* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

4TH DOWN PUNT RULE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED

+14
mblammers
Cheddah_Cheez
made2shine
Dlew16
bigbuddah
G-Villa809
saastar
Child_Please4285
Vista3131
falconfansince81
jmojsoski
surfnturf90
ezweightloss
GREENERRRR
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

4TH DOWN PUNT RULE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED - Page 2 Empty Re: 4TH DOWN PUNT RULE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED

Post by phantomshark Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:06 am

This is the rule in the league I was putting together:

4th downs - 4th and 1 or 4th and inches are ok, 4th and 2 or 4th and 3 only on opponents side of the field, 4th and more only when losing in 4th quarter. That doesn't mean you can always go for it in these situations. If I look and see you go for it more than once for every 4 or 5 kicks, we have a problem.

Not to say mine is any better or worse, but 4th downs is one of the biggest sore spots in Madden.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

4TH DOWN PUNT RULE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED - Page 2 Empty Re: 4TH DOWN PUNT RULE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:06 pm

phantomshark wrote:This is the rule in the league I was putting together:

4th downs - 4th and 1 or 4th and inches are ok, 4th and 2 or 4th and 3 only on opponents side of the field, 4th and more only when losing in 4th quarter. That doesn't mean you can always go for it in these situations. If I look and see you go for it more than once for every 4 or 5 kicks, we have a problem.

Not to say mine is any better or worse, but 4th downs is one of the biggest sore spots in Madden.

pretty close ot the same rule as we have - just our punting threshold is YOUR SIDE OF the 40... - my suggestion is to make it the same as your and put it at the 50...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Actually, I don't think the problem is the 50 or the 40, I think the problem is you don't specify the length of the tries. I think if you made 4th and 3 the longest you could go for outside the 4th quarter that would be more realistic. No one in the NFL gonna go for 4th and 7 on their own 41, but they might try 4th and 2 (if your name is Bellichoke).

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

4TH DOWN PUNT RULE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED - Page 2 Empty actually

Post by saastar Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:05 pm

all the rules need to be looked at and changed... lol..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:45 am

phantomshark wrote:Actually, I don't think the problem is the 50 or the 40, I think the problem is you don't specify the length of the tries. I think if you made 4th and 3 the longest you could go for outside the 4th quarter that would be more realistic. No one in the NFL gonna go for 4th and 7 on their own 41, but they might try 4th and 2 (if your name is Bellichoke).

look at the rule a lil closer bro - down and distance is specified...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:54 am

saastar wrote:all the rules need to be looked at and changed... lol..

i know not every1 is a fan of all our rules - and i have been the but of a few jokes of sarcasm with the length of our rule book (even though over half of the rules have nothn do with gameplay - and are more to do with logistics like what happens if a guy doesnt select the player u want in a traded draft pick or what happens if your opponent doesnt show for a confirmed game by the commish etc...)

nevertheless - I WELCOME ANY AND ALL QUESTUION ABOUT WHY WE HAVE OUR RULES (some are even out dated like the "dont push any buttons whne viewing a challenge" rule - that was fixed since day1 - but is still on the books) - In addition - to thiose dont like our rules - its not good enough just to criticize the rule - MAKE SURE YOU OFFER A SUGGESTION TO MAKE IT BETTER or A DIFFERENT RULE TO TAKE ITS PLACE...

Lately become even more frusturated - guys seem to spend more time TRYN TO FIGURE OUT WAYS AROUND OUR RULES - there actions are clearly not SIM - than when some1 calls them on it - They say, "WELL THERE IS NO RULE AGAINST IT" - It would be a full time job making rules to keep up with possible CHZ - from this point forward - a NEW RULE IS IN PLACE - dont even need Governing Council to appove this - because its just COMMON SENSE and its very simple:

PLAY SIM! If your actions CLEARLY WOULDNT HAPPEN ON SUNDAY - DONT DO IT - because sayn its not against the rules is no defense - (this new policy/rule is effective immediately - and is to deal with obvious NON-SIM behavour that could occur in a game)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Actually, it's 4th and inches before you reach your own 40, then any distance after that. I think between the 40s it should be a max of 4th and 2 or 4th and 3, and inside opponents 40 or at the end of the game the restrictions should be lifted.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:11 pm

phantomshark wrote:Actually, it's 4th and inches before you reach your own 40, then any distance after that. I think between the 40s it should be a max of 4th and 2 or 4th and 3, and inside opponents 40 or at the end of the game the restrictions should be lifted.

I'm on record as saying that I think the current rule is fine. But I also like what you propose for between the 40s and inside your opponent's 40. I personally would still kick a field goal unless it was late and I needed a TD. But I'd have no problem with people going for it inside my own 40 and stopping them from getting points Very Happy
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:22 am

ezweightloss wrote:i think unless it's the second half you shouldn't ever go for it on more than 4th and 2 outside your opponents 40.

Amazing I found this on this post from the very guy who went for it on 4th and 7 from my 48 in the first quarter of a 7-7 game.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:29 am

looks like you found yourself a hypocrite...lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Vista3131 wrote:
ezweightloss wrote:i think unless it's the second half you shouldn't ever go for it on more than 4th and 2 outside your opponents 40.

Amazing I found this on this post from the very guy who went for it on 4th and 7 from my 48 in the first quarter of a 7-7 game.

i was saying this as a rule suggestion, the rule wasn't changed so i see nothing wrong with what i did and neither does the book. now if it WERE a rule then it would be another story. you can think whatever you want but i did nothing wrong at all.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 pm

You may go for it on fourth down if it meets the following criteria. If your on your opponents 50 yard line, and your down by any number of points and its less than 4th and 2, that is appropriate. However if your up on points you cannot go for it UNLESS you have less than 7 points score difference, and it still must be atleast 4th and 2 beyond the 50 yard line. We pride ourselves on showing great sportsmanship in this league, so this rule is set in place so nobody can purposely run the score up on their rule as the same criteria will be used.

Borrowed from another lg...I think this is the best and we never have issues with 4th downs
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2