* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy?

+13
saastar
jmojsoski
Mjkight
Icebreaker009
GREENERRRR
tomer629
Deathwish22
bigbuddah
slickmonkyz
kavorka2
falconfansince81
Cheddah_Cheez
ezweightloss
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy? - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy?

Post by ezweightloss Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:53 pm

i think repetitive route running should be but into the rules.

but as far a ro88 goes... obviously many people have seen him bend the rules (via route running and ior's) i was watching a commercial the other day and it said, "it's not about if you win or lose, it's about how you play the game.." which i believe is something we all should believe in the madden group. but what concerns me the most, is his blatant disrespect and namecalling. i know for a fact i am not the only one he has done this to, because when he had a run in with kight he did the same. i'm sure there are others he has done this to as well. and we all saw the explosion jdb caused. but how is this any different or than he isnt active on the boards so doesnt post it here but rather through psn messages...

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy? - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy?

Post by Icebreaker009 Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:37 am

I just played this guy a little before he quit to sim the game and I found some of the same things everyone else has posted. The speed is unbelievable it's extremely hard to stop both on offense and defense which gives him an advantage anyway his roster is the real cheez. He loved throwing the ball into the flats to McFadden which he went to a lot. He did that and he either tosses one long to run under the ball or scrambles around and throws across his body to find the open wr when he rolls way out right. On defense he subs in a cb to safety to add a 96 speed at safety (not sure if this is against the rules) to return int, since no safety in the game has that speed. He wasn't cheezing all game but he defiantly did in parts.
Icebreaker009
Icebreaker009
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 am

RO88 was booted from kight lg for extreme cheez and lack of respect for his opponents.

Its funny because you guys talk about his speed and hester at te but i can tell you about 4 more ways he tries to take advantage of the cpu in ways others dont.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:14 am

"i think repetitive route running should be but into the rules." if this is done, im gone...that is foolish and unsim like, "repetitive route running should be but into the rules" you guys are already trying to go down that route with trying to limit crossing routes....you guys sit here and play man coverage or cover the deep ball and post so well, that you force others to rely on check downs and short routes. You can't stop these routes so you try to limit let them? Try practicing? or try picking your poison you can't shut down everything, you cover the deep ball people go short, you play the short stuff people go deep..

with all these new rules trying to seep in your ideal of sim football will become an utter joke... much like this video. And they call that football?lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BFaykcxGg&feature=player_embedded#!

Comment a youtube user left:
iSmokeLikeBobMarley
1 hour ago "You Canadians really know how to ruin football, lol. Those are some awful rules."

Same way i feel about you guys and trying to come up with some of these crazy rules.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 pm

@ kight: can you please bring this to greener's attention so we don't have do deal with it in other leagues.

@jmo: see i don't think it should be ridiculously regulated but if you run the same route on say 50% to 75% of your plays i think that should be illegal.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:26 pm

do you see the nfl changing to make rule changes about running a two minute offense. God knows everyone would like to have a rule limiting the two minute offense because it would limit the best QB in the game known as manning. The man runs a no huddle Offense because he wants the advantage, the advantage being the D is unable to sub. No if people would run no huddle O's here, everyone would b!tch and claim it to be unsim. Now, my point is, if your frustrated with something or cant stop it, your only chances is to limit it? Now if you was to regulate routes, then you would be dictating where people can pass and not? also, it would force people to run more, which means, you would force people out of there gameplans and playing styles. I am frankly getting sick and tried of this cr@p. People complaining about the route running... Why are you complaining? Is it because you can't stop it? or it is chesse? if it is chesse, how is it chesse? how is running a slant all the time, unsim? maybe you should rematch the 2008 patriots O. Randy moss only ran go routes and deep post while wes walker ran crossing routes and screens. You saying an Offense that exactly amulates and NFL O is chesse?
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Don't get me wrong Jmo, because I AM NOT IN FAVOR of limiting crossing routes or anything of that nature at all. But when people constantly run crossing routes it's almost unstoppable, especially if you have really fast WRs. Take our last game for example. If I manually cover one of the men crossing, you threw to the other. If I pull my safety into the equation, you ignored both crossers and threw to another speedy receiver over top where my safety was. If I tried to pull lineman off you had all day with only two rushers coming at you and just waited til someone eventually got open, or you could've ran. If someone has three fast WRs and really wants to they can have two cross with one going deep each play and more often than no they'll move the ball. Just like how our game went. Not saying that's all you did, I'm just saying you could've done those particular plays all game and I couldn't have stopped it. Again, I'm not saying I want anything changed, just saying I see where all these guys' frustration comes from.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:47 pm

