* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Some tips to become successful in Season 3

2 posters

Go down

Some tips to become successful in Season 3 Empty Some tips to become successful in Season 3

Post by jmojsoski Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Just mere thoughts on my success that can help others succeed. This information has been gathered through observations on my team and the opponents I play.

Most teams do everything a good football team is supposed to do. They control tempo. They sometimes they are more physical. They limit penalties, scored touchdowns on trips to the red zone and are great on third down. If it were boxing, the referee would have could call it around the 8th or 9th round. But it's not boxing – and when teams awake up following deathwish week advancement , they find themselves staring at their loss.

Initially, the outcome seemed aberrational. Just one of those occurrences where all arrows point to X but the final answer is somehow Y. In this case, Y equals a victory for the Broncos. But upon closer inspection, games wasn’t an outlier it is emblematic of Madden. You’ve seen statistics showing a correlation between turnovers and winning/losing. But turnovers don’t tell the whole story.

Last season, I began to glance through my games. The amount at my explosive plays were eye popping. Combine this with turnover differential and we have a new formula for dictating keys to success in madden. To score points consistently, you have to find a way to create big plays. When you really break it down, with all the things I see in defenses, like zone blitzes, multiple looks, multiple personnel, it’s harder to put together those 10, 12, 14-play drives. Now i am not saying consistently look for the big plays. But pass-friendly teams aren’t solely responsible for air dominating ground. For good offenses, the risks of passing naturally yield greater rewards (i.e. more points) than the security of running.

What about the other side of the ball? Not surprisingly, The year I went undefeated I gave up fewer explosive plays than other teams. But the correlation between winning and preventing explosive plays is not as stark as the correlation between winning and creating explosive plays.

Other Keys to success would be finding your style of play, i.e identity. Knowing your identity can assist you on the areas where you need to improve in your game. For example, I am a pass friendly guy, therefor i carry two talented running backs, Sporles and Mcfadden. Running is a weakness, so i have talent were my weaknesses are. Since, i am good at passing, i have no name WR's at wideout. Get the picture?

Now to me the most important keys to success, is QB play. Having a top notch QB can do wonders for your team. For example, look at all the top teams in deathwish league, Broncos(have Rivers), Browns(have Schuab),Texans(kolb is the exception), Redskins(Clasuen), Flacons(Braford) you get the picture. Having a good QB can take you to the next level.

I can keep going on and on, but here are a few tips you may want to think about. Being explosive, knowing your identity and having a good QB can go along way to making you successful in madden.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Some tips to become successful in Season 3 Empty Re: Some tips to become successful in Season 3

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:02 am

Excellent post JMO!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down