* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Tired of how BASIC football doesnt translate in this game...

+6
jmojsoski
falconfansince81
dodgerfan4eva916
johnnylagz17
Rui_F
GREENERRRR
10 posters

Go down

Tired of how BASIC football doesnt translate in this game... Empty Tired of how BASIC football doesnt translate in this game...

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:27 am

I just finished a game... where i pounded the run... was hugely successful - setting up my PLAY Action pass for a HR! - got lined up - because i am just running the ball down their throat... so on a 1st down... after i call Play action pass - defense doesnt fall for the fake - AT ALL and my qb gets hammered just after he does the fake... fooled nobody...

Than - later in the game - opponent is obviously gonna try and run the ball - because he want to milk the clock... he goes to 3 and 4 WR sets - BUT I AM NOT BUYING IT - i know he is running the ball even though he is in a passing set... SO I STAY IS BASE 3-4... AND WHAT DO U KNOW - THESE 4 WR are able to pound the ball right at me... and get 1st downs...

knowing football and calling the right play - in the right situation - in these circumstances - means NOTHING,... and i am tired of madden missing the maRK!!!

WHEN I AM IN 34 AND MY OPPONENT GOES TO A 4 wr SET AND TRIES TO RUN THE BALL - he should not be successfull - MAYBE the odd 4 yard gain - but mostly 1 yard losees and stuff at the LOS...

when i pound the ball - and the defense bring 8 in the box to stop it - AND I GO TO THE PLAYACTION - HE SHOULD BE ATTACKING THAT RB LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMMORROW (If it was actuallu a run play they would be all over him) - BUT SOMEHOW - MIRACUALOUSLY THEY KNOW ITS A PASS - PICK UP THERE PASS ASSIGNMENTS - AND THE PASS RUSHERS ALREADY HAVE SWITCHED FROM RUN STOP role- to pass rush INSTANTLY - AND ARE PURSUEING qb AS A PASS RUSHER EVEN B4 FAKES ARE DONE - TOTAL ABSURDITY...

I even had some1 who claims to coach high school football tell me that my problem with my play action pass was that i was doing my play action form a running formation and that i should run play action form passing formations - DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE? OF COURSE NOT - but what do you know i try and he is 100% right - although i am sure if he really is a coach he would never admit saying this to his co-coaches!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Tired of how BASIC football doesnt translate in this game... Empty Re: Tired of how BASIC football doesnt translate in this game...

Post by Rui_F Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:32 am

PA blocking in the game is broke ea has already admitted to it supposed to be in the next patch.

3-4 vs 4wr run depends on the play if your mlb are dropping into a mid zone or in man if the run is a draw or inside dive they may be out of position enough to knock them out of the play.

at the end of the game you might know what he is doing but ai is stupid all its really doing is following a path set by the play u call and then reacting to the ball its not smart enough to know the current situation or even the score for that matter.

Real AI just doesn't really exist, Madden AI is just a fancy "choose your own adventure book". Google it if you werent alive in the 80's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choose_Your_Own_Adventure
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Tired of how BASIC football doesnt translate in this game... Empty Re: Tired of how BASIC football doesnt translate in this game...

Post by johnnylagz17 Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:02 pm

gotta agree both ways here

P/A passes is what would make me an elite team but i just get murdered when ever i try , so I have to shotgun pass instead and that just feels desperate ..

I hate this 2 .. I have f#ckin marion barber and chris johnson and I do better with barber IN THE OPEN FN FIELD !!! WTF

eli cant complete anything to SINDEY RICE U FN KIDDIN ME

.. games ridiculous .. ea has to fix it lol
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Post by dodgerfan4eva916 Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:19 pm

I completly agree with you here greenerrr unfortunately madden never has been and never will be a simulation type football game. In my opinion a large majortiy of madden players know absolutely nothing about real football and ea stands to lose far too much money by making a game that is more simulation style than arcade style. Bottom line is most people want to run around and sling the ball around the field not pound the run to set up pa like in real football. Its all about the money unfortunately.

dodgerfan4eva916

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:54 pm

remember the theory of rubberband ai? you get ahead early and the cpu basically goes into all madden mode so you players perform worse the create closer games? i played jmo last night, who i always seemed to meet in either the super bowl or championship game (and lose). hes had the game a little longer and knows what hes doing a bit more whereas i just recently got it, but still i figured it'd be relatively same and we'd have another defensive battle.

wrong. what i saw after i got up early just blew my mind, intentional missed blocks and blown coverage had me crackin up. the game ai seemed responsive in the beginning, but after i initiated an early lead the ai had a mental breakdown. heres the game if anyone cares the watch, things i noticed that need drastically improved are at:

2:15 after i put wire in position to cover the only defender around he starts wandering off towards the qb for some reason.

