* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

the "IDIOT RULE" - governing council PLS VOTE

+7
Fr8trainShane
phantomshark
mblammers
saastar
jmojsoski
Cheddah_Cheez
GREENERRRR
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

the "IDIOT RULE" - governing council PLS VOTE - Page 2 Empty Re: the "IDIOT RULE" - governing council PLS VOTE

Post by jmojsoski Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Looks like fr8shane gets it... He understands..lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

the "IDIOT RULE" - governing council PLS VOTE - Page 2 Empty I get it, and I support the rule (even though I have no say)

Post by Fr8trainShane Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 pm

But you run into a problem when you have 10 different people, and 5 different commissioners who disagree about what is, and what isn't unsim.

I think you need to add a rule, that if you are going to file a dispute of any kind.... You need to have visual evidence to do so, to stop the all of the girly whining that goes on around here. If its on video, then its arguable. if its not...well, state your case but its hard to prove without evidence. Even given all of the issues with Madden not saving replays of all the plays...I think its the only real way to treat things.

Also, If you are conceding, instead of the rule being "msg your opponent", it should be "post the concede on the forum", and then the other player has to post to agree to accept it. Otherwise, who knows why you quit...maybe you were down by 4 TDs and thought you could get a redo.

If you don't make the post, and it isn't accepted (by a reciprocal post in the forum by your opponent), then you are given a loss in that game, no questions asked..

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

the "IDIOT RULE" - governing council PLS VOTE - Page 2 Empty Re: the "IDIOT RULE" - governing council PLS VOTE

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:58 pm

IF U GUYS WANNA CHANGE THE RULE TO "OUTLAWING ANY BEHAVOUR THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN ON SUDAYS" - that would be the same as the essence of the rule i was trying to pass -

but for gods sack - will some1 propose a rule TO BE VOTED ON BESIDES ME!!!!

its like u all sit around and criticize and poke at examples i COME UP WITH OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD but nobody will step up and make an actual RULE AMMENDMENT or CHANGE but me!!!! we all know the rules are lacking - and guys are quick to bitch about it - BUT WHY NOT BE PART OF THE SOLUTION????

pls -0 some1 on council RE-WRITE MY RULE so it reads like some1 suggested - (reffering to outlawing behavour that would NEVER HAPPEN IN THE NFL)...

FOR THE RECORD - I WOULD RE-WRITE IT- BUT MY bashing club would just vote it down just to ARGUE WITH ME - they are willing to sacrifice the MADDEN GROUP just to spite me... sad isnt it?

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:But you run into a problem when you have 10 different people, and 5 different commissioners who disagree about what is, and what isn't unsim.

I think you need to add a rule, that if you are going to file a dispute of any kind.... You need to have visual evidence to do so, to stop the all of the girly whining that goes on around here. If its on video, then its arguable. if its not...well, state your case but its hard to prove without evidence. Even given all of the issues with Madden not saving replays of all the plays...I think its the only real way to treat things.

Also, If you are conceding, instead of the rule being "msg your opponent", it should be "post the concede on the forum", and then the other player has to post to agree to accept it. Otherwise, who knows why you quit...maybe you were down by 4 TDs and thought you could get a redo.

If you don't make the post, and it isn't accepted (by a reciprocal post in the forum by your opponent), then you are given a loss in that game, no questions asked..

i think u mean a message on the PSN - cant see guys posting on the FORUM just to CONCEDE a game where a guy is gonna do 3 kneels to kill the last 2 minutes of a game (with no tmeouts)...

and for the record - VIDEO EVIDENCE IS REQUIRED for sanction... written in the rule book
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:But you run into a problem when you have 10 different people, and 5 different commissioners who disagree about what is, and what isn't unsim.

