me and you needed to hurry up.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:43 pm

please do not change any sliders just yet! let's finish the season then have some discussion about things.

I also agree with albundy4td, some people drafted their team to play mainly a zone defense. Both zone and man defense can be beaten by selecting the RIGHT plays and actually executing correctly. Once people start getting used to beating some zones, things will normalize... hopefully.

In my opinion, making it harder to play vs. man to man defense is just a "quick fix"

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down