2:25 robinson feels a 10 yard cushion is adequate

3:04 three defenders are needed to cover the vacant flats, no pursuit towards the wr

3:12 um...yeah idk wth that is

3:21 that was supposed to be cover 1, where my lb or safety veered off to i have no idea

3:33 easy pick right? no...safety stops to watch him catch the ball, cover 3 is useless

4:22 stellar run blocking

4:38 i see downfield blocking is still as broke as last year

4:45 shifted line protection to cover the strong side blitz, apparently my rt, rg and rb i told to block didnt get the memo

4:53 robinson is still convinced his 10 yard cushion is adequate

5:30 harry douglas is the new barry sanders

im sure some shenanigans went down for his d as well, i just noticed more when i was playing offense...felt helpless on d as well. thanks stratpad.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:10 pm

man...flawless play calling on offensive..lol..j/k, and i didnt want u to post the video on this site, omg now ppl can see how i play..lmao anyway, i see where flaconfan is comming from, the its very annoying...and we have to get a rematch dude...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:14 pm

well then im in trouble since i have like 25 vids of all my games haha. if you really think anyones gonna watch that over and over to figure out your plays good i'll take it down, just wanted to use it as an example to prove a point. but yeah lets get that rematch in, ill be on in about 15 mins.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:15 pm

I rarely fall for PA passes. It not worth the risk of getting burned. If im usering a blitzer I still go for the QB cause even if he does hand off im willing to risk what the Back might pick up in yardage, vs getting burned if it is a PA pass. Not all defenders fall for PA. Some guys are good at sniffing that shit out.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:37 pm

No PA blocking is actually broke, I mean for EA to actually admit they are working on it then its like a miracle. From what I have seen in replays most often is that the Line just kind of gets confused it blocks like its a dive play pushing forward instead of trying to hold its ground so once a defender is beside the blockers they no longer see you as a threat since they assume the HB has the ball and is running forward with it instead of trying to engage you and give the qb time.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:08 pm

I've been playing a ton of ranked games against random kids in the head to head lobbies. One thing I have noticed for sure is that most zone defenses are totally fubar. I have no idea what happened...but I get murdered every time I run a cover 3. It's almost as if my secondary just stands still in some cases. I don't understand it. I just hope this patch is released sooner than later.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:11 pm

GUYZ watch the next game thats gonna b posted tonite...best game i have ever seem
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:56 pm

A lot of basic football doesn't work in this game... in the 34 your OLB'S set the edge...in this game they don't. Play action blockin obviously is broke. I believe that madden should go to what ncaa has in the setip up play...the more u use a run play successfully the better the playaction will work. Zone coverage is kinda broke and the new kick meter is trash...I hope they fix it.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:00 pm

THAT KICK METER HAS COST ME MORE GAMES THAN ANYTHING IN MADDEN EVER HAS
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:14 pm

I totally agree. The new kicking is ridiculous. It changes every single game based on your opponents internet connection. Total garbage!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:25 pm

yup you cant even time the lil f#cker it just decides for you lol press x perfectly on time 1 game means next game your waayyyy off the next for no reason..

cant practice it either.. I cant handle it .. I lost a game by 3 points .. I missed 2 extra points plus the 2 point conversion and 3 field goals... ( yeah imagine how i felt about that lol)

EA NEEDS TO FIX IT
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Kick meter blows it actually changes not just from game to game but actually in the same freaking game, PATs should be automatic unless u have extreme weather or your kicker is a 55 ovr.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:54 pm

agreed and punts I sometimes feel cheesy kicking out of bounds but i dont mean to lol n it fs up field position

johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:28 pm

I kind of understand but then I don't.... The reality is we all play with the same game it is what we do with it that seperates us.

