* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

JMO comes to town......

5 posters

Go down

JMO comes to town...... Empty JMO comes to town......

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 pm

The Chicago Bears took to the road this week to visit the Buffalo Bills in their house. Buffalo Wild Wing Stadium (Formerly Ralph Wilson) was rocking with anticipation of this great match up. The Buffalo Bills were expecting a heated battle, Vegas had them as 7 point underdogs in their own house, and they were heavily agitated by the beat writers and local sports commentators who had already written them off.

Coach Fr8Train spent an extra 3 hours per day watching game film in preparation, the players practiced harder, and the fans were ready to get louder. There would be no gimme's in Buffalo. Coach Fr8 Train addressed the game before the kick off, "Look fellas, they aren't the '85 Bears. We can do this. Did you guys hear the Miami Dolphins coach this week? He said he was "Confident" that the Bears would take us down. He says, he's "coming for us". We need to punch the Bears in the mouth and make a statement."

The Bears win the toss, and elect to kick off. Chicago returns the kickoff to 20 yard line, and the fireworks began. First play of the game, David Garrard reads blitz, and audibles to a toss play to newly annointed starting RB Danny Woodhead. Woodhead takes the toss, and turns it up field for a 70 yard run upfield. He gets caught on the Bears 10 yard line, and gets drilled.....FUMBLE! Bears recover. Coach Fr8Train is pissed off. They made a statement play, and threw it away. But he'd get his chances again, as this was a game all about scoring.

Chicago took possession, and after a couple of short plays, DeSean Jackson saw the blitz coming and streaked up the field for a 69 yard TD pass to take Chicago to 7-0. Coach Fr8Train again fires up his guys, and they come out screaming. Danny Woodhead looking for revenge scampers up the sideline for a 69 yard TD, he's going to be the go to guy today.

Chicago was all about big plays today. Drew Brees was a monster, and he showed his Superbowl Poise as he continued hitting big plays all game long. Brees finished the day 8 of 15 for 304 yards, 4 TDs, and 1 INT, but it was the scoring strikes of 69 yards, 77 yards, 77, and 31 yards that continued to plague the Bills all day long.

The first quarter, a total of 28 points were scored, 14-14. In the 2nd Quarter, Buffalo took advantage of some plays, and took a 28-21 lead going into half time, however, they lost Eddie Royal for 5 weeks with a herniated disk before the half. At half time after both coaches gave spirited speeches, the teams came out making some major adjustments.

The Third Quarter was all about Chicago, as Maclin broke off his 77 yard TD pass, and Sproles hauled in a 31 yard pass, while the best the Bills could do was a 56 yard FG. The score was 35-31 Bears going into the final quarter. Chicago couldn't get anything going in the 4th quarter, as Buffalo's defense stepped up. However, Buffalo put up a FG to bring the score 35-34 with 4:15 seconds to play. Buffalo needed a big stop on the Bears next possession, and the held fast and forced a punt with just over 2:20 to play.

Buffalo's final possession was short lived however. Attempting a couple of running plays, Woodhead's legs were wore down, and he just couldn't find the success he had in the previous drives. 3rd down and 4, the Bills call a pass play, looking for Vernon Davis across the middle. Garrard dropped back, saw Davis covered, looked at his 2nd option, Washington who was double covered, and went back to Davis, who looked to be clearing the zone coverage....however, there was a LB baiting him on the play, and Ernie Sims came up with the drive stopping INT. Garrard got back to the bench and got an earful from Coach Fr8Train as Garrard failed to see Woodhead wide open in the flat with noone within 10 yards of him. It would be a replay that haunted him all game.

"I didn't see him. Vernon is a our go to guy, and I guess I should have trusted the new kid a bit more. It was a bad read by me, I tried to force it, and it bit me. But everyone forgets, we still had a chance after that.", David Garrard said in his post game interview. "We had all 3 of our Time outs, and we just had to hold Brees from getting a first down. We almost did. We forced the fumble, and on the field it looked like we fell on the ball. We were positive it was our ball, but somehow the Bears came out with it. Then we had another chance as the fumble was overturned by the booth, making it 3rd and 5. However, our D just couldn't force another stop."

And so Chicago walked away 35-34, and despite the losing effort, the Bills Coach Fr8Train was proud of their performance against one of the better teams in the CFL. "Man, to come that close, it eats at you. I know I'll have trouble sleeping tonight, that close. We got burned on a few blitzes, and a couple zone coverage plays for big touchdowns, but we'll overcome that. At least we know we have our Scat Back. We were heavily trying to find one via trade, but with Woodheads 17 for 241 yards today, I know we have our man, especially against one of the best rushing D's in the league.....and to the Miami Coach. Don't let the heatstroke speak for you, Buffalo is here to stay."

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

JMO comes to town...... Empty Re: JMO comes to town......

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Great read bro, sounds like you gave Jmo a run. Any chance you can copy and paste this on your teams blog on the XFL site as well? I wanna get guys active over there too if possible.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Already a step ahead of you Smile

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:09 am

I like this Fr8trainShane kid great addition
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:59 am

BiLlDoZeR_27 wrote:I like this Fr8trainShane kid great addition
+1
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
+1

+2
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Appreciate the kind words fellas.

Just trying to keep things interesting. Too often its just another league, you play your game, and there is nothing really to it.
I like the game recaps and such as it helps to build rivalries, and everyone else can feel how the game went.... It wish Madden would let you have "spectators" for each game....as that would kick ass.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:51 pm

sam22smith wrote:
Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
+1

+2

+3

As always great read. Sounds like a hell of a game too.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down