* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

IS this chessey

+5
Rui_F
mblammers
JDB721
falconfansince81
jmojsoski
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IS this chessey Empty IS this chessey

Post by jmojsoski Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:18 am

How do you guys feel about people who use there CBs as WR? Is it chessey when they use there CBs as wide outs eventhough they have enough wideouts to fill the position? Should there be a rule against this or is it common sense ( to me) that this is something you dont do? What are your thoughts? Chessey or NOT?
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

IS this chessey Empty Re: IS this chessey

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:26 am

idk, i rather line up vs the teams best corner than some of the average receivers. since speed and catch are all matter they're just numbers and names to me. BUT, realistically no i don't see a coach putting in his starting CB over a WR unless it was an injury related situation. there also isn't much common sense in shitting all over the guy you beat who said gg...just state your case next time rather than being an asshole plz. last thing i want is people bitchin about each other...btw you nano all the time jmo lol. prolly your nickle cb blitz as i explained, as i know your not the type...just try and refrain from flaming other league guys before we get clarification. THANKS!! cheers
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:31 am

fuck that..i stated my case with evidence no need to show sportsmanship when your opponent chessey, imma treat them like the ranked bums they are....they dont dersever my sportsmanship..and he says i nano all day, however were is his proof? he plays the he said she say game, i show facts and what have you done?
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:34 am

And if you prefer ppl to use the CBs on O in your league, I posted it here so everyone can have the same advantage that other people have? AND for those who don't know its not a rule, so welcome it and embrace it, because its fair to do it..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:38 am

and just to straighten out the facts....DNT anyone EVER THINK, IF YOU EVER DO SOME CHEATING SHIT LIKE THAT ON ME AGAIN YOU WILL WIN...WE DONT PLAY THOSE GAMES, I THRIVE ON BEATING CHUMPS, THATS THE ONLY REASON I CONTINUE TO PLAY RANKED GAMES...AND IF YOU CHEAT YOU DON'T DESERVE SPORTSMANSHIP
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by JDB721 Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Agreed using Rodgers-Cromartie or guys of his speed who are CBs as WRs is cheesy.
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

IS this chessey Empty idk

Post by mblammers Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:24 pm

I'm kind of torn. I know Deion was a once in a generation talent, but its not unheard of to put a talented corner at WR.
It is also a heck of a risk - fumbles, injury, fatigue, drops etc. Not to mention the fact that if they are putting in a gimmick guy it will likely distract them from running a balanced attack - they will likely end up forcing it to him when they shouldn't.
I guess my .02 = cheesy, but not worth banning.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 pm

i asked for video evidence too, til then its irrelevant. i can make a poll, but as far as realism is concerned i don't see a reason for it to be allowed. see if anyone else has any thoughts...i played 6 ranked games so far...its unreal how bad lobby players are and what they resort to doing to get a win.

no def not worth banning, but not worth hate messaging the guy either...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:05 pm

I think overall its not very sportsmanlike but there are 2 levels to it.

If the person has the guy on his depth chart as the #3 or #4 WR so you know every time he goes 4 wide that reves will probably be there(a guy playing both ways is going to have stamina problems) and his speed are there then you can adjust, not realistic or very sim but at least you see it coming.

If the person manually subs then while that might be more "realistic" because that's what deion, woodson, champ have done a HAND FULL of times over their CAREERS (not 10 times per game every season), BUT its not very fair to your opponent or sportsman like due to the fact madden cant adjust on the fly to personnel changes. Same thing as the guy that was using Hester as a TE in a TE screen play in another post I saw or putting a guy like austin as your #4 in a 4 wide set, it happens in real life sometimes but in game there is little you can do to adjust once the play is called if you even see it.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:19 pm

dnt make a poll Flacon you message was very clear in this quote "idk, i rather line up vs the teams best corner than some of the average receivers. since speed and catch are all matter they're just numbers and names to me."....this means me as stated in your message to me, it does not matter, and why should it....And the reason, im very pissed cuz you handled it poorly, and yes EVERY CHESSEY Deserves HATE MAIL IN MY OPINION, why else do we play league games, because chessers piss US (those who play in these leagues) the FUCK OFF...to bad for that guy, HE DIDNT WIN.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:25 pm

AND RUIF, it was the first case you stated...his depth chart was, 2 WR 2HB and 1CB....constantly comes out in 5 WR sets, however, when you see the formation on ur screen on D, it shows 2WR, 2HB sets...as a result, you dnt no the corner is on the field unless he passes to him, which is shown in the stats on the game...that shit piss me of, bcuz you cant match up personal wise becuz the formation is fucked up bcuz he plays his 2 HB as his 3 &4 WR..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Oh yeah Jmo I see what u saying, yeah that would make it more annoying.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:57 pm

look, i just gave you TWO perspectives on it...you chose to focus on the one that was MY OPINION rather than the unbiased logical premise which was derived from what other people had to say. there are also 31 OTHER opinions i'd like to hear, i don't want to just make rules or kick people out based on one persons opinion as to whats cheesy or not without at least hearing what some other people think, if that were the case we'd be 6 or 7 people short already. some guys just need to be told once what not to do (since its obviously too inconvenient for them to read the rules) and they respect the rule enough to follow it, if they don't then they can gtfo.

one solution could be they have to be subbed in at depth chart prior to the game, no play screen subs allowed? cause there are nfl players who transition into other roles on the field, although rare it can happen.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by JDB721 Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:21 pm

I think you should make the poll and see what everyone thinks. Personally, I believe that maybe once a game should be the maximum for using players on opposite sides of the field. Like RUI said, the marquee CBs in the history capable of playing both in the NFL have only done this a hand full of time in their entire careers. Jmos point. You are completely right about deceiving personal by playing HBs at WR 3/4 to make it appear that you only need two corners when you should break out 3 or 4 or master blitz like JMO. I don't know how to handle the formation issue and I sure as hell don't want to be called a sim nazi lol Even though collectively, half the guys might oppose certain topics up for discussion if they are successful with whatever is up for discussion. This is when commissioners have to come together and decide. I'm just glad i don't have to break 'Im just a Bill' for LanaKILAiau again. Whew!
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

IS this chessey Empty We should BAN it.

Post by mblammers Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Let me clarify my .02

I do think it is cheesy.
I don't think it is TOTALLY unrealistic.
I do think that the game's lack of notification of substitutions sucks.

Therefore, if the question is what remedy I would suggest, I think that situational subbing of borderline innapropriate players should be BANNNED. Just because SOME real-life teams with SOME players have used SOME quirky or creative personnel packages in the last 20 years is not strong enough justification to allow cheese in SIM leagues.

This rule would apply to putting in a reciever as a tight end, or a cb as a wr, or even subbing in a scrambling qb situationally.
YES, all of these thing might have happend OCCASIONALLY in real life over the years, but let's remember the point of a SIM league. Try to make your gameplan realistic, and don't try to "hide the ball". Trickery based on poor programming by ea should not be allowed, no matter how creative your justification.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:04 pm

so banning the pre play substitution of players into positions not designated on the depth chart sounds reasonable?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:14 pm

On offense only, yes.
Also, with the caveat that pre-programmed sub packeages (like jumbo) should still be allowed.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:56 pm

mblammers wrote:On offense only, yes.
Also, with the caveat that pre-programmed sub packeages (like jumbo) should still be allowed.

i think thats fair, cause sometimes i like to sub in offensive lineman rather than te's in my i form big package since i don't like my goaline plays. so, pre play substitutions created to disguise the actual play set (ie fb for wr, cb for wr, wr for te) are illegal. if you chose to start different players they must be substituted through the depth chart. sound good? anyone else?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:08 pm

So you would still be able to have a cb(or anybody in any position for that matter) at wr in depth chart just not sub on the fly?

Just looking for clarity not endorsing/disapproving in any way.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDB721 Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:45 pm

mblammers wrote:Let me clarify my .02

I do think it is cheesy.
I don't think it is TOTALLY unrealistic.
I do think that the game's lack of notification of substitutions sucks.

Therefore, if the question is what remedy I would suggest, I think that situational subbing of borderline innapropriate players should be BANNNED. Just because SOME real-life teams with SOME players have used SOME quirky or creative personnel packages in the last 20 years is not strong enough justification to allow cheese in SIM leagues.

This rule would apply to putting in a reciever as a tight end, or a cb as a wr, or even subbing in a scrambling qb situationally.
YES, all of these thing might have happend OCCASIONALLY in real life over the years, but let's remember the point of a SIM league. Try to make your gameplan realistic, and don't try to "hide the ball". Trickery based on poor programming by ea should not be allowed, no matter how creative your justification.