try zone...flacon runs zone alot and has great success slowing down the crossing routes....ask him, the key is to slowing them down..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:59 pm

slow down and contain, otherwise your gonna get beat deep. throw that man coverage in the trash when playing jmo unless you plan on bringing heat. if you can't user cover its gonna be a long day, and i'll be the first to say me and jmo go back n forth in our games and its always close...and FUN...i wouldn't want him to change his offense i enjoy the challenge in stopping (or trying) it.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:07 pm

flacon be quite man, let them to continue playing man..lol..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:11 pm

lol..
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:31 pm

Hahah nah I'm not asking that anyone change anything. Yeah I've been user covering but he just goes the other way...usually people panic and just force it anyway.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy? - Page 2 Empty zones dont always work

Post by saastar Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:41 pm

bc in a zone yeah u go people supposely covering everything but if someone lines up 5 wr and does crossing routes over the middle has a guy running a deep post and the other 2 running fades then more then likely someone is going to be open.. im not saying i want a rule that eliminates crossing routes bc i like to run those alot in different formations.. im just saying an zone doesnt always work either... bc most of the time when i see a guy playing zone and i got 4 or even 5 wrs or even a fast te with great release i can do seam routes and have 3 fast wrs going deep.. 2 on go routes 1 doing and actually seem and the te doing a deep post and i always will either have my te or the deep seem open every time... bc those LBs in the zone cant keep up or there is only that 1 safety back there and usually my top wr has beat his players zone down the sideline so the saftey has to choice to pick up my number 1 going deep or pick up the seem route... so zones dont always work but they do some of the times... i love running man defense.. i dont care how fast u think ur wrs are.. i have drafted just as fast cbs, fs, ss to keep up with whatever speed u put on the field so ill run man about 70% of the time... bc i have faith in my secondary...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:44 pm

saastar wrote:bc in a zone yeah u go people supposely covering everything but if someone lines up 5 wr and does crossing routes over the middle has a guy running a deep post and the other 2 running fades then more then likely someone is going to be open.. im not saying i want a rule that eliminates crossing routes bc i like to run those alot in different formations.. im just saying an zone doesnt always work either... bc most of the time when i see a guy playing zone and i got 4 or even 5 wrs or even a fast te with great release i can do seam routes and have 3 fast wrs going deep.. 2 on go routes 1 doing and actually seem and the te doing a deep post and i always will either have my te or the deep seem open every time... bc those LBs in the zone cant keep up or there is only that 1 safety back there and usually my top wr has beat his players zone down the sideline so the saftey has to choice to pick up my number 1 going deep or pick up the seem route... so zones dont always work but they do some of the times... i love running man defense.. i dont care how fast u think ur wrs are.. i have drafted just as fast cbs, fs, ss to keep up with whatever speed u put on the field so ill run man about 70% of the time... bc i have faith in my secondary...

not when i'm on lb Cool

thats the thing, zone is only playable if you can user control once the pass is released. however there are also ways i like to contain that 5 wide by coming out in nickle sub or a subbed variation of the nickle/dime and creatie a play similar to the image below on the fly using manual player audibles. it usually works good for a 3rd and long situation where you don't want to get beat by crossing routes...excuse the poor photoshop display its all i had time to do lol.

by the way this starts out as man cover one, then i audible the zones, shade deep zones and audible the cb blitz and line crash. so you basically man up their two primaries and zone off the choke points.

