* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Injuries On/Off

+5
saastar
surfnturf90
Cheddah_Cheez
ezweightloss
Vista3131
9 posters

Go down

Injuries On/Off  Empty Injuries On/Off

Post by Vista3131 Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:00 pm

I have noticed all of a sudden Greenerrrr switching injuries on and off. This is totally unfair REGARDLESS of the circumstances.

Whether you play Human, CPU or Sim. Injuries should NEVER be switched on and off. Guys we signed up for injuries being on, don't remember a rule that said well your going to supersim a game so you can have injuries turned off, this is B.S.

I have a game against EZweightloss in Vista3131 league I refuse to play it until Injuries are turned back on he ahs Brady and MJD, screw that, I like when my opponents best players go down with injury.

Last edited by Vista3131 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Injuries On/Off  Empty Re: Injuries On/Off

Post by ezweightloss Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:34 pm

i think it's stupid that those of us WHO ACTUALLY PUT IN EFFORT to get our games in have to worry about injury and those people who dont get on to play get a free pass. yeah it sucks if you get a simmed game and someone gets hurt. but hey guess what?! there is a solution!! ITS CALLED PLAYING YOUR GAMES!

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Idk how I feel about this. I know I get pissed when my players go down in simmed games. Simply bc the only reason I've ever had a simmed gm is because my opponent fails to communicate. I'm pretty much always available. However, since injuries are so ridiculous anyway, there's no guarantee that if I had played the game those players wouldn't have gotten hurt anyway. I guess it just makes sense to leave them on all the time.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:00 pm

I dk, I kinda like it as a small reward to the people who are actively trying to schedule their games. As long as you have your contact info posted and Greener knows that you're active, he will usually give you a cpu game if your opponent has been answering, and it's nice to know that you can't lose any players when you play it. It's not like this is ever going to hurt somebody who's active, and throughout the length of the season everybody should end up with about the same number of freebies. When its a game that has to be simmed because people's schedules didnt match up, rather than because one person ignored the other one, then I guess that's a different story. I'm not sure how I feel about that part of it ha.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Injuries On/Off  Empty VISTA

Post by saastar Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:21 pm

i think green just forgot to turn injuries back on after he simmed some games... he did that before and i mentioned something to him and he turned the injuries back on.. so i agree with what surf said... i think if ur try scheduling ur game and ur opponent doesnt get on and u cant get the cpu that injuries being off is very helpful.. bc u shouldnt be penalized by an injury like loosing an key guy for 10 weeks bc of a broken collarbone in an simmed game.. so i dont think there is nothing wrong with it.. i just think green forgot to turn the injuries back on its nothing bad he just forgets things and makes some mistakes so it aint no big deal

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Injuries On/Off  Empty Some times INJ off are fair

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:37 pm

When AN OPPONENT IS booted for BS and guys are awarded a CPU gm - and the opponent just wants his win and doesnt want to play a full game and plans to SUPER SIM MOST OF THE CPU GAME - it is 100% fair to turn off injuries - it is well documented that SUPER SIMING parts of your games causes injuries at higher rate than if u played the game... SO TURNING OFF INJUIRES THAN SEEMS RELAIXTIC...

Same goes for when guys GENEROUSLY give up a Gmae and allow their opponent to play the CPU (ESSENTIALLY CONSCEDING THE LOSS) - SO THAT the other teamk can (and the LG can move forward with progression) - ITS IS A SMALL CONSIDERATION TO TURN OFF INJURIES IN THESE CASES - AND ARE THE ONLY TIME I DO SO...

If u saw my injuries in my LGS - u would clearly see that i never do it for myself...

Clearly i have to do a better job at remembering to turn injurioes BACK ON - after the4se games are played - AND THATS MY FAULT AND I AM SORRY FOR THAT,,,
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:12 am

It is all good, This group you created is awsum and I am highly Opinionated. It is nothing personal with anyone, I just don't agree with you or anyone else that see things this way.

Everyone for some reason believes that just because you are available you are entitled to things that other don't get, it is not fair, It does not even out and I disagree with it.

It goes back to my old arguement about CPU games and restarting them.