I have played both players in the Video now and they both wiped up the field with me. However I feel like I am a decent player don't ever anticipate being elite but I enjoy it just the same..

Play Action sucks I live off the run and ANYTIME I try P.A. it is a disaster if I am lucky I just get sacked! So I just don't do it anymore.

My suggestion is just get better at the game, the best you can. Falconsfansince81 you lost a game it is going to happen my hope is I can come up with something better the next time I face you and Jmojsoski to maybe give me a chance at winning the game. Good Luck

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:02 am

Vista3131 wrote:I kind of understand but then I don't.... The reality is we all play with the same game it is what we do with it that seperates us.

I have played both players in the Video now and they both wiped up the field with me. However I feel like I am a decent player don't ever anticipate being elite but I enjoy it just the same..

Play Action sucks I live off the run and ANYTIME I try P.A. it is a disaster if I am lucky I just get sacked! So I just don't do it anymore.

My suggestion is just get better at the game, the best you can. Falconsfansince81 you lost a game it is going to happen my hope is I can come up with something better the next time I face you and Jmojsoski to maybe give me a chance at winning the game. Good Luck

yeah it was my 2nd game online, and on all pro nonetheless. since then i learned to adapt, and spent a lot of time recently in practice mode revamping my defense from last year. defense used to be how i won games, i'm in trouble if it turns into a shootout since i'm the kind to pound the rock and complete short passes to playmakers.

our game we just played could've gone either way off one or two plays, course that punt return called back had me rollin my eyes haha. freakin clipping calls. but yeah, it was a close game and i'd expect to be seein you in the playoffs. i'm always down to lab unranked as well anytime if you wanna work on some things, i know all the labbin me and jmo been doin helped by defense A LOT, as well as offense.

like you said, its adapting to the new year. making changes from the things that may have worked last year but not this one, we're all on one playing field and have the same advantages and disadvantages.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:05 am

falconfan - how is your HIT-STiCK this year? - i wouldnt get too use to using it - no more knocking Jacobs on his @ss with 180 pound CB!

big hits via the Hit sticks are limited to a handful of times a game - and thats realistic - it got out of hand how every tackle was HOT-STICK in madden 10///

u can try that in Madden11 - but u r gonna miss a lot of tackles - its a high risk reward situation - high risk meaning if u use the hit-stick - THERE IS A HIGH CHANCE U WILL MISS THE TACKLE COMPLETELY and the reward is high because it can cause fumbles abd injuries when you do it with players with good hit power....

glad to see this imporved for this year...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Tired of how BASIC football doesnt translate in this game... Empty LMFAO

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:56 am

i can't believe you remember that greener haha, i vaguely do. i think that game spawned an entire thread about the hitstick, which previous versions was a bit over the top. this year however its simply pointless.

hitstick has been nerfed, along with defensive awareness in general. it either triggers a hurdle animation or spin around animation, because this year its all about big plays with less stick skill. how is wes welker spinning off a perfectly timed hit stick from bart scott over the middle any less realistic than a 180 lb corner spearing jacobs? all they had to do was limit the "heat-seeking" capabilities of it, as i think its fine for corners to be able to hit stick low and lb's hit stick high.

hit sticks needs to be tuned based on tackle rating to measure how accurate it is. ea took one more threat out of defense, and with zone coverage ai at an all time retarded level its not nearly as fun for me to be on my once favored side of the ball. guess i better go work on my rocket catching Wink

yes, i'm saddened hit stick got maddened. since momentum doesn't exist i supposed hit stick cannot either, oh well. hey didn't i hurt jacobs for like 4 weeks on that hit? and wait it was in the 4th quarter right? cause you were pissed off i was still hit sticking people when the game was essentially over. yeah i remember that game now. i think i had the jets and you were the bears or something...god...been so many games since but yeah i recall that moment now lol.

i found it! http://madden.canadian-forum.com/general-discussion-f20/the-great-equalizer-or-is-it-chz-t569.htm
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down