* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Tonight's Draft

+6
falconfansince81
jmojsoski
BlaineTheMono19
bigbuddah
Cheddah_Cheez
phantomshark
10 posters

Go down

Tonight's Draft Empty Tonight's Draft

Post by phantomshark Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Not a very good overall draft, but it's got some outstanding talent at the top, especially HBs, safeties, and a couple of TEs. I always get very excited before drafting, good luck to everyone, and hope these trades go smoothly. Very Happy

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Tonight's Draft Empty Re: Tonight's Draft

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:39 pm

Likewise...especially since I own copeland...I mean the number 1 overall pick.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Shhh, you'll spoil the surprise. Now go back to kissing his picture.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:45 am

my draft was amazing in my eyes man. big shouts to mblammers for reminding me that i had his 3rd and 4th picks...he honestly coulda stiffed me and i wouldnt be the wisor. so here we go

1 - cb phillip stowers 6'2" 95 speed (swap by me and CP..CP had blaine's first)
2 - wr lacy williams 6'1'' 94 speed (great attributes man B POTENTIAL..i think he was a steal honestly)
3 - from mblammers -mlb fabian mintlow 6'0'' 89 speed (small for a lb but good speed)
3 - te kyle dunaway 6'6'' 83 speed (very solid rookie attributes dont kno how he is 37 ovr and F potential seriously but ima use em lol)
4 - from mblammers - fs bjoern benjamin 6'1'' 96 speed (hahaha idk i jus wanted speed he was still there so i had to get em)
4 - le brian palmer 6'4'' 67 speed 88 block shedding (hands down he is a great 3-4 DE that block shedding is rediculous for a rookie in 4th round)
5 - qb marquis hall 6'6'' 93 thp 68 tha ( romo is getting old in his 11 year so im looking for a replacement...hopefully i didnt waste a pick but we will see)
6 - rb ray king 6'1'' 93 speed 93 accel (he isnt missing the key attributes speed accel strength and carry...but he is missing stiff arm spin and juke)
7 - dt matthew shaffer 6'4'' 97 strength (ppl are too concerned about speed he only has 39 speed...BUT hit power 98 block shedding 73..enough said)

all in all i got 9 picks and now i have trade bait and solid young players with much better team speed. i am very excited about this coming up year to reclaim my division and my spot among the top of the best players. hopefully losing ernie sims in trade but gaining darius butler in the secondary was a good move.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:04 am

I love the way my draft went. I traded the 1st overall pick and the first in the 4th round for the 11th, 22nd, and 43rd picks.

1st(11) - Got Matthew Kato, A-pot 97 speed CB (70 ovr). People I know were all telling me to grab this guy at #1 if I had to, my friend has him in another league and raves.
1st(22)- Got Bryan Walker, A-pot 92 speed WR (77 ovr). Actually had him rated #3 on my board behind 2 HBs, and since I didn't need a halfback, he might have been my pick anyway if I didn't trade out of the #1 spot. Solid now, gets better, and is a 99 rated return man
2nd(33)- Got Davasia Burton, A-pot 95 speed CB (61 ovr). Had him rated #11 on my board, so getting him second round was a bonus. He and Kato revitalize what was a super-slow secondary
2nd(43)- Got Landon Jones, A-pot RE (77 ovr). Had intended to take the K Coker here, but when I saw that the 'sleeper' my friend told me about was still here, I had to take him. Will look mighty nice opposite the young A-Pot Elton Cox from last years draft. Had him rated #19 on my board, so got 4 of my top 19 picks (and more than half those 19 were positions I wouldn't have taken, like HB, TE, Safety, O-Line).
3rd(65)- Got Adam Coker, A-pot K (86 ovr)- was prepared to take him at 43, delighted that he slipped this far. Needed a fresh leg to take over for Jay Feely and kick long FGs for me.

So 5 A-pots in 1 draft. My 5th and 6th round picks added a fast CB and depth at DE, and my 7th round pick alas did not make the team, lol.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:10 am

Although I previously dealt my first and second for Kieth Rivers and Glover Quinn Jr., I still managed to snag my TE of the future in the third, Jameek Stripling. B Pot, 6'8, 81 speed, 83 accel., 79 catch, 84 spec. catch, 84 jump. Looking forward to getting this kid some fades at the goal line.

