* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Draft Proposal

3 posters

Go down

Draft Proposal Empty Draft Proposal

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:31 pm

So last season's rookie draft took forever, those of us in Greener's draft saw one take twice as long. I posted this in the general discussion section but here's an abridged version.

Basically each round is 32 picks, so every 8th pick (1, 8, 16, 24, 32) we have a 2min pause so people can update lists if necessary etc.
Players who trade picks are responsible for communicating, not the rest of us, so they should be doing that as the draft moves along.
If people payed attention and kept a prioritized list of players we wouldnt have to worry about pauses.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Draft Proposal Empty Re: Draft Proposal

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:46 am

I 100% totally agree. Guys should be providing the players they are involved with trades with...like a list of 8 to 10 draft picks. That way the player who's turn it is to draft for the other player involved in the trade...can simply go down the list ranked from 1 though 10 and select thenext draft pick available. 1 hour to draft 7 rounds was absolutely ridiculous...and I know I'm guilty of it too...and even messed up some picks for Billdozer and JMO.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 am

Yeah and I get that sometimes it needs to be paused, so I think a 2min pause every 8th pick would be fine. At least there'd be a time limit on it. And the prioritized list is a must, and even more important is that you continue to actively update that list, and communicate those updates to the other person, as players on it get picked UNTIL it's time for your selection to be made.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:40 am

Deathwish22 wrote:I 100% totally agree. Guys should be providing the players they are involved with trades with...like a list of 8 to 10 draft picks. That way the player who's turn it is to draft for the other player involved in the trade...can simply go down the list ranked from 1 though 10 and select thenext draft pick available. 1 hour to draft 7 rounds was absolutely ridiculous...and I know I'm guilty of it too...and even messed up some picks for Billdozer and JMO.

me too lol, I missed out on jmo's 2nd rounder and mblammers 3rd rounder i was supposed to have. Ended up with a sweet C potential QB and maybe an O lineman or something.

Cheddah, I like the idea and I think it would work most of the time. The problem I have run into is when I have multiple picks close together, and I need to wait to see who I end up getting with one of them before I can send the next guy a list of picks. In that case I think the current system is better, but other than that your idea would work fine.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:46 am

surfnturf90 wrote:
Deathwish22 wrote:I 100% totally agree. Guys should be providing the players they are involved with trades with...like a list of 8 to 10 draft picks. That way the player who's turn it is to draft for the other player involved in the trade...can simply go down the list ranked from 1 though 10 and select thenext draft pick available. 1 hour to draft 7 rounds was absolutely ridiculous...and I know I'm guilty of it too...and even messed up some picks for Billdozer and JMO.

me too lol, I missed out on jmo's 2nd rounder and mblammers 3rd rounder i was supposed to have. Ended up with a sweet C potential QB and maybe an O lineman or something.

Cheddah, I like the idea and I think it would work most of the time. The problem I have run into is when I have multiple picks close together, and I need to wait to see who I end up getting with one of them before I can send the next guy a list of picks. In that case I think the current system is better, but other than that your idea would work fine.

That is why I'm saying to get a list of the top 10 or 15 players you want from the draft ready to send to your opponent...the highest person on your list will then be drafted...if you have multiple selections at one position and you end up getting that person before you're do your pick from the player you are trading with...you can simply message him and say...don't draft a qb or dl or cb or wr...or whatever. Truthfully we only have these drafts about once a month for each franchise...an hour isn't going to kill us...but yes...last night was torture...but wasn't anyone's fault...we just need a better system as Cheddah has pointed out to deal with it when the time comes.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Yeah I get the idea of the list, that's what I usually do. It's just tough when you have multiple picks in a row and you need to know what position gets picked with the first one in order to make the second and third ones. I know last night i had 4 picks in the 1st round and 6 in the second some of which were back to back. Without writing out a novel to each person explaining what to do in each specific circumstance, I couldn't really give lists until after I saw what I got with my other picks. I ended up staggering the lists (i sent the first guy a list of all cb's and wr's, then the next guy a list with all de's and lb's for example), so that there was no chance of them doubling up, and then I could re-evaluate after these picks and send new lists to the other guys. Still, I think there are definitely certain situations where someone really needs a pause, and like you said it's still not that big of a time commitment.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down