* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

A few things about the QB scrambling rule

4 posters

Go down

A few things about the QB scrambling rule Empty A few things about the QB scrambling rule

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:15 am

I think people need a clarification. Maybe I do to. But the rule is imposed to stop people from IMMEDIATELY sprinting out of the pocket or dropping back too far. It doesn't mean you HAVE to stay in the pocket no matter what. So for you people that send the house, do overload blitzes so 2 guys come free, or drop 8-9 guys back in coverage...DON'T CRY WHEN A PLAYER EXPLOITS THAT. Also, it's allowable for players to stand there for a read or 2 and then move around, rush or not. Just like in real life. As a QB you have a counter in your head (unless you're one of the more sack prone QBs *cough Cutler*) that says either throw the ball or run like hell after about 3 1/2 seconds. I do the same in Madden. It's realistic. In fact, sometimes (I mostly play with scrambling QBs since Cassel sucked balls and it's more like how I was) I'll take a snap with Vince and run it straight up the middle. Do players panic one or two times a game, and sprint out of the pocket unrightfully or too soon? Yeah, but get over it, it's a mistake.
It's incredibly aggravating when I play these players, they send the house, I run for 10...they drop 8, I run for 15...they continue to do the same things, and I take my team upfield doing the same thing, and then after the game they bitch about cheese. Really? Do you watch football? You think Mike Vick, Vince Young, or Terrell Pryor (for you college fans) is gonna take their drop see 8 men in coverage 25 yds behind the LOS, three rushers, one of which is on the ground, and still try and throw the ball in there? Well Pryor might because he's an overrated OSU dbag, but that's a different story. Vick and Young will take off hands down every time. So before you go crying cheese, think about what you're doing and don't cry because I'm beating it. Change up your steez to something more efficient.

Oh and 8 in coverage, 2 contain, 1 spy is pretty lame, and won't work.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

A few things about the QB scrambling rule Empty Re: A few things about the QB scrambling rule

Post by Rui_F Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 pm

I think the rule should just be simplified if you hit the sprint button then you gotta run it with the qb. I agree all qbs move in and out of the pocket but 95% of the time if a guy brings the ball down and starts running regardless if its vick or brees then he his going to scramble, not go sideways for 20 yards and try to throw. moving sideways at regular speed is normal or in a playaction situation where the cpu adjust automatically to the moving pocket is normal. running sideways for 20 yards, stopping on a dime and throwing a 60 yard bomb is not normal.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

A few things about the QB scrambling rule Empty Re: A few things about the QB scrambling rule

Post by JDB721 Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:31 pm

Youre right Rui
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:06 pm

I still have to disagree Rui. There's really only 2 QB speeds in madden, not sprinting and sprinting. In real life there's different levels of that. I can think of plenty of times I've seen McNabb full on sprinting out of the pocket, on a straight line towards the sideline, only to chuck a 40yd bomb downfield that usually gets picked but sometimes is caught. Same with Big Ben, Vick, Vince, Homo, and a bunch of other QBs that move around. I'll give you that they don't necessarily full out sprint, but they're definitely running a hell of a lot faster than they are when they move inside the pocket. Also, to say that when you bring the ball down you should have to run is unfair. There's times when I drop back, feel the rush coming outside and past my blockers (like some players will take a fast end and sprint AROUND the blockers), so I step into the pocket, can't find anything then have to sprint out. If I were to do the last part of that without touching R2, then I'd never make it out of the pocket. If I had to run after that last part, I'd be screwed if I wanted to keep looking downfield. I think the rule is fine as is...don't sprint out of the pocket without sitting in there to make some reads, and don't drop back more than 17yds...all else is fair game. If you're sick of people taking off on you, just contain with your ends. People used to run on me a lot, but after I started doing that everyone that's tried has gotten sacked or been forced into throwing dangerous passes.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:30 pm

actually I don't mind people taking off thats why I say simplify the rule, otherwise its open to interpretation by whoever is playing. Lets just looks at the rule. It does not say from the initial snap that you can't roll out and throw the ball is says "QB are PROHIBITED from doing UNREALISTICALLY LONG DROP BACKS AND SPRINT OUTS (on pass plays that designed for being thrown from a standard pocket) It goes on to say ,more than 3 yards outside of the pocket in plays that are designed to be thrown from a standard pocket... and note: The lateral movement does not apply to ADHOC QB scrambles..." so if you are in no trouble in the pocket you can move 3 yards without a sprint outside of the pocket, once you hit sprint it should be too run forward or to avoid a blitzer not to go find a better angle for your throw. That's what this part of the rule was written to stop. Also in my humble opinion running full speed for 20 yards sideways with no one chasing you stopping on a dime and throwing a 60 yard accurate bomb while being possible constitutes "UNREALISTICALLY LONG DROP BACKS AND SPRINT OUTS". If I saw someone do it once I might say dude was gonna run it and saw something oh well whatever, but someone does it 3 4 5 times in a game while using crossing routes and slats all game then well that's something else.

Rule:
QB are PROHIBITED from doing UNREALISTICALLY LONG DROP BACKS AND SPRINT OUTS (on pass plays that designed for being thrown from a standard pocket)... A QB cannot drop back farther than 12 yards from the Line of scrimage... The QB cannot move laterally (as a preplanned sprint out) more than 3 yards outside of the pocket in plays that are designed to be thrown from a standard pocket...

note: The lateral movement does not apply to ADHOC QB scrambles...
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Ohhhh I see what you're saying Rui. Before you didn't specify sprinting with no one chasing you. My whole disagreement with that was based on the fact that I have rushers coming at me from different angles and you didn't want me to sprint?!?! Lol, but yeah i think in situations where there are no rushers or only a single rusher that is easily navigated away from/around, theres no need to sprint.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:54 pm

exactly cheddah which is why in our game yesterday there were a few times u went outside the pocket or ran vince and I had no problems to me it was only natural what you were doing, because vince was gonna get popped, not "UNREALISTIC" as per the rule.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:58 pm

I agree cheddah, and I know I have been one of the ones complaining about the Dropback rule the most. I dont have a problem with you running from my defenders. The problem (cheese) is when people instantly sprint backwards after taking the snap. It is extremely rare to see a QB turn his back to the defense, and if he does it almost always ends up bad. (unless its romo or big ben who get lucky as shit all the time)

The people I am calling out are the ones SPRINTING backwards... totally unrealistic. Even on screens... the QB drops back... looking downfield so that it looks like he is going to pass, he then dumps it off to the RB. On a screen the QB never turns his back to the LOS and sprints backwards, which is what a lot of people are doing.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Don't feel that way tomer, bc I complain about the QB rule too from time to time, but mostly because of the dropbacks like you're describing. It's rare that I'll blitz on passing downs, because theres just too many holes in the D with the AI the way it is, yet I still see people dropping really far back, so I feel your pain. I agree with you that turning your back to the LOS and sprinting is dead cheese, even on screens. I even allow people a little leighway (sp?) on screens because sometimes the RB is an idiot and gets caught running into lineman and doesnt get out of the backfield and into the flats, but the moment they turn their back is when it becomes ridiculous.

Usually, when I see the RB get held up I'll start rolling to a side rather than keep dropping back, or if he's covered I just throw it away and chalk it up to good D. I hate when people call a screen just so they can drop back and then wait for another WR to get open and hit him. It's happened to me an alarming number of times
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down