* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

SAASTAR...*COMMISH's PLEASE READ*

+8
Child_Please4285
BiLlDoZeR_27
phantomshark
Vista3131
saastar
falconfansince81
Fr8trainShane
Delmas26
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SAASTAR...*COMMISH's PLEASE READ* - Page 3 Empty Re: SAASTAR...*COMMISH's PLEASE READ*

Post by jerseydevil321 Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:29 am

As Shane said,I didn't quit against him!! The chances of me winning were very slim, i'm not gonna quit if i'm down like that, be a good sport and play the game out as if it were 0-0 still. Doesn't it just defeat the purpose of being in a franchise if your just gonna quit when you really do have some sort of chance? Think about it, he's up by 14, thats not a huge margin, think about it, he had a good half, don't you think with some confidence and good play calling it could just so happen to be a good 2nd half for you? trust me, crazy things happen, play the game out and see what happens!!!

jerseydevil321
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

SAASTAR...*COMMISH's PLEASE READ* - Page 3 Empty Re: SAASTAR...*COMMISH's PLEASE READ*

Post by saastar Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:45 am

THANK U SURF AND BILL.. atleast someone besides CP is agreeing with me.. i mean this got out of hand from the beginning to no point of return.. but i do thank both of u...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:15 am

Ok I'll weigh in here. Saastar, I don't think you're a bad guy bro. But like I said about it in my lg, quitting isn't ok unless its clearly over. Down 14 with a full half to go isn't that situation. For all you know your opponent could fumble the kick off and u score to start the half. I've seen crazier shit happen. Also what I think delmas is trying to say amidst his frustration and aggressiveness is that the game is not only about winning and losing. Sure you should want to win, but that's not all. It's about having fun and improving. This is my first year playing madden in about 3 years. And my first time ever playing online. When I got here I couldn't play for shit. I sucked at d and offense too. But if I would have conceded every game I was losing in, I'd have never gotten better. Jmo smacked my ass around non stop but rather than toss in the towel I kept going took my beatings and LEARNED. He wasn't smacking me around for the hell of it. He was also teaching (without always knowing it). Hell, 95% of any skills I have I got either directly from getting spanked from jmo and FF and the other 5% came from them helping me. So if ur only reason for playing is to win...that's how u get better. You also have to take an approach of "ok I'm getting smacked, at least now I can practice some new stuff" so u can find out what works and what doesn't bro.

Finally, just because your defense is a collection of monsters doesn't mean they're going to stop people, especially the good players. You could give me a team of bums and put the 11 best defensive players om the CPUs team and I'd smash them. What I'm saying is, you can't rely on the AI to stop people just because they're all good players. Same applies with speed. Cp might have 1 fast wr on his team but he still throws on ANY secondary. FF can lead the league in rushing with mike turner (90spd). Jmo can toss it on anyone with anyone too. So it's not JUST speed. It's skill. And the way you get that skill is by playing games. I bet you all of those guys were where u sit once. Nome of them were just good. I bet they were all where I am no once too. Hopefully I'll keep practicing and get like them one day. Maybe it's the athlete in me but I never just expect things to click it takes practice and most importantly observation. The best times to observe is when ur getting smacked too. You know you're not gonna win so why not watch what they do n try to learn HOW they do it?

It's up to you bro, if the only reason you play is to win, then you gotta practice and watch the guys better than you, but making excuses about your D being shitty or unrealistic gameplay won't get you anywhere. If you wanna play for fun, then have fun! It shouldn't matter when you get blown out. EITHER WAY, you MUST stop quitting on people unless your down by AT least three scores late in the 2nd half.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:05 am

ok.. im done talking about this.. i appreciate everyones imput that was actual logic talk and not just trash talk or bs.. but if my opponent for now on wants to finish his precious game when he is winning and knows that i have no chance of winning.. ill sit there and finish is precious game so i dont have another 7 page RANT TOPIC THAT IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS.. but u better believe if im stuck finishing a game i dont want to finish bc my opponent has a problem with me conceding like delmas then i will just make sure the game ends to where my opponent is having just as much fun as i am sitting there finishing a game that is already over..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:35 pm

i didn't agree with you i just could see where you was coming from. i would never suggest quitting but i could see why someone could get fustrated and want to conciede i think the problem most people are having is that you were only down by 14 and you have a history of quitting so it seems like you will never finish a game out if you are losing
saastar wrote:THANK U SURF AND BILL.. atleast someone besides CP is agreeing with me.. i mean this got out of hand from the beginning to no point of return.. but i do thank both of u...
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:16 pm

thats my problem. If this was the first time I've ever heard of him quitting...I probably wouldnt have said a darn thing. But, I read the forums and Deathwish just posted about him quitting in Chz Lg. So, I remembered that. I also think he quit another Chz Lg game if Im not mistaken (Maybe it was another league) So, thats entrenched in my brain...

Also, the fact that you broke the 4th down rules...and basically said "If I didnt get it, I was conceding at halftime...."

Is basically stating, Im gonna break the rules...to try and stay in the game...and if I dont get it...I'll end up conceding at halftime anyways. So, its all good.

Thats shallow, pathetic...and shouldn't be tolerated.

Next time I'm down 10-14 or so in the 3rd quarter against a good opponent...I guess I should just be allowed to bend the rules...and if I dont get the 4th down...its ok that I broke the rule....because I can just concede and end the game.

To me, conceding to your opponent is not "respecting" them and making up for the fact that you broke rules. And thats what it sounds like you are trying to say. Well yes, I broke the rules...but I conceded to them...shouldn't that make it ok?

Maybe in the Lobby...conceding to your opponent is deemed respectful...instead of just quitting on them. In past years it was...because if your opponent quit...you'd have to finish out vs the cpu. But, this year...I dont believe conceding is "respecting" your opponent.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum