* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Fantasy Draft take 12+ hours (we must speed that up!) & Avoid Draft Freezes!!!

5 posters

Go down

Fantasy Draft take 12+ hours (we must speed that up!) & Avoid Draft Freezes!!! Empty Fantasy Draft take 12+ hours (we must speed that up!) & Avoid Draft Freezes!!!

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:03 am

Spoke to a participant in another 32 player Fantasy draft - and it took them 2.5 hours to get through 7 rounds (and they draft started at 9pm EST on a weeknight - some guys will have to go to work before they finish...)

THE COMMISH HAS NO ABILITY TO SPEED UP THE PLAYER SELECTION CLOCK - SO THIS IS LEFT UP TO MEMBERSHIP!

There is no reason on earth for someone to use the full 90 seconds that EA gives you (especially in the early rounds...) - Everyone needs to come to the draft prepared - have a draft board STOCKED WITH PLAYERS..Each person SHOULD BE SITTING ON THEIR PLAYER - ready to pick him the instant they are on the clock - If someone takes your player right before you - no bog deal, you have dozens of players ready to be picked - you simply switch to these players!!!

In the first 7 ROUND - these should be NO BRAINER picks! You should be able to make your pick instantly (within 2 seconds of being on the clock)... If someone drafts your player right before you, U SHOULD NEED AT MOST 10 SEC!!!

In rounds 8 to 15 - A little more though may be needed in these pics - BUT AT THE VERY LONGEST YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR PICK WITHIN 18 SECONDS! (afterall you have all the time in the world to strategize your pick between rounds - plus you have your draft board available to help guide your selections...)

Rounds 16 and later - should take no more the 25 seconds! Hell in prior years Madden we had to make these picks within 15 seconds (sure we missed the odd  pick but we basicly got who we wanted!!!) SO having 25 seconds to pick should be tonnes of time!!!

At the same time - We cant have players BUTTON MASHING on their pick as they are about to get on the clock (there have been rumours of "draft freeze" which would catastrophic!!) In addition there have been "mini freezes" Where players struggle to get the pick in within the MAX timer - and this ultimately slows down the league further...) - So there is a need for players to draft as quickly as possible - but in a DELIBERATE and CONTROLLED FASHION...
1) Have your player you want to select highlighted on the draft screen...
2) WAIT for screens to move from one stage to the next  - see the timer actually starting to count down on your pick then make your selection!
* Be Quick in these steps but be under CONTROL and DELIBERATE!!! Make sure the CPU is READY FOR YOU - you cant rush the CPU!

Lets look at a scenario:

- Lets say that on average - players make their selection every 30 seconds (which some say 30 sec is a reasonable amount of time to make picks):

- that means it will take 16 minutes to finish 1 round...
- In 2 hours you will finish 7.5 rounds!
- At the 4 hour mark, you are barely 25% through the draft!
Do you get the picture now??? We have to pick fast!

Its imperative guys MAKE THEIR PICKS QUICKLY AND IN A CONTROL FASHION - i swear i will bounce ANY FOOL WHO WAITS TO THE LAST SECOND TO MAKE THEIR PICKS! [/b]There is no reason for this to happen consistently - We have lots of other guys who will be DRAFT DAY STAND BY PLAYERS who will be happy to pick their team in a reasonable time frame!

note the occasional pick where you dont select "right away" is acceptable - as long as it doesnt happen consistantly!

And players picking at the edge of Fantasy Draft (picks 1,2,31 and 32 will be given extended leeway on this - as they have to make 2 picks in a relatively short time period!!!

HAVE RESPECT FOR YOUR LEAGUE MEMBERS - MAKE YOUR PICKS QUICKLY!

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Draft take 12+ hours (we must speed that up!) & Avoid Draft Freezes!!! Empty Re: Fantasy Draft take 12+ hours (we must speed that up!) & Avoid Draft Freezes!!!

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:45 am

Update - just heard from the 32 player league drafting tonite - 7 hours in and there are just finishing round 30...

A draft start time at 2pm EST is smart (as even if guys pick fast - it's going to take a while to get through...)

