* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Draft Protocol

+3
realdealrulz
mblammers
Cheddah_Cheez
7 posters

Go down

Draft Protocol Empty Draft Protocol

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:51 pm

So I know a lot of guys are trading draft picks these days (myself included), which is AWESOME in terms of increasing each leagues activity. However, I do think we need to do something about communicating picks during the draft. Drafts are long enough, and most of us have more impt things to do than sit at a rookie draft for 2 1/2 hrs because people can't communicate their picks well enough and the draft needs to be paused. Here's what I propose:

The draft is 32picks/rd. Why not pause on every 8th pick (so picks 1, 8, 16, 24, 32) of each rd for say 5min, so players can gather a list of available players they like and communicate that to who is making the selection. This way, the rest of us aren't sitting there forever.

Players who have traded picks should have some form on dialogue between the two of them so that they can update who they want instantly.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, people should be PAYING ATTENTION. If you give the guy you traded with picks, and then stop paying attention to the draft and all those guys get picked, the rest of us shouldn't have to suffer while you take forever to find someone else you want. If everyone pays attention, as players get selected, you can update whoever with new players to pick as the ones you already told them get taken.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Draft Protocol Empty Re: Draft Protocol

Post by mblammers Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:55 pm

I think that is a good idea,

I am hesitant to trade for picks b/c I don't have confidence that me and the person who owes them can make it happen before the pick.

sidenote:

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by realdealrulz Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:58 pm

I love the pausing phases of the draft... I have been involved in one similar to the concept, but it faltered once everyone received the trades they worked which ended on a bad note of course. It is best to be able to draft while having a website (such as this one with a chat line) available.

realdealrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Well what I do is have a list handy of players I want at that spot. I text them the first one and if that player gets taken I immediately text them the next player on my list and so forth until it comes time to make the selection.

My one and only problem was people not showing up for the draft. It happened to me last time (draft boards didn't work either) and thankfully Shlarman was a nice enough guy to give me those picks for this season since I didn't get any players I was supposed to. So I'm now a little hesitant to trade picks with people I don't think are gonna be at the draft. But since I've just put stipulations in trades where I get something if they don't show...Like any player I want from their current roster, picks in the following draft, etc...the first one is guaranteed to get people to show up Very Happy
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by realdealrulz Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Kewl. Well, I am the BENGALS owner so I am always active and willing to deal as well. Anyone know the draft order?

realdealrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:16 pm

realdealrulz wrote:Kewl. Well, I am the BENGALS owner so I am always active and willing to deal as well. Anyone know the draft order?

you can see the order if you go to ea sports.com, madden 11, online franchises. if u text me i can give u ur specific pick if u want

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:16 pm

realdealrulz wrote:Kewl. Well, I am the BENGALS owner so I am always active and willing to deal as well. Anyone know the draft order?

Which league?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by realdealrulz Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:18 pm

New one that starts on THU... I just realized that there are more leagues than just the one I am involved in on here...my badd fellas!

realdealrulz

Back to top Go down

Draft Protocol Empty draft order

Post by mblammers Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:20 pm

you can go on the ea site to get the draft order:

http://www.easports.com/onlinefranchise/individualFranchise

log in with your email and password, go to madden online franchises, then "my franchises" then "greenerrrrs",
then go to the draft.
You can also draft from there, although it is tricky ordering your players. The live chat there is good during the draft.

Does anyone know if greenerrrr uses that?

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Blammers, i think he's instituting it this draft. Incidentally, it's also the draft chat that you can access in gm via R3. I think it's far better than starting a PS3 chat bc my PS3 menu lags really bad when I'm using madden online. I use my PC to chat, and use the ps3 to make my selections.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:41 pm

The one time I traded a pick, I just called the player drafting for me about 4 picks ahead of mine then chatted with him until his turn came up, then I told him who I wanted, worked well. I hope to do that again tonight!

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Vista3131 wrote:The one time I traded a pick, I just called the player drafting for me about 4 picks ahead of mine then chatted with him until his turn came up, then I told him who I wanted, worked well. I hope to do that again tonight!

that works. i usually try to send them a text with a list of 5 or 6 players i want in order, that way if a few of them get taken they still are getting me somebody i want.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Vista you can text me or call me
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:09 am

i deal with all my draft picks via text. it makes it fast and simple.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down