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:14 am

phantomshark wrote:I love the way my draft went. I traded the 1st overall pick and the first in the 4th round for the 11th, 22nd, and 43rd picks.

1st(11) - Got Matthew Kato, A-pot 97 speed CB (70 ovr). People I know were all telling me to grab this guy at #1 if I had to, my friend has him in another league and raves.
1st(22)- Got Bryan Walker, A-pot 92 speed WR (77 ovr). Actually had him rated #3 on my board behind 2 HBs, and since I didn't need a halfback, he might have been my pick anyway if I didn't trade out of the #1 spot. Solid now, gets better, and is a 99 rated return man
2nd(33)- Got Davasia Burton, A-pot 95 speed CB (61 ovr). Had him rated #11 on my board, so getting him second round was a bonus. He and Kato revitalize what was a super-slow secondary
2nd(43)- Got Landon Jones, A-pot RE (77 ovr). Had intended to take the K Coker here, but when I saw that the 'sleeper' my friend told me about was still here, I had to take him. Will look mighty nice opposite the young A-Pot Elton Cox from last years draft. Had him rated #19 on my board, so got 4 of my top 19 picks (and more than half those 19 were positions I wouldn't have taken, like HB, TE, Safety, O-Line).
3rd(65)- Got Adam Coker, A-pot K (86 ovr)- was prepared to take him at 43, delighted that he slipped this far. Needed a fresh leg to take over for Jay Feely and kick long FGs for me.

So 5 A-pots in 1 draft. My 5th and 6th round picks added a fast CB and depth at DE, and my 7th round pick alas did not make the team, lol.

im jealous man seriously 5 a potential guys...man i need help identifying those guys man seriously the highest i ever got was B potential and i thought that was rediculous haha...we i found that the wr i got with my 2nd overal pick was B potential i ran out my room screaming haha so idk what i would do if i ever drafted an A potential player.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:56 am

I loved my draft... Ill breakdown my draft tomorrow morning..I'm a lil tried now..lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:19 am

i didnt get shit, except this beast TE 92 speed, 88 route running, 85 catch, A potential, this guys gonna be a force to reckon with. also got a great end and future A potential mlb im trying to convert to end but madden won't let me sub his ass...need to play with depth chart.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:39 am

Could not be happier with how the draft went, I somehow managed to get the 4 highest rated players on my board.

1st rnd #3: MLB Taue'etia 95 speed, 94 accel, 99 hit power, 93 tackle. a faster patrick willis? yes please

1st rnd #6: CB Leopard 99 speed 99 accel 88 press. just drafted him for the name

1st rnd #10: QB Nile Turner 94 THP 91 THA A potential. Basically a younger Aaron Rodgers, not sure how he slipped to 10th

1st rnd #18: WR Gilmore 95 speed 90 catch 90 release and he's 6'3". Again, not sure how he fell this far

2nd rnd #9: WR Davis 95 speed. Nothing special, but he's fast

2nd rnd #10: HB Brian Langford 95 speed 99 accel. Again, nothing special, but speed kills

2nd rnd #18: TE Browne 94 speed. I now have 2 TE's named Brown, and this guy. weird

2nd rnd #23: FS Thompson 95 speed. I messed up this pick, kind of forgot about it so I panicked and told Mayhem to get this guy. there were definitely better people available though, but he's not bad.

4th rnd: HB West 95 speed

5th rnd: DT Walden 85 BSH

I forget my 6th and 7th, I don't know if they are still on the team ha.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 am

surfnturf90 wrote:Could not be happier with how the draft went, I somehow managed to get the 4 highest rated players on my board.

1st rnd #3: MLB Taue'etia 95 speed, 94 accel, 99 hit power, 93 tackle. a faster patrick willis? yes please

1st rnd #6: CB Leopard 99 speed 99 accel 88 press. just drafted him for the name

1st rnd #10: QB Nile Turner 94 THP 91 THA A potential. Basically a younger Aaron Rodgers, not sure how he slipped to 10th

1st rnd #18: WR Gilmore 95 speed 90 catch 90 release and he's 6'3". Again, not sure how he fell this far

2nd rnd #9: WR Davis 95 speed. Nothing special, but he's fast

2nd rnd #10: HB Brian Langford 95 speed 99 accel. Again, nothing special, but speed kills

2nd rnd #18: TE Browne 94 speed. I now have 2 TE's named Brown, and this guy. weird

2nd rnd #23: FS Thompson 95 speed. I messed up this pick, kind of forgot about it so I panicked and told Mayhem to get this guy. there were definitely better people available though, but he's not bad.

4th rnd: HB West 95 speed

5th rnd: DT Walden 85 BSH

I forget my 6th and 7th, I don't know if they are still on the team ha.

so basically, you managed to take everyone i wanted.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:50 am

falconfansince81 wrote:

so basically, you managed to take everyone i wanted.

haha i guess not all of em, that TE you got looks pretty ridiculous. A faster version of vernon davis sounds alright to me

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:34 am

My draft went very well also. I had to get a QB because Eli Manning went from a 89 to a 53 something think he had a offseason program of Cookies and Milk!

So I grabbed QB Tushaus "B" Pot 78 overall.

I got a Center with my 2nd pick Quigley "B" pot 73 Overall see what he developes into I have a couple years to play with here.

The 3rd position I addressed was TE I got Carkhuff "A" pot 68 Overall to back up my stud TE Graham.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:12 am

Pfft a faster version of Cosh maybe f Vernon Davis
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 am

I'm really happy with this draft. I would give it a solid B+

Even though I didn't land ANY of the players I had targeted, I was able to land 2 A potentials and a B.

Going into the draft I only had my 1st, 2nd and my 5th through 7th.

I was hoping to land a corner, but this draft wasn't deep there, so I snagged SS Marcus Dore at 16.

He's 6' tall, 92 speed, 96 acc and 81 man coverage.

I was playing Michael Huff at SS, so now I can either trade him or use Huff as my nickel corner - In fact, with huffs size speed and coverage skills he could START at corner

With my second, I was able to land another A potential player - this time WR Jamel Bonner - He is not as fast as some people like, but I value acc more than speed, and he is a 99 acc. He's also 6'2" which I like. Should be an awesome number 2 for awhile.

Then I think I got the steal of the draft in the 5th round - Cecil Johnson, hb. He is only 66 ovr, but he is a B potential 89 spd, 98 acc, 87 trucking. I don't think the guy is an everydown back yet (his carry is only 61 and his freaking injury rating is 31!, but he can do a lot of things. He's 6'3", and has 87 thp and 57 accuracy. I will definitely be running some wildcat with this dude.

for only having 5 picks I pretty stoked.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:15 pm

First of all, I didn't get one player who i really wanted to draft with my first pick which was
MLB Taue'etia 95 speed, 94 accel, 99 hit power, 93 tackle, that bastard sufnturf stole him. Then someone with zero brains took CB Kevin Lepaord.. But, with these two guys being gone, it was a blessing in disguise.

1st round pick- the Broncos drafted Swanson, Gavin #40 SS. 98speed 57catch, 81 tackle 82power. This guy is a heat seeking missile and a ball hawk. Drafting Swanson, allowed me to move Michael Jenkins back to FS, where he will sit under Woodson for one year. SS was a need, although i had no plans of drafting a SS this year.

3rd round pick- The broncos drafted Thomas, Josh #24 CB. This guys shouldn't have fell this far, but because he was 54 overall, he was overlooked. CP tried to trade up in the second but no one would trade with him. Thomas, 94 speed 98 accel, 82 press. Thomas completes the secondary unit with 4 corners who have a press of 82 and above. This move also allows for woodson to retire and andre goodman. This Alabama stud will see time in the dime package and quater, where he will lock down those sneaky 4th WR.

4th Round Pick- The Broncos drafted Butler, Cordell #82 WR. This maybe a real steal, it seems the Brandon Marshall found his way back to Denver under another name. This guys was definitely overlooked because, everyone has a hard on for speed. I drafted knowing he can be a starter. Butler is 6'5 211 81 speed 84 accel 85 route running 86 catch in traffic and 88 spectacular catch. Now the man is slow, but ask cheedah how Butler abused hes secondary with huge catchs to complete a comeback. Including Butler the Broncos have 4 starting WR's, respectively, 6'2 BEY BEY (97 speed 86CIT 88SPC) 6'5 230 Ricky Washington (93 speed 89 CIT 80SPC), 6'1 Berrian(96 speed 77CIT 82SPC), 6'5 Butler(86CIT 88SPC). Bring on the man coverage ladies..lol

5th round pick- The Broncos drafted Clements, Maurice #57 MLB. This was suppose to be a throw away pick. But with DJ Williams regressing with age, I gave the Rookie Clements a shot and man, his ratings won't wow you, but he was all over the field in my first game of the season. Clements Forced the game winning fumble, add that to he's 6 tackles, the man is a DJ Williams in Training. He won't make outstanding plays, but the kid is a tackling machine. Very good pick, especially for this late in the draft.

Overall, i was shocked and pleased at my draft, i normally don't expect to get talent after the 3rd round, but lighting struck and im stoked..lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:09 pm

i really wanted lb's this year, unfortunately they all went before i could pick a decent one...there wasn't shit for corners which i needed more than anything, but i think i did ok for what i was left to work with. these were my noteworthy picks.

1st rnd (st. louis) - LOLB FRANTANZY SMART (82spd, 60mcv, 70zcv) will make a good boley replacement B potential
1st rnd (oakland) - failed to draft a player
1st rnd (jacksonville) - TE ELLIOT MOORE (92spd, 88rte, 83cth) this guy will terrorize linebackers for years to come A potential

---at this point everyone else was gone who i really wanted, so i went with some defense line and im glad i did---

1st rnd (atlanta) - LE ELIJHA WEAKS (81spd, 80agi, 91bsh) thats right...91 block shed. 91 BLOCK SHED! B potential, this dude lives in the backfield

2nd rnd (oakland) - MLB PATRICK FERRELL (86awr, 89agi, 91bsh) drafted this guy to use as a possible end since hes only 70 speed but A potential

4th rnd (atlanta) - RB EVAN FONTENOT (95spd, 95agi, 89car, 70cth) makes me a great special teams returner

5th rnd (atlanta) - CB PAT RICO (91spd, 77mcv, 63zcv) not bad for a 5th round pick, needed a decent backup

falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:09 pm

jmojsoski wrote:
MLB Taue'etia 95 speed, 94 accel, 99 hit power, 93 tackle, that bastard sufnturf stole him. Then someone with zero brains took CB Kevin Lepaord..

now who would do something stupid like take those 2 guys?... haha

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:18 pm

it actually worked out, with you taking those guys, i got great value with swason, and two steals in butler and thomas
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:35 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:i didnt get shit, except this beast TE 92 speed, 88 route running, 85 catch, A potential, this guys gonna be a force to reckon with. also got a great end and future A potential mlb im trying to convert to end but madden won't let me sub his ass...need to play with depth chart.

Yeah, you can't play a MLB at end, only an OLB.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:06 pm

jmojsoski wrote:it actually worked out, with you taking those guys, i got great value with swason, and two steals in butler and thomas

yeah Swanson's a beast for sure, and I'm sure you'll be able to do work with the other guys you got too.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:41 pm

phantomshark wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:i didnt get shit, except this beast TE 92 speed, 88 route running, 85 catch, A potential, this guys gonna be a force to reckon with. also got a great end and future A potential mlb im trying to convert to end but madden won't let me sub his ass...need to play with depth chart.

yeah its retarded, but he might be ok in a couple seasons as a cpu controlled defender if that A potential does anything decent...i should have had fourth overall pick but dominators draft board decided it would be a better decision to draft a center Rolling Eyes
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:46 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:
phantomshark wrote:

yeah its retarded, but he might be ok in a couple seasons as a cpu controlled defender if that A potential does anything decent...i should have had fourth overall pick but dominators draft board decided it would be a better decision to draft a center Rolling Eyes

Well I guess that proves that the draft board doesn't work for the rookie drafts, he told me before the draft who his top 3 players were, and 2 of them were still there at #5.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down