Agreed bro, video evidence is the way to go. That's video, and not photographic. As a commish I log complaints about everyone...with or without evidence...and who complained about them. If I get the same complaints about a person from several different people then something will be done. Or even if I get multiple complaints about the same guy from several people, ok. But if someone wants some kind of action other than a warning then I need video evidence. Even if I beleive someone, I can't do much without the evidence...sets a bad precedent. I also agree that some of the confrontations here are becoming absurd. I will call someone out when I think they do something wrong, and I expect the same behavior. I'll also explain my case and expect them to explain theirs. Even if it's something as simple as I was pissed and lost my head, all good with me. But to prolong things is insane. There comes a point where you've explained your case so many times and either people don't see it your way (it happens all the time in real life, you gotta live with it) or they do. Either way, once you've offered an explanation, or reason from the other end, so many times, enough is enough.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:04 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:FOR THE RECORD - I WOULD RE-WRITE IT- BUT MY bashing club would just vote it down just to ARGUE WITH ME - they are willing to sacrifice the MADDEN GROUP just to spite me... sad isnt it?

I honestly don't think any of this is out of spite. At least not from me. I get a TON of enjoyment out of the leagues I'm in and that is in large part because of you. I just think you happen to be wrong about a couple things lately and have handled it poorly.
That doesn't mean that I have spite or want to "sacrifice the MADDEN GROUP".

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:10 pm

mblammers wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:FOR THE RECORD - I WOULD RE-WRITE IT- BUT MY bashing club would just vote it down just to ARGUE WITH ME - they are willing to sacrifice the MADDEN GROUP just to spite me... sad isnt it?

I honestly don't think any of this is out of spite. At least not from me. I get a TON of enjoyment out of the leagues I'm in and that is in large part because of you. I just think you happen to be wrong about a couple things lately and have handled it poorly.
That doesn't mean that I have spite or want to "sacrifice the MADDEN GROUP".

well than good - PROPOSE A DAM RULE THAN - because to this point I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS DONE A THING REAGRDING RULES - (sorry - dtigertron proposed a rule in SEPTEMBER - THAT GOT VETOED by the council - AND HE GOT ran out of the MAdden Group because he was sick and tired of the BS going (ironically the "running in circles b4 the snap" thing was the straw broke the camels back that made him sell meadden and leave the MG) - total shame AND SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED - and wouldnt have happened if we had the rule i proposed in place and am now trying to support...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:11 pm

I also don't have any spite towards anyone...but I doubt Greener was directing that comment towards me since I haven't really said or done anything to anyone about anything.

However, I do have my opinions. My opinions differ on EVERY topic. Just because I agree with someone in on one thing, doesn't mean I will agree with them on everything, it also doesn't mean I like them or respect them. Same goes the other way.

I think Jmo is a cool dude from what I know. But I don't agree with everything he says and or does. Same with most guys in this group. When I look at any topic, I'm objective...unless it's a topic I make then I'm most likely biased because it's my topic...so how I feel about someone or their ideas in general has no weight to me. I look at the content, and decide whether I agree or not and why, and then I express that. If someone disagrees with me and presents their disagreement in a NON-CONFRONTATIONAL MANNER (Listen up 95% of you people involved in many of these topics...NON-CONFRONTATIONAL) then I can be swayed...sometimes.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:17 pm

For the record...I have proposed a rule: that has been commented on TONS (QB sub rule) and also falls into the excuse of people saying "it's not a rule" as an excuse why it's done.

My rule was: You CAN NOT sub a QB in or out UNLESS it is for the rest of the game OR due to injury.

This rule totally mimmicks the real NFL because QBs are only pulled because they're playing like shit, or because they're hurt. NO team employs a 2 QB system. Wildcat is the exception, and the game already has a wildcat formation. It's completely ridiculous for people to sub in a scrambling QB to use on 3rd and long just so they have an option to run. In the unlikely situation this occurred in real life, teams would have a special package for it. In the game, it can't be accounted for until it's too late, and defensive hot routes can only do so much and create holes.

I think the thread I made about it is 6 or 7 pages long and is entitled QB sub rule...
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:I also don't have any spite towards anyone...but I doubt Greener was directing that comment towards me since I haven't really said or done anything to anyone about anything.

However, I do have my opinions. My opinions differ on EVERY topic. Just because I agree with someone in on one thing, doesn't mean I will agree with them on everything, it also doesn't mean I like them or respect them. Same goes the other way.

I think Jmo is a cool dude from what I know. But I don't agree with everything he says and or does. Same with most guys in this group. When I look at any topic, I'm objective...unless it's a topic I make then I'm most likely biased because it's my topic...so how I feel about someone or their ideas in general has no weight to me. I look at the content, and decide whether I agree or not and why, and then I express that. If someone disagrees with me and presents their disagreement in a NON-CONFRONTATIONAL MANNER (Listen up 95% of you people involved in many of these topics...NON-CONFRONTATIONAL) then I can be swayed...sometimes.

SANE and REASONABLE people do this cheddah - but frankly i think there is a group of people on here that are more concerned with tryn to "make me look bad" than the TOPIC AT HAND - they would cut there noses off despite their face and i am just the LATEST LIGHTNING ROD... R088 had his turn for a while... SICKSTICK was bashed around for a while... coincidenetly in both instances - i stepped up and told them that NOTHING COULD BE DONE about those guys without VIDEO PROOF... (VIDEO PROOF was mentioned ealeir in this thread but has been the standard we have gone by for instituting punishment since DAY 1) - so i am sure that was the start of demise with them there... but in the end -THEY ARE JUST OPINIONS - and OPINIONS are like ASSHOLES = every1 has got one!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:For the record...I have proposed a rule: that has been commented on TONS (QB sub rule) and also falls into the excuse of people saying "it's not a rule" as an excuse why it's done.

My rule was: You CAN NOT sub a QB in or out UNLESS it is for the rest of the game OR due to injury.

This rule totally mimmicks the real NFL because QBs are only pulled because they're playing like shit, or because they're hurt. NO team employs a 2 QB system. Wildcat is the exception, and the game already has a wildcat formation. It's completely ridiculous for people to sub in a scrambling QB to use on 3rd and long just so they have an option to run. In the unlikely situation this occurred in real life, teams would have a special package for it. In the game, it can't be accounted for until it's too late, and defensive hot routes can only do so much and create holes.

I think the thread I made about it is 6 or 7 pages long and is entitled QB sub rule...

sorry first i heard of a proposed rule - but granted - i get busy sometimes and miss days at a time on the boards - MAYBE U HAVE TO MAKE IT MORE OBVIOUS that u are asking council members to vote on the rule suggestion - USE THE HEADING I DID - IT SEEMS TO GET governing council attention... i would support that rule in a heartbeat..
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:06 pm

i think all these "rules" should be proposed seperately. i only support rule one, defenders running in circles. CP does this to me all the time and thinks i'm crazy for calling it unsim. happy to finally see someone on the same boat.

as far as rule 2, i would love for an opponent to run/pass 100% of the time. it makes everything so predictable and much easier to defend. people rarely run on me anyways, after 5-10 plays they give up after i stuff it. (with exception to greener who will pound the ball at me 1 yard at a time all game long. lol)

rule 3, like chedda said, i love having LB's on my WR's and TE's, period. whether they press or not i don't care. you might get a couple sacks here and there but eventually i'll get behind it and burn you. the on guy who i know uses press on a constant basis is Vista. you can press all you want on me, matter of fact i encourage it because it will play into my hands. greener maybe you should get some bigger receivers with better release? i know like the those small speedy ones but they do have their disadvantages.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 pm

we're all going to need copies of rule manuals mailed out to reference during our games. how bout we just make one rule, don't do stupid shit to glitch the ai, respect your opp, and don't play like an asshole...play like your favorite team does in sunday.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

That's to hard of a concept for these people to grasp
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:04 pm

ez - can u pls read the thread - those are EXAMPLES not specific rules i am tryn to pass...