So what you are telling me now is that if my opponent can not play a game not only do I get the win but I don't have to worry about injuries either and I can supersim it as many times necessary until I get the win. (You don't even have to play the game)

Amazingly unfair.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:36 am

lets get this straight - RESTARTING CPU GAMES IS UNACCEPTABLE,... does it jhappen for LEGIT REASONS - absolutely - DO THESE "LEGIT" REASONS OCCUR AS OFTEN AS RESTARTED cpu GAMES - far less - guys are clearly abusing the fact that we cannot tell when u hAD A LEGITIMATE REASON TO RESTART A cpu GAME AND WHEN U DONT...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:38 pm

my opponent and i couldn't connect because of an ea routing issue. i lost matt ryan for the season on the sim. i see far more injuries when the games are simmed it seems...i turn em off when i advance but your going to make a rule for commishes we should have a vote.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:12 pm

I think that since injuries happen a lot more frequently in simmed games, and a lot of the time a game is getting simmed for things outside the owners control (other person ignored you, schedules didnt match up, etc), it makes sense that injuries get turned off when the leagues advance. I feel like most people are going to end up with the same number of simmed games throughout the year, so over the course of the season everyone should get around the same number of injury free weeks. I really don't see what the problem is with this.
Obviously it sucks if you play a game, lose your starting qb for 10 weeks, and your division rival gets an injury free week because of a sim, but there's a good chance that the roles were reversed earlier in the season and you just didn't notice.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 pm

i think CONSISTANTCY IS THE KEY -= whatever we decide - we foillow the policy - maybe we should have a vote... Governing CPOUNCIL MEMEERS WEIGH IN ON YOUR OPINIONS!!!

here are your choices:

Turn off injuries when u simulate week....

Leave on Injuries when u simulate the week...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Injuries On/Off  Empty My .02 PLEASE READ

Post by mblammers Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:22 pm

This may have been already discussed, and I know I'm not on the Governing Council, but...

I think this whole thing could be avoided by letting people RESTART AS MUCH AS THEY WANT TO against the cpu.

Then greener wouldn't have to worry about turning injuries on and off.

I've said this before - I joined the leagues to play sim against PEOPLE. If I wanted to play cpu games I would run a franchise off-line!
Right now, the only people that get punished are the most honest and active players - those who are available for their games, and those who don't restart for b.s. reasons. Maybe my skills are garbage, but I've super-simmed games, got behind b/c of injuy and then tried to rally to save the win, only to fail. What was accomplished? I was forced to play a cpu gm, which isn't the point of these lgs, and I lost a game and a player, all because my opponent couldn't connect.

Right now, the rules are incentivizing ppl to not show up, and moreover, to not communicate when they are not available. Think about it. If I am facing jmo in a division gm (almost a sure loss given my current skills) isn't it in my interest to dodge him hoping that a simmed game results in key injuries? That is absurd.
A rule should be changed when enforcement produces an absurd result. That is what is happening now.

It seems to me that the reason that vista and greener and anyone else wants to forbid restarting against the cpu is out of fairness (except Vista, who perversely ENJOYS the suffering others recieve from key injuries - lol). Well, isn't it just as fair to have NO injuries from CPU games than to have EVENLY dispersed injuries? Really, what is the difference? Why subject everyone to the randomness of the simmed game result? If we wanted that, we could start a gm fantasy lg where no one actually plays any games - we would all just build teams and sim the seasons.

Let's stop trying to enforce an unenforceable rule, and simply call cpu games what they are - free wins for the people who are committed enough to show up.

Last edited by mblammers on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:33 pm

completely agree with mblammers

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:03 pm

first off, i think there are WAY TOO MANY injuries this year... as a matter of fact i think greeners first pick in his first draft got hurt for the entire season in his first damn game lol its rediculous... you lose key playesr for 8 or 9 weeks at a time, and there goes your season... but i can get past that, since everyone is equally at risk for these injuries... except for guys who get 5 or 6 cpu games in a season... now i know the point is not to have any cpu games and boot guys who dont show... but it happens... and if it happens more for one person than for the next, then turning off injuries would be unfair in the sense that the guy who plays all 16 of his games is more likely to have key players injured for lengthy periods of time, than another guy who played 9 or 10 games... now the guy that is booted, and loses, re-joins with only a loss to show for his inabilty to communicate and schedule games, i think thats unfair... i mean theres 16 games in a regualr nfl schedule, so 16 games where u are at risk of getting hurt... now say i make the effort to play all my games and my opponents dont... and i get 5 cpu wins in a season... well thats 5 games where i do not risk injury... is it really fair that i have a leg up on the rest of my devision, just because my opponents didnt show ? i think the answer is no... i mean... a game is a game, against the cpu or not, injuries happen (far too much this year lol) but thats football... i say leave em on all the way through, no matter what the circumstances... i mean in some cases, its not your fault that you miss a game and give ur opponent the cpu game, and it would really suck to lose ur starting QB for 10 games, when you didnt even play the game yourself lol but hey, he mighta got hurt if you did play it...
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 pm

