* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Altanta Falcons Season Preview

5 posters

Go down

Altanta Falcons Season Preview Empty Altanta Falcons Season Preview

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:01 pm

after 2 years of rebuilding the falcons finally seem poised to make a legitimate playoff run. after a disastrous second season, atlanta started the restructuring process midway through the 3rd season and to much surprise nearly stole back the NFC champion title despite many injuries and shallowness on D. a solid rookie draft coupled with numerous trades have brought a lot of new faces into the organization looking to go for the coveted top prize of bringing home a lombardi.

week 1 would be a good measuring stick of the success and stability the newly reformed falcons team could produce, particularly whether or not the suspect defense of rookies could compete and be consistent. player of the week awards have been scarce for atlanta the last couple years, as the defense was just too old and banged up to contain anyone. the first test would be against a tough miami dolphins team who consistently finish seasons with winning records.

the falcons have always been just good on one side of the ball, but versus the dolphins it appears that with the progression of sam bradford (99tas, 99tam, 81tad) who will be looking for targets such as greg jennings and miles austin, atlanta can now adapt to anything thrown at them. bradford filled his role perfectly this week in coach FF's offensive ground'n pound scheme going 10/15 for 177 yards.

beanie wells also proved himself worthy as a turner replacement grinding out 104 tough yards and racking up 3 td's. BUT WHAT ABOUT THAT NEW TIGHT END?? all i can say is...vernon who? munchie who? rookie TE elliot moore finished the game with 6 receptions for 133 yards and 1 td as it appears the falcons finally have the weapons on offense to compliment the power run game.

the young defense is what really stole the show, showing glimpses of the 2010 squad that shattered NFL int records. atlantas D pulled in 6 picks, mccain had 2 and newly aquired mlb mckenzie had 1 and a forced fumble as well. the falcons only gave up a total of 119 passing yards and 32 rushing yards (3.2 ypc) in their 31-0 season opener. the bar has been raised, and the falcons fully intend on raising it even higher as the season progresses.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Altanta Falcons Season Preview Empty Re: Altanta Falcons Season Preview

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Nice read bro, that TE looks pretty sick.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:47 pm

WOW..... Coming out of the gates on FIRE
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Yeah - that TE has 92 speed but very low AGI and ACC - how does he move?

I wanted him but I needed OLB help too much.
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Wait til you come to New Orleans Cosh will teach him a thing or two Wink
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:19 pm

sam22smith wrote:Yeah - that TE has 92 speed but very low AGI and ACC - how does he move?

I wanted him but I needed OLB help too much.

hes no ballerina but his 88 route running in combination with 92 speed lined up vs a linebacker who at best has maybe 70mcv and 85 speed is quite a mismatch especially on drags, flags, and outs. hes a great 2nd or 3rd read cause if austin or jennings is covered, he was usually open by the time i made my reads. the fact that hes A potential only intensifies my man crush on him, anxious to see how he progresses.

yeah...new orleans...two great te's will face off, but i think cosh will be the one asking moore to sign his gloves Smile
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:15 pm

I dont think that will happen Smile
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Plus he is 6'5" - what pick did you get him with? He was my number 1 guy on the board but I switched it late. Hope I don't regret it. I had pick 7
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Ah my TE is 6'5 I ain't worried about that Wink
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:02 pm

sam22smith wrote:Plus he is 6'5" - what pick did you get him with? He was my number 1 guy on the board but I switched it late. Hope I don't regret it. I had pick 7

it was the jags 1st rnd pick so whatever that came out to be, maybe like mid round? i've never had a really good TE so im pretty excited to work him in my system, i always draft quick guys but since they have bad rte they rarely get open.

cosh has also had what, 2 seasons to progress? idk bill...i hear reports a grounds crew member snapped a quick cell video of munchie weaping behind a stack of equipment after practice wednesday. not a good sign man...and hes been awfully quite lately, hows that prior injury treatin his ass?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:03 pm

My boy Jimmy Graham is 6'6 260...lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Didn't slow him down a bit brother and there is nothing to weep and for your information he looked very strong in Week 1. 9 catches 109 yards and a TD OF STRONG Smile
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum