* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Tired of hearing about the Madden AI...

5 posters

Go down

Tired of hearing about the Madden AI... Empty Tired of hearing about the Madden AI...

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Before you read this and FLIP OUT. Understand its not directed at anyone specific. Just a generalized statement.
If you think it is directed at you, I apologize, its not....and you should probably figure out why you are so insecure.

Look, we all know Madden has issues.
We know that there is going to be BS plays in every single game, the DBs are going to shadow receivers in unlikely matters, and that polygons are going to mesh, there is going to be suction blocks, and a whole other plethora of issues that anyone with a google search or youtube search can find out about.

I'm tired of hearing about it.
I'm tired of hearing how people lost a game because (insert reason for bitching).

Yes these things exists. Yes, some of these issues are on every single play, but guess what. We all face them each game.
The flaws aren't picking on any particular player. We all face them.
Sometimes you get the good call, sometimes you don't.
It has to be the absolute most lame excuse I have ever heard.....

Do you know these things occur? Because its a video game and not real life. Programming languages are nowhere near mimicking real life. Its a video game. Might be time everyone remembers that. Its one of the most popular video games in the US, so you'll have these geniuses go on YouTube and argue animations and such....I'm over it.

And for all the "2k" enthusiasts, it had its own set of issues, it just wasn't as widely distributed so you didn't have such a huge following. It has since became a cult classic (more so after people no longer could play it).

Enjoy the game.
You know the flaws.
Work around them. You know how to defeat the flaws. If you don't, google it.
It is what it is.

I'm just tired of hearing about it.

(End of Rant)[b]

Last edited by Fr8trainShane on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Tired of hearing about the Madden AI... Empty Re: Tired of hearing about the Madden AI...

Post by Delmas26 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:45 pm

seriously? is this directed at me?

Simply because I said...I cant win with my players?

Good Lord, some of you..

Have alot of damn nerve...

or need serious help...that you cant let anything go.

Average Madden Players...cannot win with Average to Crappy Teams....not in CHZ LG...

what more is there to understand? Now, good players (J-Moj, CP, Falcon) sure, they can.

But, I'm sorry. My average ass...isnt gonna contend or win...with the players I've traded off...etc.

Why does this turn into a thread about "bitching" when I was simply makin a statement?

Should I start a post that states...'I'm tired of listening to your constant threads about what other guys do...and how your the new guy...who just wants to have fun?'

Seriously, why does everyone have to call everyone out? All of this is going completely overboard.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Tired of hearing about the Madden AI... Empty Re: Tired of hearing about the Madden AI...

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:46 pm

Delmas, this is not directed at you at all.... not even in the slightest. Just a random comment.

I wasn't even thinking of you at all when I made this post..... Relax bro.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Ok, so whats to gain by this topic?

criticizing a key(s) Madden group member? because he went on a rant and quit the league for a day?

is that really necessary?

really, whats to gain?

I dont blame that individual the slighest for why he left the leagues...and came back.

Hes frustrated.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Its not about FalconFan either.
Who the hell would I be to criticize someone who is most likely a better Madden player than I am, a longer tenured guy then I am, and someone who has a lot more respect than I do?

Its a generalized statement. There isn't a single person on here that doesn't use the AI as an excuse....including me. So its time we stop bitching about it.

Not only that, in my opinion, it disrespectful to your opponent to use it as an excuse, when they faced the same glitches in the same game.
Its like the real NFL. Nobody loses a game because of one play. Sure, 1 play may change the score, but there are a helluva lot more plays offensively, or defensively that you could've made to win a game.

Its never down to one play, one glitch, one whatever.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Fair enough....

I better start practicing...

grudge match in a few.... Smile

Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:33 pm

i don't think you can get mad over one play...an entire game? eh...that may require a rant. but thats all it is, a rant...just like yours. your sick of hearin about it just as much as people are sick of seein it (the shotty ai), so its all relative. but thats the best part about forums, you can vent your frustrations...get some advice, talk it over...let it out, and move on. some people do it this way, some people just don't get bothered by any of it, and some people rage quit their leagues and rejoin after they're done with their tantrum lol.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:37 pm

lol, we're all here for the same reason, and I guess there is a theraputic effect of venting Smile I can't argue that.