In the end - it's going to be SUPER CRITICAL FOR ALL PLAYERS TO DRAFT QUICKLY - within 3 sec of being on the clock - if guys waiting longer it will be after midnite EST before we finish (and personally I think we should get done within 5 hours...)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Draft take 12+ hours (we must speed that up!) & Avoid Draft Freezes!!! Empty Re: Fantasy Draft take 12+ hours (we must speed that up!) & Avoid Draft Freezes!!!

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:11 am

Lol - 11 hours in and that 32 player draft is at ouch 48! - it's 8am est, many guys have had to go to work with lil or no sleep - this is nuts!

I hope everyone sees the reason why we have to pick fast - I don't want to be making picks after midnite for our draft! Lol
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:50 pm

If it can take up to 11 hours, why not start the draft earlier? If I was on the west coast, I would rather get up earlier in the morning to draft, as apposed to sitting in front of the tv all night wasting the whole Saturday away.

So if it only takes us 5 hours, those on the west would be done by 2pm...

At least move it back to 12pm est?
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:54 pm

CharlieHustle wrote:If it can take up to 11 hours, why not start the draft earlier?  If I was on the west coast, I would rather get up earlier in the morning to draft, as apposed to sitting in front of the tv all night wasting the whole Saturday away.

So if it only takes us 5 hours, those on the west would be done by 2pm...

At least move it back to 12pm est?
I hesitate to make changes to draft times because with 32 people drafting - chances are some made special arrangements to be available - and if we change that - it really screws them... (been down this road before - not making that mistake again... - and u should appreaciate having a commish that knows to avoid these pitfalls!!!)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:56 pm

It's not like you're changing the day of the draft, it's simply starting 2 hours earlier?
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieHustle Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:58 pm

and a whole week of advance notice is fair to everyone... either way you look at it, the draft is going to inconvenience somebody's day regardless.
CharlieHustle
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:03 pm

CharlieHustle wrote:and a whole week of advance notice is fair to everyone... either way you look at it, the draft is going to inconvenience somebody's day regardless.
4 longtime players have had CONFLICTS already - and they arent in the league because of that - I am not going to compound the problem - We all planned for 2pm EST - not going to change it ( losing even 1 player because of a change in time - IS UNACCEPTABLE ) if we can get all 32 players to agree - NP we can start earlier...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by McNoob Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm

The most I can do is one hour prior. Two hours would conflict with my work schedule.

As for drafting in the later rounds, I actually think it would be quicker. Because unlike early rounds, you're more or less picking for need. It's easier to highlight a certain position and pick from there. There's no pressure to select your franchise players and hope you don't screw up.

McNoob

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:49 pm

McNoob wrote:The most I can do is one hour prior. Two hours would conflict with my work schedule.

As for drafting in the later rounds, I actually think it would be quicker. Because unlike early rounds, you're more or less picking for need. It's easier to highlight a certain position and pick from there. There's no pressure to select your franchise players and hope you don't screw up.
This is exactly my point - guys made arrangements to draft at 2pm EST - changing it will only create scheduling problems - 32 guys are set for 2pm EST - just stick with it...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Good. Don't change the time. I've already arranged my work schedule around it.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:17 pm

McNoob wrote:
Maybe u have a point here but with the exception of picks 1,2,31 and 32 you should have enough time to get your pick ready in between selections...

In order for us to have a successful draft - guys need to pick fast - and this is best accomplished by guys being organized!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:35 pm

I'll be working on my draft list through out the week. I'll be organized and ready to go.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by mhshreder Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:48 pm

hopefully this shit doesn't take as long as these other leagues. I have be up at 4:30 the next morning for work and would like some sleep lol.
mhshreder
mhshreder

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:56 pm

mhshreder wrote:hopefully this shit doesn't take as long as these other leagues. I have be up at 4:30 the next morning for work and would like some sleep lol.
Lol

I am so happy we didn't rush a weekday draft last week!

Clearly a weekend afternoon (EST) fantasy draft time is ideal - we combine this with the steps I mentioned to speed up draft - and we should be good! It will take a crazy amount of time - guessing 7 to 8 hours but we will draft all 55 rounds and the draft will end in the early evening (EST) - this is a much better situation then a draft starting on a weekday at 9pm and finishing at 9am when most have to pull an all nightdress and be at work at that time!

Remember we will be using GROUPME to communicate - if your not in our group - text me at 289 241 4968 and I will get you in - you will want a smart phone to use this app!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down