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy? - Page 2 2ykffoi

Last edited by falconfansince81 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

does anyone else think RO--88 is cheezy? - Page 2 Empty its ok

Post by saastar Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:52 pm

i still remember in green new franchise where i played u week one and it was hard to figure out ur defense but i think by next go around something will come together.. but yeah if u aint controlling the right person the zone can be beat but for the most part if ur doing everything right it is hard to beat...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm

see i understand running crossing routes... i just dont think it's realistic to do it on EVERY play. like chedda was pointing out. jmo it's madden and ea has screwed us over and we can't simulate real football. so we can't run 08 pats or mannings no huddle. see in real life you have human beings who can think and adjust. in madden we have animations who are worthless.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Falcon, It's funny because i know what you're doing. But to get that off using the the stratpad is insane haha. I used to think my finger dexterity was pretty good until I tried to cycle through that many players and make that many individual hot routes before a snap is called.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Falcon, It's funny because i know what you're doing. But to get that off using the the stratpad is insane haha. I used to think my finger dexterity was pretty good until I tried to cycle through that many players and make that many individual hot routes before a snap is called.

it shut him down all game just now (13-0 with 3 mins in the 4th) until the ai thought he needed more opportunities to make the game 'exciting'. our game wasn't exciting because of the rubberband ai, it was frustrating and made madden look even more like a cpu controlled version of arena football.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:12 am

jmojsoski wrote:flacon be quite man, let them to continue playing man..lol..
Ruh..roh! Feeling uneasy about info on how to stop your game being out there? LOL! You guys crack me up.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:38 am

news has been out since the beginning of season 2 in your franchise...literately everyone has stepped up their D against me... it has truly become a challenge..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:43 am

i thought of it last night, ro88 himself really isn't all that cheesy...just the way he drafts his teams are. if we met in in a lobby game atl vs anyone but the raiders (whom im sure he uses) it wouldn't even be a contest i'm confident i'd win by at least 21. and thats with the slow ass falcons...til i'm proven wrong i'll believe that too...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:11 am

This dude is a bum... its that simple

he uses glitchy borderline cheese tactics, and if he cant beat you with that then he resorts to blatantly breaking rules like the IOR

he has been reported several times with video evidence, he has had more than enough chances. He has proved that he will resort to the IOR if he needs it to win. Do we want someone like that in our league? LOL this post is 4 pages long now thats got to tell you something. People dont like playing this guy. You dont see any of the other dominant players with 4 page threads discussing how cheesy they are. Because the other guys win with skill and strategy, not cheesy teams and glitches.

Also everyone says it sucks the fun out of the game to play him, and I totally agree. I think he should be booted from EVERY frachise that he is in. We dont need bums like this ruining our leagues and taking the fun out of it, because in the end that is why we are all here... FOR FUN.

the only question is what to do with his teams, otherwise the next guy is gonna inherit a cheesy team, even if he isnt a cheesy player people are still probably gonna get annoyed.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:30 am

I don't think it's really the team. I have a team in Greener's 2nd franchise that is ALL SPEED. Desean, Miles, and Thomas at receiver, Corners at 95 spd and higher. Safetys with over 90 speed. Linebackers over 85 speed. AND I'M 3-4. It's not all about speed. Papz inherited dodger's team in DW's lg, and he's not crushing people either. So don't blame his team.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:37 am

bout time ppl realize this, speed does not dominate....cheedah bro, thankz...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Yeah I'm just saying because if I, or anyone else wants to draft an all-speed team it shouldn't be considered cheesy. There's plenty ways to beat speed. I've done it, I've had it done to me. So we can't just pass the blame to speed.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum