* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

PATCH #4 IS HERE!!!!

3 posters

Go down

PATCH #4 IS HERE!!!! Empty PATCH #4 IS HERE!!!!

Post by Deathwish22 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 am

Finally!!! Just logged on this morning @ 7:30 AM EST...and am currently downloading the new patch. Woohoo!.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

PATCH #4 IS HERE!!!! Empty Re: PATCH #4 IS HERE!!!!

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:42 am

Let me get this straight though, it didn't address any gameplay issues this time right? Just connection issues, ultimate team, and some other cosmetic bs?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:54 pm

you got it cheddah, just wait til you see the playoff game i recorded...talk about bs, i about the threw game in the trash afterwards...really glad i recorded it though, perfect example of scripted and predetermined gameplay to create given scenarios to make the game more 'exciting', but not to alter the decided outcome that was already established before we even kicked off. my team was rated lower, he was home...there was no way the cpu was going to let me win this game...and it pulled out all the stops. should be posting tonight...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:07 pm

haha can't wait for this one. It's funny that you mention that, I was talking about it with either Papz or Slick the other day and it seems like most games the AI decides to come up with the most "r word" events at the most inopportune times. Especially when it comes to fumbles. It seems like if there's an important part of the game, whether it be before half to extend/close on a lead, a drive to extend/close a lead, or something like that, SOMEONE is going to fumble. In my last couple games I've made efforts to switch in a running back every two plays to avoid fumbles, put running backs in to field punts/kr's, and players STILL cough it up. It's insane. Even holding the ball protect button I have players putting it on the ground. Int's I can live with bc that's User based.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:08 pm

totally agree, i would MUCH rather lose the game on my own account than be cheated by the rubberband ai. i'll try and find the quote that ian cummings made when they programmed this into the next gen maddens to keep games close when user error was not prevalent.

i had a really hard time saying gg, like...i know its not his fault...i said best of luck in the playoffs and your a great player but i just can't for the life of me call that a gg, it was laughable at best. not to discredit his game at all, just the way the cpu intereferred with plays in the game were just blatently obvious...i was literally calling what would happen on the next play. one situation where i could have taken the lead, a td pass is called back on holding. 3rd and 10...big play for a nice gain...1st down? nope, clipping. 3rd and 15...now, i know madden won't call 3 penalties in a row, so the likely outcome will be a dropped pass. heres the throw from sage...right on the money, wide open...boink...dropped.

it was out of control, i'll try and add commentary as i was calling it in game to even point out situations where i was on his 10 with 30 seconds left down 8 and rather than give him an int to end the game the cpu forces his to drop a duck pass right to his cb. i was dyin lol...i rather be blown out 50-0 but a good player of my own bad decisions than cheated by the cpu any day.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Yeah I know what you mean man. I'll take my losses to the good players any day no matter the score. But when I can literally see the AI dicking me over there's nothing more frustrating. I don't care what a receiver's rating is, if they're in the NFL and wide open, they won't just let a ball hit them in the chest. Same with defenders, if my linebacker is standing stationary, and a ball is thrown directly at him, more times than not it should be a catch. I get it, where on the move linebackers and corners don't have the best of hands, but when you get to the pro level, most anyone can stand still and catch a football. Penalties...that's another story. I haven't really had a problem with them, but I do think the balancing is off. I see facemask animations that don't receive penalties. You can pretty much pass interfere at will too...on both sides of the ball.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:42 pm

got my first PI call last night as well, just jumped for the int and it flagged me for no good reason...but i was playing in SD so all i can really see are the names below the players. i'll edit it tonight though, you'll get a kick out of it and i think a lot of people will relate.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Yeah I think they call PI if you make contact on the jump...SOMETIMES. but if you cut them off on their route it doesn't call it
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:31 am

The patch didn't fix shit with the connection issues. I still can't connect to Surfnturf90. WTF????
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down