This right here
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Rui_F wrote:So you would still be able to have a cb(or anybody in any position for that matter) at wr in depth chart just not sub on the fly?

Just looking for clarity not endorsing/disapproving in any way.

yeah cause apparently you can disguise a cb as a te or rb, so when you see what personnel your opp is going to come out in its really misleading to see 3 wr instead of 2 because he had subbed in a cb at wr. if you do it in depth chart you can't disguise it.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

IS this chessey Empty Maybe I'm Biased

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:23 pm

But anything the defender can't prepare for ahead of time should not be allowed. I just played someone, who will remain nameless, that used DRC as a receiver, put his 2nd and 3rd string HBs in the slots in his 4WR sets so when I prepared my D it looked like 2HB, 2WR, 1TE...AND only ran a mix of crossing routes, screens, and 4WR routes that sent the slots into the flats. What made matters worse is that on the first attempt at the game I was doing a good job and had it at 7-7 with 2min left in the 2nd qtr and had just returned a pick to his 25. Then the game disconnects. Next time through, I wasn't about to ask him for the points I would have gotten, but I would have at least expected him to offer to give me the ball at half like I was supposed to get, which he didn't. That 2nd time through I just wasn't able to keep up with all the trickers AND the constant cross/flat/screen nonsense. He didn't run the ball too well, but when you throw that in with what he was doing through the air and it was tough. On defense, he literally dropped everyone but one defender in coverage and ran a QB spy with the last. All that being said, I was still only down 9-0 with a little over 2min left when I had a brown-out at my house. Knowing how the EA servers are, or even the fact that this was in one of the leagues not for new players where someone would pull some disconnecting BS, he still counted the game. Point being, SIM should be defined as playing in a way reflective of real life. In real life there's no BS return glitches, QBs aren't subbed out situationally, Defensive players don't play offense (not since primetime), small wide receivers don't line up at TE, teams don't call more screens, crossing routes, flat routes and any of that other bullshit than they do normal plays, don't run no huddle offenses (expect the colts or under 2min). Yet 85% of the players here (if not more) do that kinda shit. Is some of that beatable? Yeah (sometimes if you guess right), should we have to account for all that kind of trickery when trying to play SIM games? Fuck no. Defense is impossible enough this year and it's complete bullshit to make it harder by exploiting the stupid indicator of how many skill players of what type are on the field. The AI is retarded enough this year and it's complete bullshit to put a mix of your fastest HBs, CBs, and WRs on the field so you can run screens or plays to the flats or crossing routes for an easy 5yd gain every time. Can we make rules to prevent this stuff? Yeah. But players don't listen to them with little to no reprocussions, or we're forced to try and save replays that barely work. I thought the point of the VIP league would have been to eliminate that sort of stuff but apparently not. Is it possible to get 32 guys with some integrity together for a league with some straight up competition?

Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating. I have fun in the straight up games I play win or lose. Hell, run it down my throat and beat me? That's fine. Kill me with an aerial assault, spreading the ball all over the field? That's fine too. Shut me down on offense fine? But when it comes to people who resort that other shit I mentioned, that's what makes me want to trade this game in.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:33 pm

this is a terrible idea no cbs should not be playing offense under no circumstances just like WRs shouldnt play cb allowing them to play offense is a recipe for disaster. I dont really mind using hbs at wr situationally they even let you on the package options but to start a WR is crazy typically #3 WRs are considered starters due to they on the field just as much as fbs on some teams (colt,pats,) alot more if you look at this guy teams he obviously draft his teams with this in mind which is obviously not simin one league he has chris johnson lesean mccoy and lendale white. lendale white has the most carries he uses chris johnson mostly at wr 104 catches and mccoy at wr also i cant see how this is kool. teams only use defenders on offense or vice versa for emergencies due to injuries no one would ever play both sides of the ball Devin Hester came in league as a CB started all 16 games in rookie season but they wanted to give him the ball more so they switched him to WR in 2nd season not just say just let him play both sides of the field cmon this action should be frowned upon not justified. But to play Devils advocate most of the good guys have something to give them a slight advantage where its a blitz or a running play or a few money plays its still still something that will give you an advantage over alot of other players
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:34 pm

funny cheddah talking bout the same guy because those are his players lol
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:38 pm

I wouldn't be suprised if we are talking about the same guy.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum