* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

New Head Coach in Oaktown!

4 posters

Go down

New Head Coach in Oaktown! Empty New Head Coach in Oaktown!

Post by PaPZ187 Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:33 am

After former Head Coach "Dodgersfan4eva" had to leave the organization for undisclosed reasons, Al Davis had to find a replacement, and fast as the season was right around the corner.

Just so happens he found someone from an unlikely source, bitter rival San Diego's Head Coach Cheddah Cheez. Coach Cheddah and Coach PaPZ have known each other a while, running numerous scrimmages against each other in the past and bouncing ideas and strategy off each other. They came into the Madden Group the same year and after Coach PaPZ had a run in with the Canadian League Commishoner (CantBbeat League) it was time to move on.

Without a job, Coach PaPZ confined in his friend Coach Cheddah for support and advice. During the conversation, Coach Cheddah made a joke, saying "If anything else doesnt come up, I know some crazy old basterd in Oakland looking for a Head Coach". That conversation right put an idea in Coach PaPZ head, an idea that would lead him to Oakland in search for a new begining.

After a 12 hour meeting with Al Davis, where everything from coaching stategies to the type of tooth paste I use was discussed, the crazy old basterd finally said "F*ck it, you got the job, represent Oakland well or by the time Im done with you, you will be begging to go back to the Canadian League!" That said it right there, Coach PaPZ is on a year to year basis, possibly even game to game basis, you never know with crazy AL running the show!

And what do yah know? Coach PaPZ, an east coast guy with a defensive backround in the 3-4 and 4-6, had one week to prepare for the hated San Diego Chargers and his friend Coach Cheddah, a HUGE test and a chance to get on the Old Mans good side by beating a hated division rival. The game started physical and hard hitting, a battle between two Coachs who run similar systems and know each other well. It was a chess match, but in the end it came down to the basics. Ladainian Tomlinson provied a jolt against his former team, along with his protoge Reggie Bush in the ground game, running for well over 100 yards combined. The Raiders would need it, as Coach Cheddah and his defense held Joe Flacco in check, having a horrible game passing for under 50% with an INT.

It was a tough battle, a big pick by CB Eric Wright put the game out of reach as he returned it for a TD. The Chargers have heart though and never gave up, despite a late deficet, and scored a TD late to bring the score to 24-18 with less than a minute remaining. It all came down to the onside kick, Al Davis sat in his luxery box watching in anticipation as the kick was bobbled but barely recovered by the Raiders! It was a great game, a tough win first win for Coach PaPZ against a division rival in one of the toughest divisions in football. This rivalry is far from over, but it got off to a great start for the Raiders.

Next week, another big test for Coach PaPZ and his hated Raiders as we take on the defending SB Champions Denver Broncos......lets see if he can keep his job for another week!
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

New Head Coach in Oaktown! Empty Re: New Head Coach in Oaktown!

Post by Rui_F Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:46 am

Being a Raiders Fan for life some points:

#1 Go Raiders as long as you ain't playing me
#2 Al is crazier then cheeze whiz every coach since John Madden has been on a month to month contract.
#3 If you dont go deep at least 10 times in a game you will be fired, Al will call down from the owners box or his fiery pit in hell and call your offense for you if you forget to.
#4 No surprise Al would sign someone from a division rival, he always interviews one or two guys from divisional rivals if for nothing else but to get insight on his opponents.

real nice post and welcome to the league.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Thanks Bro, Yeah I saw a few of your guys posts and decided to join in.

Its gonna be a fun league, alot more fun the CantBbeat's League (The Canadian League lol) thats for sure!
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:06 am

Thank you for joining PAP!!! Glad to have another legit active guy in the league.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:40 am

Deathwish22 wrote:Thank you for joining PAP!!! Glad to have another legit active guy in the league.

Hey thanks for having me Deathwish, this league (along with the CPU Draft league) are the only reason I play Madden. Its great to be in a league where the players are active and the commish is on point.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:47 pm

I appreciate the compliment...it takes more than just the commissioner though...that is a huge part...be we have a great group of guys heading into season 2.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

New Head Coach in Oaktown! Empty F You Papz

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:28 pm

I get the guy a job and he doesn't even have the heart to throw the first game? Haha, just kidding, it was a good game though. It was a serious game of field position and I often found myself buried on my own side of the field. It's rare that field position is the deciding factor in madden, but this was one of the those games. Glad we got you in the league though bro. Good luck against jmo's aerial attack. you're gonna have to play near perfect to beat him, I never have. Control that clock bro, and PLEASE steal a win from him this year and make our division crazier than it already is lol.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down