But, like I said, I do think sometimes its disrespectful to your opponent. Granted, anyone that has played long enough also knows when everything goes their way Smile

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:40 pm

how you mean disrespectful though? you should have seen my game vs kight in dw league...i mean, it was like a thing of beauty almost. everything that could go wrong did, and in ez's league i remember delmas got royally dicked in our week 15 game where absolutely nothing went right so yeah it happens to everyone. if he said fuck this bs i'm done i'd completely understand, but like you said everyone looks at it differently but i certainly hope no one feels disrespected thats the main concern.

edit** btw are you referring to the video of brady, favre and manning playing DB and shutting down mason and boldin? cause you have to admit...its pretty damn funny.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:45 pm

I think most rational thinking guys here would see a game where everything went their way, and call a spade a spade.... I think we all realize that.

I'm talking more about the 1 play that someone latches onto, and uses it as an excuse for the lost game.
Lets say you and I are tied 24-24 going into the fourth quarter, and I get some kickoff fumble for TD, and that ends up clinching the game, and then you post complaining that the AI screwed you on that play... and cost you a win.

In that situation, I'd feel pretty crappy considering you'd have had 3 other quarters to basically win the game. 1 or 2 freak plays happen all the time in the NFL.
But, to completely blame the AI for a loss in that kind of situation, I think would be childish.

I guess those are the instances that I'm referring to.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:55 pm

oh ok yeah i see, which of course both people know its a bs play...but it happens in the nfl too. shit, roddy white ran down that 49ers cb returning the game clinching interception and stripped the ball. total madden play right there, but crazy shit does happen...thats why we play every game. i've lost and won plenty of games off fluke incidents but you have to say gg, cause thats what it was all game. so long as you do that...i think the guy on the other end will understand the frustration.

the worst game i had was the last one in cheddahs, it was just after the kight gm so i was already going in with a negative mindset...and when i saw those db's cutting the routes in sync or before my wr's it was like the last straw. as you mentioned earlier, 2k5 was far from perfect...hell the games 6 years old now, but they did a lot of things right that next gen maddens still can't get. when your the only licensed game on the market who gives a shit, people will buy it regardless...simpler.deeper. quicker. Rolling Eyes so for my frustrationswas a culmination of everything. but in the end, it is just a video game...and nothing in madden will ever touch the level of rage trying to stop bo jackson in tecmo bowl.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:39 pm

hahaha omg am i the only 1 who thinks that his original post was rediculously funny? perfect grammer and yet has a fuckin point and is funny. straight up tho man i understand his point. the fact of the matter is noone wants to go opposite of the shit thats wrong. noone wants to stop running dual drags or slants all the way across the field and letting wrs pump off corners. noone is willing to play to a higher standard and thats the problem.

the 2k sports following was sooo funny and i will admid that i was in that group as well. my reasoning for joing that whoosssa group was because i jus want to see what will happen to EA if they had some competition on making the best football game.

everything statement fr8train made was true maybe to tru ffor alot of ppl but it was funny to me....GREAT POST BRO.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:09 pm

we all now madden BS plays occur FOR EVERY1 - what infuriates is how these are DISTRIBUTED - one game u can get the total EA SPORTS SHAFT and it be the complete difference in the game and the absolute reason u lost... THE INVERSE IS ALSO TRUE>>> or the MADDEN BS CAN be equally bad for BOTH GUYS... nevertheless - its hard ti swallow a loss - when clearly u have been screwed over - sure u can take some SOLACE that says the law of avergaes says you will get BS in your favour next time - but thats not always true - and lets face it - some games mean more than others or maybe you are facing lower quality opponent (and waste all your gratuitous lucky madden plays on a game u needed none) or your playn a tuff opponent andf all the Madden BS works against you... - thats would be murphys law at work...
'
I get what your saying in this post... and your 100% right - IN THE END (if we play enough games) - we should each benefit and suffer equally from poor Madden AI - BUT - LIKE LIFE - TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!!!! so here is hoping all my madden bs occurs in games that mean NOTHING (in terms of making the playoffs) and every playoff game i have or key game i need to win to get in the playoffs - I HOPE THE MADDEN GODS - AND THE SHIT STORM THEY FLUSH DOWN TO US SCREWS OVER MY OPPONENT!!!! LOL - sadly - if u could make this happen - the worst player could be consistantly more successful than the best!!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down