and i agree with FF and amazinbgly JMO - dont do stupid crap EVEN IF ITS SOMEHOW WITHIN A POORLY WRITTEN RULE...

honestly made this rule suggestion to SIMPLIFY THINGS - and guys are gettn hung up on examples - IF IT WOULDNT HAPPEN ON sundays - it shouldnt happen in our SIM LG - if that was a rule passed -=IT WOULD BE THE SAME ESSENCE AS I WAS TRYN TO GET THROUGH - - so pls some1 rewite the rule - HELL JMO - U AGREE - u right the rule - i will support it even if u wrote it BECAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO and my angst against you in no way would make me rue against a rule that would benefit the madden group...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by huffinator Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 pm

I totally agree with Falcon. If you've labbed for hours to beat the cpu AI, then its probably not sim.

huffinator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:11 am

first of i don't run in circles i move around so my opponent dont know where i will be lined up at. secondly how can you build momentum the guys never run pre snap just a slight jog they do as the move around the field. Third point what NFL teams you guy be watching that the lbs just stand still waiting for the ball to snap
ezweightloss wrote:i think all these "rules" should be proposed seperately. i only support rule one, defenders running in circles. CP does this to me all the time and thinks i'm crazy for calling it unsim. happy to finally see someone on the same boat.

as far as rule 2, i would love for an opponent to run/pass 100% of the time. it makes everything so predictable and much easier to defend. people rarely run on me anyways, after 5-10 plays they give up after i stuff it. (with exception to greener who will pound the ball at me 1 yard at a time all game long. lol)

rule 3, like chedda said, i love having LB's on my WR's and TE's, period. whether they press or not i don't care. you might get a couple sacks here and there but eventually i'll get behind it and burn you. the on guy who i know uses press on a constant basis is Vista. you can press all you want on me, matter of fact i encourage it because it will play into my hands. greener maybe you should get some bigger receivers with better release? i know like the those small speedy ones but they do have their disadvantages.
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:16 am

Child_Please4285 wrote:first of i don't run in circles i move around so my opponent dont know where i will be lined up at. secondly how can you build momentum the guys never run pre snap just a slight jog they do as the move around the field. Third point what NFL teams you guy be watching that the lbs just stand still waiting for the ball to snap
ezweightloss wrote:i think all these "rules" should be proposed seperately. i only support rule one, defenders running in circles. CP does this to me all the time and thinks i'm crazy for calling it unsim. happy to finally see someone on the same boat.

I don't see them running in circles either... It's usually straight up to the line, gap left/or right, or back to their starting position. I'm not saying you're confusing the AI, because I don't know if you are or not. But I do see my line assignments go crazy while you're doing that. I see sim aspects of moving your man around, because one of the reasons LBs shift their positions are to confuse blockers. So I couldn't really make a ruling on it. I personally feel it's doing something, but because I don't know for sure I can't say anything on it.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 am

honesty im lost on this running in circles issue i dont do that. heres what it is on alot of plays where the guard is pulling some where between the A and B gap on the backside of a run the OL dont block people thats just what it is nothing else you guys are putting way more into it than it really is
Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
Child_Please4285 wrote:first of i don't run in circles i move around so my opponent dont know where i will be lined up at. secondly how can you build momentum the guys never run pre snap just a slight jog they do as the move around the field. Third point what NFL teams you guy be watching that the lbs just stand still waiting for the ball to snap

I don't see them running in circles either... It's usually straight up to the line, gap left/or right, or back to their starting position. I'm not saying you're confusing the AI, because I don't know if you are or not. But I do see my line assignments go crazy while you're doing that. I see sim aspects of moving your man around, because one of the reasons LBs shift their positions are to confuse blockers. So I couldn't really make a ruling on it. I personally feel it's doing something, but because I don't know for sure I can't say anything on it.
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:28 am

Like I said, I'm not accusing you of anything. All I'm saying is my opinion. Your explanation makes sense though
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:35 am

i was speaking of EZ who says i run in circles i was just explaining it to you
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2