That would be a great point Den, except:

1. You assume a reality that does not exist:

The notion that you control the amount of games you play is a fallacy. I would love to be able to play all 16 games on my schedule regardless of injuries, but the fact is you need TWO people to schedule them. For various reasons it is almost impossible to play all your games no matter how diligent and committed you are. The reason the rule exists in the first place is to deal with what we all do when there is a scheduling conflict.

2. The notion that someone who doesn't show up for a game would benefit from playing less games is also incorrect:

Remember, even in CPU game's under my scenario, injuries would be ON. The only person who would be able to avoid injury or loss would be the guy who has control of the restarting.

The advantages you imagine do not really exist if we allow the available player to restart a sim game.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:36 pm

still 16 games is 16 games... cpu games, simmed games and played games... you can get hurt, as long as theres a game... restarting is an alternative, but then youd be relying on the guy not to restart when the cpu goes up by 3 TD's lol my vote would be to leave em on... but im crossing my fingers here that EA gets it right next year and you dont lose 3 or 4 players per game lol
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:13 am

OK Den_24 I want you to go to the CBSSPORTSLINE Site and go to NFL Injury report your right Madden is not realistic.... They DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INJURIES. The Indianapois colts have 8 Starters out on Defense alone! The Green Bay Packers lost there whole secondary not to mention 4 starters on offense and not for a couple weeks broh The entire Season. The San Diego Chargers have had 70 players on the active roster this year the Indianapolis Colts 68. Injuries are not out of whack!

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:52 pm

the only problem is you don't find undiscovered talent in madden from young or backup players stepping up, they just suck and theres no way around spending extra time in practice to help improve their rating.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:54 pm

plus there's no IR, no practice squad, etc.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:28 pm

k vista you have a point... i know theres tons of injuries in the nfl... but most of the time, its not key players... the starters get hurt way too much in madden, and what surfnturf just said comes into play there... also what falconfan said... k so my starting QB or HB is hurt... if i were able to bring up my 3rd round pick from last years draft and play a decent game, i wouldnt mind... half the time when a team has 10 or so injuries... theres always 8 or 9 of those guys that no one cares about and theyre easily replacable... imo anyways... it would be nice if they incorportated some kind of team practice in the online franchise mode... so if u get a buncha guys hurt, you could just keep practicing with your rookies till they get better... another thing i would like to see, since there are so many injuries, is progression during the season, not just at the end... like if u put in a rookie QB, he'll be better by week 10 than he was in week 2 or 3... anyways, theres lotsa stuff wrong with the game, not just the injuries... but the point of this topic isnt whether or not there are too many injuries... its injuires on or off... and the reason some people want em off is cuz there are too many... i say leave em on, but only because the more cpu games you get, the less injuries you sustain... and since some guys play the cpu more often than others, it would be unfair to the guys who play all their games... in one of my franchises my starting HB got hurt for 9 weeks and it was the 3rd game of the season lol i didnt quit or restart... i sucked it up and put in my backup... for the rest of the season lol then the next game, both my corners go down lol WTF ! i know first hand how frustrating it can be, but so are alot of other things and we cant just change the options cuz it pi$$es ppl off
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:05 pm

After reading everyone's posts I say just leave em on. However as to the issue of the number of injuries. It's accurate enough, could be more. BUT THE SEVERITY is the problem. I remember in one of my franchises for one of my seasons I had like 3 guys break a collarbone and be out for like 10 weeks. Where has that happened in the NFL? Guys tear their abdomens and sit out for 4 weeks regularly. Have all the injuries you want, but the frequency of severe injuries needs to be turned down. I can also see nagging injuries that guys get, like a turf toe, where they can play on it if need be, but it can get worse and keep them out of a game and affect their attributes. Don't just hit all my players with broken forearms, torn abs, and broken collarbones each week and tell me its realistic.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down