* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Screens and Pre-Snap Motion - need your opinion

+4
ezweightloss
surfnturf90
Vista3131
GREENERRRR
8 posters

Go down

Screens and Pre-Snap Motion - need your opinion Empty Screens and Pre-Snap Motion - need your opinion

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Last season i made up many of the rulEs without input of the governiong council (we have changed this late last yuear and have totall y made a council regarding rules thios year)... I am not meaning to be patting myself on the back - BUT I THINK OUR RULES HAVE BEEN EFFECTIVE - better than most franchises - ALTHOUGH FAR FROM PERFECT - It seems we are relying on Franchise specific rules to make up for Madden SIM deficiciencies (whioch is too bad - but we have what we have)...

I have been a few new players express that our rules should be re-evaluted...

specifically...

SCREEN PLAYS SHOULD BE SUBJECT TO THE REPETITVE PLAY CALLING RULE ONLY FROM THE FORMATION THEY CALLED FROM... (what i mean by this - is that some players are under the impression that a screen run out of strong is different form a screen run form an eye formation)

- obviously the way i have the rule written - there is no distiction given between formation when running any play (screens included)...

the current rule is as follows:

1) No single offensive play or same type of play different formation can compose no more than 20% of your play calls... (if u have 50 plays in a game - u cant run the same play more than 10 times in the entire game) - defense has no such restriction
- If a defense is in a BLITZ package - and the Offense throws a standard BLITZ COUNTER PASS (meaning - the QB reads the blitz throws a quick slant, or quick look-in pass (some call it a pro-pass) to an inside releasor (inside releasor is a TE, Flanker, Slotback, Split end, RB, FB) - IN THIS SITUATION THERE IS NO LIMIT TO CALLING THIS PLAY (in regards to repetitive playcalling) - this rule is in place because such plays are dictated by the amount of times the DEFENSE decides to BLITZ and it would be unfair for the OPPONENT TO FORCE A PLAYR INTO BREACHING A RULE...

- obviosly i supprot the rule the way it is currently worded (seeing is i wrote the thing!) but what do u guys think - give me your opinion???

2. I was told that motioning recievers b4 the snap should be illegal (because it gives away if it man or zone defense)...

I motion for many reasons - 1 benefit is a man - zone read - but their are other ways to read man or zone... Besides - i a m form CANADA - motion in Canadian football is FUNDEMENTAL (there is no restriction on the # of eligible recievers motioning in Canadian Football - as long as their is 7 men on the LOS - 2 eligible recievers and 5 Offensive linemen - if u want the other 5 players (yes we play with 12 guys too) doing an IRISH JIG behind the center - THEY CAN! (AND WE SPELL CENTER CENTRE AS WELL!) lol!...

ANYWAYS - should their be a rule against pre-snap motioning of players???... i dont watch a toinneof NFL football - but i know i see motioning occur fairly often... BUT I DONT WANT MY SLANTED CANADIAN VIEW TO OVER DICTATE OUR RULES!)

lET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK ON THSI TOO PLS!!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Screens and Pre-Snap Motion - need your opinion Empty Re: Screens and Pre-Snap Motion - need your opinion

Post by Vista3131 Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Motion is bult in alot of plays already and motion is very important because if a guy has a middle blitz on and press coverage you are screwed.

Also you as a defender can audible to Man or a zone and mess him up I do that alot.

As far as the 20 % rule NOBODY runs the same pass play 1 out of every five total plays run.

We have enough rules in place.

My opinion anyway.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Screens and Pre-Snap Motion - need your opinion Empty Re: Screens and Pre-Snap Motion - need your opinion

Post by surfnturf90 Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Definitely against the motion rule, they do it in real football for multiple reasons, one of which is to see if the defense is in man or zone. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to do the same thing in Madden, and like Vista said, you can easily audible your play right before he snaps to mess up his read.

To me, a HB screen is basically the same play, no matter the formation. And why do we need to run more than 10 hb screens of any kind in a game? I guess maybe if the defense was coming with heat every single play then maybe, but there are a lot of other plays that work just as well against a blitz.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:08 pm

against the motion rule. i rarely motion at all. i mostly just hot route. and greener is the only person i've seen motioning on a regular basis. but nonetheless motioning is part of sim football.

i agree with surf about the screen. all hb screens are basically the same and they should be subject to the 20% rule as is any other play.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:54 pm

ezweightloss wrote:against the motion rule. i rarely motion at all. i mostly just hot route. and greener is the only person i've seen motioning on a regular basis. but nonetheless motioning is part of sim football.

i agree with surf about the screen. all hb screens are basically the same and they should be subject to the 20% rule as is any other play.

Agree on both points. A screen is a screen for the most part, 20% of your plays is PLENTY to run this type of play. As for motion, its part of the game and gives no unfair advantage, just used as a strategy. If there is a glitch with this in Madden then I wouldnt even know about it, but I doubt it.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:51 pm

I don't think either of those needs to change. First of all motioning in real football, at least in the programs I've been apart of through college, DOES NOT help identify whether a defense is in Man or Zone. Defenders just switch assignments based on who is moving and where, so they can still hide their coverage...at least the good defenses do...DEFINITELY in the NFL. But regardless in Madden it's easy to make your read that way, which is fine. As A defender it's easy to come out and audible after they do their motion. Secondly it can help exploit some of the crazy plays people come up with. If someone is going to shift their line right and come with an overload blitz that sends an LB and a DE free at my QB, why can't I motion a receiver over there and overload one side of the field so I can have my choice of who to throw to? That's what I'd do in real life, that's what Peyton does every Sunday. Same applies to zones. If I wanna overload a zone I should be allowed to. Leave motioning alone. I also think a screen is a screen. But I'm less passionate about that anyway. If someone wants to run screens against me all day, that's fine by me, it's easily stopped.

Incidentally, I do think it's a little unsim that players call screens as an excuse to scramble with their QBs. I've played some people who call screens but just drop back 20 yds and roll to a side to hit one of the receivers other than the RB. THAT's incredibly annoying.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeGoose Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:58 pm

About the motion rule, a lot of nfl teams actually use it to see if there is man or zone coverage, so I don't see anything not sim about it. If you see a player motion then you could easily change your coverage to play head games with your opponent, which a lot of linebackers (Karlos Dansby >_> Yay!) do to opposing qbs, so I beleive thats sim.

As for the screen rule, that works fine, as long as I don't get 10 screens thrown at me in 10 different formations -_-

BansheeGoose

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:54 pm

totally against the motion rule, theres motion in probably 70% of nfl plays and i use it as well to disguise my plays in different formations. sometimes i pick a certain set and motion a wr and run the ball a couple times with it, then come out with the same look and set up the motion with my opp thinking run and overcommits to it when its really a pass leaving my wr or te wide open. its vital to playcalling and execution.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down