* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy?

+13
saastar
jmojsoski
Mjkight
Icebreaker009
GREENERRRR
tomer629
Deathwish22
bigbuddah
slickmonkyz
kavorka2
falconfansince81
Cheddah_Cheez
ezweightloss
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy? Empty does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy?

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 pm

i've played him twice now and he has successfully sucked all the fun out of the the game we all love in my opinion.. it's no longer a chess match, and strategical war, with him its just get +95 speed at every position send three dudes to the same general area so whether it's man or zone some1 will be open. i know it's technically not breaking any rules but it is borderline cheezy. i just wanna hear your guys' opinions, see if i'm the only one that feels this way. i play madden to have fun not to watch people exploit ai... i dont think it's a coincidence that he leads almost every league he is in in receiving with some speed demon (i.e. devin hester, randy mcclain) if no one can stop it isn't that the definition of cheeze?

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy? Empty Re: does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy?

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:30 pm

I've only played him once, but I do remember posting about it. I've seen some complaints but a lot of guys don't seem to care. I agree with you though.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy? Empty Re: does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy?

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:35 pm

see idc about the loss that much. but i wanna atleast be able to have fun you know?

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:49 pm

every person that every plays him sends me the same message about him, but hes still here so...whatever. i don't have a problem with him, he usually beats me not by playcalling but by simple speed/speed mismatches that hinder the gameplay. hes certainly not unbeatable, but since i play in a realistic style its probably not gonna happen too much unless i open a can of cheese...and thats just not how i roll.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:01 pm

he's been playin like that since last year (all speed). Unfortunately, all the times i've played against him this year, it gets D/C. and it sucks because he is in my division in one of my leagues. One time the dam game wouldn't even start.

I usually scout to see which of his recievers he likes throwin to the most, and in one game i knew he was going to target Johnny knox alot in the slot. I made him punt his first drive, and second drive I user picked him on his crossing route with knox. game got D/C'ed after that... anyways, well i dont have THAT MUCH experience this year with him, but i do think its possible to stop it. i still think it might be a little cheesy on his part (just running cross routes with speed guys) especially since we run sim leagues and we avoid the lobby room mentality.

*on a side note, I ran into some guy that would come out in the same formation most of the time, and would AUDIBLE or HOT ROUTE every single play which would make my defense go crazy and change man responsabilites so some of his guys would be wide open. i think its a madden glitch and we have to make a rule about that. Its fine to hot route and audible, but not like this, im talking about repeatedly hot routing on A SINGLE PLAY, and makes your defense AI matchup with the farthest player it seems.

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:07 pm

kavorka2 wrote:*on a side note, I ran into some guy that would come out in the same formation most of the time, and would AUDIBLE or HOT ROUTE every single play which would make my defense go crazy and change man responsabilites so some of his guys would be wide open. i think its a madden glitch and we have to make a rule about that. Its fine to hot route and audible, but not like this, im talking about repeatedly hot routing on A SINGLE PLAY, and makes your defense AI matchup with the farthest player it seems.

thats what the bears user did in my vip game. audible, wide open streak every time defenders nowhere around with cover 3 or cover 4 variations, which either way should have 3 or 4 deep at all times. however after the audibles and multiple hot routes sure enough theres my db playing catchup 5 yards back with a safety nowhere to be found. only happened when he audibled, i noticed this...and have the video of it as well. sure, i could've played safety...but i play lb, and don't care enough to switch off to stop the glitch.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:15 pm

really? that works with zone defense too? I would think its mostly on man 2 man defense since in zone they don't have to switch their assignment (just my thought though). I played the Bears last night and besides two long throws in the final seconds, he had like 40 passing yards or something. Or maybe he just wasn't doing that against me...

but I didn't see him doing stuff like the other guy I played, probably like 10 hot routes on a single play (no joke)

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:21 pm

i know it's not unstoppable. i was actually winning for a fair portion on the game. and then he threw the same play twice to devin hester in the 4th to win by 14. it was a weird cross. and he would roll out to the right for the angle and td everytime. he did the same thing when i played him in mullets. ofcourse we can all beat this if we use cheeze ourselves but that just gets rid of the whole point of this league. i think something should be done as far as RO88. i think a warning is good for now and if he continues this then we can look for a further repremand such as booting or losing players/draft picks..

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Ezweightloss- actually I'm pretty sure he's had warnings already... even a member of the Gov.Council had a complaint about this same thing.

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:26 pm

and what is also uncalled for is his disrespect... i called him out after our game with no disrespect to him personally then he proceeds to name call (bum, crybaby, etc) and become quite frustrated. you think people would learn after what happened to jdb..

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:27 pm

and kight kicked him from that league already so that should already show us that it isnt the kinda player we want in the madden group

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by slickmonkyz Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:55 pm

i posted something about the guy 3-4 weeks ago in greeners lg. nodody read it apparently
slickmonkyz
slickmonkyz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:56 pm

its raining now!

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by slickmonkyz Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:05 pm

btw randy moss got released lol
slickmonkyz
slickmonkyz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:38 pm

ive been saying this since the first time i played him. but he has never beaten me and idk why not. he came close 1x tho in a playoff game caus he had 2 IOR's and i was streaming that game and ppl watching saw it. his roster should be illegal and i think he can be cheesey at times just gotta deal with it since he doesnt break any rules. well he broke 3 that i can remember. first time i played him he had antonio cromartie on offense the whole game. then in another franchise someone said he put hester at TE and did TE screens to him. and he did 2 IOR's on me in that playoff game and yet he is still here so i guess ppl dont care.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:54 pm

i'm part of the gov. council and i see huge faults here. i believe if we don't put an end to this it will deteriorate our league and next thing you know instead of having one cheezer we have a multiple because they think it's okay by playing guys like him. i will talk to greener about it and maybe put a poll up and vote on it as a group. but obviously i'm not the only one thinking this.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:40 pm

poll is the best way to go, i personally wouldn't vote him out cause i like the guy...and despite his 'antics' hes good competition and we can talk shit to each other over the mic. until he finally hits knox deep and i fumble the game away. after that i tell him how much i hate him and his stupid team lol, but we've been on good terms so it's hard to vote someone out i've had many gaming experiences with.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:49 pm

I wouldn't vote him out either...jus think their should be a way to restrict speed on teams to promote better sim play caus noone should have a team full of slot wr fast wrs like he has but idk if that would be far.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:26 pm

well ior's are illegal.. and while it is good competition it sucks the fun out. and the level of disrespect he shows for fellow players is not what i like to see.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Well I think if this many people have complained about him something should be done. And I def remember watching buddah's gm where that happened.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:48 pm

well i talked to greener and he is reluctant to do anything at all. it's frustrating but he will get his due eventually. i give kight alot of credit for getting rid of him already.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Every time I've played the guy this year the game has been D/C'd...his connection sucks. But other than playing with blazing speed...the guy does nothing to break the rules or even bend them...at least he didn't in the games I played him. I will say on record though...I get more complaints about the guy in my franchise than anyone else.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 am

I said he was a cheeser over a month ago. How many complaints before someone is booted?

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:34 pm

here the deal...

WE EITHER FOLLOW OUR RULES, POLICY AND PROCEDURE OR WE DONT!!! wE CASNT MAKE EXCEPTIONS - each time i play him - I LOSE - AND I AM EQUALLY AS FRUSTURATED...

if i choose to break our own rules and boot him for something THAT IS N0T ILLEGAL (i.e draftn a team with 100% speed priority at each position) - WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT ME? This is a slippery slop i dont even want to start going down - WHERE WOULD IT END??? DO WE START BOOTING GUYS BECAUSE THEY WIN ALL THE TIME??? DO WE BOOT GUYS THAT DRAFT EXCLUISIVELY POSSESSION WR (with high ratings at CTH & CIT) AND ARE ABLE TO HIT PLAYERS IN THE SEEM 100% OF THE TIME (with agunslinger like Manning or Brees)???? -

perhaps there are rules that need to be added - i am willing to consider suggestion on stopping the bogus crossing routes which some gusty run way to much...

PERHAPS OUR REPETIVE PLAYCALLING THRESHOLD NEEDS TO BE LOWERED FORM 20% TO 15??? (BTW I SUGGESTED THIS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR AND WAS VETOEED BY THE3 GOVERNING COUNCIL)... Or we have a SPECIFIC repetive play calling threshold (that is lower) for CROSSING ROUTES???

i AM INTERESTED TO HEARING SOME IDEAS TO FIX THIS????
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:59 pm

thats why i made a cpu draft league, trying to avoid the speed drafting...its all i could think of to get around the issue. until other ratings on defense actually hold weight i think we're at a standstill.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum